#1 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

- If there is a third movie, like the conclusion of an epic saga/trilogy, will The Man of Steel be killed by the hands of Doomsday?

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I hope, that would be awesome n epic

#3 Edited by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping that Batman would die in TDKR, but no =(

Anyways, that would probably be cool, but who knows with the whole Justice League movie and stuff.

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Keeps Doomsday away from this franchise.

#5 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

If he dies it wont be permanent.

#6 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the direction they've taken, it's not improbable.

#8 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Never... wouldnt happen, i can promise that.

Besides, i dont want it to happend.. Why would i like to see Superman die? no way. no thanks.

#9 Posted by SoA (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I hope, that would be awesome n epic

Considering the direction they've taken, it's not improbable.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they will, there are already a Ton of Religious Undertones in Man of Steel... I can already see Superman Christ sacrificing himself for the safety of Mankind at the hands of Doomsday...

And then on that Third Day... Superman got up... He Got Up ! With All Power In His Hands !

Amen !

#11 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

I never saw Superman as Jesus or any messiah, just an alien from another planet that benefited more here then his own original world.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

I never saw Superman as Jesus or any messiah, just an alien from another planet that benefited more here then his own original world.

Saturn is saying that specifically in Man of Steel, a Jesus comparison was played up.

And it was.

Not incessantly, but it was.

#13 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I get the point, but I'll never except the idea of Superman being Jesus no matter what DC tries to sell to me.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (83261 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

The movie studio would never let the veritable golden goose be killed.

#15 Posted by Skyfire (726 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's supposed to be a build up to Justice League then I sincerely doubt it.

Maybe they'll have him "die" against Doomsday then bring him back in the JL film.

#16 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyfire: They won't make the third movie until after JLA in 2015. So your looking at 2016-2018 for Death of Superman

#17 Posted by Immortal777 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one thing for Superman to die in a comic but it's not happening on the big screen.

#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#19 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6450 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome. The only way I'll buy a ticket to a Man of Steel movie is if Doomsday is in it.

#20 Posted by ccraft (5202 posts) - - Show Bio

WB is making a Justice League movie, so no he won't die in the third film.

#21 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10256 posts) - - Show Bio

@_black said:

I was really hoping that Batman would die in TDKR, but no =(

Anyways, that would probably be cool, but who knows with the whole Justice League movie and stuff.

I dont get this dying thing, is a cliche and a very over used i have to say.

#22 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be cool if Superman did end up dying in the end or "moving on" ala All-Star Superman leaving humanity to step up to the role of being their own protectors. Lex Luthor wouldn't be a completely black/white villain, meaning he could be the one to lead humanity towards their own Golden Age like the end of Red Son.

But that's just my vision of an acceptable ending, I wait to see what they come up with in the future.

#23 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

LOL. Death is an overused cliché but the protagonist dying is virtually unheard of in modern superhero movies. I think that Bruce dying in the final film would have fit in well with Nolan's themes of the franchise and his characterization of Bruce.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a necessary thread. The movie is probably 6 years away, but we should be speculating about whether or not Superman will die in a film that hasn't even been green-lit.

I wonder who will play Mister Miracle in the New Gods film that hasn't been considered yet.

#25 Posted by Saren (25616 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who will play Mister Miracle in the New Gods film that hasn't been considered yet.

Shia LeBeouf.

#26 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Go evil on the third film and make him kill Batsies! Kill Batsiieeessss!!!

#27 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: what? no! Reserve shia for movie-only-role in the fourth installment of the not even rumored legion of superheroes movie franchise.

#28 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10256 posts) - - Show Bio

@_black: Unheard?.

V for Vendetta

Game Of Thrones

Public Enemies

Road to Perdition

King Kong

The Wrestler

Black Swan

Fatherland

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Saving Private Ryan

The Sand Pebbles

Gran Torino

Reservoir Dogs

I Am Legend with Will Smith

#29 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he won't die.

#31 Edited by TDK_1997 (14693 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I have seen and how things are going I kind of expect it.

#32 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

Yeah none of those are superhero movies. V doesn't count. The general public thinks superhero movies are cut and dry: evil villain causes problem, superhero arrives, they save the day, everyone lives happily ever after. I'd like for something to go against the grain to show that comics can be more than that simple premise.

#33 Posted by WillPayton (9356 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a necessary thread. The movie is probably 6 years away, but we should be speculating about whether or not Superman will die in a film that hasn't even been green-lit.

Speculating about 6 years from now is so last year. Lets start discussing whether Mister Miracle will be killed off at the end of JLA 3 when Despero comes back to Earth (after he was dispatched in JLA 1). Then JLA 4 can have Orion and Lightray joining the JLA, which sets things up for JLA 5 when Mister Miracle comes back from the dead just in time to fight Darkseid, who was defeated in JLA 2 when he first attempted to invade Earth.

Then of course there's the inevitable JLA reboot in 2025, and the JLA/Avengers crossover movie in 2027! You didnt hear this from me but... I understand that Suri Cruise is the current favorite to play Wonder Woman in JLA '25. Also, Shia LaBeouf's reanimated cloned head will be playing Brainiac.

#34 Edited by Black_Claw (2968 posts) - - Show Bio

As awesome as it would be to have Doomsday on the big screen, I highly doubt they're gonna kill off Superman in a sequel.

#35 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: A JLA/Avengers crossover... As much as we Fanboys of both would love to see.... THAT... WILL...NEVER...HAPPEN... :(

#36 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10256 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: V fo Vendeta, Watchmen and some other i dont remember

@_black said:

@deathpoolthet1000:

Yeah none of those are superhero movies. V doesn't count. The general public thinks superhero movies are cut and dry: evil villain causes problem, superhero arrives, they save the day, everyone lives happily ever after. I'd like for something to go against the grain to show that comics can be more than that simple premise.

Still Watchmen counts.

Everybody saw Batman dying at the end of the movie coming, it was the rumor that everybody was talking around, even magazines and tv shows, it would had being nothing original.

He dying would had change things for the worst, since it would let people belive Bruce Wayne was so insane he belive that dying was better that living a normal life without the need of being Batman.

Also Batman dying wouldnt change the whole people saw it as something simplistic, the only way to change this would to stop making lame childish superheroe movies and superheroes having real problems.

I hope Flash dies on the JL movie, i mean that his job.

#37 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really want Doomsday unless he's somehow related to Darkseid, to be honest.

#38 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

Your point about dying and Bruce being insane really doesn't make sense. But meh, we're both generalizing people I believe. Whereas you have the point of the younger crowd and I the older.

#39 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10256 posts) - - Show Bio

@_black: Batman was Howard Huges in Rises, he feel so guilty that decide never get out of his house and live with his ghost, how is that a sane person?

At the end of the movie Bruce Wayne living show he could continue with his life, he finally deal with his problems and dont need an alter ego to keep living.

Dying means he cant continue with his life, people that cant continue with their lifes arent the sane type of person.

Dying as Batman would mean Batman is the real one, this is not even remotly as good a people want to think, The Goddamn Batman is the best example of this.

It would continue this Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is the suit, the movie deals with this and let people sure that without Bruce Wayne Batman is nothing, without the person under the costume, Batman is a costume, Bruce Wayne is the real person and not Batman, main reason why many people hated this movie and the ending, it says Bruce Wayne is the real person, Batman is a costume a symbol, without Bruce or Blake and people Batman is nothing.

I have problem with the movie, like Thalia and Bane being the villains, but i love the ending.