#1 Edited by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously.

#2 Posted by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Go on

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Critics are slamming it and it gets no respect on the battleboard.

#4 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10365 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

What is KA?

#6 Edited by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

if its kick-ass your talking about who cares what the critics say as long as you like the movie thats all that matters and in the battles he gets no respect because he is weak compared to the characters in comics an average hero in marvel/dc can bench 800-1000 and run a 4.2 40 and punch through a brick wall kick ass is just a kid in a wetsuit with some combat experience there mystery solved

#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat: people have gone so far as to say no one in KA's universe can stand a chance against movie versions of more popular characters.

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (14539 posts) - - Show Bio

cuz i hate that movie and i hate the big fan base of something so i believe to be so lame.

there i said it.

#10 Edited by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat: people have gone so far as to say no one in KA's universe can stand a chance against movie versions of more popular characters.

for kick-ass its hard to find an opponent for the guy since he gets outclassed by most if not all guys he gets put against but someone like big daddy or hit girl wit prep could give someone like punisher,hawkeye,black widow,two face,joker,penguin,red hood,red arrow/arsenal,deadshot etc. a good fight that they could even come out on top

#12 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat: "Hit-Girl's just a child. She's overrated. She gets stomped by character x y and z, etc"

#13 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat: "Hit-Girl's just a child. She's overrated. She gets stomped by character x y and z, etc"

you just contradicted the entire point of your own thread thread my friend.....

#14 Posted by superstay (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

Person 1) LOL, Why do sandwiches get so much hate? People always so Tacos, Burgers, and Burritos are better. They even go as far as to say no sandwich could ever be better than a Taco.

Person 2) Well, if made right, a Ham sandwich would be as good, if not better, than most of those foods.

Person 1) Ham sandwiches are disgusting. They're overrated. Any Taco or Burger taste far better than them.

d^_^b

#15 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8986 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive lost all care in what critics say when they bashed Man of Steel. Although I will say I perfer the graphic novel more, it seems like the movies wants to give you a hollywood ending and change things to please the mainstream media (which is why a live action anime movie will never work). I havent seen the second one yet but from the changes I heard I dont want too, Ill just rent it on red box.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19890 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (8986 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: You cant make me! You're not my real father! Besides Im saving my money for machete kills, all the viewings of man of steel wiped me out.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (12845 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratatat said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

Person 1) LOL, Why do sandwiches get so much hate? People always so Tacos, Burgers, and Burritos are better. They even go as far as to say no sandwich could ever be better than a Taco.

Person 2) Well, if made right, a Ham sandwich would be as good, if not better, than most of those foods.

Person 1) Ham sandwiches are disgusting. They're overrated. Any Taco or Burger taste far better than them.

d^_^b

He put his sentence in quotes, as in, that is the argument people on the battle boards use. He's not saying it himself.

#19 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: you didn't mask your IP address. Honestly I could probably get my friend to find you. Then I can hunt to down and make you. And after I hunt you down we can finally have that life changing DNA test. I loved Man of Steel but only saw it 2 times. Its ridiculous some of the ticket prices. My theater has like 8 dollar tickets, some people on her say tickets are like 15.

#20 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it uses rape for manpain and has a really graphic gang rape scene. Funnily enough, not to many people are fans of that. Plus it uses graphic violence for the sake of graphic violence with not much finesse. Since i can't watch the movie because the rape scene would cause flashbacks/ptsd, I'm not sure if the woman dies or not but if she doesn't I'm pretty sure that the movie focuses on how the boyfriend reacts to her being raped rather than her herself which is a huge problem because it belittles sexual assault victims.

#21 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8986 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Im a ginger, so will you love me even if I dont have a soul? Yeah me too, no matter how good the movie I cant pay to sit in a theater that long (makes me glad I never went to go see Avatar, what a turd), I will however buy the blu ray disc.

#22 Posted by superstay (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Thanks for pointing that out to me.

I think people dislike the KA characters because of how popular they are.....That's all I got

Personally, I'm not a Hit-Girl fan. But that's mostly because I'm not a fan of children characters in comics.

d^_^b

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: um. I guess we really don't need a DNA test, because everybody in my family has a soul. Lol. Yeah avatar sucked. My friend went to it like 5 times. I watched it at his house and once was enough. I feel no need to relive that movie.

#24 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (8986 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I had to watch it twice in school when school was almost over, cus everyone wanted to see it. It took like 3-1 hour class periods for each viewing. I never watched the trailers and my friend who liked it tried to explain it but I never really payed any attention, but as soon as I saw the first 10 minutes I knew how the movie was going to end, every minute after that was torture.

As for your friend, he should join some watch paint dry contests, he's surely win if he can stand watching that movie 5 times.

#25 Edited by The Stegman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the comic and the film. But as for battles, Kick-Ass and even Hit-Girl are low tier street level at best, compared to Batman, DD or other more skilled opponents, they stand no chance