This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Raynor (8 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean he's so gimmicky. he's a samurai, then he's a beserker, he represents whatever is cool and popular the time, wolverine fanboys mistake this for complexity when its makes no sense and convolutes him. he constantly insults readers intelligence why trying to portray a deep complex character and fails everytime. marvel overuses the character more than deadpool

his past is essentially a tool so writers can put whatever they want and tell stories in a past tense.

and ultimately out of all of the popular characters, wolverine has failed in every branch of media. his animated series was so bad that it got the axe after one season, his origin movie was a bomb, and his comics are among the worst especially wolverine, the best there is, which caused many people to want to kill themselves.

wolverine is essentially a character for stupid people. this is a fact.

#2 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

while the blatant insults to Wolverine fans is destined to be deemed flamebaiting, I get where you're coming from. I tend to find Wolverine overrated, myself, but I also get why people like him so much.

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raynor said:

he's gimmicky. he's a samurai, then he's a beserker, he represents whatever is cool and popular the time, wolverine fanboys mistake this for complexity when its makes no sense and convolutes him.

You summed up what I was going to say.

#4 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...anger the fans of the guy with claws...GREAT IDEA! :)

#6 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell him Steve Dave!!!!

#7 Posted by FALLENprophet (6557 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raynor said:

wolverine is essentially a character for stupid people. this is a fact.

Sir I think that's an opinion.

#8 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@FierceWolverine said:

Hey Raynor, GO F**K YOURSELF!

this

#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

hmm...anger the fans of the guy with claws...GREAT IDEA! :)

lol

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is gonna get hilarious fast.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how the OP is completely correct and the Wolverine fans aren't even denying it. 

#12 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

DID A DEER JUST KICK WOLVERINE IN THE FACE?

#14 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: it already is. im hoping for more from fiercewolverine.

#15 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Hilariously so.

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor: Who's responsible for that? I need to track them down and make violent love to them.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@InnerVenom123: it already is. im hoping for more from fiercewolverine.

Know what'll really get sh*t started?

#18 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33917 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I love how the OP is completely correct and the Wolverine fans aren't even denying it. 

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Raynor said:

he's gimmicky. he's a samurai, then he's a beserker, he represents whatever is cool and popular the time, wolverine fanboys mistake this for complexity when its makes no sense and convolutes him.

You summed up what I was going to say.

#19 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

#20 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@progenitor: Who's responsible for that? I need to track them down and make violent love to them.

I wish I had the issue on hand, I just kept the panel for kicks (pun intended).

#21 Edited by Dernman (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

I like what Wolverine should be not what Marvel has made him.

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Damn.

#23 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33917 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@progenitor said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Damn.

Is it not from Wolverine Vs Thor?
#25 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverines only a crappy character to those who don't like him.

#26 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. Flagging this thread.

#27 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

But I wanted to see you tear the OP apart. :/

#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Erik said:

:S

Same.

#29 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@Erik said:

I thought about it, then I realized this is a troll account. Hell it probably is Dex_Starr himself back for another ban.

#30 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Whoah, I didn't realize he was banned and checked his profile for his latest posts. Really went out with a bang there...Oh crazy people.
#31 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Erik said:

I thought about it, then I realized this is a troll account. Hell it probably is Dex_Starr himself back for another ban.

#32 Posted by HolySerpent (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is a marvel character what do expect....and all serious though... The thread maker post hold some truth to it.

#33 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Erik: Whoah, I didn't realize he was banned and checked his profile for his latest posts. Really went out with a bang there...Oh crazy people.

You should have seen his threads he made on the subsequent troll accounts. All deleted. I am pretty sure his last thread on his main was deleted as well. Going out with a bang is an understatement.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: You're the single thing I thought about as I read it. I swear you've said exactly the same thing in another thread. Exactly the same, lol.

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: I think I have too. I said it better though, because I'm me =P
#36 Posted by idiotkiller9099 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raynor:

YEESSSSSS!!! Everything you said was the 100% truth and wolverine fans cant take it. good job man.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I HATE what Wolverine should be not what Marvel has made him.

There. That makes it okay for me to quote it and say I like the opposite.

#38 Edited by Dernman (15243 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

I don't if I should pity you or ridicule you for actually liking what Marvel has done to Wolverine..:p
#39 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

I don't if I should pity you or ridicule you for actually liking what Marvel has done to Wolverine..

Read it again. Your first post as quoted by me specifically. Then you'll get the "joke".

#40 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm not really a Wolverine fan and I do admit he's overrated, but you gotta say the OP does have a point.

#41 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp:  
http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/i-really-dont-like-wolverine/92-649836/? 

Wolverine isn't a real character, he's a series of tropes linked together to create a pure audience-appeal avatar. Whatever is popular at the time, Wolverine reflects. His character possesses "innate contradictions", which some mistake for complexity, because he simply makes no sense. He is a totally malleable character. That's why his past wasn't filled in til recently, so that writers could just fill in what they wanted. He has no literary merit whatsoever, aside from providing a brief glimpse of what was "cool" at the time.

Boom, got in 4 months early. 
#42 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ReVamp:
http://www.comicvine.com/wolverine/29-1440/i-really-dont-like-wolverine/92-649836/?

Wolverine isn't a real character, he's a series of tropes linked together to create a pure audience-appeal avatar. Whatever is popular at the time, Wolverine reflects. His character possesses "innate contradictions", which some mistake for complexity, because he simply makes no sense. He is a totally malleable character. That's why his past wasn't filled in til recently, so that writers could just fill in what they wanted. He has no literary merit whatsoever, aside from providing a brief glimpse of what was "cool" at the time.

Meh. I think Dern put it best.

Wolverine's got different facets, all of which I like, they should just not belong in the same character. Its got to do with his over exposure.

#44 Posted by idiotkiller9099 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

raynor is the smartest guy on this site and he's right. wolverine is a stupid character for stupid people.

#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33917 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@ReVamp:  

You think the OP ripped off your post and thought he could get away with it as you posted it 4 months ago?
#46 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@idiotkiller9099: hello raynor

#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Locking this before it gets worse.