• 69 results
#1 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure I understand that it takes advantage of a lot of nerd jokes but I don't see why it is considered garbage.Some characters like penny seem very out of place in the show but I think that is the reason she is written in the show really. Yes I can also see that the main cast seem like stereotypical wimpish stereotypes,socially awkward nerds but I find this aspect to be one of the better parts of the show. The main thing bringing me back constantly is Sheldon,who I find to be one of the most entertaining characters on modern television. I just don't understand why the Big Bang Theory has such negativity behind it.

#2 Posted by cameron83 (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps not everyone likes the same things. Perhaps some people don't like the show for those very same aspects.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Its because people can't just not like something anymore, everyone loves to be dramatic so a show can't be mediocre its either gotta be the best thing ever or worst. My opinion is, its ok for a sitcom. Not great, not awful its just ok. All these people who feel personally insulted by it are just huge babies that don't know how to use the channel change buttons on the remote apparently.

#4 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say it is hated. Some people just really dont like it. I like the show. Is it the best ever? No, but i find it entertaining. I like the laugh tracks, it brings me back to an older time for sitcoms.

I do like BBC's IT Crowd much more, though.

@joshmightbe: Very true. People take the stereotypes too seriously...likes it's a race issue or something.

#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen a single episode. Cant' see myself watching one anytime soon.

Don't care for sitcoms in general.

#6 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Edited by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Its because people can't just not like something anymore, everyone loves to be dramatic so a show can't be mediocre its either gotta be the best thing ever or worst. My opinion is, its ok for a sitcom. Not great, not awful its just ok. All these people who feel personally insulted by it are just huge babies that don't know how to use the channel change buttons on the remote apparently.

I tried to watch it like 10 times, trying to see if I just watched a bad episode the last time. All my friends think its great so I would like to watch what they're watching so we can talk about it. I really do think its awful. Im not insulted by it all, I just think its unfunny and predictable. I'm not one of those people who watch it weekly and still complains how bad it is though.

#8 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724: Not saying people have to like it but some people act like the show runners killed their mom or something.

#9 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show its actually funny at times. Other than the fact they're DC fanboys I'm good with the show.

#10 Edited by AlcubensLibrae (21 posts) - - Show Bio

insecurity. haters probably go like: i like comics too, i like dnd too, i know a few things about quantum mechanics too BUT i am NOTHING like those losers in the show. i can talk to girls, i actually nailed many females, i am not a weak ass, i am kick ass. kind of thinking?

#11 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

The show has been on for awhile. It's a good show many people like.

The big bang theory is a myth. ;)

#12 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (83782 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess some people expect it to represent what their own views are of comic book geeks and such.

I happen to think it's pretty good.

#14 Posted by Dean_Yew (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's not funny.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

My only real problem with the show is that they keep saying Superman's flight is based on jumping.

#16 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dean_yew: Comedy is the most opinionated form of entertainment.Simply saying that something is not funny is something that is extremely relative to the viewer.Personally I think that while the Simpsons is culturally relative, I have never laughed longer then a 1-2 second Ha while watching it.

#17 Posted by Dean_Yew (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: Of course comedy is subjective to the person viewing it I completely agree I personally prefer dark and offensive humour but the question you asked was "Why is the Big Bang Theory so hated?" I gave you my reason as too why I believe the Big Bang theory is so hated because it's simply not funny, not witty, not comical in any shape, way or form.

#18 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate

#19 Edited by Xwraith (18174 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a lot of people blame it for starting the "fake geek" situation.

I think there might be some connection between them, but I don't blame TBBT for starting it (but I do think it should not be used as a how-to guide).

#20 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dean_yew: I think that the hatred for it comes from other reasons rather then it simply not being funny to some people.People act like its genuinly harmful to the nerd culture, which I don't understand.I certainly don't associate myself to a nerd culture, and how is it anyway harmful to this so called community.

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Yea and any decent physicist could destroy that arguement with 3 words. "He can hover."

#24 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

This was pretty sad. Without faceless people to laugh at the crumby jokes there was literally zero appeal here. They all actually seemed bitter (which was funny in its own way).

#25 Posted by HumanRocket (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate

#26 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's "cool" to hate these days.

#27 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it but after watching the same season's on TBS(i miss out on the newer episodes bc of school) the mannerisms get annoying.

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're asking why the hate is so wide-spread, it really is a 'it's cool to hate' thing. The hate is over-exaggerated, though.

The show's got a few decent jokes here and there, but I just find it kinda.. repetitive, tbh. And up until the most recent season, Howard was a straight-up creep.

#29 Edited by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. My friends compare me to Sheldon.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they don't like it ?

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Your friends don't like you.

#32 Edited by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

Your friends don't like you.

Nah! They are just kidding. Cause I am always correcting them over random stuff.
You cannot judge whether my compatriots like me or not.

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I can judge everything and anything. This is the internet.

#34 Edited by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I can judge everything and anything. This is the internet.

No you can't. This is Comic Vine. Here, we are all like family (Even though we can be mean sometimes). So, no. And for the record, I'm not judging you.

#35 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

The show isn't great, but it can be funny. Some episodes are definetely better written than other, it largely depends on the writer.

But I quote... I can't find it, but he/she was right: people can't just not like somethign these days. They have to go online and rage about it, so that the whole world know that it is stupid so watch something they don't like.

My only real problem with the show is that they keep saying Superman's flight is based on jumping.

They don't keep saying it... they say it once in a very early episode. And it was one character's opinion. So, if that was your only problem, there, now it's all fixed :)

#36 Posted by Mortein (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

LoL I started to write a post about the actual big bang theory, and why some people dislike it, only half a way through have I realized you were asking about the show.

I myself am kind of a fan of a show, I'm watching it regularly since the first episode, but I must say I'm also deeply disappointed in it. It seems like it turned into just another sitcom, made to entertain mainstream audience, and a show like that can't be anything but mediocre.

It's a shame really, this show had so much potential.

#37 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Is thinking something is mediocre enough to warrant hatred for the show? Seems unnecessary to me. Not to say that the show is apposed from all criticisms, but why can't it just chalk up to "I don't like it" or "It's not my cup of tea" instead of people genuinly seeming upset that it exist.

#38 Posted by The Stegman (24384 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't find it funny. At all.

#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good but the joke get old rather fast

#40 Posted by Bruxae (13866 posts) - - Show Bio

People are jealous of Sheldon's sex appeal.

#41 Posted by WarBlade539 (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

People are jealous of Sheldon's sex appeal.

This. So this. :)

#42 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Largely because it's a very mean-spirited show a lot of the time.

#43 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Are you referring to the fact that Howard and Raj seem like stereotypes?

#44 Edited by Lvenger (19905 posts) - - Show Bio

I take it you're referring to the stereotypical tropes the show uses a lot? Maybe that's why my mum finds it funny. It must appeal to how she thinks my comic book hobby is like. Hell she even says I need to find some "Big Bang Theory" type of friends. That's definite support of the fake geek trend it's supposed to have started.

#45 Posted by War Killer (20206 posts) - - Show Bio

Never found it funny...

#46 Edited by wildvine (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they don't like it ?

*Slow clap* Best answer.

#47 Posted by redleader1 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it is offensive it has so many errors he'll they even had three huge superman errors in 1 scene also they make fun of aqua man even though they are comic fans and should know that he is awesome

#48 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it sucks.

#49 Posted by SoftMachineOo (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show its actually funny at times. Other than the fact they're DC fanboys I'm good with the show.

DC fanboys? other than sheldon wearing only dc shirts, i dont really see how they are "DC fanboys" .

#50 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

@softmachineoo: look around their apartment and the comic shop it's all DC books on the shelves. The shows written that way.