World your people disapoint me at times..

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Band Lone

I know I can't blame everyone because not everyone is this way, but darn it too many are! 

This morning I was at a waiting room for some personal business and on the waiting room TV they were showing the devastating images of Japan been hit by the tsunami. I couldn't believe my eyes and felt so powerless wishing I could help somehow.. Meanwhile just a few feet from the tv 3 guys were laughing at the second wave that was coming at a car which appeared not to be aware of the incoming threat saying things like "Oh' they're f*cked" and laughing at their misfortune calling them Chinese saying things like "Esos Chinos son locos" basically saying "Those Chinese are crazy anyway" like "who cares" That really messed with my mind on how terrible people are. 

I know that crying wont do any difference but damn-it people are freaking dying! Have some freaking respect at least! I'm not saying that you should poke your eyes and cry I'm just saying control yourself and think that in that car there was most likely a family who had no idea of the situation and were 5 minutes away from their death. Imaging if it was you. You were laughing at that car and suddenly they call you saying it was your family...  Dad, mom, sister, brothers, all dead ad you laughed at it.. How would you feel?

Puerto Rico to this day and age has been blessed from above and I truly don't know why..  We face hurricanes every year coming straight for the island and for some reason they just derail like if something out of fiction just pulled them away from PR. 

Now, on the same note a youtuber posted a direct way of helping by donation and I donated myself and was very happy about it because I feel like thanks to me someone will be saved, someone will receive food, water, medical attention, someone will be rescued and my ten dollars along with other donors will be part of that. Its beautiful.. Yet I get a reply from a heartless A-hole saying that what I did was a waste..

That just did it.. I just lost it for a second and felt like grabbing my computer shaking it screaming WTF!! at the top of my lungs and smashing it against the wall.. Thank god I came to my senses and realized that would be pointless.. Then I checked the guy's account and it turns out the guy is a freaking pothead........ Wasting money on getting high.. I felt so low because I felt stupid because I wasted my time getting mad at a retard who can't even think straight. 

Then I heard people saying things like: "Awwwwww, that sucks! That means there wont be Anime for a while" 

Geezus , Im a huge anime fan but right now I couldn't care less about Naruto...

Really it just saddens me how cruel this world can be and how powerless I am to do anything about it. 

My only consolation is thinking about the other millions of people that actually care and donate or volunteer to help with the situation. Otherwise I'd be going bananas over this.. Also writing this has calmed me a bit as well.. 

I know some of you maybe a bit surprise since Im normally a clown, but damn.. Seen these things were just too much for me

I don't know if they would think its spamming  here on CV or not but the way to donate through text is right here: 

text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to send $10 to help Japan and the people affected by these natural disasters.. I did :)  

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
@Band Lone: Keep fighting the good fight, don't let others get you down.
Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Band Lone

ya thanks 
im just glad i helped

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Band Lone

This tsunami was expected by Japan and they are said to be the most prepared for things like that; but even so look at the damage

Imagine if something like that came to a 100 x 35 island like Puerto Rico... It would be wiped out of the map.. There is even a prediction running around about it.. 

That's another reason why this Japan thing affects me so.. Plus I always wanted to go to Japan  because I think their culture is beautiful :)

Now people are saying "Japan doesn't need donations they're rich" -____- 

Heartless buffoons all help is necessary

I should stop reading those comments

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iLLituracy

I remember seeing an article about people wondering how this was going to effect Apple and their production of iPads. 

Seriously? People are dying and you're worried about iPads right now?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

After you've seen a bunch of soulless morons make Godzilla jokes when people are dying , you really loses any hope you had for humanity.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

I like that you care so much and display empathy, thank you for being a nice person.  

Plus you aren't powerless, you just wrote a very nice post and put a link to donate plus maybe got some people to take a moment to think.  

That being said, people are pretty complex and weird, some can act extremely insensitive and flippant and they might be that way, but as much as caring and having empathy can be a curse, it can be a type of blessing as well, so yeah, I think, maybe don't dwell too much on those guys, just to conserve your own energy, or if you do, remember words have power especially if you chose the right ones. 

soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soundbite

yeah, people are pretty dumb, especially when they don't know the difference between china and japan.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Magian

Unfortunately people like those you mentioned in your post, exist and will always exist. I would call them pigs but that would be an insult to the animals. I saw articles like this and I was like "WTF?", people are dying and all you are worried about is the global economy? Are you kidding me? At least you did something to help them unlike those who were laughing at this. You seem like a good person, don't listen to them.

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10  Edited By goldenshot80

Falcon punch to racist bitches cause Im Fu**ing asian

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

Don't let them under your skin, thats what they want.
They're just jealous that your actually able to make strides at being
a good human being. Zip past them blaring love songs and leave them
to snarl and wallow in their despair pits. With any luck you might actually
inspire a few to change their ways.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Shadowdoggy

people are assholes 
you have to ignore them and not internalize the horrible things that escape their lips (and keyboards) 
the only way you can come out on top is to not let it get you down, enrage you, or change the way you feel or live your life 
just let it pass over you and vanish behind you 
;) 
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC

Some people really can't understand a tragedy unless it somehow directly affects them. It's pretty sad. We're all human, people are struggling and it's a terrible thing.
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shadowdoggy
@PrinceIMC:
agreed 
the more I hear the way people speak and post online, the more I realize most of them had never had to suffer through or for anything 
they have no perspective 
it's the same thing with whiny people who complain about everything because they have never had any real problems 
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By cpt_linger
@Shadowdoggy said:
" people are assholes                                         "
That's a bit harsh don't you think
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shadowdoggy
@cpt_linger:
I wish is was, but no 
I'm a pretty positive person 
I'm an optimist 
but the older I get, the more I am disheartened by how insensitive and calous the majority of people seem to be  
I have heard SO MANY racist comments about the victims of this tragedy in Japan 
I read on more-than-daily basis the most hateful, heinous, horrible things directed at gay people, people of other races, religions, even just directed at people with different views on broad topics like the ones we discuss here 
it's made me a little more cynical and lot less hopeful that people are able to view the world from anyone's perspective other than their own  
it's a shame 
I still honestly believe that most people are generally good 
and I like think that they believe what they do and think what they think coming from a place of honesty
but once you've had someone throw a full bottle of beer at your friends' kids because they have two moms, you start to think "maybe I'm giving people too much credit" 
it just sucks that at 31 years of age, living in a major metropolitan area, I still have to have eggs thrown at me by someone yelling "faggot" while I'm waiting for the bus to go to work
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

The cruelty of humanity is something you just  have to endure. 

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shadowdoggy
@Nefarious:
exactly 
the only way to get past it and come out on top is to not let it affect you negatively 
just try and let heighten your resolve to be better than that and treat people well whenever possible
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
the whole world is sick... the people in it are disgusting... and our end may come quicker than we all think... 
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Wow thats really messed up.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By -Eclipse-
@Band Lone: Your post actually inspired me, Band, so thank you. Until now I've just been, idk, trying to ignore this whole thing like it'll magically go away, but it's not going to and I should do something to help. 

Is that an international number? 

But yeah, there are a LOT of total idiots in the world. They're not trying to be mean, they're just so incredibly stupid and emotionally limited that they can't comprehend that they're being offensive or insensitive. And you're exactly right, if it actually happened to them, they would be stunned. And most likely, they would be crying out about how unfair it is that it happened to then, and how mean it is that people are making fun of them through the internet. 

Honestly, I've been at my current school for 6 years now... And I've seen a LOT more idiots and retards recently than, ya know, decent people. It seems to be getting worse. People hear that Michael Jackson has died and immediately try to come up with lame jokes about it to get a cheap laugh. Same situation here, only I fortunately haven't seen this topic discussed at school yet. Most people just don't give a crap about anything anymore. And the internet, cool as it is, gives idiots like this the perfect opportunity to be jerks for no reason. 

Recent example, there's this dating show over here called Take Me Out. There's 30 girls and 1 guy, the girls have lights that they turn off if they don't like the guy, and in the end he gets to choose a date from those left on. This girl, Lucy, was on it for 12 weeks, and very often she left her light on for most guys. Finally, she gets a date with a really nice guy, who really, seems like the only genuinely decent person to be on the show so far, and Lucy was a lovely girl so I was pretty pleased. But then, I check Facebook. There were two groups there dedicated to her, one which titled "Get Lucy a date" which supported the girl, and had about 200 members. Then a second group, called "Who else wants to PUNCH Lucy in the face?" with near 1,000 members. WTF? You want to punch a girl on a dating show in the face for trying to get a date? That's the whole freaking POINT! 

Yeah, my example isn't quite as extreme as yours, but I literally looked at that 10 minutes ago and it seemed relevant enough. 

I'm gonna go donate some money now, though I doubt it'll give me any peace of mind about this.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Last_Guardian

yeah i actually already texted... well worth the money...

but yeah,some people are insensitive idiots...

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Jotham

I'm glad everyone is being so caring in this thread, especially since I just read about 40 comments elsewhere implying this was payback for Pearl Harbor.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FLCL1
@cpt_linger said:
" @Shadowdoggy said:
" people are assholes                                         "
That's a bit harsh don't you think "

not at all 
in fact he was caking it up
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lagoon_boy
@King Saturn said:
" the whole world is sick... the people in it are disgusting... and our end may come quicker than we all think...  "