Why Voldemort and other Wizards won't die by a bullet.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buttersdaman000:

You don't have any proof that they couldn't.....

That's purely ungrounded speculation. Of course, we're both speculating, but at least with some logic and a little proof, I can make an educated assumption. World leaders knew of Voldemort. Voldemort hated muggles and non-pure Wizards. While he openly terrorized the wizarding community, we have no knowledge of him ever doing the same to muggles. What is the reason for that? Why didn't World Leaders ever make a move if he were really a threat??

What 'move' were they supposed to make? You're saying they could do something, it's up to you to prove it.

Dobby was killed by a knife that entered his teleportation field. There's nothing to suggest hundreds of bullets fired off in seconds wouldn't do the same.

The knife was thrown by a wizard..

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Expeli-"

*Bang*

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

That's purely ungrounded speculation. Of course, we're both speculating, but at least with some logic and a little proof, I can make an educated assumption. World leaders knew of Voldemort. Voldemort hated muggles and non-pure Wizards. While he openly terrorized the wizarding community, we have no knowledge of him ever doing the same to muggles. What is the reason for that? Why didn't World Leaders ever make a move if he were really a threat??

What 'move' were they supposed to make? You're saying they could do something, it's up to you to prove it.

Dobby was killed by a knife that entered his teleportation field. There's nothing to suggest hundreds of bullets fired off in seconds wouldn't do the same.

No, I don't have to prove anything more when you literally haven't attempted to prove anything yourself. It's sort of a omission fallacy, but J.K Rowling failed to describe Voldemorts interactions with muggle power even though his crusade against MUGGLES and other Wizards were known to them. So, there are some grounds to my opinion. You actually have no proof either way whether or not Muggles could challenge Voldemort. I, on the other hand, can make a rational inference based on the omission that Voldemort maybe didn't have the power to challenge Muggles. It's a little faulty, sure, but it's better than you simply saying 'nope' with absolutely no logic to fall back on other than your preferences.

And? It was still a knife......

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Nice

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Well they were never shot at, so there's that.

And it's a kid's series overall, so I doubt Dumbledore would go all Dirty Harry and blow Voldemort's brains out with a .44 magnum.

Also, gun laws in Britain.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This thread was nothing but a big straw-man & appeal to ignorance fest - I have no idea how anyone could find this compelling, or, that it actually proves that they couldn't die by a bullet, if one touched their person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Since when do non magical items not work in Hogwarts? Harry's glasses seemed to work just fine.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

See what happens when you ban guns liberals? The dark one comes back and starts a war against a school.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@buttersdaman000:

No, I don't have to prove anything more when you literally haven't attempted to prove anything yourself.

Of course you do. They didn't in the book, but you are saying they could. So you're the one to back it up.

It's sort of a omission fallacy, but J.K Rowling failed to describe Voldemorts interactions with muggle power even though his crusade against MUGGLES and other Wizards were known to them. So, there are some grounds to my opinion. You actually have no proof either way whether or not Muggles could challenge Voldemort.

The only thing we do know that even when the prime minister knew of the wizards, he was unable to do anything, and needed wizard guards.

I, on the other hand, can make a rational inference based on the omission that Voldemort maybe didn't have the power to challenge Muggles. It's a little faulty, sure, but it's better than you simply saying 'nope' with absolutely no logic to fall back on other than your preferences.

The underlined part is why you're getting the 'nope'. You're saying they could do something to voldemort/death eaters. What could they do, exactly?

Of course it was. Thrown by a witch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is some pretty cool speculation. Wizards do have some weird rules when it comes to dying. Like voldemort not being able to kill harry simply because his mother sacrificed herself for him. Unless it was a headshot and the muggle somehow snuck up on the wizard, which shouldn't happen, they can probably deal with bullets fine.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

This is some pretty cool speculation. Wizards do have some weird rules when it comes to dying. Like voldemort not being able to kill harry simply because his mother sacrificed herself for him. Unless it was a headshot and the muggle somehow snuck up on the wizard, which shouldn't happen, they can probably deal with bullets fine.

The point isn't wizards couldn't die if the bullets hit them. They will. But the question is landing the shot - which is obviously possible with an average wizards, but against stronger ones, they can pretty much beat people without wands. Voldemort as a child could TP people into working for them. Wizards also have unconscious access to magic, more prominently seen when they're children.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@buttersdaman000:

No, I don't have to prove anything more when you literally haven't attempted to prove anything yourself.

Of course you do. They didn't in the book, but you are saying they could. So you're the one to back it up.

It's sort of a omission fallacy, but J.K Rowling failed to describe Voldemorts interactions with muggle power even though his crusade against MUGGLES and other Wizards were known to them. So, there are some grounds to my opinion. You actually have no proof either way whether or not Muggles could challenge Voldemort.

The only thing we do know that even when the prime minister knew of the wizards, he was unable to do anything, and needed wizard guards.

I, on the other hand, can make a rational inference based on the omission that Voldemort maybe didn't have the power to challenge Muggles. It's a little faulty, sure, but it's better than you simply saying 'nope' with absolutely no logic to fall back on other than your preferences.

The underlined part is why you're getting the 'nope'. You're saying they could do something to voldemort/death eaters. What could they do, exactly?

Of course it was. Thrown by a witch.

Yet you haven't proved or even attempted to prove anything beyond pure speculation up until this point?

So, keeping in mind that it was mentioned more than once that ONLY top officials knew of the Wizarding community, somehow needing Wizard guards, when of course, the Prime Minister could not use his own, is proof of Voldemorts superiority over entire nations?

You're focusing in on the weakness of my argument, when yous is even weaker. I acknowledged the fact that we're both speculating, but you can't even admit that yourself. I don't want to keep repeating myself, but even with Voldemorts vocal hatred of Muggles, he never openly declared war against them like he did in the wizarding community. That is my grounds for my speculation. Why didn't he ever attack?? On top of that, no Wizard has ever produced or survived damage on scale with what military might is capable of.

Yours, however, like I said before, is just your preference. You don't think military might can oppose Voldemort because we never read about, which is true, but anybody could easily argue the opposite with as much veracity as you are now. They could blow Voldemort up, snipe him, light him up, airstrike, IDK, anything they want :/

So.....what does that mean? There was no magic put behind that throw....

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@buttersdaman000:

So, keeping in mind that it was mentioned more than once that ONLY top officials knew of the Wizarding community, somehow needing Wizard guards, when of course, the Prime Minister could not use his own, is proof of Voldemorts superiority over entire nations?

No, if a muggle guard can perform better than a wizard, it makes no sense to use a wizard guard.

You're focusing in on the weakness of my argument, when yous is even weaker. I acknowledged the fact that we're both speculating, but you can't even admit that yourself.

The difference is, I'm not the one saying 'something that didn't happen in the books could happen'. Of course, it is possible, but then backing up your argument is your job, not mine.

I don't want to keep repeating myself, but even with Voldemorts vocal hatred of Muggles, he never openly declared war against them like he did in the wizarding community. That is my grounds for my speculation. Why didn't he ever attack??

Because he'll be going against both wizards and muggles in that case. He hadn't fully won the first war, and he'll declare another, which will quite obviously add to the number he's up against? He was a genius, not an idiot.

On top of that, no Wizard has ever produced or survived damage on scale with what military might is capable of.

Why does that matter, exactly? They have magic to practically use the military might on itself.

Yours, however, like I said before, is just your preference. You don't think military might can oppose Voldemort because we never read about, which is true, but anybody could easily argue the opposite with as much veracity as you are now. They could blow Voldemort up, snipe him, light him up, airstrike, IDK, anything they want :/

Any of those is going to work how? The sheer number of counter measures he has against those is...

First, they don't even have a way to pin him in a place. If he had crushed the harry side, he'd not have much trouble taking over the human world.

So.....what does that mean? There was no magic put behind that throw....

Why wouldn't there be? Witch, by definition, is magic. And dobby is not a high tier wizard, exactly. I was talking about instances where non-magic opponents tried to hurt wizards. Competent wizards can control that to some extent..

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

intresting

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really doubt there is any real difference in terms of durability. And only experienced wizards are sprouting healing spells, Harry is a reasonably talented wizard, and in certain areas exceptionally talented and he couldn't heal the smallest cut. Although to be fair he hadn't completed his education.

The presumption that the curse on the ring was more powerful than a bullet is huge, and from measured physical affects pretty much unfounded.

Interestingly in Order of the Phoenix we see a wounded Moody trying to heal a wounded and unconscious Tonks, so it may be possible if a wizard remains coherent to heal themselves, but I really doubt Disapparation is possible, considering the necessary physical movement required, which is probably beyond the agility of someone who has been shot, and the intense focus it requires.

HPGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By HPGenius

READ THIS! IT EXPLAINS IT!

I wonder why no one has brought it up or not but here is why no wizard with at least a basic understanding of their powers (11 or maybe for pure or half bloods below 11) could get killed by any muggle. One key point of magic is how much you want something to happen. If you really, really (like literally need) want something to happen it usually will depending on how complex what you want to happen is. If a wizard saw a person with a gun, or a bullet coming at them, or even if it has already hit them the amount of fear, pain and adrenaline in them would go crazy. What they could make happen in that moment is probably the most magic a wizard could ever have. They could probably not only stop the bullet/take it out and heal the wounds but they could probably also direct the target at the person who shot it at twice the speed it was shot but probably also heal any wound in their body. So just remember, the greater the adrenaline instilled in a wizard the more mental power they will have because basically magic works in the same way as adrenaline. When the need is greater the power is greater. I hope you understand how it is near impossible for a muggle to kill a wizard. Probably the only circumstance they could kill a wizard in is if the wizard wanted to die. If you need more understanding of the potter verse I understand everything. Just ask me! I can explain, time turners, quidditch, houses, parents and all other conspiracies about the wizarding world.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magic bullet.

problem solved.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#220  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

This is preposterous. A bullet to a vital organs will kill a wizard. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise, not counting things like Horcruxes.

I see a lot of claims being made without any substantial evidence to support them.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

This is preposterous. A bullet to a vital organs will kill a wizard. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise, not counting things like Horcruxes.

I see a lot of claims being made without any substantial evidence to support them.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if you grab a rifle, and you shoot Voldemort twenty-five times in the face... he probably wouldn't survive after his brains get completely gunned down and splattered around the place. No Horcruxes, of course.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bad logic used in the OP is so stupid it hurts

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 anthp2000  Moderator

Ah,this guy. He fanboys HP Characters since forever.