#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys, it's the truth. Will back in the late 80s and early-mid 90s trumps Eminem.

Even this is better than Eminem or 50-Cent for the matter.

That's the full version.

#2 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by SilverGalford (3272 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree,"getting jiggy with it " let's dance

LOL! speed racer xD

#4 Posted by Nefarious (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly disagree.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct, Will Smith IS a better rapper than Eminem by far.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
This is ridiculous...

@Thirteen13 said:
#7 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#8 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity..

#9 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true, parents just don't understand.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thirteen13  No, i'm not kidding at all. Eminem is wack. Girl in my avatar is makes better music.
#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (12352 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity..

lol

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34297 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he a technically better rapper? No 
Is he a more enjoyable rapper? I'd say yes

#13 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

smith is less threatening than eminem

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believwe I just saw this or read this.

#15 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Glad to see someone else agrees with me. Not being racist but if Eminem was black he'd sell a-lot less. He's so overrated it's ridiculous, I think 50-Cent is better but I'm in the minority and 50-Cent aint special either.

#16 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Thirteen13 No, i'm not kidding at all. Eminem is wack. Girl in my avatar is makes better music.

No words...my words have failed me...

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Subjective.

#18 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that people think colour makes any difference to talent is just pure ignorance.

#19 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief: nobody said that. you brought it up.

#20 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: No I didn't, people are saying that Eminem being white is the reason he makes loads of money.

So no, I didn't bring it up.

#21 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Subjective.

#22 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I dislike Eminem, you have to respect his skills.

@GodOfMischief said:

The fact that people think colour makes any difference to talent is just pure ignorance.

He wasn't talking about talent, he was talking about sales. Big difference.

#23 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

But still, saying that colour would boost someone's sales is kind of ridiculous.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodOfMischief said:

I don't think it's ignorance. I think it's just an observation on how people accept different styles of music. Eminem's work often comes off as a mockery of the genre. Would a black rapper be able to get away with that? I don't know but it doesn't make me ignorant to question it. 

@comicdude23 said:

@Vance Astro: Glad to see someone else agrees with me. Not being racist but if Eminem was black he'd sell a-lot less. He's so overrated it's ridiculous, I think 50-Cent is better but I'm in the minority and 50-Cent aint special either.

Eminem is definitely overrated. I'm tired of him being compared to rappers like Nas,Jay-Z,Notorious BIG,Rakim etc. Greats of the game who actually take the music seriously and keep some artistic and creative value in it. 50 Cent isn't lyrically a better rapper than Eminem but I agree he makes better music.
#25 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

you have been wronged by not only your brain but the gods of judgement as well. it wouldn't matter if eminem was green with purple dots he'd still be better than most out there. as far as 50 cent he was beast back before he started rapping about nothing/money/woman/and all that. when he was rapping to piss people off he was beast.

as far as will smith being better than eminem..... as a skilled MC not in eminems league as a comedic rapper/mainstream soundtrack artist he's rich, not always meaning high quality.

#26 Posted by King Saturn (224749 posts) - - Show Bio
Classic Eminem is a way better MC than Will Smith... now Current Eminem kind of sucks. 
#27 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

But still, saying that colour would boost someone's sales is kind of ridiculous.

But I'm pretty sure it sort of did help Eminem as being a White rapper gave him notoriety and a gimmick although obviously being a great rapper also helped.

#28 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno about better, but i do enjoy will's music more. But i'm not a rap fan either :p

#29 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

No, it isn't.

@Vance Astro said:

@GodOfMischief said:

I don't think it's ignorance. I think it's just an observation on how people accept different styles of music. Eminem's work often comes off as a mockery of the genre. Would a black rapper be able to get away with that? I don't know but it doesn't make me ignorant to question it.

@comicdude23 said:

Eminem is definitely overrated. I'm tired of him being compared to rappers like Nas,Jay-Z,Notorious BIG,Rakim etc. Greats of the game who actually take the music seriously and keep some artistic and creative value in it. 50 Cent isn't lyrically a better rapper than Eminem but I agree he makes better music.

I hate seeing him being compared to Tupac, now I've met Tupac in the 90s and he was sensational. But people putting him up there with Tupac and Biggie is plain ridiculous, his lyrics I will admit are quite good but he isn't sensational. Will Smith is highly underrated as a rapper and is mostly looked as an actor, IMO Smith was one of the best, and people commenting ''oh my god, how ridiculous'' need to look at his work.

Lyrically, no Eminem is better but overall in the way he makes music, 50-Cent is better.

#30 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he holds a candle to Jay-Z either.

#31 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: They're all great rappers I agree, I know Eminem does make songs to mess about with and joke around. But that's just his style, lyrically I still think he's at the top of his game.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:

I don't think he holds a candle to Jay-Z either.

Not even close.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodOfMischief said:

lyrically I still think he's at the top of his game.

More than half the time he doesn't show this lyricism..not that he was that good to begin with.
#34 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

There's plenty of songs that show his lyricsm, a lot of lines can over peoples heads. But we both have our own opinions, by the way I'm not saying that you don't understand any of his lyrics lol.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodOfMischief said:

There's plenty of songs that show his lyricsm, a lot of lines can over peoples heads. 

Lines go over people's heads? Eminem lines? I doubt it.
#36 Posted by nick_hero22 (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

What?

#37 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: You'd be surprised, but still there's no point going on about it anymore.

#38 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

What?

Yep.

#39 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

I listen to a bit of Hip-Hop/Rap and I disagree. Will Smith's music is not that good IMO. Eminem has some good stuff.

#40 Posted by terry2012 (5724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13: Laughing

#41 Posted by nick_hero22 (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

What?

Yep.

#42 Edited by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

What?

I listen to a bit of Hip-Hop/Rap and I disagree. Will Smith's music is not that good IMO. Eminem has some good stuff.

Smith was very original, Eminem is not.

#43 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

What?

Yep.

That's annoying.

#44 Posted by mikethekiller (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

You sound like a jealous hater right now.

#45 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

You sound like a jealous hater right now.

I'm not jealous of a worldwide famous Rapper. I just think he's overrated.

#46 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I've listened to his music on several occasions and never been impressed.

The Fresh Prince Theme Song is a very nostalgic song, but not what I consider top-notch music.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

What?

I can't get any clearer than that.
#48 Posted by comicdude23 (11400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@comicdude23: I've listened to his music on several occasions and never been impressed.

The Fresh Prince Theme Song is a very nostalgic song, but not what I consider top-notch music.

For it's time it was amazingly memorable. Even today it's memorable, it's been embedded into popular-culture. Eminem is quite good with his lyrics, but he isn't that special.

What exactly puts him up there with Tupac?

#49 Posted by nick_hero22 (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Vance Astro said:

What?

I can't get any clearer than that.

But it's false

Why you no like Eminem Vence?

#50 Posted by Strafe Prower (11888 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I never said Eminem was on par with Tupac.

Honestly, I just like Eminem's music much more than Will's.