why is the term 'feminazi' acceptable, or is it in fact NOT?

• 54 results
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SC  Moderator
@RazzaTazz: Interesting and amusing points raised about how words are manipulated and altered inorganically by various groups for various reasons. It might be fun to take other groups, causes, etc that one likes, and try to create offensive labels for them. Let me see, I like comic books, and charities, I am a Commicunist, and Pro People Self Destruction Terrorist.  

If only people were more prone to the opposite (as in not name calling)
Metro_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Metro_Man
@SC: Some people never grow up. They never get out of that school yard name calling phase. I am above that sort of thing. I am just saying I like that I know who these people are, and can avoid them. That is a good thing if you ask me. If people were forced into being nice all the time, we would not know if they were actually nice people. I would rather know the monsters. Everything people say, or people do is a choice. I choose to ignore, ignoant people. They have the right to belive or say whatever they want, and I have the will power to set myself apart from it. I ask myself, how does this effect me?  And if I pull my ego out of the answer. The answer is always the same. It does not effect me, in any way shape or form, unless I allow it too. Which I will not, because I don't have to.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#53  Edited By RazzaTazz
@Metro_Man:
Hmm, I can understand your viewpoint, but isnt there more to being right than just not letting a problem get to you?  I think the point of this whole thread was whether we should use the term at all.  Its like Gandhi said "We must be the change we wish to see in this world."  If you truly feel that the term is hurtful or incorrect then you should tell people that you think that way.  Its equivalent to saying you don't stand for bullying, and you accomplish this by not bullying people or being bullied.  It doesnt really make the problem go away.   
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By longbowhunter

Who the hell cares? Is Feminazi even a real word? I honestly cant see a real person being offended by that.
Metro_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Metro_Man
@RazzaTazz said:
"@Metro_Man: Hmm, I can understand your viewpoint, but isnt there more to being right than just not letting a problem get to you?  I think the point of this whole thread was whether we should use the term at all.  Its like Gandhi said "We must be teh change we wish to see in this world."  If you truly feel that the term is hurtful or incorrect then you should tell people that you think that way.  Its equivalent to saying you don't stand for bullying, and you accomplish this by not bullying people or being bullied.  It doesnt really make the problem go away.    "

I tend to think that people learn better when shown the way, than told, or forced. I don't like the term, and I wont use it. I will lead by example. If enough people lead by example, instead of trying to impose their ideals on others, I feel the world would take a turn for the better. No one likes to be told what to do, or that what they do is wrong, however we do learn from one another, as long as we are open to learning. People who are closed, and are not ready to learn, are not ready for change... Thus asking them took look at it from your view, is a lost cause. I find that people will come to you in time when they are ready. When they want to learn. I am not against people who look at the world with different eyes than myself, I just pick and choose whom I feel I can learn from. I will admit that the amount I feel I can learn from someone does dictate how interested in a person, I tend to be.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By warlock360
@RazzaTazz said:
"  Its like Gandhi said "We must be teh change we wish to see in this world."
Gandhi said that? :D
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By soundbite
@RazzaTazz said:
"I think what the right wing/conservative stance does very well is that it finds poignant catchphrases to describe progressive viewpoints and in doing so mocking them.  Words like commies, pinko, feminazi, bleeding heart liberal, and tree hugger.   

I think that politics in the world is becoming so polarized that we don't know why its so important to have democracy anymore. " 

I think your first sentence is an example of the the political polarization you are talking about.  The left side is just as good as labeling and dolling out names.  It's hasn't been mastered by the right.