• 61 results
#1 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

In your opinion what is the worst relationships in comics (including comic book movies).

This is who I think:

Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy- In my opinion Mary Jane will forever be his girlfriend.

Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes- Batman is one of my favorite characters and I believe he can do a lot better than that.

Raven and Beast Boy- Raven is one of my favorite characters and Beast Boy annoys the sh*t out of me and is one of my least favorite characters. So you can probably see why I don't like this relationship.

Like I said, this is an OPINION thread so I don't want people telling other people their answers are stupid.

#2 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman & Wonder Woman.

#3 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman & Wonder Woman.

Yep, but only because the ball has been dropped and nobody is writing this relationship well.

#4 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Stuff done by Marvel comes to mind.

#5 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-ass and Katie

#6 Posted by Night Thrasher (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman & Talia al Ghul

#7 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry and Rogue.

#8 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Omigod. I have to rein myself in here.

Rogue and Magneto.

Rogue and Magneto.

Wolverine and Jean Grey (movies as well)

Rogue and Magneto.

Rogue and Magneto.

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92445 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman & Wonder Woman.

THE WORST

@lykopis said:

I errmmmmm kind of like them

Moderator Online
#10 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:
@lykopis said:

I errmmmmm kind of like them

It's just a quirk of mine. I first read of Wolverine during his whole Mariko thing, so having him drool over Jean like she's his "true love" really grates. I can't really defend my opinion, lol.

#11 Edited by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey and Beast

Jean Grey and Wolverine

Jean and Scott is what it should be

#12 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

hank pym & janet

black panther & storm when they were married

rogue & gambit too much on/off make up their minds

batman & talia

#13 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

batman & talia

I hate how New 52 turned Talia into a rapist...

#14 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman and Wonder Woman
  • Namor and anyone
  • Rogue and Magneto
  • Logan and Jeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
#15 Edited by judasnixon (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

TERRY LOOOOOOOOONG!!!

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (38524 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Wonder Woman

Gambit and Rogue

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (38524 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther and Storm was another terrible relationship.

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman and Wonder Woman
  • Wolverine and Jean.The whole thing was only good in Morrison's Planet X.
  • Wolverine and Storm
  • Magneto and Rogue
#19 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Scott.

Scott choose Emma over Jean that's it, he moved forward, let Wolverine get Jean since he lust over her so much.

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I forgot Dan Slott and Doc Ock.

#21 Posted by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I forgot Dan Slott and Doc Ock.

Sorry they are perfect for each other.
Both are fat and evil!

#22 Posted by waezi2 (6784 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

I might get some crap for this but its the truth, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman have one of the worst relationships in comics. Reed Richards talks to her like she's stupid, he ignores her and their kids until they get in life or world threatening trouble or present something scientifically interesting. Reed has been verbally, emotionally and physically abusive to her and Sue Richards keeps pretending everything is ok because Reed is just so smart. They don't have a relationship, Sue has Stockholm Syndrome.

#24 Posted by LimboBot (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk And Ciara

Superman and Wonder WOman

Pater and and Whatherface Carlie (facepalm)

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (10777 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky & Black Widow

Punisher & Elektra

Superman & Wonder Woman

Storm & Black Panther

#26 Edited by tquinn (16 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate hank pym and janet van dyne. More bad for them then the concept but still, that was a pretty bad relationship

#27 Edited by Xaos (275 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (38524 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

You make a good point man. I think I have to agree with you.

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17247 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk And Ciara

Superman and Wonder WOman

Pater and and Whatherface Carlie (facepalm)

WHAT!?

#30 Posted by dondave (34276 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark Kent and Lois Lane

#31 Edited by Daredevilnut (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and Jean Grey

#32 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Storm.

Jean Grey and Beast.

Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris. I don't hate the relationship itself. I like it. But I hate how they break up every other issue...

#34 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

@ximpossibrux:

Wait what, they turned Talia into a rapist?

Yeaaaaa... instead of consensual sex, they wrote in Talia drugged Bruce and raped him to create Damian.

#36 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20514 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Cyclops.

@jedixman said:

Sentry and Rogue.

That made me want to vomit. That never happened.

#37 Posted by kgb725 (5798 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by XImpossibruX (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: And Tim Drake was about to be raped, but was saved by Cass.

It seems everyone wants to rape the batclan.

#39 Posted by kgb725 (5798 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

I might get some crap for this but its the truth, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman have one of the worst relationships in comics. Reed Richards talks to her like she's stupid, he ignores her and their kids until they get in life or world threatening trouble or present something scientifically interesting. Reed has been verbally, emotionally and physically abusive to her and Sue Richards keeps pretending everything is ok because Reed is just so smart. They don't have a relationship, Sue has Stockholm Syndrome.

This is actually what I was basically going to say.

#41 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: Reed might be on the good side of the alignment spectrum but he's a pretty terrible person.

#42 Posted by HolySerpent (12454 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderwoman and batman

#43 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725:

And Tim Drake was about to be raped, but was saved by Cass.

It seems everyone wants to rape the batclan.

I realize Batman is supposed to be a more "darker" character but I think getting raped in comics is unnecessary.

#44 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Oh yeah. It pisses me off that his relationship with Sue is viewed as this successful relationship just because it has lasted a long time, when he has (like you said) physically hurt her.

Then you have Hank Pym in the 616 version constantly called a wife beater when he hit Janet Van Dyne once, still a bad thing to do for sure, but Reed has hit Sue multiple times. Plus when you know the story behind the panel in which he hit Janet it makes it a whole lot different. The writer had written it as Hank flinging arms up without looking at Janet (so he did not she was that close) in frustration and accidentally hitting her. When you see the panel it's Hank Pym turning towards her and viciously hitting her with a backhanded fist. The writer told the artist that he had to change it but some higher ups said no it has to be more shocking. Another thing about that scene Pym was immediately regretful afterwards and tried to apologize right away. Whereas Reed has not really done that in most cases.

#45 Edited by Delphic (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people are going to hate me for this but

Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson

The reason I think this is the worst relationship of all time in comics is because of how it has been handled. They are worse than Carol Ferris and Hal Jordan. I have found myself rolling my eyes so many times wishing Peter would move on. I guess it depends on the writer, but sometimes the way Peter dotes on her is really annoying. As a matter of fact, SpOck sitting down and speaking plainly to Mary Jane about how this vicious cycle of "I want to be with you forever." and "We can never be together." needed to end and they both needed to move on.

Dishonorable Mention:

Jason Todd and Talia Al Ghul

#46 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: Also the Hank Pym thing was intended to be an accident, the artist decided to make it a full on hit. Also he was in the middle of a certified nervous break down and probably wouldn't even be considered legally responsible for his actions, where as Reed has always been himself when he did his douchebag behavior.

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I just realized I basically just wrote a shorter version of what you said, sorry.

#48 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

The reason I think this is the worst relationship of all time in comics is because of how it has been handled. They are worse than Carol Ferris and Hal Jordan. I have found myself rolling my eyes so many times wishing Peter would move on. I guess it depends on the writer, but sometimes the way Peter dotes on her is really annoying. As a matter of fact, SpOck sitting down and speaking plainly to Mary Jane about how this vicious cycle of "I want to be with you forever." and "We can never be together." needed to end and they both needed to move on.

Dishonorable Mention:

I got one big problem with this.

I have found myself rolling my eyes so many times wishing Peter would move on.

See this doesn't make sense to me because they were freakin' married. For years. I don't like that some stupid retcon has now poisoned one of the best relationships in comics.

#49 Posted by Delphic (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

Dishonorable Mention:

I got one big problem with this.

I have found myself rolling my eyes so many times wishing Peter would move on.

See this doesn't make sense to me because they were freakin' married. For years. I don't like that some stupid retcon has now poisoned one of the best relationships in comics.

That's the thing though, even if the retcon was stupid, it still happened. I would have just been happy if Peter would have stuck with one path. It seems like to me that every time Peter manages to achieve a level of growth that would push the character into an all new era, we get some sort of stupid retcon or whatever that causes Peter to regress to how he was before.

In this instance, what I would like to see is Spider-man grow from that, and not go in a constant circle and I think that's what all of us, who are Spider-man fans really want.

#50 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I just realized I basically just wrote a shorter version of what you said, sorry.

Lol, hey I guess great minds think alike.