Why so long until the new Dr. Who?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I understand that they need time to make a good show but seriously, the new season doesn't begin for almost a solid year. That's ridiculous, there is no justifiable reason for it to take that long for a tv show. There are many great shows that have never taken so long between seasons so what possible reason could they have for this? And don't give me some crap about patients, I'd be fine waiting 6 months or so but a whole year is not only annoying but it gives people the chance to forget about your show so its bad for business as well. I know we aren't going to forget but Dr. Who is currently having a highly rated run and it makes no sense for them to kill their own momentum like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sherlock and Game of Thrones do the same. Sherlock has been 2 years.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nearly a year? Wow..

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's obviously necessary or they wouldn't do it. Unless, of course, you think they just do things that are unnecessary purposefully. That makes no sense.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's true...f**k !!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: If they would give a reason maybe I would agree with you. I could understand if a major cast member has some commitment he has to keep or if the BBC put it on some kind of hiatus but no they just said wait a year to see the next episode and then you get apologists saying it just takes time, screw that there are shows that are great that put out seasons 3 or 4 months apart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: If they would give a reason maybe I would agree with you. I could understand if a major cast member has some commitment he has to keep or if the BBC put it on some kind of hiatus but no they just said wait a year to see the next episode and then you get apologists saying it just takes time, screw that there are shows that are great that put out seasons 3 or 4 months apart.

So you really do think that they are purposefully delaying for no good reason? uwotm8?

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well where i live its almost a normal thing to wait a year to get a Doctor Who Season considering the fact that its need translations and that other shows are already airing at the moment they are finished (We have like 1-2Channels for every shows so...)...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@joshmightbe: It takes around 9 months to make a British TV show with the amount of FX Who has.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I just said if they gave a valid reason I'd be fine. The point is they gave no reason at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I just said if they gave a valid reason I'd be fine. The point is they gave no reason at all.

It's 'k. It sounded like you were saying "since they gave no reason they are obviously needlessly delaying it". Which is of course stupid as heck. Also what Anon said.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: @jonny_anonymous: Every Star Trek series starting with TNG had about the same level of FX and they banged out 22 hour long episodes a year for their whole runs, they could easily do a 12 episode season in 6 months.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Quality maybe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@joshmightbe: Not in the UK you cant

Are you saying that America can just work more efficiently than the British?

I'm saying the the budget and tech that's available to a UK TV show makes it harder for them to make FX to the standard that they want so it takes longer.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

It's worth the wait.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

@war_killer: I'm not saying I won't watch just that it seems like an unreasonable amount of time to ask fans to wait.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I'm not saying I won't watch just that it seems like an unreasonable amount of time to ask fans to wait.

Is it so unreasonable? If they say they need a year to make new episodes, then they need a year to make new episodes. I just don't get why this is so hard for fans to accept.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Yes its unreasonable considering their competition will all have new episodes within like 2 to 3 months.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: If the new DW episodes are awesome, I really don't think you'll have to worry about their "competition." Seriously, I'd rather they take their time and give us the best stories they possibly can, rater than rush the show only to bomb horribly.

Why's it so hard for you to just sit back and be patient? If you really care about the show then you'd want them to do their very best, which sometimes means having to wait longer. But complaining isn't going to help at all.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By buttersdaman000

Yeah, it is unusually long. Before, we would have got the new season around June or so. But, there is an upside to this delay. Since we're waiting nearly a year for new episodes, there won't be a mid-season hiatus at all. So, we'll get 12-13 episodes, plus a Christmas special, all at once.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joshmightbe: 1. What competition does Doctor Who have? 2. It's a BBC show. They don't make TV like the US.... It's a smaller tighter lower budget.... Most of their shows you will be lucky if you get six episodes a season. I waited two years for four episodes of Luther and two years for just three episodes of Sherlock......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: If the new DW episodes are awesome, I really don't think you'll have to worry about their "competition." Seriously, I'd rather they take their time and give us the best stories they possibly can, rater than rush the show only to bomb horribly.

Why's it so hard for you to just sit back and be patient? If you really care about the show then you'd want them to do their very best, which sometimes means having to wait longer. But complaining isn't going to help at all.

@joshmightbe: 1. What competition does Doctor Who have? 2. It's a BBC show. They don't make TV like the US.... It's a smaller tighter lower budget.... Most of their shows you will be lucky if you get six episodes a season. I waited two years for four episodes of Luther and two years for just three episodes of Sherlock......

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the more fans wait, the more hype it will build.