Why mid-term exams suck!

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

Hey everyone well as I'm writing this blog I'm also procrastinating pretty hard which shows just how well I can multi task! What am I procrastinating for you may ask, studying for my mid term exams! Let's face it, we all hate these annoying exams just BECAUSE! They really suck and almost serve no purpose yet they kind of do. I'm going to list why they suck and then I'd like for everyone to write down what they hate most about mid term exams whether it be college high school or whatever. AND what subject was their least favorite to have a mid term in!

WHY THEY SUCK

-It always takes place in the winter! That sucks because the weather is freezing (if you live like mainly in the midwest to the east coast). And your always called in to take them at such weird times like 9:30am or 12:30am like i just want to get these stupid things over with!

-Your forced to study everything from the beginning of the year to everything the mid term covers. It's extremely hard to concentrate on stuff you can care less about and study for such a long time! Especially in your worst subjects! For me the hardest mid term I'm going to be taking is spanish IV, so i have to study the geography, the history, the art, and the literature!

-PROCRASTINATION IS DEADLY! You can't help but feel this force of procrastinating come over you as you flip the next page in your meaningless notebook. You start thinking "ugh I why am I studying this I'm never gonna have to know it again..hmm I wonder what's on tv." You'll find yourself procrastinating with things you would never do in your everyday life! You'll start cleaning, organizing, and helping people!

-Mid terms count for a huge grade that can either damage your average or help and support it! PERSONALLY I DON'T LIKE THOSE ODDS!

So these are my reasons for hating them, let me know why you guys hate them or like them?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1

Mmm... I dunno exactly what they are (Mexico has different education system) but for your description I know I have a enemy alike:

The ENLACE

is kind a census to see how the country/state/school is going on education level is horrible, stupid and extremely looooong.

In one word:

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I survived my first week of finals..and my god was it stressful.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

Yea the exams really do suck.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harleyquinnhawkgirl said:

Hey everyone well as I'm writing this blog I'm also procrastinating pretty hard which shows just how well I can multi task! What am I procrastinating for you may ask, studying for my mid term exams! Let's face it, we all hate these annoying exams just BECAUSE! They really suck and almost serve no purpose yet they kind of do. I'm going to list why they suck and then I'd like for everyone to write down what they hate most about mid term exams whether it be college high school or whatever. AND what subject was their least favorite to have a mid term in!

WHY THEY SUCK

-It always takes place in the winter! That sucks because the weather is freezing (if you live like mainly in the midwest to the east coast). And your always called in to take them at such weird times like 9:30am or 12:30am like i just want to get these stupid things over with!

-Your forced to study everything from the beginning of the year to everything the mid term covers. It's extremely hard to concentrate on stuff you can care less about and study for such a long time! Especially in your worst subjects! For me the hardest mid term I'm going to be taking is spanish IV, so i have to study the geography, the history, the art, and the literature!

-PROCRASTINATION IS DEADLY! You can't help but feel this force of procrastinating come over you as you flip the next page in your meaningless notebook. You start thinking "ugh I why am I studying this I'm never gonna have to know it again..hmm I wonder what's on tv." You'll find yourself procrastinating with things you would never do in your everyday life! You'll start cleaning, organizing, and helping people!

-Mid terms count for a huge grade that can either damage your average or help and support it! PERSONALLY I DON'T LIKE THOSE ODDS!

So these are my reasons for hating them, let me know why you guys hate them or like them?

Just took mine myself

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OracleX

I am trying to act sixteen right now and sympathize with you but HAHAHAAHA! I know I am terrible.

I do sympathize with but here is some perspective: If you choose to go to college you may end up taking exams that start 7:40 in the morning or 8:00 at night and possibly on the same day. The other bright side is that in college, this when you are just coming back to school from a month-long break.

Other things to keep in mind: Not all exams are cumulative. Screwing up this exam most likely will not destroy your chances of passing the class as opposed to bombing the end of year exam.

As for college mid-term exams that I hated: Communication Law was kind of terrible even though it was open note-book. It was two hundred page of case law that you had to paraphrase and you might end up losing ten points if you forgot the exact year the Pentagon Papers was published. What was worse: No exam, just a midterm assignment. Such a writing a three page single space paper comparing the rise and fall of Michael Jackson to Freud and his interpretation of dreams in relation to Karl Marx (Sociology with a nut-job that I kind of had a crush on).

Good Luck!

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

@OracleX: ahahah i really loved this post! it sounds like college exams have their falls and perks but it looks like there's more perks lol! oh man that sociology class sounds crazy lol! im a senior in my high school so im kinda in that mind frame of "i dont give a f***" now in college do u find yourself procrastinating more or less?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

Sociology is easy, I never studied for a second in that class and just BSed my way thro and still got an A+ at the end of the semester

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Just remember: quality will beat quantity nine times out of ten. The effectiveness of your preparation is more important than simply how many hours you log pouring over the material.

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OracleX

I was the f***in queen of procrastination. I spent more time panicking than actually doing the work. But in the end everything always had a way of working out. Either by begging for extensions citing other classes causing killer stress. It works extremely well freshman year with some teachers who see that you're trying hard but haven't found your pace in this new environment, and Senior year when you appear in their office in tears because "If I don't do well in this course I may fail and not be able to graduate on time and I don't have financial aid..." I also had some friends who helped out. Sometimes the jolt of hitting rock bottom in the middle of the semester shocked my system enough for me to start taking things seriously.

It also works the other way too. Doing well on a mid-term gave me the boost grade-wise when I practically died at the end of the semester. I was journalism major who had to come up with a four-hundred word story every week, which involved putting your life on hold at times to meet people and dash out of classes to answer phone calls (if you sound distracted and brusque on the phone the company might call the department, I digress this I'll save this for another post about college life.) I'm not sure about other majors, but I did some of my best work during the middle of the year, and just phoned it in at the end of the semester. And many professors kind of understood and that is why a few of them lighten up the work load at the end of the semester as there are no standardized state tests. If you go to college, you might end up with a magician performing in front of the last class (Buffalo State Rules... in some respects).

My point is: College in full of contradictions. You never know what to expect. At least in high school the exams follow a specific format.

But end product is awesome. I GRADUATED IN DECEMBER WITH A 3.04 GPA! I know not impressive, but good enough for library grad. school which I hope to start in September. I work part-time at a library and my parents are letting me relax for a while, which is why I have the time to write this very long post and I kind of miss writing with purpose regularly. Again, good luck!

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@harleyquinnhawkgirl Just found this, and I know I'm tuning in late. In US history in 11th grade, the midterm was on the Civil War. No, not the one from Marvel, the real one. I got an A on that, and as a result of the teacher's grading system, it let me coast the rest of the year in his class, and end up with a B. So, put me on the side of liking midterms.

One more thing: I went to the high school where my mom taught, and I couldn't get away with ANYTHING.

Except for this.