• 111 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1
deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I think that DC has only done a good job on the animated side but not close to what marvel has done in live action will the tides turn i guess we will have to wait and she but if u ask me i think marvel has to much of a headstart

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Nope.

Superman vs Batman won't change a thing. Not so sure about suicide squad either.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Will DC comics ever be as good as Marvel comics?

No Caption Provided

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Well judging by WB's past with cbm I would say no. This is the studio that messed up Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Catwoman, and a couple others and MoS was heavily devisive. I personally hated it. Maybe they have learned maybe they havent. So far I would safely say no.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By righteous300

I think it has the potential to be better. Will it make the most money? Doubt it. But I do think from a quality standpoint, DC will be much better.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does "as good as Marvel" mean? Quality? Box office?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

All of the above.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WastelandMan

What one considers "good" is subjective and could mean multiple things here. Regardless we can't know for sure until the DCEU is more fleshed out.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

better than Marvel movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's only one way to find out. But yes I think so. I think I'll enjoy them.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from the past, nay. Marvel films are far more successful than DC movies, better too.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Probably.

It'd be better to ask if they'll be good.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

All of the above.

Then sure. I believe BvS, SS, JL, etc. can all be financial and critical successes. Won't really know until we see them. This is also under the belief that MoS and the Nolan films weren't as good or successful as anything Marvel has put out.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel make kiddies movies.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want them to, but based on DC's track record with characters that are not batman I still have my doubts. Yes the BvS trailer looked great but so did the trailer for Green Lantern, MoS, and Spider-Man 3. I sincerely hope they are good and do well though.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

As if the recent Marvel films have been any good.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No DC movie will top Avengers in the box office.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, aside from Man of Steel and The Nolan Trilogy, Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad are the only actual movies from DC.

They need to make more movies to see for sure.

But apparently, their trailers outclass Marvel's LOL.

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is riddled with DC fanboys

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not?

They need to hit the sweet spot between new fans and old fans, and if they can, they can do it. Also with mature storylines which they're working on.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet another stupid DC vs Marvel thread.

But, I'll humor the question: Batman v Superman will probably be much better in quality than the majority of the marvel films. Box Office Wise I doubt it will make 1.5 billion(Avengers), it probably stop around 1.2 billion or 1.3. As much as I loved MOS, you still have to remember how many people hated it and therefore do not want a 2nd helping of Zack Synder.

After seeing a lot more footage I am gaining a lot of confidence in this film.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: that's because the general audiences is not use to a different Superman who is brutal, realistic, short tempered, and not experience with his power.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked MoS more then anything Marvel's made so it's already a yes for me.

SNAKE145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nope. Knowing me, I'll have a ton of fun with the movies, but it's hard to outmatch the quality of CA: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Guardians of The Galaxy, Spider-Man 2, X2: United, Days of Future Past, etc.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izzy0292 said:

I want them to, but based on DC's track record with characters that are not batman I still have my doubts. Yes the BvS trailer looked great but so did the trailer for Green Lantern, MoS, and Spider-Man 3. I sincerely hope they are good and do well though.

But MoS was good.

This thread is riddled with DC fanboys

Possibly.

Then again, that doesn't automatically make any prediction made by them wrong.

Especially given the question begs for an answer based on opinion, for the most part.

Nope. Knowing me, I'll have a ton of fun with the movies, but it's hard to outmatch the quality of CA: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Guardians of The Galaxy, Spider-Man 2, X2: United, Days of Future Past, etc.

What about the Hulk movies, Ghost Rider 2, the first Daredevil movie, Elektra, the Fantastic Four movies, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, etc.?

Not to say DC hasn't flopped big time as well, with movies like Green Lantern, Batman Forever, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, etc. Still, because Marvel has so many different people with their film rights, the quality can't always be controlled and some movies don't quite stack up.

KoolKid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D.C. may at some point be as good as Marvel, but not for a long time, and here's why: A. DC has 0 consistency. From different actor's playing the same roll, to their character's backstory, the DC universe shows little to no consistency. B. DC is trying to fast foward their universe in order to keep up with Marvel. Marvel laid the ground work, with Iron Man, then Hulk, then Thor, etc, which is why the Avengers movies were such a big hit. DC is trying to fast track things, they are not taking the time to lay the ground work for their universe, which is why ultimately, the DC nation we know today, will fail

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'm not saying that DC won't outmatch some of Marvel's worst efforts, but I can imagine that DC's highs won't be as high as Marvel's. Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League might be good, but I'm reluctant to say they'll outmatch some of the best marvel comic films.

Tommy Who?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: What makes you say that? The talent at DC? Why couldn't Suicide Squad match or even surpass The Winter Soldier? Or do you mean in any particular way? Like say, Marvel films could be better but DC earns more money?

@koolkid13: What's wrong with what character's backstory? Also, why do you think DC is trying to fast track to catch-up to Marvel? What Marvel did worked for Marvel. I don't think there's anything objectivly wrong with DC not doing 7 solo films before Justice League. It's different and an untested method, but who better to hook fans in quickly than Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman? Pop culture icons the world over. If DC wants to put fans in the driver seat from the start, then why not? They have the characters and talent to do so.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#37  Edited By Outside_85

Define good in this context?

• BO intake? I kinda doubt it because DC/WB isn't aiming to get everyone from the age of 8 to 80 years of age to go in and see their work.
  • As movies? They are already better, simply due to the fact that you can rewatch the good ones more often, while Marvel's grows stale quite quickly because you know where the jokes are and you start to notice the cheesyness embedded within the plot and dialogue.
panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only Marvel has over DC is Alist actors and Robert DowneyJr./Iron man.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: We know too little about those movies, but DC's handling of their universe so far has been treating it with a lack of care. They got Zack Snyder, a serviceable director at best to handle major property: Superman's first outing since Superman Returns and the film which will start off their DCCU. The film which will expand the universe and introduce big names like Batman and Wonder Woman, the damn Justice League film is being handled by Zack Snyder. Say what you will about the MCU, but they kicked off their franchise with Iron Man, which turned out to be one of the highest rated films of all time. DC's plan is just questionable so far and with that approach to their universe, that could affect the film quality.

It's not impossible to be as good as the Marvel films, but I imagine it'd be pretty damn high. The Marvel films have a wide appeal that has been sparked since Iron Man - that film was instantly loved (and is still loved). Man of Steel is a divisive film, and it's not even device as in, one side hated the film, and the other side thinks it's artistic, meaningful storytelling (Metal Gear fans will know what I'm talking about). It's 1 which calls it a mediocre film, and another side that says "it has a lot of flaws, but we still enjoyed it / loved it for what it did right."

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

@panther21 said:

Bruh. No way. He's not really a good actor. He puts on the same face even when he's acting as Sherlock Holmes.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther21 said:

Bruh. No way. He's not really a good actor. He puts on the same face even when he's acting as Sherlock Holmes.

Wait, what? Robert Downey Jr is a great actor! You're confusing good actor with good character actor.

You can be a good actor, but not necessarily a good character actor.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

@rocketraccoonthingy said:
@panther21 said:

Wait, what? Robert Downey Jr is a great actor! You're confusing good actor with good character actor.

You can be a good actor, but not necessarily a good character actor.

I don't fully agree with you but yeah. Even though he did bad with Sherlock Holmes he was okay as Charlie Chaplin.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Well consider the first film to mention the Avengers Initiative was Hulk. A major Marvel property and look how that was taken. Even the reboot wasn't that good. Meanwhile, Zack did something different with Superman and yes, it wasn't perfect, but you make it sound like It's a minority that enjoyed the film. I was devisive yes, but not in the way you suggested. That could otherwise apply to every movie, not just MoS. Zack is good at what he does, so I don't see any issue with his Superman. Especially given the take on this character. Who would you have picked though, if you were picking a Superman director? Also, how does DCs take on their universe look to impact film quality and in what regard?

I mean, yeah people liked Iron Man, but then look at where they got to with the much maligned Iron Man 3 or the objectively (though falsely, in my opinion), weak Thor series, and non-existant Hulk series. Marvel has been good, but there has been a dip in quality and honestly, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man are carrying the MCU and that can't last. Meanwhile, DC has a great chance to spread their characters out better so as to not have that problem.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@theamazingspidey: Well consider the first film to mention the Avengers Initiative was Hulk. A major Marvel property and look how that was taken. Even the reboot wasn't that good. Meanwhile, Zack did something different with Superman and yes, it wasn't perfect, but you make it sound like It's a minority that enjoyed the film. I was devisive yes, but not in the way you suggested. That could otherwise apply to every movie, not just MoS. Zack is good at what he does, so I don't see any issue with his Superman. Especially given the take on this character. Who would you have picked though, if you were picking a Superman director? Also, how does DCs take on their universe look to impact film quality and in what regard?

I mean, yeah people liked Iron Man, but then look at where they got to with the much maligned Iron Man 3 or the objectively (though falsely, in my opinion), weak Thor series, and non-existant Hulk series. Marvel has been good, but there has been a dip in quality and honestly, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man are carrying the MCU and that can't last. Meanwhile, DC has a great chance to spread their characters out better so as to not have that problem.

Are we equating entertainment with good? Man of Steel might've been enjoyable (I enjoyed it too, if you couldn't tell - just look at my avatar) but objectively, it's a poor movie in many aspects. People call Snyder a good director, and he may be a good visual director, but he is overall a weak director. A director's job is more than just adapting a script to the screen and making the film look pretty - it's about directing creative aspects of the film, including the script. Something Zack Snyder managed to fail doing. Man of Steel had structure problems. His vision of Superman isn't awful, but the handling of the plot is poor. I just rewatched the film less than a week ago. You're introduced to Clark in an abrupt (abrupt, not sudden) oil rig scene which lasts for 2 minutes, then you're thrown into the unrelated class room scene which lasts about 2 mins, then thrown back to the present day in a scene which lasts about a minute and a half, then thrown back into the past in a bus scene, where the bus crashes after about 30 seconds of poorly setting up the scene.

Then after all of these things that had poor rhyme and rhythm, the movie has the guts of introducing the Fortress of Solitude scene which is meant to be this major turning point of the story where Clark Kent has finally found where he comes from, but... wait... finally? The movie hasn't even properly developed the character yet! And this is after you've spent roughly 15 minutes with this character throughout brief, poorly stretched together scenes and you're supposed to care.

Excuse me if I derailed this thread, that isn't my intention, but that's why imo, Man Of Steel is objectively a mediocre movie that's enjoyable. He's good at what he does, but what if what he does isn't really a good thing? I guess we should praise the director of Green Lantern for being good at what he does when what he does is... making bad movies.

Marvel has 4 MCU films that ended up in the 1001 greatest / highest rated movies of all time, and including X2: United, DoFP and Spider-Man 2, that's a total of 7 movies.

DC on the other hand, the only thing we have to look at is Man of Steel. The Dark Knight is a fantastic film, but that is non-relative to the future of DC comic movies.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I'll be the first to admit pacing was an issue with MoS. With that said, lets not pretend we have no idea who Superman is. However, you make it seem hard to think people couldn't tell we were seeing Clark's childhood and how his powers developed. People don't need every little thing spelled out for them.

And you could argue what Zack did wasn't good, but numbers don't lie and no small number pf people did think the film was good. And if you're gonna include the Spidey and X-Films, you may as well include the DK series. I mean, even just as a start, I'd say DC is off to a solid one by comparison. Man of Steel was a good way to start and like any film could be better, but the movie was awesome if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@echostarlord117: There is really good DC Comics right now in same league as Marvel Comics

• Harley Quinn
  • Titans Hunt
  • Green Arrow
  • Black Canary
  • Batgirl
  • Secret Six
  • Aquaman
  • Doctor Fate
  • And even Miniseries like Prez or Bizaro
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@theamazingspidey: I'll be the first to admit pacing was an issue with MoS. With that said, lets not pretend we have no idea who Superman is. However, you make it seem hard to think people couldn't tell we were seeing Clark's childhood and how his powers developed. People don't need every little thing spelled out for them.

And you could argue what Zack did wasn't good, but numbers don't lie and no small number pf people did think the film was good. And if you're gonna include the Spidey and X-Films, you may as well include the DK series. I mean, even just as a start, I'd say DC is off to a solid one by comparison. Man of Steel was a good way to start and like any film could be better, but the movie was awesome if you ask me.

It isn't about having an idea of who Superman is. It isn't about whether or not we can tell that we're seeing Clark's childhood and how his powers developed, it's not about bullet points and information. I want to feel something when Clark Kent finds the Fortress of Solitude. I want to feel like I travelled on a journey with this character and that we've finally reached this destination. You know where I'm coming from?

Who is DK, by the way?

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

The next five years are gonna be unbearable thanks to fanboys...

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel only has one good movie...