Will The Dark Knight Rises Cross $1 Billion Worldwide?

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wario1988

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wario1988
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Yes it will, especially if it continues to publicize itself more and more.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Hope so.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Renee

Probs.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

It's possible, yes.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

Maybe...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock

Yes. I'm bold enough to say that it would top out at $2 billion in the box office.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By ReVamp

I have no idea what Movies make, so I'm not going to vote.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By kingjoeg

Definatley, some midnight preview screenings sold out in a few hours already.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
it probably will
Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Static Shock said:

Yes. I'm bold enough to say that it would top out at $2 billion in the box office.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Not sure...The only reason why the Dark Knight made so much money was because....

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No. i dont think it will past Dark Knight. Batman Begins didn't come ANYWHERE near a billion. Dark Knight had Joker/Heath Ledger to help it out. People didn't know who Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul were. Batman Begins was even better than TDK. But to the general public it didn't catch many peoples eyes. I have a feeling DKR will be the same. Bane will look boring to the general non comic book fans eye who has no idea who Bane is. But I am sure it will make more than Begins, but no where near TDK. Making over a billion is a bold statement. I highly doubt it. But, hey, it might. But I vote a 100% NO.

Batman Begins - $372,710,015

The Dark Knight - $1,001,921,825

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Iron Man 2 - $623,933,331

Captain America - $368,608,363

Thor - $449.3 million

I estimate DKR will make anywhere from 550 million to 800 million (MAYBE).

Mr_riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr_riddler

Nope.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By SuperTide

I'm going with no.

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

No. i dont think it will past Dark Knight. Batman Begins didn't come ANYWHERE near a billion. Dark Knight had Joker/Heath Ledger to help it out. People didn't know who Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul were. Batman Begins was even better than TDK. But to the general public it didn't catch many peoples eyes. I have a feeling DKR will be the same. Bane will look boring to the general non comic book fans eye who has no idea who Bane is. But I am sure it will make more than Begins, but no where near TDK. Making over a billion is a bold statement. I highly doubt it. But, hey, it might. But I vote a 100% NO.

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Thor - $449.3 million

I would agree with you if it were a different movie. Statistically TDKR should hit the 2 bill mark. This isn't about other superhero movies, it's about Batman, pure and simple.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Thor - $449.3 million

I would agree with you if it were a different movie. Statistically TDKR should hit the 2 bill mark. This isn't about other superhero movies, it's about Batman, pure and simple.

Statistically? What statistics support your claim? Midnight showings already selling out? Twilight has been doing that with every movie that's came out in that series and none of them came close to a billion. Now I hate to have to compare a Batman film to Twilight, but thats statistics, guy. TDK was even no where near 2 billion. I seriously doubt DKR will get ANYWHERE near 2 billion. It might pass 1 billion. but 2 billion? No way man.
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I didn't go to the Dark Knight for Health Ledger, but I'm sure plenty of other guys I know will go for Anne Hathaway this time around.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

it better...or else

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Thor - $449.3 million

Statistically? What statistics support your claim? Midnight showings already selling out? Twilight has been doing that with every movie that's came out in that series and none of them came close to a billion. Now I hate to have to compare a Batman film to Twilight, but thats statistics, guy. TDK was even no where near 2 billion. I seriously doubt DKR will get ANYWHERE near 2 billion. It might pass 1 billion. but 2 billion? No way man.

Calm down, no need to get frilly.

Batman Begins: 300,000,000

The Dark Knight: 1,000,000,000

The Dark Knight Rises: 2,000,000,000

(I know the pattern is pretty small, but if The Dark Knight Rises continues the pattern, it should double it's money since the last film. If any film could do it, it's this one. Also Nolan's movies have been hit after freaking hit. And where the hell did Twilight come from?)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Batman Begins was even better than TDK.

Having seen both films (and I watched the first film before the second one), I have to disagree here.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WildValentine
@Static Shock said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Batman Begins was even better than TDK.

Having seen both films (and I watched the first film before the second one), I have to disagree here.

Seconded your disagreement.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Thor - $449.3 million

Anyway, the fact that TDK did so well should allude to the possibility of the movie reaching $2 billion. The reason why TDKR is highly anticipated is due to the success of the last film. In fact, many sequels are highly anticipated (and in turn, gross more sales) because of the last installment in a movie franchise. Transformers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Die Hard, Iron Man, Bad Boys, and others come to mind. Keep in mind that the quality of a movie doesn't always affect sales (since the Transformers series isn't even considered to be good by critics, despite the fact that the sales increased significantly with each installment)..

Whether or not Heath Ledger helped the movie out a little, it wasn't just him. Christopher Nolan has been making box-office hits for a while. Just his name alone should be enough.

Plus, Captain America shouldn't be compared to Thor. Those aren't direct sequels. They're tie-ins. Thor is supposed to be getting a sequel soon, anyway.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ssejllenrad

Wanna make sure it goes beyond 3 billion? Let's kill Morgan Freeman!!!!! It's alright, he's gonna rise up from the dead as the god he is. We just have to him for a while. :D

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

Grossing 2 billion is completely out of the question. Only movie to go over that is Avatar and the closest to hitting it is Titanic. Those movies grossed because they were highly accessible and word of mouth spread like wildfire. That's not going to happen for any comic film or established brand. A huge factor in The Dark Knight's grossing was word of mouth but that was for Joker, Ledger's performance, and his untimely demise. That stuff isn't going to be replicated and greatly helped the movie. There are people who know they aren't going to watch a Batman movie, or a superhero movie, no matter what anyone says. Everyone who is going to see the movie in theaters most likely already made up their mind about it. Nothing about the trailers seems to be blowing anyone away or convincing new people to watch. There's a lot shrouded in mystery and it's not giving us as much as trailers for TDK did. Bane is only interesting here because it's obvious he's challenging Batman and dwarfing him. He's obviously not bringing anything to the trailers that's going to be comparable to Joker pulling people in. Catwoman has had what, two sentences and we haven't seen her in costume? Most people probably don't even know she exists in this film. There's a lot to consider with the fact it is the last movie of the trilogy, and it has a lot of expectations and hype to live up to. It has to succeed The Dark Knight and let's be honest, doing as good or better than that isn't going to be easy. The ceiling for it is probably around the 1 billion The Dark Knight did and if it beats it it will not be by a large margin.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@Static Shock said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Iron Man - $585,174,222

Thor - $449.3 million

Anyway, the fact that TDK did so well should allude to the possibility of the movie reaching $2 billion. The reason why TDKR is highly anticipated is due to the success of the last film. In fact, many sequels are highly anticipated (and in turn, gross more sales) because of the last installment in a movie franchise. Transformers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Die Hard, Iron Man, Bad Boys, and others come to mind. Keep in mind that the quality of a movie doesn't always affect sales (since the Transformers series isn't even considered to be good by critics, despite the fact that the sales increased significantly with each installment)..

Whether or not Heath Ledger helped the movie out a little, it wasn't just him. Christopher Nolan has been making box-office hits for a while. Just his name alone should be enough.

Plus, Captain America shouldn't be compared to Thor. Those aren't direct sequels. They're tie-ins. Thor is supposed to be getting a sequel soon, anyway.

You made some valid points, but I just don't see DKR making 2 billion. That's a feat that only one movie has ever made. Every other movie that has hit one billion was no where near 2 billion (except for Titanic, which was 1,843,201,268). I can pretty much garauntee that this movie will not make 2 billion. It is a high possibility it will pass 1 billion, but 2? Come on... Just doesn't make much sense. When people say it will make 2 billion, Nolan Fanboy is the first thing that comes to mind.
Also, I wasnt comparing Cap and Thor. I was just listing a few super hero movies and its total box office.

@TheWholeDamnShow:

I mentioned Twilight because most people who say TDKR will hit 2 billion tries to back up their claim by saying that midnight showings are already selling out. Which proves absolutely nothing, because even movies like Twilight were selling out before it hit theaters.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

You made some valid points, but I just don't see DKR making 2 billion. That's a feat that only one movie has ever made. Every other movie that has hit one billion was no where near 2 billion (except for Titanic, which was 1,843,201,268). I can pretty much garauntee that this movie will not make 2 billion. It is a high possibility it will pass 1 billion, but 2? Come on... Just doesn't make much sense. When people say it will make 2 billion, Nolan Fanboy is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, I wasnt comparing Cap and Thor. I was just listing a few super hero movies and its total box office.

I said that based on the success of the last film, the possibility of $2 billion is there. I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but there's always the possibility of it happen. I can't think of too many movie franchises that later come out with a sequel and gross over $700,000,000 more than the last film.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By jrock85

Of course it will.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@Static Shock said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

You made some valid points, but I just don't see DKR making 2 billion. That's a feat that only one movie has ever made. Every other movie that has hit one billion was no where near 2 billion (except for Titanic, which was 1,843,201,268). I can pretty much garauntee that this movie will not make 2 billion. It is a high possibility it will pass 1 billion, but 2? Come on... Just doesn't make much sense. When people say it will make 2 billion, Nolan Fanboy is the first thing that comes to mind. Also, I wasnt comparing Cap and Thor. I was just listing a few super hero movies and its total box office.

I said that based on the success of the last film, the possibility of $2 billion is there. I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but there's always the possibility of it happen. I can't think of too many movie franchises that later come out with a sequel and gross over $700,000,000 more than the last film.

Honestly, not many people cared about Batman Begins when it came out. It's a great movie, but thats the truth. No one really cared about it. That's why it made less than 400 million. And that also means there wasn't a giant fanbase for Nolans Batman at the time. Then The Dark Knight comes out and makes a badass total of over a billion. I honestly can't think of a sequel that made a huge difference to the original than TDK did. That's really what leads me to say that Joker being the bad guy, and Heath Ledger dieing had alot to do with how big it was. Now with DKR coming out, no one really doesn't know who Bane is (same as Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow in BB). Even people who might recognize Bane isn't going to know that that is Bane in this movie. I just don't think it's going to catch peoples attention as much as The Dark Knight did.  It's a possibility that it makes over a billion. But more than TDK? and over 2 billion? Don't see it happening. Hope all that makes sense... But that's how I see it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Well, in that case, what can you say about Transformers 3 grossing over a billion?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

It's extremely possible.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@Static Shock said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Well, in that case, what can you say about Transformers 3 grossing over a billion?

As I said before its def. possible that it makes over 1 billion, and TDK made a low billion, so its possible that TDKR will pass what DKR made, i don't think it will, but its possible, and i could be suprised (i'm not exactly a box office expert). But to say it will make 2 billion makes little sense. It would have to be in theaters a looooong time (like Avatar and Titanic were) to even come close to 2 billion. And I don't see this movie being as big as Avatar and Titanic were.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

@BiteMe-Fanboy: No, I mean, in comparison to Transformers 2, what helped Transformers 3 make over a billlion?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By HolySerpent

It will reach 1zillion

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#36  Edited By Deadcool

Maybe... You need that option in the poll...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@Static Shock said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: No, I mean, in comparison to Transformers 2, what helped Transformers 3 make over a billlion?

Well. Gradually each movie made more than the one before. Transformers 3 made about 300 million more than Transformers 2 i think. And Transformers movies have been huge since the first one came out. With kids, adults, everyone. The movies were never even that good, yet they continued to make a crapload.  Explaining why Transformers made so much is hard for me to do. All I can say is that kids go nuts over them, and families will take them to see it. Unlike Nolan's Batman. (Unless you have cool parents). The third Transformers making over a billion was a big suprise to me. It even made more than TDK!.... It's a possibility that Transformers has a bigger fanbase in other parts of the world than Batman. IDK.  TDK is def. a better made movie (doesn't mean i like it) than the Transformers films. Yet the third made more than TDK. Has to mean theres a bigger fanbase worldwide.
Like I say, its possible DKR will make over billion, and more than TDK. But 2 billion is very unlikely.
Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:

2 reasons, it's a summer popcorn flick with lots of brainless action that appealed to a larger crowd. Also more parents took kids to see TF than Batman. Then you throw in the 3D pricing and there you go.

The 2nd movie wouldn't have made as much as it did if not for Heath. He gave a great performance and people wanted to see it.