Why is it wrong to say White Power?

• 99 results
Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saren: yes it is as in most slavery the people could win/earn/buy their freedom and were more like servants. Chattel slavery was not only physically brutal but psychologically brutal to the point where it completely destroyed a once rich and fruitful land. Black people are still considered inferior. I'm not comparing slaveries. I just feel like you are undermining the true affects of chattel slavery and how damaging it was for black people all around the world. I'm honestly just tired of people saying the Irish were slaves too just as a way to shut black people up. there's Irish pride too.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: in response to post 48. When you say "us" who are you referring to? You speak of slavery as if you were there. Your experience with slavery is the same as anyone eles. None. I've heard Jews speak the same way about their enslavement to the Egyptians. Everybody thinks they suffered the worst

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: you are right I wasn't there and I didn't experience it. It's now over so everything I said was wrong. I could never experience the after effects of slavery and understand it. I don't know what it meant for my people. We are all treated equal. Racism, colorism and systematic racism is a lie that I made up because I'm a sunny feminist pc, sjw scumbag. I should go kill my self for being a lying dirtbag. I'm terrible please cops end my worthless black life.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think most blacks would bring up slavery if it didn't have a direct legacy. Slavery pretty much set the mode for white supremacy and systemic oppression in America, along with a racial wealth gap.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dngn4774 said:

Because the term "black power" is about taking pride in the fight to override years of discrimination, subjugation, and oppression. Saying "white power" is like rooting for the house to win in Vegas or in this case like marching in front of a school board to say "Brown was right!"

Yup.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@dngn4774 said:

Because the term "black power" is about taking pride in the fight to override years of discrimination, subjugation, and oppression. Saying "white power" is like rooting for the house to win in Vegas or in this case like marching in front of a school board to say "Brown was right!"

Yup.

/thread

Black power is a sense of empowerment in the face of oppression.

White power would be useless as whites already hold power (at least the ones in control of institutions)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Saren

@saren: yes it is as in most slavery the people could win/earn/buy their freedom and were more like servants. Chattel slavery was not only physically brutal but psychologically brutal to the point where it completely destroyed a once rich and fruitful land. Black people are still considered inferior. I'm not comparing slaveries. I just feel like you are undermining the true affects of chattel slavery and how damaging it was for black people all around the world. I'm honestly just tired of people saying the Irish were slaves too just as a way to shut black people up. there's Irish pride too.

This is a romanticized version of slavery that has not been anywhere near the truth for literally millenia. It's like when people say "No, slavery in Africa was different, because the African slavemasters treated their slaves like members of the household!". No, they didn't. They mostly just beat them and threatened to kill them for every day they didn't convert to Islam. The "indentured servitude" that you think was so incomparably better next to chattel slavery wiped out half a nation and left a legacy of violence so enduring that thousands of people in Ireland were being killed 400 years later in a period so bloodsoaked the British quaintly called it "the Troubles".

I have no doubt whatsoever that slavery was extremely damaging for black people in America and around the world. I would never doubt that. I think black people have historically never been given a fair shake by their government and that America cannot be true to itself unless it honors those chapters of its constitution that pertain to the rights black people are entitled to. At the same time, this binary view of oppression as a white/non-white thing has never sat well with me because it distorts history to the favor of non-white oppressors and discredits white victims of Irish, Slavic and Romani descent, among others. My family came to the States from India. When the Turkic Muslims invaded, enslaved and colonized India, they killed tens of millions of Indians in a period that several historians consider the bloodiest in all of human history. Not the Atlantic slave trade, not the Holocaust, not World War II. All three of those things put together would not match how many Indians died so the Mughals could build their dynasty and become the wealthiest kings on that side of the world for over 700 years. So when you say "nothing was worse than the Atlantic slave trade", I can think of a few things that were, and I don't think Indians should forget what happened to them just because their oppressors weren't white and didn't ship them across the Atlantic. The idea that are levels of human suffering that only certain races and people can understand or lay claim to erases the fact that people of other races have suffered just as much. Empathy is not some commodity to be hoarded. And at any rate, I doubt anyone today thinks the Irish are as oppressed or have more problems than black people do. That may have been true a long time ago, but not today.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because it's racist to be white.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because double-standard.

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BLUE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

What now???? :p

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I respect this. To be clear I should have said one of the worst. im not saying others haven't suffered as much. I'm more saying most of those issues are nationality and religious based issues. Not raced based. So they aren't comparable like the person I responded to first did when they brought up the Irish. The irish were oppressed for religious and nationality based issues. Where as Africans got oppressed because of their skin color. So it doesn't have anything to do with the topic. irish people can't say white power as way to rise above their issues. They can say Irish pride. Same with all the other examples. I know I went a little off based but that's what I was getting at. Black people can say black power and it would mean that because it isn't a nationality/religious/land issue its a race issue.

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Danikerhino

Based on the History that's associated with it all thanks to the KKK and Aryan Brotherhood, I find it disrespectful. With that being said, if a white person states they are proud of their(white) heritage, I wouldn't be offended at all. Who am I to criticize as other ethnicity do it to a certain degree. But, I appreciate that most white people are aware of the risks of even bringing up such a subject and I applaud them for avoided it altogether.

For the record I'm all about equality so I never address anyone by Whiteboy or Whitegirl like other folks.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@saren said:
@nipower888 said:

This is a romanticized version of slavery that has not been anywhere near the truth for literally millenia. It's like when people say "No, slavery in Africa was different, because the African slavemasters treated their slaves like members of the household!". No, they didn't. They mostly just beat them and threatened to kill them for every day they didn't convert to Islam. The "indentured servitude" that you think was so incomparably better next to chattel slavery wiped out half a nation and left a legacy of violence so enduring that thousands of people in Ireland were being killed 400 years later in a period so bloodsoaked the British quaintly called it "the Troubles".

I have no doubt whatsoever that slavery was extremely damaging for black people in America and around the world. I would never doubt that. I think black people have historically never been given a fair shake by their government and that America cannot be true to itself unless it honors those chapters of its constitution that pertain to the rights black people are entitled to. At the same time, this binary view of oppression as a white/non-white thing has never sat well with me because it distorts history to the favor of non-white oppressors and discredits white victims of Irish, Slavic and Romani descent, among others. My family came to the States from India. When the Turkic Muslims invaded, enslaved and colonized India, they killed tens of millions of Indians in a period that several historians consider the bloodiest in all of human history. Not the Atlantic slave trade, not the Holocaust, not World War II. All three of those things put together would not match how many Indians died so the Mughals could build their dynasty and become the wealthiest kings on that side of the world for over 700 years. So when you say "nothing was worse than the Atlantic slave trade", I can think of a few things that were, and I don't think Indians should forget what happened to them just because their oppressors weren't white and didn't ship them across the Atlantic. The idea that are levels of human suffering that only certain races and people can understand or lay claim to erases the fact that people of other races have suffered just as much. Empathy is not some commodity to be hoarded. And at any rate, I doubt anyone today thinks the Irish are as oppressed or have more problems than black people do. That may have been true a long time ago, but not today.

Agreed with most of this. Especially when people still think because Irish were discriminated in the 1920s, that means blacks no longer face problems.

but much of the world was white/non-white from the 1400s onward.

and slavery in Africa was better than slavery in America. Whether that was true for every single country in Africa is debatable, but there is some truth to that statement.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: you are right

I know

I wasn't there and I didn't experience it.

I know

It's now over so everything I said was wrong.

Very true

I could never experience the after effects of slavery and understand it.

You can only understand the after effects that you experience. But you'll NEVER understand what slavery was like.

I don't know what it meant for my people.

Agreed. You don't. Some things have to be experienced to understand.

We are all treated equal. Racism, colorism and systematic racism is a lie

Not true but still not slavery.

that I made up because I'm a sunny feminist pc, sjw scumbag.

Maybe. i don't know you that well.

I should go kill my self for being a lying dirtbag.

I would hope you wouldn't but if you must....

I'm terrible please cops end my worthless black life.

If you're looking for someone to end your life you are FAR, FAR more likely to be killed by someone of your own race then by a cop.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: you suck. You super suck for actually answering the sarcastic rant. I'm not even mad. This is hilarious. For your last point I'm only more likely to be killed by a member of my own race because I live in a majority black neighborhood.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

that's why

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: you suck. You super suck for actually answering the sarcastic rant. I'm not even mad. This is hilarious. For your last point I'm only more likely to be killed by a member of my own race because I live in a majority black neighborhood.

No. That is not the only reason

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: what's the reason then?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Police officers kill FAR FAR FAR less people in a year then your average civilian population. In 2014, cops killed about 1,020 people in THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. And some of those killings were justified. Only 300 were black. So cops killed more white people then blacks. But In the CITIES of Chicago, Detroit and New York, there were 1100 murders...just in those 3 cities. So you are more likely to be killed by someone of your own color then by a cop regardless of where you live

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: cops kill a higher percentage of black people than white people and I really don't know what all this has anything to do with my sarcastic rant.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: if you think nothing is worse than the slave trade then you've never heard of the Spanish Inquisition or the Holocaust. The Arab Slave Trade was hundreds of times worse and probably because you don't even know about it. If you think otherwise, you're clearly steered by pride.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: did you read my other comments whe I said I was wrong. If I didn't say I was wrong then I'll do so now. It is one of the worst things to happen in history. I won't take that back

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

Police officers kill FAR FAR FAR less people in a year then your average civilian population. In 2014, cops killed about 1,020 people in THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. And some of those killings were justified. Only 300 were black. So cops killed more white people then blacks. But In the CITIES of Chicago, Detroit and New York, there were 1100 murders...just in those 3 cities. So you are more likely to be killed by someone of your own color then by a cop regardless of where you live

That is still a huge disproportion if you go off of population. Roughly 7% of Americans are black males (if we count females the entire black community makes up around 1/8 of the population) yet 30% (3/10 by your statistic) of the murders committed by police involve mostly black males.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: when statistically looking at people as different like most do with blacks, no it isn't. Africans Americans have no real idea what happened to their ancestors in the past and blame the white man for no reason. Plus the media doesn't help, the government doesn't teach us.. Were raised to believe and learn half of actual history when the rest is held secret for a explored knowledge..

Do the polish ever point fingers at Germans? Irish at the English? Anyone else? Why is it only blacks and whites? If people thought of people as people and not different by race, this world would be a pretty decent place.

*didnt read the rest of you comments but I see now

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

Most people live in segregated neighborhoods so you're more likely to be murdered by someone of your own race.

Of course cops killed more white people, there's more white people in the U.S. than blacks. But how many whites actually have to being worried about being racially profiled. If they did they would be protesting for their communities. Many black communities have a legitimate fear of police, for justifiable reasons.

Black on black crime usually happens because of the drug trade/gang violence/underworld. Random black people aren't just going around killing random black people. So the chances of a cop killing an innocent black men are actually higher.

@iragexcudder: As an African-American that statement is just insulting.

Most African-Americans don't blame the white man.

And we've done enough research to know about the horrors of slavery. It's mostly whites who try to discredit it and make it seem as if it wasn't that bad.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: bite me. I'm sick and tired of you ignorant fools down playing slavery and the effects it had on black people. I know enough of what happened to black people in the past to be weary of white people. I know enough of what's happening now to be weary of white people. I'm not gonna break it down because I don't want to. I'm tired of it. Im tired of you people making us seem like the problem when the problem is white people.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pooty
@dngn4774 said:
@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

That is still a huge disproportion if you go off of population. Roughly 7% of Americans are black males (if we count females the entire black community makes up around 1/8 of the population) yet 30% (3/10 by your statistic) of the murders committed by police involve mostly black males.

the ratio is disproportionate. I'm not denying that. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the fact that a black person or a white person etc is more likely to be killed by a civilian of their own race then by a cop. People have this idea that cops kill without regard, when statistically speaking, a person in our own neighborhood is more likely to kill you.

@jnr6lil said:
@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

Most people live in segregated neighborhoods so you're more likely to be murdered by someone of your own race.

Black on black crime usually happens because of the drug trade/gang violence/underworld. Random black people aren't just going around killing random black people. So the chances of a cop killing an innocent black men are actually higher.

Can you provide proof of that statement? Cops killed 300 blacks last year. How many were innocent? IDK. Some of those people were committing crimes and deserved to die. If we are only talking about who kills more "innocent black men", do you have any stats that show that cops kill more innocent black men compared to blacks that kill innocent blacks?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: when statistically looking at people as different like most do with blacks, no it isn't. Africans Americans have no real idea what happened to their ancestors in the past and blame the white man for no reason. Plus the media doesn't help, the government doesn't teach us.. Were raised to believe and learn half of actual history when the rest is held secret for a explored knowledge..

Do the polish ever point fingers at Germans? Irish at the English? Anyone else? Why is it only blacks and whites? If people thought of people as people and not different by race, this world would be a pretty decent place.

*didnt read the rest of you comments but I see now

I agree with the bolded part. Someone on here kept saying "us" when referring to slavery. Umm, you were never a slave. You were never beaten. You never had your child ripped from your arms. We all hear stories and read the books. But the idea that they somehow experienced the REAL PAIN of slavery because they are the same race is..... stupid. My aunt, grandma and cousin had cancer. I have NO FUKING IDEA what it's like to deal with cancer. I see some of the effects of it...but have no idea how it really is.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I never said I knew what it was like. Can someone that understands what I was trying to say explain it please. Cancer is nothing like slavery as slavery and the mistreatment of blacks still affects me (while not as drastically) as black person even to this day. Your family members getting cancer doesn't affect you aside from your emotions.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80  Edited By dshipp17

@saren said:
@nipower888 said:

There are two counter issues here, one being overlooked: sure, this information is news to me, and Indians endured a lot, but African Americans suffer the stigma of negative stereotypes as the results of slavery, and it's still affecting African Americans in a very tangible way; Indians benefit from positive stereotypes; the Chinese have an awful history to, but benefit from positive stereotypes; neither race is still being affected in a tangle way because of those root issues; secondly, the Turks and Islam have done worse in the its total history to Christians; and Christians are still persecuted everywhere, mostly for being passive, leading them to being taken advantage of, because they literally believe that they should just turn the other cheek and not take commonsense measures to fight back against unprovoked persecution; although there might not be a single point in Christian history with such a mass slaughter, a cumulative count would show that Christians have been victimized more and continue to be victimized.

I think the poster is saying that African Americans are still actively stigmatized as a result of the Atlantic Slave Trade and the type of slavery imposed upon African Americans, while in the other cited examples, such is not the case. And this is causing African Americans to possibly facing an even more sinister future, because now, in the technological revolution, it may mean that the structure is being put in place where African Americans may literally be made a permanent underclass and lack access to the knowledge to interact in the civilized world.

And it's confirmed historical fact that the Battle of Stalingrad was the bloodiest battle in the history of warfare.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: We were nothing but property. They worked us to death, beat, starved, raped and castrated us. They told us we were dumb brutish inhumane animals. They made things out of our skin. Told us our hair skin and features were ugly. Made us hate ourselves. Nothing is worse than the Atlantic Slave trade.

@pooty: I never said I knew what it was like. Can someone that understands what I was trying to say explain it please. Cancer is nothing like slavery as slavery and the mistreatment of blacks still affects me (while not as drastically) as black person even to this day. Your family members getting cancer doesn't affect you aside from your emotions.

You make it sound as if YOU shared those experiences. You did not experience it. You did not go through it. You have NO IDEA what slavery was like on any level. You don't share an empathetic bond with your black ancestors. You may go through some racist stuff now and then, but nothing like slavery

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888:

Do the polish ever point fingers at Germans? Irish at the English? Anyone else? Why is it only blacks and whites?

Ukrainians and polish are pointing at russians. Polish because someone executed a bunch of their officers in Katin, ukrainians because they were taught to blame everything on russians just like germans were taught to blame everything on jews in Hitler's time. Probably it is the same with arabs and jews in Israel. That's for example of how warped education can affect people.
Of course this Nipower (Ni like nigga power?) looks pretty much egocentric guy. He thinks that his (and his group) problems are worst in the world... Well, perhaps he is just a child now. Years 13-17 old.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Nipower888

@pooty: i was talking about black people as a people what they since apparently I can't include myself in black peoples struggles. I do share a empathet bond with my ancestors. We all do. I do have an idea of what slavery was like. I never experienced it but I have an idea. Why do we celebrate independence day or all these other holidays of things that happened centuries ago.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I'm 21. I'm female. My name is Ni-Asia. Nipower is a combination of part of my first name and power. I'm not gonna lie I have childish tendancies. I'd say my ego is pretty big like the sized if the Milky Way big. If I said black people's problems are the worst in the world (Im pretty sure I didnt) I will correct my self and say they aren't.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@dngn4774 said:
@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

the ratio is disproportionate. I'm not denying that. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the fact that a black person or a white person etc is more likely to be killed by a civilian of their own race then by a cop. People have this idea that cops kill without regard, when statistically speaking, a person in our own neighborhood is more likely to kill you.

@jnr6lil said:
@pooty said:
@nipower888 said:

Can you provide proof of that statement? Cops killed 300 blacks last year. How many were innocent? IDK. Some of those people were committing crimes and deserved to die. If we are only talking about who kills more "innocent black men", do you have any stats that show that cops kill more innocent black men compared to blacks that kill innocent blacks?

Blacks don't kill innocent blacks. For drug dealers and gang members they're not going to risk jail time killing someone who isn't in that lifestyle. Most black on black crime is between criminals.

Some, that doesn't mean most.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: Ok, Prof X. You can feel the pain of your ancestors.

You bring up a point. Many of my ancestors fought in wars. They survived harsh conditions ,dismemberment and being hated. Guess what? I have NO IDEA what it's like to be a soldier in active war. Nor would i disrespect them by pretending I do.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Rubear

@nipower888: Oh, sorry. It seems that my deductive method needs some improvment)
Ni-Asia... Interesting name. Never heard it before.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@nipower888: Ok, Prof X. You can feel the pain of your ancestors.

You bring up a point. Many of my ancestors fought in wars. They survived harsh conditions ,dismemberment and being hated. Guess what? I have NO IDEA what it's like to be a soldier in active war. Nor would i disrespect them by pretending I do.

I get his point. He's not saying he personally experienced slavery but rather he can empathize with them, being that what they went through affects him to this day.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: not the same thing. I simply understand that my ancestors went through a very horrific experience. Understanding that a group of people went through an experience that impacts your life doesn't mean I know what it's like to be a slave

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: @nipower888: how did you take that wrong? If you weren't a racist yourself you'd see where I'm coming from and not be childish and say "you ignorant fools" you discriminating f*ck. I'm not saying a lick of anything insulting, you're just soft, and don't look at people as people you look at them different. How am I ignorant? I said that blacks whites all of us aren't different yet you're here claiming down insecurity that "black power" clearly takes into effect.

So africans are historically the only people to be slaves? Only by white men? Right? Is that right? throughout the history of the whole entire world, there hasn't been ANY other race taken into slavery by other people? Even colored folk? Africans never traded their own people as slaves? That never happened? Arabs also, they've traded more slaves than us ignorant white people! Especially when it was hundreds of years in the past, even thought it's history and I do attain to it, even if you're just going to call me a racist because I speaking my opinion and I'm white! All people have had a rough time in the world regardless of their race and have been overrun raped slaved and killed and even my "heritage" I don't look down on anyone or anybody's race because we're not different. There's no inferiority. Superiority? Media. School. Segregation. Keeps us intertwined in what makes humans atrocious.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nipower888: i know what it's like to be a slave just as much as you do.

@jnr6lil: I empathize with slaves. I empathize with holocaust victims. I empathize with blind people. We have a slight idea. But saying i understand what they go through....i have no right to say that

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Never said you were a racist.

Never said blacks were the only ones to be enslaved.

Just had to call you out on saying a comment about African-Americans that seemed rather stereotypical.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: how am I a racist? Black power is simply a despite the world and media thinking that black people are inferior they are still proud of themselves. I never said slavery was exclusive to black people. In the context of this thread everything not related to American race issues are irrelevant. After slavery you have Jim crow laws, segregation, lack of rights, microaggressions and tons of other things that show black people aren't equal to white people.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: It takes understanding to have empathy.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nipower888

@pooty: you are looking into what I said way to deep man. It's not that serious. I understand they went through a terrible experience not I understand what they went through. I don't know what they went through but I understand it was bad is all I'm saying

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh goodness...

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bruxae said:

Because it's racist to be white.

This sentence ^^^^^ is racist.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because "Black Power" is a fantasy, while White Power is hard reality.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers