BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batmanfan11 said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Also hate the damsel in distress cliche as well.

You and me both. Trust me.

Nice. Really hated the Spider-Man/MJ relationship in the 2002 Spider-Man...Prefer the Padme/Anakin relationship, THAT was the best couple of 2002! :)

Yeah, I agree.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone has pointed out some good ones already except for the one where the man meets the woman, they hate each other, are both horrible to the other yet in the midst of a fight, they pretty much tear each other's clothes off and then it's pure love and everything is dandy despite him being a sexist jerk and her a projecting failure.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@batmanfan11: badass decay with no explanation

also, strawmen are very annoying (especially when their never right about anything, it just gets me mad at the writers)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In any fight between two men, the one with the least practical weapon will win.

A performer can spot a loved one in a crowd of 20,000 people instantly

A soldier carrying a personal memento of a loved one, such as a jewelry or photo, has no chance of returning alive.

Given an easy opportunity to kill the hero, any villain will decline, and justify this by suggesting that they ‘might be useful' at some point. They never are.

People marooned on desert islands soon learn to make almost anything from bamboo.

Native Americans always say very little and when they do speak it's to give sage-like comments.

All funerals are attended by the person responsible for the death, who arrives in a limo.

Girls given firearms to defend themselves either ‘grew up on a farm' or learn incredibly quickly when given brief training on how to aim, fire and reload.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

When a guy is in love with the girl, but the girl thinks the guy is creepy or not for her, and in the end they both fall in love with each other...ahem Disney ahem

Liara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if this counts, but the whole "Main character is a man having family issues, that are all magically solved by the end of the movie, thanks to his heroic acts, that often don't even involve his family" -thing. It's everywhere.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

A super villain injects himself with animal DNA and turns into the animal in which he had inject him with

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

A super villain injects himself with animal DNA and turns into the animal in which he had inject him with

That is a HORRIBLE cliché. So overused.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The protagonist dying: Is not smart, is not clever or show you have balls, House dying, Batman dying, would had being terribly cliched endings, it has being done to the deth.

Killing = winning

JJ Abrams, the guy is a walking cliche.

A character was actully gay or at least bisexual, against all the evidence to the fact is was heterosexual and the writter run out of ideas.

Superman saves the day in a perfect way, Superman say it, a perfect world dont need a Superman.

The villains gives an speech that is not going to give an speech.

Hot people with zero skills gets casted for being hot.

Being famous = talent

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gods, there are so much of them...

Blacks dudes dies first.

Damsell in distress.

EVERYONE ARE GOOD LOOKING ! The ones who are not are either the bad guy or the comic relief, or worse, a victim...

America save the day or won WWII.

A girl who verbally or physically abuse her man is funny.

The obligatory romance IN EVERY MOVIE !!!

Death by sex. (If a character has sex too soon in a movie, he will die...)

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@wolverine08: good ones.

Oh and powerful superheroes always seem to fight when they meet each other...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: good ones.

Oh and powerful superheroes always seem to fight when they meet each other...

Lol, true. They are all like "We are both very powerful, we must punch each other!".

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PartialSanity

Starting controversial threads in the Off-Topic board.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Loser gets hot girl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Love intress is some sort of danger

Not the right time to kill the character

Bad Guy stops everything he is doing to explain his evil plan/s

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By 14NC3

Mainly the cliche where the bad guy has the perfect chance to kill the protagonist and then chooses to monologue thereby having the protagonists companion to save him just before the bad guy says a cringey 'time to die' line.

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The cliché in which the bad guy either tells the hero the plan, or blatantly leaves it laying around so he can find it *cough*Amazing Spider-Man*cough*

Also, the "you and I aren't that different" cliché, between the hero and the villain

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People claiming that the black guy always dies first when there's actually a sizable majority of movies that don't have the black guy dying first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

None of them, as long as it progresses the story in a natural way I'm fine with it.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Romantic interest in general. Not everything needs a frackin love story forced in there. Plutonic relationships with men and women are fine.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Censoring nudity is one, not sure if it would be considered a cliche, but it seems to have become one. If you are gonna have nudity, have it. If not then don't. Come on its the 21st century and we are still shying away from showing the human form.

I really don't care weather they have nudity in films or not, but if they are going to have it in, then have it in. Don't shy away from it. I understand that some actors might be uncomfortable with it which is fine. It seems an irritating cliche though.

I mean we have moved on from censoring violence on screen (we still have a way to go with that though). Can't we do the same with nudity.

Or maybe the fact that censoring nudity has become a cliche means we have come a long way regarding nudity in the first place. ? Ugh I feel like I have just wasted time and contradicted myself....whatever.

Censoring nudity still feels cliche to me so, maybe I am right on both account....

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sean bean always dies no matter what.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The villain turns out to be the hero's father/brother/related to him in some way. Its an pet peeve of mine that I can't get over, its one of the signs you already out of ideas.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

something temporarily blocks most of the view on the screen (usually a door) and then the character closes/moves it and something scary pops up behind it

someone about to die always manages to say something meaningful before actually passing (whoever witnesses said death usually moves his/her hand over the face of dead person and "closes" their eyes)

during an action movie, shit hits the fan, and someone (a cop, a soldier, whoever) will say "I didn't sign up for this shit" when in fact as they are a cop, soldier, whatever...they did

These things, the black guy dies first & the dumb white girl always surviving. Now I'm seeing a trend where the girl who survives is Latino instead but it really doesn't make any difference in the end; same cliché only a little bit more possible.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Oh I've created or recreated the most powerful being in the world. Now, he will do my bidding unless, of course, I have no real way to control him. Gee I hope I'm not his first vic-gkgkgkkggggkgkkgaa"

Emperor_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the cliché where the protagonist always wins and never dies.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Chibi_cute

New york always gets destroyed during an alien invasion