Why is Vanilla Ice considered a joke but Eminem is considered ok?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro: and I'm not saying Vanilla Ice is a good example of a white rapper. I'm just saying he was a successful one when he first started, and a lot of people forget that. What I'm trying to say is that Vanilla Ice helped open a door for Eminem and other rappers because he had a very successful hit rap song out. And that was a time that the charts were dominated by anything but rap.

You put it best, Vanilla Ice was a showman and his style faded quickly. However, he still sold a great deal of copies of his record at the time and helped make hip hop more mainstream appealing. That's all I was trying to say. Not "Vanilla Ice is as good as Em" or "Vanilla Ice and Em are comparable" because that's absurd. Believe me, I've listened to too much Eminem to draw to that conclusion.

That's the point i'm making. How can you "open the door" for other rappers of the same type and be considered a joke at the same time? I understand you're not saying that Vanilla Ice is as good as Eminem but if a label is going to take a chance on a white rapper, it's not because of Vanilla Ice.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vance_astro: Agreed, but this is a post-Eminem era. No one takes Vanilla Ice seriously, but the stereotype of white rappers being bad has broken. Macklemore, Yelawolf, MGK, Eminem are all great and put out good, serious material. There's too many examples of white rappers now, but there was a time where only Vanilla Ice could be named as a successful white rapper. It was a long time ago, though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 vance_astro  Moderator

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro: Agreed, but this is a post-Eminem era. No one takes Vanilla Ice seriously, but the stereotype of white rappers being bad has broken. Macklemore, Yelawolf, MGK, Eminem are all great and put out good, serious material. There's too many examples of white rappers now, but there was a time where only Vanilla Ice could be named as a successful white rapper. It was a long time ago, though.

There was never a time where Vanilla Ice was the only successful white rapper. The Beastie Boys came out before Vanilla Ice, they were respected in Hip-Hop and they sold more records by a long shot.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

@khan_noonien_singh:

True. Hey also can't forget

TMNT Ninja, Ninja Rap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Will the real slim shady (that's been made fun of more then politicians please shut up, please shut up, please up...lol Anything Eminem does ;)

This will always hold memory for me 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x more then anything Eminem has done. I also lost respect for him when he made fun of Christopher Reeve, we all know he wouldn't say that in his prime when he was alive, Chris/Superman would kick little Eminem's @ss lol with or without powers.

Geekbait, more songs means nothing....his last album sucked. The only song he's been worldwide known for is slim shady. People just don't want to admit Vanilla Ice was the first big popular, big white rapper. I give him props though as at least he's not a wanna be "gansta" rapper like Eminem tried to do lol.

The first popular white rappers were the Beastie Boys. 3rd Bass was also an almost all white Hip-Hop group (only the DJ was black) and they dropped 3 successful projects and they are actually respected in Hip-Hop. Eminem isn't a wanna be gangsta rapper, that's not even his style. Do you know what Gangsta rap is? Real Hip-Hip fans don't care about the Ninja Rap or Vanilla Ice for that matter. He copied Hammer's style and Hammer was more successful than him by a huge margin. Marshall Mathers LP2 went platinum at a time where most rappers aren't even going platinum anymore because internet downloads reduced album sales. So regardless of what you think about the quality of Eminem's last album it did better than most projects coming out of that genre. Also Chris Reeves was alive when Eminem made reference to him in Purple Pills and the idea that he wouldn't have made fun of him in his prime is made up, Eminem dissed more intimidating people than a terrible actor from 70's...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 vance_astro  Moderator
Youmika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Vanilla lied about himself telling everyone he was getto. He just rhymes words while Eminem is a artist. He can kill you with his. If he's been bitching about his mother more than usual then she's probably getting in his hair again.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Whoa, Ice Cube went up against the N.W.A.? All of them?!? That feat is almost like Superman defeating the Justice League!

You never heard this song??? One of the most remembered disses?

Loading Video...

Come on...I was born in 1994 man, you should know more about this diss than me.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@xlr87t3 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Whoa, Ice Cube went up against the N.W.A.? All of them?!? That feat is almost like Superman defeating the Justice League!

It wasn't hard. Cube was writing most of their lyrics

LOL! Exactly...

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Vaeternus

Vance, No it's not false....it's a legit list. I know about BB, I WAS into them a little but I never said anything about first white rappers. Ok, when I say wanna be gansta I don't mean "guns blazing etc" but the way he dresses. Doo-rags, crooked baseball hat, baggy clothes he was a poser....(not so much these days) but in an attempt to blend in he was a wanna be gansta. Example, look at the way he used to dress.

Oldschool Eminem trying to be gansta/blend in with baggy clothes, doo-rags, huge bling-bling, crooked Baseball caps like 50 Cent, other black rappers that are known for dressing like that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now take those pictures vs. current Eminem or when he's out in public not rapping etc Military hat, clothes that actually fit him, small cross, pants that are his size/jeans, watch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's a prime difference also HUGE baggy pants, doo-rag, hat vs. again jeans that fit, leather jacket, normal shirt etc.

It's so obvious man lol. I used to go to school with kids who dressed like bloods, crips, eminem, 50 c etc, etc they were wanna be ganstas, thought they were tough because they dressed like them but were just posers trying to be "cool" hell some of them had pants down to their knees dude. It really was funny.

Yes, Reeve was alive this was true...but old, near death and in a wheelchair....I said in his prime. I'd love to see him say that to his face, I bet he wouldn't.

Most if not all rappers are horrible actors...except for Ice-T and LL Cool J. They CAN act, the others Busta Rhymes? Emi, Ice Cube etc horrible though.

@cf12793: I agree, I can't see how VI makes it "harder" for white rappers to rap. Makes no sense at all lol. Because for one there's such a huge abundance of white rappers these days right?

I also don't get some of these posts ripping VI and Eminem but saying other rappers are "better" then saying "it's not a race thing" because while I hate Eminem and feel he's overrated, the guy can rap and pretty much owned everyone in the genre the last ten years so yeah....I definitely don't think he "sucks" in rapping.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Baggy pants, doo rags, and crooked baseball hats isn't trying to be gangster.

And Ice-T, MC Eiht, T.I., LL, 2Pac, Common, etc are good actors. That's a false statement, most if not all rappers are horrible actors.

Eminem hasn't owned everyone in the genre in the last 10 years. How would you know when you don't listen to the genre other than what's on the radio.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Vaeternus

@jnr6lil: Yes it really is when you try to pose, dress & talk like one...hence why I said trying.

Yeah because everyone totally dresses like that who aren't trying to be "gansta or cool" right? You must be young.

I have listened yes, stop repeating yourself please. You don't know what I listen to so please stop with the assumptions and yes most rappers suck at acting, I act am familiar with the industry so humor me. It's hard to break into, the only reason musicians get movies easy is cause of big name. The difference is some can act, others can't act out of a paper bag. You just assume I don't listen because I don't LOVE rap as much as you do.

2Pac? lol MC? Common? right.... Common was decent in T4 but then hardly had any lines so...

You obviously didn't read my post I said Ice T, LL were good...please read more carefully next time.

Seriously dude, you really don't see any wrong with rap topic in general do you? Really? Because I'm pretty sure others in here said Eminem is arguably the best rapper in the past 10 years or this era(not my words) your fellow rap enthusiasts except for a few users.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@vaeternus: Implying, talk slang makes you a gangster and that wearing sagging pants automatically makes you look like a thug.

Except you only know two rappers that act. You don't listen to most of Hip-Hop, you've only listened to what's on the radio.

Yes 2Pac, Juice, Above the Rim, Poetic Justice. Same as with MC Eiht, Menace II Society. Ice Cube can act also. Boyz In The Hood, Common Just Right and Luv, T.I. ATL, etc. Hell Will Smith was a rapper before he became an actor.

I'm sure you've never seen most of those vovies

He isn't, no one has said he is. He's the biggest, but most will say he hasn't put out a good album since 2003.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um...Most rappers(at least the good ones) don't "act". Hip Hop/rap is just a way for them to express themselves and talk about where they came from. They act hard, because they came from a hard life and they want to express where they came from. How can one act/fake where he/she came from? This is the same for Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, 50cent, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Wutang Clan, Mobb Deep, Eazy E, the list goes on and on...Heck even Eminem since he was raised in the D and the D is like one of the most violent parts in America. Eminem has more street cred than Drake. lol. But thats not the point, again how can people act/fake where they came from??? Most rappers come from hard lives, rapping is just either a distraction or a way to get out.

As for Eminem being the best rapper in the past ten years. I respect Eminem as a rapper but that claim is clearly opinionated, because from what I see most hardcore Hip Hop fans and even rappers regard Nas himself as one of the greatest rappers. He has influenced so many rappers and many regard him as a legend. He influnced two are my most favorite rappers right now who are Kendrick Lamar and J Cole.

As for Eminem owning everyone in the genre. That shows you really dont listen to rap. While I and many rappers respect Em, again he has NOT repeat NOT gone up against high tier but mediocre ones and celebrities in his disses. You have Nas vs Jay. 50cent vs Jarule, Nas, Jadakiss, Wutang Clan, Fat Joe and many others. The Game vs Gunit. Tupac vs Biggie/East Coast Rappers. Ice Cuve vs NWA. Jay vs Mobb Deep. I can go on and on. But who has Eminem dissed that are in the level of people I listed. Whos rappers careers has Eminem destroyed? And I'm talking about well known rappers like say Jay Z. 50cent nearly destroyed Fat Joe's career and basically ended Jarules career. So how can one say Eminem owned every rapper in the genre? When he has not went against rappers like Nas.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one is gonna win an argument against vaeternus he already has his mind made up about how he feels about the culture and the lifestyle of hip-hop which is exactly why i stopped replying to him

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Vaeternus

@jnr6lil: No, I said I posted two rappers who CAN act. No actually I listened to old CDS, Cassettes(if you know what that is), Vinyl and friends CD's. Radio btw speaking of which you know due to FCC tons of rap songs have to be edited right? Great for radio!

@jnr6lil said:
@mrdecepticonleader said:

they both suck

You listen to rap?

This post for example, proves my point about your assumptions.

This guy clearly doesn't like either, so you automatically assume "he doesn't listen to rap"....

Question, do you know what the word "trying" means? Obviously most people who try to be gansta aren't, thus why they try to compensate by DRESSING like a OG to try to intimidate people. Otherwise I agree with you in that it does NOT make them one, but they're posers, they try. This is what i'm saying.

lol ok you know what instead of pointlessly arguing with you since you defend anything with HH or rap involved, I will give you a chance to prove me wrong. Those "rappers who can act well" as you say, please provide proof of this? I want to see their emmy calibur acting skills ;) since you seem to defensive about "rappers being great actors"

Will Smith wasn't serious about rapping til he got bigger in TV, Movies. He's an actor far more then a rapper btw also a clean one I might add. Will Smith got big for acting, TV, movies not rapping...Fresh Prince anyone? Also please don't get documentaries confused with actual acting in a full length film.

I have, and you know a lot of those movies go straight to DVD for a reason. Do you know why movies go to DVD and not movies? Because of lower budgets, crappy acting and/or because the first movie didn't make good money at box office. Ice Cube is average at best, Ice T is million times better.

Pretty sure I can find posts in here of users who said Eminem is the best rapper to them.

@doomguy said:

Does Eminem still hate gay people? Or are we just suppose to turn the cheek on that one?

I know right? lol I guess people think it's ok since he performed a song with Elton John? *shrugs* like you said, people turn the cheek.

UrbanChill, I can say the same about you. So everyone has to love rap or both of these artists to reply? This topic has the battle forum mentality where apparently if you have a different view with some folks, they think you don't know anything or have a mindset....

King, nobody is saying faking where you're from. I'm saying the way you DRESS, ACT half the time it's a facade. Otherwise, ok why did eminem go from doo-rags, baggy pants to casual prep style? lol If he dressed like that originally, would he not be taken as seriously? Also, I never said he "owns all rappers of all time" I said within fairly recent era up until his latter albums. I don't like the guy or am a fan but even I admit the guy has skills, sounds like you're hating on the guy for other reasons.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanilla Ice is a joke because he could not stand the test of time and his music image was stuck with a fad that went away within a few years of it being popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is this a serious question?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Point is you immediately asked him "do you listen to rap" yet others in here have said the same thing both suck or they don't like either(I noticed you didn't question them) being my point. But him, me I noticed your cherry pick who you question.

Ok, well you're talking to someone who grew up in NYC during the 80's and 90s...

Maybe where you live people dressed differently during those times but here, I went to school with TONS of kids both black and white who tried to emulate that "gansta rap" look. Because let's put it this way, one of my best friends doesn't dress like that yet LOVES rap and Eminem so what's up with that? Are you saying the way you dress doesn't have any meaning on what you are about or try to be at times? Not that I'm going to rant on technicalities with caps(but as someone who's played baseball) caps are meant to be worn straight of backwards. Not to the side...it looks kind of silly and is rather uncomfortable having the corner end digging into my temple.

I went to school in the hood(one of them middle school) majority kids were black. My high school kids were region for the same district but not in the hood. A lot of kids dressed that way to just to be something they're not. I even knew some of them, asked them what's up with the baggy pants falling down. One of them responded "it's the look n%gga, dre, 50 cent repping know what I'm saying" I just didn't know how to respond. The funny thing is I went to all 3 schools with him, he didn't grow up that way....he dressed like casual joe up until middle school and high school. Then he was dressing like 50 cent, huge blings, curved hat, baggy pants that didn't fit him etc. This is what i'm referring to....

Ok, perhaps you don't watch much TV or movies but getting nominated as (Heath Ledger did) after he died for role of Joker, and/or people get awards for good performance that's when. According to you, you're saying "rappers can act well" so I asked you for proof of this? Can you even find me a clip? lol A lot of movies with rappers have gone straight to DVD or are TV sci fi movies...being my point. Those kinds of movies have far lower budget, no name actors half the time or maybe a random rapper or musician or washed up actor in it. Example, Coolio in Pterodacyle?

Some of these movies I never even heard of(much less who's starring in them)

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2011/04/the-25-worst-movies-starring-rappers/waist-deep

Sorry but Eminem's lyrics in past songs implies he hates Gay people...performing with EJ was a publicity stunt and friends? How do you know? You know who Eminem hangs out with? some how I don't see them chilling lol.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Vaeternus

@jnr6lil: Ok..

Ok, so if you buy a car does that mean you can drive it however you want even if other people are at risk or do you have to drive it a certain way?

Baseball caps the design is meant to be worn straight forward or backwards(if you were it to the side it doesn't look right and is extremely uncomfortable) Pants zipper meant to worn in front, so if you wear them backwards that would make sense to you because they bought them? lol Now a video game you buy it you play HOW you want...but clothes man? Dude, they're meant to be worn a certain way not @ss ways all I'm saying lol. But hey whatever.

Ok, I never said anything about condoning violence...although now that you mention it, I have to say during my first year in H.S. a lot of fights broke out between the blood and crip wanna bes. Kids wearing colors, talking crap about favorite gangs, rappers etc...But they cut down on that really fast. I knew lots of kids who tried emulating that gansta look who were good kids as well so I definitely don't think it influences violence. My definition of hood is a bad neighborhood regardless of color, just so happens majority are black, then hispanic then white. BTW, I'm a minority as I'm latino background ;)

That's true, there's also a lot of bad movies too both of which you never hear of. Good movies can be found with looking though, research. Bad movies well...the really bad ones are bad for a reason let's just say. Have you if I may ever watched a sci fi movie? The acting? The storylines? Please do then watch a real TV movie or movie-movie and get back to me. You'll agree or at least understand more of what i'm saying.

Ok, so let me get this straight you're asking me "low budget movie, bad actors make a movie bad" but question a site you don't agree with that happens to have a legit list of bad movies that have rappers in it? Okie Dokey...I don't see how that's laughable, some how I get the feeling if I posted it from imdb you'd say the same thing.

Seemed like one to me, because I'm so sure EJ and Eminem hung out prior to that lol. I mean come on dude, they probably barely keep in touch. People perform one, two times together on musical crossovers and that's it usually. He shouldn't care what the media thinks, afterall the media is brainwashed, biased half the time anyway however...he should care what people think.

You see, there are people who like rap and him regardless of his music, lyrics, concepts mocking others etc then there's those like me who don't just enjoy a song for musical reasons but what it's about, lyrics and if it's about killing people, mocking others dont' care how popular it is it's crap to me. I prefer to see originality, not just generic rhyming while making fun of someone else who never did anything to you.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

There was never a time where Vanilla Ice was the only successful white rapper. The Beastie Boys came out before Vanilla Ice, they were respected in Hip-Hop and they sold more records by a long shot.

You are right about that one, dude. The Beastie Boys did come before Vanilla Ice, so I am wrong on that front.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@vaeternus: Dude, it's called growing up. Em, was in his early twenties when he came on the scene, Dr Dre and Snoop don't even dress like that anymore, and Ice Cube does family movies and is friends with cops. Hell, Ice-T plays one on Tv. LL cool J no longer wears Kangols and long chains. Eminem was not posing, dudes friends were mostly black and he grew up in an urban environment, he was just rocking what he liked and what he was used to.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: dont get me wrong i know apart of growing up is trends but there are people who dress,act a certain way to look intimidating. Im in nyc man lol believe me theres a lot of that even in adults not just kids.

Im just saying personally ive never been a fan of posers or trying to 'be' someone else thats all dude. Im a supporter of being myself.

Ice t yep i know im a fan of law and order. He actually changed his tune from his early years.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I understand..I live in Miami, and it's guys fown here whom have never sold a nickel bag, but around people they straight claiming they are "305 Goons," and ish.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

Vance, No it's not false....it's a legit list. I know about BB, I WAS into them a little but I never said anything about first white rappers. Ok, when I say wanna be gansta I don't mean "guns blazing etc" but the way he dresses. Doo-rags, crooked baseball hat, baggy clothes he was a poser....(not so much these days) but in an attempt to blend in he was a wanna be gansta. Example, look at the way he used to dress.

Oldschool Eminem trying to be gansta/blend in with baggy clothes, doo-rags, huge bling-bling, crooked Baseball caps like 50 Cent, other black rappers that are known for dressing like that.

Now take those pictures vs. current Eminem or when he's out in public not rapping etc Military hat, clothes that actually fit him, small cross, pants that are his size/jeans, watch.

Here's a prime difference also HUGE baggy pants, doo-rag, hat vs. again jeans that fit, leather jacket, normal shirt etc.

It's so obvious man lol. I used to go to school with kids who dressed like bloods, crips, eminem, 50 c etc, etc they were wanna be ganstas, thought they were tough because they dressed like them but were just posers trying to be "cool" hell some of them had pants down to their knees dude. It really was funny.

Yes, Reeve was alive this was true...but old, near death and in a wheelchair....I said in his prime. I'd love to see him say that to his face, I bet he wouldn't.

Most if not all rappers are horrible actors...except for Ice-T and LL Cool J. They CAN act, the others Busta Rhymes? Emi, Ice Cube etc horrible though.

Actually IT IS false and the links you posted don't provide any proof in your favor. You said that there were 1-hit wonders known more than Eminem. The links you provided only named 1-hit wonders it doesn't prove your claim about their fame\popularity in comparison to that of Eminem. Enimem isn't a gangsta rapper and he wasn't trying to be. The way he was dressing was the style in hip-hop during those time periods whether you were a "gangsta rapper" or not so posting images of what he's wearing doesn't really lend any credibility to your point.

You specifically said "The only song he's been worldwide known for is slim shady. People just don't want to admit Vanilla Ice was the first big popular, big white rapper. I give him props though as at least he's not a wanna be "gansta" rapper like Eminem tried to do lol.".It's in the post I quoted so don't say you didn't say that. He WASN'T the first big white rapper. Eminem is the biggest rapper of all time, comparing him to someone who usefulness had run out after 1 album and isn't respected is ridiculous.

Eminem wouldn't have made a joke about him because aside from his horrible acting there wasn't much of a joke you could have made about him "in his prime". Him being paralyzed IS the reason he was fodder for jokes. Alot of rappers made "Superman is in a wheelchair jokes" when he got paralyzed because of the irony of a "the world's finest superhero" getting crippled. Nobody is scared of Christopher Reeves, he's not a gangsta, he's not a tough guy, he didn't put no work in, he's not known for physical violence or for making anybody back down so I really don't get the point you're making about Eminem not saying it to his face.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Vaeternus

@guardiandevil83: yep all good bud. Lol miami huh? Yeah i hear people can be like that down there. Here aside from my prior examples we also have the 'bros' lol jersey shore posers i live roughly less than hour away from the shorr lol so many guys getting fake tans, shades, gelled up hair. It was quite funny.

Lol....@vance, its not false but clearly you mustnt listen to much outside of rap?i believe you misunderstood my point. I said more known, not whos sold more albums or whos 'cooler'

Second, how so? Because as i said the link dont lie and while he may be better then most rappers and vi thats not sayung much when it comes to actual musical talent. I see so other words you missed ny point completely on the clothes poser gig....

Sure nobody fears reeve, the man is dead but nobody fears eminem either. Growing up in crappy hood, getting tats and acting hardcorr doesnt make you tough. Both in their prime id fight him any day over reeve. Just saying

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

Lol....@vance, its not false but clearly you mustnt listen to much outside of rap?i believe you misunderstood my point. I said more known, not whos sold more albums or whos 'cooler'

You made a claim and didn't make any real effort to validate it. I didn't misunderstand your point. I know what "more known means". Now you just keep saying "it's not false". Based on what evidence? Also how are you going to say "clearly" I don't listen to much outside of rap? When that's ALSO not true or really based on anything. I listen to Pop, I listen to Jazz and alot of different sub-genres of Jazz, same with Rock and it's sub-genres, and I could go all day listing genres I listen to but you're really just using that to invalidate me instead of simply backing up what you said. The only 1-hit wonders you can probably say are more famous or more well known than Eminem are those that are actually famous for something else like Eddie Murphy, Patrick Swayze, Steve Martin, Bruce Willis etc. and even that is stretching it because not only is Eminem possibly just as big and as well known as they are but they also aren't known for music, that's why they are 1-hit wonders.

@vaeternus said:

Sure nobody fears reeve, the man is dead but nobody fears eminem either. Growing up in crappy hood, getting tats and acting hardcorr doesnt make you tough. Both in their prime id fight him any day over reeve. Just saying

Nobody fears Christopher Reeves because he's not intimidating and he never was. You don't know whether Eminem is tough or not, you're making this ridiculous assumption about what he would or would not say to Christopher Reeves as if somebody is supposed to be afraid of such a nonthreatening character. It's ridiculous. Of course your money would be on Christopher Reeves if he fought Eminem, you're clearly a hater, what would happen between these two in a hypothetical fight was just one more thing you're using to discredit him. There's no facts or logic backing this.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Vaeternus

@vance_astro:

I did though, I provided links but I can only show the horse to the water...so. I'm not going to argue logistics. If you want to ignore or bypass the facts I provide that is your choice. Reason why I say that is cause if you listened to rock or classic music dating back to that era you'd know I'm right. My point was that a good portion of one hit wonders while may be one hit, are eternal hits as in forever known by that artist or band. Guarantee you a lot of those songs I posted on the radio would be identified by most people who weren't born the past 10-15 years as known or as much as any Eminem song. It could be an age/era issue too, you may merely be too young to know some of those hits. Which i've noticed the average age rate on here is relatively younger people(nothing wrong with that but then it does explain why people are into Eminem a lot)

I don't understand your bringing actors point into it, if you're trying to say movies make songs bigger this goes for every song played in a movie or show...it doesn't matter because chances are that song was already a hit/be it one hit or not prior to it being showed in a movie. If you're trying to say Eminem is more known then those people? I'd have to disagree. Eddie Murphy? Patrick Swayze?Bruce Willis? No way lol. Steve Martin maybe since he's old and people are like who's that with names like that but the first three, no way. Bruce especially....unlike Eminem who even his fans in here admit he's been irrelevant past few albums arguably nearly 10 years or so, Willis is still kicking it with Die Hard, RED and countless other badass films even at his age. So I don't see this comparison honestly. You know if not for musically popular 99% of the time rappers, singers etc wouldn't even be considered for a movie if not for them already being famous for music right? I mean, "bow wow"? Britney Spears? countless rappers? Can go on...who can't act or aren't very good at it. Eminem even isn't that great an actor but decent I guess, but he played it smart instead of trying to get into some random comedy or something, he figured "hmm lets make a documentary/movie based off my life how I got here"

Compared to Eminem he's very intimidating, not even talking about Superman role have you seen his stats compared to Eminem? Eminem is a shrimp compared to Reeves...not to mention again I said in his prime, he could benchpress little Eminem lol. Easily has 100 lbs+ on him. And you don't know if Eminem is tough or not anymore then Reeves was...so your point is moot. You're acting as if you know them and you don't anymore or less then I do, but I do know their size and rep. Chris got buff for Superman and was big at one point. Eminem ehh not so much, far less intimidating if I had to get in the ring with either of them. Has nothing to do with characters either have played, talking about them in real life.

How am I a hater? I can say the same about you hating Chris...assuming 'he's not intimidating and never was" yet trying to say "I don't know Eminem" lol really? Do you not see what's wrong with that comment? Has nothing to do with hating or loving either, it's just realistic fact based on evidence of both men.

To make this easier for you, let me ask you. Would you rather fight a Siberian Husky or a Honey Bear? Just answer please if you had a choice, which one would you feel have the better shot at?

Or for human stats, guy 6'3 250lbs vs. guy 5'9 165lbs? Seriously?

I think it's best to agree to disagree since clearly we feel differently about a few things on the topic. I think as far as the topic is concerned, both were good at one point, now both are done for the most part. One guy hasn't had a solid album for a while, the other is doing reality TV so yeah...lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

@vance_astro:

I did though, I provided links but I can only show the horse to the water...so. I'm not going to argue logistics. If you want to ignore the facts I provide that is your choice. Reason why I say that is cause if you listened to rock or classic music dating back to that era you'd know I'm right.

You didn't. What you did would be like if I said there are martial artists better than Wolverine in the Marvel Universe and you asked me to prove and I simply posted a list of martial artists. That's not backing up the claim. There are 0 1-hit wonders that are more well known the Eminem and you didn't PROVE otherwise. If this is era based then you don't have a point. If someone was bigger than Eminem in their era, people should still no who they are today.

My point was that a good portion of one hit wonders while may be one hit, are eternal hits as in forever known by that artist or band. Guarantee you a lot of those songs I posted on the radio would be identified by most people who weren't born the past 10-15 years as known or as much as any Eminem song. It could be an age/era issue too, you may merely be too young to know some of those hits. Which i've noticed the average age rate on here is relatively younger people(nothing wrong with that but then it does explain why people are into Eminem a lot)

This isn't what you said, but let's go with this. Even if these 1-hit wonders have that one song that is as well known as any Eminem song or more so, Eminem has SEVERAL HITS! What is the reasoning for even making this point? Sure, people know Ice Ice Baby as much as they do Without Me, Sing for the Moment, Cleaning out My Closet, the Real Slim Shady but you're comparing that to the stats of a guy who dominated the an entire genre?

I don't understand your bringing actors point into it, if you're trying to say movies make songs bigger this goes for every song played in a movie or show...it doesn't matter because chances are that song was already a hit/be it one hit or not prior to it being showed in a movie. If you're trying to say Eminem is more known then those people? I'd have to disagree. Eddie Murphy? Patrick Swayze?Bruce Willis? No way lol. Steve Martin maybe since he's old and people are like who's that with names like that but the first three, no way. Bruce especially....unlike Eminem who even his fans in here admit he's been irrelevant past few albums arguably nearly 10 years or so, Willis is still kicking it with Die Hard, RED and countless other badass films even at his age. So I don't see this comparison honestly.

Maybe you should pay attention to the lists you post. Those actors I named are 1-hit wonders. They have a popular song and never recaptured that moment. Also I never said that Eminem was more known than any of those actors I said he's POSSIBLY just as famous and as big as they are. You don't have to give me their stats, I know what they've done, and those things don't actually prove that those actors are more well known than Eminem they are just facts about longevity. Also notice i'm saying

POSSIBLY

, which means i'm guessing. I'm not pretending to know nor do I believe I could substantiate that claim that's just what I think.

You know if not for musically popular 99% of the time rappers, singers etc wouldn't even be considered for a movie if not for them already being famous for music right? I mean, "bow wow"? Britney Spears? countless rappers? Can go on...who can't act or aren't very good at it. Eminem even isn't that great an actor but decent I guess, but he played it smart instead of trying to get into some random comedy or something, he figured "hmm lets make a documentary/movie based off my life how I got here"

Can you tell me how this has anything to do with any point I made? Also where did I say that Eminem was a good actor?

Compared to Eminem he's very intimidating, not even talking about Superman role have you seen his stats compared to Eminem? Eminem is a shrimp compared to Reeves...not to mention again I said in his prime, he could benchpress little Eminem lol. Easily has 100 lbs+ on him. And you don't know if Eminem is tough or not anymore then Reeves was...so your point is moot. You're acting as if you know them and you don't anymore or less then I do, but I do know their size and rep. Chris got buff for Superman and was big at one point. Eminem ehh not so much, far less intimidating if I had to get in the ring with either of them. Has nothing to do with characters either have played, talking about them in real life.

And you're asking why I think you're a hater? You're making a completely ridiculous point about Christopher Reeves that stands on an even more ridiculous assumption your making about Eminem. No points I made are moot because I'm not claiming or even suggesting I know anything, that's what you're doing. If you're intimidated by Christopher Reeves that's a personal problem.

How am I a hater? I can say the same about you hating Chris...assuming 'he's not intimidating and never was" yet trying to say "I don't know Eminem" lol really? Do you not see what's wrong with that comment? Has nothing to do with hating or loving either, it's just realistic fact based on evidence of both men.

You're the one making the ridiculous claims, not me. I don't have to know Christopher Reeves to know he's not intimidating, he's not perceived as a threatening figure. That's not hating that's an observation. Your point however is that you bet that Eminem wouldn't have made jokes about Christopher Reeves when he was in his prime which based on what you've used to validate it is an assumption only based on how you feel about Eminem personally and not what as actually factual about his character.

To make this easier for you, let me ask you. Would you rather fight a Siberian Husky or a Honey Bear? Just answer please if you had a choice, which one would you feel have the better shot at?

Or for human stats, guy 6'3 250lbs vs. guy 5'9 165lbs? Seriously?

-_-

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Vaeternus

@vance_astro:

Yes I did. Again you're ignoring it.

It's not? Pretty sure it is what I said but whatever...lol note:dominating and entire genre(rap no less) is not that great a musical feat vs. people like Beatles, Madonna, MJ etc...

Maybe you should read my links? Just a thought. And do more research on actors listed? Because if you're trying to say that Eminem is bigger or more known then Willis I'm just going to laugh and stop this discussion right now. You mentioned actors vs. Emimen as to why I elaborated on that musician/acting point.

And you're doing the exact same thing assuming Eminem is more intimidating then Reeve is. I'm just saying by logical assumption, I would rather fight or mingle with someone on Eminem's stature vs. Reeves...yet it takes real big man to mock someone who can't move after an accident...that's not me hating, it's a legit reason for having an issue. I've known disabled people, it's a weak shot that was unnecessary. So no I'm not making ridiculous claims, factual ones. The difference is I have an issue with it, you don't care who he mocks or raps about as long as "it's cool"

Thanks for answering my last question, that's all I needed to know ;)

Slightly relevant article.

lol incredibly ironic.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hate rap.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jnr6lil said:

@vaeternus: I asked him you listen to rap as I've came across him on the forums, but never saw him in the Hip Hop Discussion Thread, so when he commented on two rappers I had to ask.

No one said caps had to be worn straight or backwards. If you spend your money on a hat you can wear it however you want to. I simply don't see how sagging your pants makes you want to be gangsta.

I 'm pretty sure your definition of hood is a school with all black kids. And kids always try to emulate rappers who they like. It's doesn't necessarily mean they're a wannabe or condoning gang violence.

Except there's lots of good movies that don't get awards. So because a movie has no named actors and a low budget makes it bad?

The fact you linked Complex which is one of the worst sites when it comes to lists is laughable.

It wasn't a publicity stunt. Elton John knows the music business and knows that Em was using shock value for money and fame. You really think Eminem cares about what the media thinks of him? This is someone who sold millions and became famous by being exactly what the media hates.

Just to clarify, since I probably should. I have listined to both. And I don't like either. Thus they are both crap to me.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bcuz Caucasians.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By TazzMission

here he is in the rap Olympics before being famous.

if anyone thinks ice can match it they need there heads examined

Loading Video...

scribble jam 97

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vaeternus said:

@vance_astro:

Yes I did. Again you're ignoring it.

I'm not ignoring anything. I know what "proof" is and what qualifies as that. You didn't prove your claim. You just keep saying the opposite of what i'm saying.

@vaeternus said:

@vance_astro:

It's not? Pretty sure it is what I said but whatever...lol note:dominating and entire genre(rap no less) is not that great a musical feat vs. people like Beatles, Madonna, MJ etc..

They aren't 1-hit wonders so that point is completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

@vaeternus said:

Maybe you should read my links? Just a thought. And do more research on actors listed?

Another example of you just saying the opposite of what i'm saying. There was no actual point to this remark....

@vaeternus said:

You mentioned actors vs. Emimen as to why I elaborated on that musician/acting point.lol incredibly ironic.

From your response I assume that you misunderstood what I said, so let's recap. The point I was making is that those actors MAY be the only 1-hit wonders you could say are more known than Eminem, BUT that's not what they are famous for so that's not really making your point. Whatever that stuff you said has to do with this is beyond me.

@vaeternus said:

Because if you're trying to say that Eminem is bigger or more known then Willis I'm just going to laugh and stop this discussion right now...

Not only is that not what I said, I JUST told you that AND I and clarified it.

@vaeternus said:

And you're doing the exact same thing assuming Eminem is more intimidating then Reeve is. I'm just saying by logical assumption, I would rather fight or mingle with someone on Eminem's stature vs. Reeves...yet it takes real big man to mock someone who can't move after an accident...that's not me hating, it's a legit reason for having an issue. I've known disabled people, it's a weak shot that was unnecessary. So no I'm not making ridiculous claims, factual ones. The difference is I have an issue with it, you don't care who he mocks or raps about as long as "it's cool"

Actually you're putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say that Eminem was more intimidating than Christopher Reeves nor did I even hint or suggest that. Christopher Reeves doesn't come off as someone who will physically harm someone for making jokes about him so the idea that Eminem would have some sort of hang up about making those jokes if Reeves is in his prime is exactly what I said it is...illogical and ridiculous. As far as what you're saying about Eminem making fun of someone disabled, that's a personal issue..if you don't respect Eminem for clowning Reeves while he's in a wheelchair, that's your personal line of decency but he's not making that joke because he's a coward and wouldn't make it about that person under difference circumstances, he's making it because it's controversial and that's always been Eminem's style. To think it's some act of cowardice is similar thinking to people who assume a man who hits a female is a coward with complete disregard for why he hit her in the first place or they idea that he wouldn't have a problem hitting a man the same way.

@vance_astro:

Thanks for answering my last question, that's all I needed to know ;)

I didn't answer your last question because it has no actual correlation to any point that I made nor is it an accurate comparison for what you were trying to say.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro Your profile is that chick from the shiar empire isn't it? WHat was her name?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 vance_astro  Moderator
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally someone has the energy to argue with @vaeternus. He's so biased against rap yet it's based off of stereotypes & ignorance

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Vaeternus

lol, oh yes JNR because those who dislike or dont listen to rap =haters and are ignorant...lol now that's an ignorant philosophy. BTW, looks like i was right, mr.dept said he's listened but doesn't like either of them. Try not to crucify him now as youve done me for not agreeing with your precious rap music...

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never would have guessed that this thread would be as active as it is.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loading Video...

Such a tragedy...

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Vaeternus

@jnr6lil: I can say the same about your opinion with false assumptions and stereotyping. Example, I don't listen or like Eminem NOW but that doesn't mean I HAVEN'T so "I must be ignorant" really? Think outside the box please...

It's a free forum, everyone has a right to their opinion. Deal with it.

Yes, because I'm so sure Eminem has been the only artist to go platinum...really? lol As I said, for a rapper that's a fine feat, still nothing compared to other legends in the industry such as Elvis or the Beatles.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are even arguing with this clown? Anyone who em a gangsta rapper lives in a glass house.