• 73 results
Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am saying that a PC would be a better choice.You can get a powerful PC cheaper than 1000 dollars but you pretty much have to customize it yourself.I honestly can't take paying for shit that should come with the console anyways, I don't want playstation plus or the kinect being crammed down our throats.No one wants to deal with DRM if it's not justified like it is for PC.Paying 1000 $ for a PC is more than likely the better choice anyway You would be getting better Hardware and A more diverse line up of games.PC has free flash games that are an abundinent and free to play market,The Booming an Inivative indie market,game modification,is easier for developers to make games for and every game ever made on a PC is backwards compatible.not to mention my PC would be easier and cheaper to fix.This next generation of consoles will last a long time(about 10 years) and the PC is more powerful and efficient.So I think that PC is better.I never used a PC for hardcore gaming I have always had a Sony console in my home, but now consoles are less about giving people an even trade with money and games, now if I pay 60 dollars for a game I'm expected to Pay more money on DLC that isn't even a expansion of the game.I can't put up with either company anymore because Sony and Microsoft are of a mind set that because you pour money into graphics that you can limit gameplay and make a linear product,I would rather play Minecraft than most Triple A games.So I guess what I'm saying is PC is much better now than consoles because of The way that Sony and Microsoft treat the consumers

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marionettegeist

PC is much better. And now both Sony and Microsoft are forcing you to pay a second time for the internet you already pay for! At least Sony offers a free game a month with theirs (even though it would probably just be a bunch of games I don't want) but Microsoft? Nothing. Plus PC can play any games as long as they were made for PC no matter when they were made, unlike the Ps4 and Xbox1.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PeppeyHare

I use my PC for most stuff but I do get consoles just for exclusives and what-not

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: Used a PC all my life, mate. Except crappy ports, it's leagues above any console.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dctv3363 said:

PC is much better. And now both Sony and Microsoft are forcing you to pay a second time for the internet you already pay for! At least Sony offers a free game a month with theirs (even though it would probably just be a bunch of games I don't want) but Microsoft? Nothing. Plus PC can play any games as long as they were made for PC no matter when they were made, unlike the Ps4 and Xbox1.

Sony gives you over $100 worth of stuff over a month for $5. Microsoft are the ones who give you one game

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: Really? Interesting, I still think I'll stick with PC though. At least Sony is trying to compensate.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: You still shouldn't have to pay for features you don't want.I have always perfered Sony to Microsoft but all of Sony's new policies seem to mirror the Xbox 360,and a couple of new free to play games a month will never catch up to the overpopulation of flash games.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can no longer game on the computer, for the sake of my school work.

That and Black and White 2 isn't working.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

the only thing consoles have over a pc is exclusives but the big games are on all platforms so is it for it for 7 exclusives tops to get a console? yeah it is.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bittersweetsymphony
BitterSweetSymphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc's have the best accessories.....

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

PC is the best gaming platform

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There is no huge difference between Mac and PC aside from PC generally being cheaper and the guys at the Apple store are decidedly douchier than the guy at your standard computer store.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#17 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I love both :)

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

There is no huge difference between Mac and PC aside from PC generally being cheaper and the guys at the Apple store are decidedly douchier than the guy at your standard computer store.

Aren't PCs better for games though?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: I don't really play PC games so I couldn't tell you.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

@decoyelite: I don't really play PC games so I couldn't tell you.

I've never tried on a Mac so I can't be for sure.

My PC seems to handle games really well though.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WarBlade539

@joshmightbe said:

Aren't PCs better for games though?

Leagues better. If you have a solid processor and a good, overclocked GPU, it outperforms any console. The difference in graphics, frame-rate is immense.

Loading Video...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll stick to wii tennis.....

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Playing games using a keyboard sucks..and.. well.. pieces of food..pieces of food everywhere.
  2. I would pirate every single PC game if I could..so...no.

Come at me bros.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WarBlade539

1. Playing games using a keyboard sucks..and.. well.. pieces of food..pieces of food everywhere.

Come at me bros.

Keyboard sucks? No, Sir. Kb/Mouse is best for almost every single game genre. For FPS, it's no contest. Auto-aim sucks and I can pull off headshots faster than any console player. For games like Arkham, even then I've more precise control over the camera.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would just get a PC for physix lol

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

Come at me bros.

Keyboard sucks? No, Sir. Kb/Mouse is best for almost every single game genre. For FPS, it's no contest. Auto-aim sucks and I can pull off headshots faster than any console player. For games like Arkham, even then I've more precise control over the camera.

To each its own I guess :P

I've been playing on PS2 since I was 6, so, I'll suck on a pc game no matter what. >_>

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999 said:

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

Come at me bros.

To each its own I guess :P

I've been playing on PS2 since I was 6, so, I'll suck on a pc game no matter what. >_>

I love the PS2 too. All those nights playing Def Jam: Fight for NY, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Black. Every platform has it's merits an for PC, it's hardware.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really play games on my PC -- it just never crossed my mind. To me, games have always been separate, played on a console. Not a preference, just how things turned out, lol.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My computer is due for an upgrade and a fix by Christmas so I can keep up with the demands of the PC gaming master race so I can sneer at dirty console peasants.

If there's a PC version of a game, that's the one I'm getting, I only got the consoles for exclusives.

And only if I can't get a good emulator and ROM to play them on my computer anyway.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By russellmania77

Try and get a virus on a mac

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77: Easy. There are plenty of Mac specific viruses. The reason for a Mac and Linux's supposed security is because most viruses are written for Windows, specifically because it's by far the more popular operating system. Were the situation reversed you'd have hipsters touting the superiority of Windows security.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I find console games to be more reliable. No screwing around with graphics and sound settings to optimise them for your hardware configuration, less installation time (nothing worse than putting a game in, waiting half and hour for it to install, then discover steam won't play it till you download the 17GB of updates) this can happen a bit on consoles, but it's not as bad in my experience. More availability for consoles too. So overall I find it easier and more consistent with say my PS3 than my PC, BUT overall PC's will always be far more powerful and advanced due to the lack of hardware limitations. Problem is game developers (big games I mean) design them for what a console can do anyway to maximise their marketability so a PC is rarely used to its potential.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: On the other hand PC games have mods which in my opinion is the best part of gaming.

You've never known Skyrim until you've put like five hundred different mods on it.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides a good rig or a gaming laptop being decidedly more powerful than a MAC.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Yeah Apple likes to bump up it's prices absurdly because they know their fanboys will still buy it.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WarBlade539

@guardian_of_gravity: And now they are getting into the smart TV network. Get ready for fanboys to buy the 'iTV' lol

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Isn't there rumor that Apple and Google want to make their own consoles? Given Sony's massive financial troubles (their credit rating is currently so bad they can't borrow money) if they do enter it may be the end of the company.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Heard of it. Apparently, Samsung released their console first, the 'Game Pad'. Could you say generic any louder?

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@guardian_of_gravity: lol, fair, but that's assuming it runs and you don't get purple dragons showing up. The amount of weirdness I've had on that game....

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: When you think about it, "Play station" and "Game boy" aren't terribly original either.

@wishiwassuperman: Who says that dragons with the same colour scheme as Barney is a bad thing?

One of my favorite mods is one that has the mario death theme play whenever you die.

It makes losing hilarious.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Like I said I don't play PC games so that doesn't matter to me, tho PC generally cost less and I don't have to deal with Mac snobs so I'm good with PC.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@guardian_of_gravity: At the moment I am a dirty console peasant......I really only play them because operating them is simply more convenient for me, plus the MGS series is primarily on consoles,so I just put up with Sony's garbage so that I can lick the face of Solid Snake while he's on my TV.

PC's are incredible like how I suggest in the thread, but they will never have the same mainstream appeal as consoles because managing the thing is really tasking for people to do, and people (including myself) aren't always open to trying new things if it seems too complex for them to use on regular occasion.As a console tard,I envy PC gamers for mods.I've been waiting since 2011 for Skyrim the legendary edition to come out while you lucky bastards weren't even concerned to get the DLC because you had mods.

Not to mention that backwards compatibility is something I get tired of dealing with.I would love to try out the TES series as a whole from a PC perspective,especially Daggerfall,and Morrowind.once I do get a PC I will still play consoles like PS1-3 for exclusives but really the Xbox One and PS4 are nothing but disposable big budget products that put on too much make up in an attempt to look like PC's.

If the consoles were hot women The PS1 would be Natlie Portman,the PS2 would be Kat Dennings,the PS3 would be Christina Hindricks,and the PS4 would be Nicki Minaj (obviously fake and trying way to hard to hard).

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KaijuKingGojira
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: You need to break up your posts into smaller paragraphs. Not many people are going to want to read giant text bricks like that.

KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@guardian_of_gravity: I know it took me awhile to understand what you were saying but I re-edited my post already

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: I must say I only recognize Natalie out of that list. I'm very behind on my celebrities. :/

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I have always played games only my PC but I am considering on buying a console because from time to time I really want to play games that my computer cannot run.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I have always played games only my PC but I am considering on buying a console because from time to time I really want to play games that my computer cannot run.

There is a way...not the most legal of ways, but a way.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

@tdk_1997 said:

There is a way...not the most legal of ways, but a way.

You mean what exactly?