#1 Posted by A Touch of Class (ATC) (572 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by A Touch of Class (ATC) (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think Obama will get reelected in 2012 or will a Republican candidate take the White House? Based on Obama's performance so far, would you vote for him when it comes time for reelection?

I accidentally made a C. choice so put C. if you are undecided

#3 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does then the 2012 Apocalyptic theory is true

#4 Posted by MrDirector786 (43511 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be elected again.

#5 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

if he didnt have to trudge through the sh!te the idiotic members of the republican party put against him at every turn and decision then theis wouldnt be a doubt 
but since every decision he has made was underminded by questioning his religion, country of origin and allegiance it doesnt look like it as it looks as if he has made no progress

#6 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be elected again if the country gets caught up in a bunch of hype like the first election.
#7 Posted by whacknasty (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not...  Makes me sad to say, since it was really a step forward to have anyone who isn't a white male as president ( not really a racist thing there for me at least, but I think it does show how racism is still ingrained in the psyche of this country...), but I don't think he was best qualified for the position, and rode his abstract ideas of hope into office...  

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care. There should be a D for that.

#9 Posted by BKole (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, so long as Palin doesn't get elected I'm down with that. Anyone who doesn't believe in Evolution, and wants to take Polar Bears off the Red List to drill for Oil doesn't deserve to be in control of a big country.

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't think he will. I didn't originally vote for him, so I'm not terribly upset over it. There have been too many problems while he was in office though most were not his fault to blame. Part of being president is to take the fall of things you were not responsible for.

#11 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio

There already was an assassination attempt on President Obama.

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope not but think he will.
#13 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bush can get a second term...

#14 Posted by inferiorego (22996 posts) - - Show Bio

When you become owner of the worst garbage dump in town and start trying to clean things up, people will still complain that it's the worst garbage dump in town and it's all your fault.

Staff Online
#15 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" When you become owner of the worst garbage dump in town and start trying to clean things up, people will still complain that it's the worst garbage dump in town and it's all your fault. "
Human nature at its finest.
#16 Posted by inferiorego (22996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @inferiorego said:
" When you become owner of the worst garbage dump in town and start trying to clean things up, people will still complain that it's the worst garbage dump in town and it's all your fault. "
Human nature at its finest. "
Yep... Can't please everyone.
Staff Online
#17 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: One can only please himself/herself.
#18 Posted by inferiorego (22996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @inferiorego: One can only please himself/herself. "
this country needs more naps
Staff Online
#19 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Edamame said:
this country needs more naps "
Canada?
#20 Posted by inferiorego (22996 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Edamame said:
Canada? "
America... Canada gets enough naps
Staff Online
#21 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @Edamame said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Edamame said:
Canada? "
America... Canada gets enough naps "
Americans work harder than anyone in the world.
#22 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't have a clue to be honest. I'd rather see how he handles the next few years, although I wouldn't be suprised if he did.  
Bush pulled it off and I'm not sure who on the GOP is going to be really as much of a challenge against him in re-election. 

@inferiorego said:

"When you become owner of the worst garbage dump in town and start trying to clean things up, people will still complain that it's the worst garbage dump in town and it's all your fault. "

My father told me a similair analogy. :P
#23 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already using the Arizona law to get him the votes by misrepresenting it and his administration is pitting the races against each other, painting everyone white person who disagrees with him a racist.  Telling illegals that they are entitled to more than  actual citizens and if you make too much we are going to punish you for working hard to get that money.

Democrat media means to tell a sad story about some random kids, add a little bit of racism/discrimination, pile on the guilt and show the kids crying. <------------Plan for every political issue

Really another fours years of his spending and policies and the U.S. will be taken over by china since they own our debt, yet he keeps spending money he doesn't have.

#24 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX said:

"He's already using the Arizona law to get him the votes by misrepresenting it and his administration is pitting the races against each other, painting everyone white person who disagrees with him a racist." 

No he isn't.

"Telling illegals that they are entitled to more than  actual citizens and if you make too much we are going to punish you for working hard to get that money." 

I'd love for you to back up this statement.  

"Democrat media means to tell a sad story about some random kids, add a little bit of racism/discrimination, pile on the guilt and show the kids crying." 

You watch too much Faux News or listen to Right Wing Radio garbage all too much. 

"Plan for every political issue Really another fours years of his spending and policies and the U.S. will be taken over by china since they own our debt, yet he keeps spending money he doesn't have. " 

This is just plain moronic.
#25 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"There already was an assassination attempt on President Obama. "

When did this happen?
#26 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
When did this happen? "
If I recall correctly, there was a group of men that was possibly tied to the Ku Klux Klan in Tennessee that planned to assassinate him. Luckily, the FBI busted them up before they could do anything.
#27 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"@Edamame said:
When did this happen? "

I don't know. 
I certainly remember him needing extra security while running to be President, that and maybe a vague memory of people planning it out and him not showing up or something like that. It was a while ago though.
#28 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
When did this happen? "
If I recall correctly, there was a group of men that was possibly tied to the Ku Klux Klan in Tennessee that planned to assassinate him. Luckily, the FBI busted them up before they could do anything. "

Oh yeah. I remember hearing in the news about it. 
#29 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

At the rate things are going with his whaning popularity I would say no... but you can never underestimated the political machine that is the democratic party. If they can drum up the same type of "support" they got in 08 then it won't be good for anyone who runs against him, but there is also the possibility that his own party won't nominate him again and then you might see two democrats on the ticket along with the republican and if that were to happen.... doubt it will in this day and age... it should make it easy for the republican.

#31 Posted by Edamame (28075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos: I  forgot. I will check more about it later. 
#32 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
"At the rate things are going with his whaning popularity I would say no... but you can never underestimated the political machine that is the democratic party. If they can drum up the same type of "support" they got in 08 then it won't be good for anyone who runs against him, but there is also the possibility that his own party won't nominate him again and then you might see two democrats on the ticket along with the republican and if that were to happen.... doubt it will in this day and age... it should make it easy for the republican. "

Doubting the Democrats will be subbing him out for another candidate.
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" If he does then the 2012 Apocalyptic theory is true "
No, that's only if we end up giving Sarah Palin the nuclear launch codes. 
@Do I have to give a name?
said:
" If Bush can get a second term... "
You mean third? He's already had two terms of office. 
#34 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" @EnSabahNurX said:

"He's already using the Arizona law to get him the votes by misrepresenting it and his administration is pitting the races against each other, painting everyone white person who disagrees with him a racist." 

No he isn't.

"Telling illegals that they are entitled to more than  actual citizens and if you make too much we are going to punish you for working hard to get that money." 

I'd love for you to back up this statement.  

"Democrat media means to tell a sad story about some random kids, add a little bit of racism/discrimination, pile on the guilt and show the kids crying." 

You watch too much Faux News or listen to Right Wing Radio garbage all too much. 

"Plan for every political issue Really another fours years of his spending and policies and the U.S. will be taken over by china since they own our debt, yet he keeps spending money he doesn't have. " 

This is just plain moronic. "
um i watch Msnbc XD cuz my dorm doesn't get fox, and I don't own a radio

Obama made a scenario about people of an ethnicity going out for ice cream and getting arrested in front of their children, hmm sounds like misrepresenting a law to me because unless you commit a crime the Arizona law isn't something to worry about. (putting fear in ethnicities that you can go to jail for being another nationality other than white.(arizona law is almost identical to federal law)
Obama bashes fox news only because they are the only news to actually say something against obama, Msnbc rarely EVER says something against him. Oh he's whines about them often. Disrespects republicans(McCain during televised meeting)
Blames bush(didn't mind at first) for EVERYTHING, even things clearly under obama's watch. Mocks bush for katrina but he goofed more on the oil spill and didn't do anything for 50 days then refused help from the surrounding countries willing to lend support to contain the oil Until the like 70th day and only accepted minor help).

Pelosi ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT CHILDREN CRYING to prove a point, abc news showed a mexican american boy crying because his parents are forcing him to go back to mexico because they are "afraid" of the new law, every gay marriage issue shows a young teen crying how their parents can't get married and how this breaks their heart. The stimulus bill had commercials show parents and children crying to pass the bill. So its an obvious formula (not moronic you must not pay attention to what's screaming at you, so way to go)
Claims the entire tea party is racist for only 5 people with racist signs(hilter sign is not technically racist but don't condone), claims black politicians were called racial slurs but no actual evidence(recording, audio for video, so on)

Universal healthcare opens the door for illegals to get health care which they already do get it for free(I worked in a hospital, you must treat but they don't pay) You also can't have them deported from a hospital(hospitals get stuck with homeless illegals everyday with no way to get rid of them after treat cost the hospital thousands)
#35 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think he will
#36 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX said:

"  um i watch Msnbc XD cuz my dorm doesn't get fox, and I don't own a radio"

America's media is garbag. But I'm glad you admit you watch Faux News.  

"Obama made a scenario about people of an ethnicity going out for ice cream and getting arrested in front of their children, hmm sounds like misrepresenting a law to me because unless you commit a crime the Arizona law isn't something to worry about. (putting fear in ethnicities that you can go to jail for being another nationality other than white.(arizona law is almost identical to federal law)"  

Unless you have your papers and the authorities believe your here illegally your going to be in trouble from Arizona's law. 

"Obama bashes fox news only because they are the only news to actually say something against obama, Msnbc rarely EVER says something against him. Oh he's whines about them often. Disrespects republicans(McCain during televised meeting)
Blames bush(didn't mind at first) for EVERYTHING, even things clearly under obama's watch. Mocks bush for katrina but he goofed more on the oil spill and didn't do anything for 50 days then refused help from the surrounding countries willing to lend support to contain the oil Until the like 70th day and only accepted minor help)." 

Faux News has been out to get Barack since he was running to become President. And yes they have told large sums of complete bull!@#$ about him, despite their lovely fair and balanced logo. 
You should show a clip of the video of him disrespecting John McCain, because I'm thinking I know what your talking about and they where both laughing about it. 

Faux News was still blaming Clinton during the Bush adminitration and even dropped his name for the Oil spill. So that's 10 years of it being Clinton's fault because apparently Bush still didn't make an impact despite being president for 8 years.  
Then they have the nerve to say to our current President it's been 3 months, you can't keep blaming Bush. Faux News is garbage. 

But yes he's blaming Bush because after 8 years of ramming the country into the ground, it's certainly easy to blame him and he doesn't even blame him for everything.  
I lovehow the Right Wing is great at pretending he didn't do anything while this Oil Spill was happening. 

"Pelosi ALWAYS TALKS ABOUT CHILDREN CRYING to prove a point, abc news showed a mexican american boy crying because his parents are forcing him to go back to mexico because they are "afraid" of the new law, every gay marriage issue shows a young teen crying how their parents can't get married and how this breaks their heart. The stimulus bill had commercials show parents and children crying to pass the bill. So its an obvious formula (not moronic you must not pay attention to what's screaming at you, so way to go)
Claims the entire tea party is racist for only 5 people with racist signs(hilter sign is not technically racist but don't condone), claims black politicians were called racial slurs but no actual evidence(recording, audio for video, so on) " 

You act like this is exclusive to Democrats. This has been a common thing for virtually any form or media and such to draw a connection with the viewer, listener or reader though other people as an example.  
So yes complaining about it is moronic, even though thats why I didn't call you moronic for. 

No one is making the claim that the entire Tea Party is racist and second theres a WHOLE lot more than just Nazi signs and hilter mustaches going on signs, clearly you don't even have a clue on that though. 

Just because theres no video sure as heck doesn't mean it didn't happen, especially since we outright now there are plenty of white supremacists in the Tea Party.  
I know how Faux News is big on protecting the party despite it not at all being difficult to find evidence of clear racism through said groups signs, what they say on tape and such.

"Universal healthcare opens the door for illegals to get health care which they already do get it for free(I worked in a hospital, you must treat but they don't pay) You also can't have them deported from a hospital(hospitals get stuck with homeless illegals everyday with no way to get rid of them after treat cost the hospital thousands) " 

They can't and that is fairly clear in said bill.  

So back to china taking over the US, you watch too much of Glenn's War Room. 

2010 Election

#37 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Obama has definitely been knocked off the pedestal of "hope" with the lack of progress on most fronts (although this was expected... groundwork had to be laid out before anything could happen), he's proven himself fallible. I voted for him. I think he has a lot on his plate and not enough time and/or resources to get to them all, and if he were re-elected, the same thing would likely be said, post 2012.

I'm going to make a terrible analogy, coming from someone who doesn't even like Football. Tony Dungy was the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (my home team) between the years of 1996 and 2002. When he started, the Bucs already had a reputation for being a losing team. Under his watch, however, the Bucs succeeded at last in making the playoffs, although they did lose. I don't want to go off on a tangent, but it should be known that the Glazers, who own the Bucs, are a bunch of greedy self-important [jerks] who convinced the city mayor to invest in a new stadium ($168.5 million, not counting the demolition of the former stadium), bought the property across the street (a beautiful mall where I had a lot of good childhood memories), turned it into a parking lot for their new stadium, bulldozed the mall, and then built an expensive headquarters in the very center of the parking lot. So back on topic, the Glazers found Tony Dungy wanting. Although he argued that the Bucs needed time, and would likely improve drastically in the next season, the Glazers publicly humiliated Dungy, firing him on national television with smiles plastered across their faces. Then came Jon Gruden. The Glazers hired him for the new season in 2002, and that year, he led the Bucs to win the Superbowl. Some people argued that he just had what it takes, however, in the following seasons, under Gruden's watch, the Bucs starting losing again... and again.... and again.

Do I think Obama will be reelected in 2012? I'm not entirely certain, but I'd like to think that the United States has the patience and wisdom to see things through. It would be a shame if his term was not only wasted, but completely undone by someone else lacking adequate respect and foresight.

#38 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
Sadly yes. 
#39 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

He is done. 

Unless he does something underhanded to get reelected then he is done. 

One of the most inept and worse people to ever hold an office. 

#40 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

He is done. 

"

Like Florida's recount that Bush's team stopped? :P 

Why are you talking about Bush on the last sentence?
#41 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

the double-standards that always fill these political threads are hilarious! keep up the good work everyone

#42 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Bush was just about illiterate and he got two terms.

#43 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll beat Palin

#44 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Voting for Darkseid in 2012. 

APOKOLIPS...NOW!!!

#45 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102: but can Darkseid get the female vote? I mean he had better start kissing babies
#46 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

His presence/influence is quite powerful.  He's given America a much better image in the eyes of other countries, and this could be played on in the future.  So.............................possibly. 
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

No he will not because people were b#tching about him in his first year as if he is a magician and can fix the entire country with a wave of the hand.This country sucks sometimes.I almost hope that Palin gets elected and makes the United States 3rd world so people know what it's really like to live in a distressed country.I'm so sick of the b#tching.

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
Americans work harder than anyone in the world. "
Completely false.
#49 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

He is done. 

"
Like Florida's recount that Bush's team stopped? :P  Why are you talking about Bush on the last sentence? "

No, Obama is worse. 

I did say "one of the worse." If you would read what I wrote. 
Not what you want to read. :p
#50 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@rowen545 said:

"He'll beat Palin "

He outright would slaughter house her.  
Shes a damn joke even to some of the more hardcore right wingers, put her name for 2012 and I can pretty much say without a doubt she's not going to get near the white house and thank god for that. 

@Cezar_TheScribe said:

"No, Obama is worse.  I did say "one of the worse." If you would read what I wrote. Not what you want to read. :p "

God no, he can atleast read off a teleprompter, Bush was talking about how Fish and Man can co-exist peacefully.   
I can understand people disliking said President, mainly for political differences, but in all honesty he has ways to go before he reaches Bush, who the world essentially thought was a moron.