Why is it not okay for women to sleep around?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

With all the threads that have been popping up lately about love and marriage and such, I've been wondering what you, the good people of Comic Vine, think about the double-standards of male and female promiscuity.

More specifically, I want to know why you think society says it's unacceptable for women to sleep around but totally okay for men to do so, even if both employ the right measures of protection and cheating isn't involved.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

But it is.

BB

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TazzMission

in my eyes as a man it isnt ok for a male or a female to sleep around. i say that because it really dosent help ones image or gender honestly

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I don't know what you mean. Herpes doesn't care what gender you are.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i forgot where but i think she-hulk brings this up as she apparently got a bad rep for doing so, including tony stark in the convo as the guy side / candidate. and calling it a double standard

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TazzMission

@soa said:

i forgot where but i think she-hulk brings this up as she apparently got a bad rep for doing so, including tony stark in the convo as the guy side / candidate. and calling it a double standard

to be fair women are sneakier ( and believe me i dated one so i know) when they do it though. us guys are stupid because we brag about it like its keeping track or whos trying to outdo the other

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care if a guy or girl sleeps around.

Hump like bunnys for all I care.

And yes the whole love and marriage trends are getting tiresome.....but entertaining at the same time.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@squares: It's actually pretty normal and healthy for a woman to explore her sexuality. I'm waaaaay more offended by snobby virgins. Part of it has to do with the morality of the acts and their intentions. Was she seeing anyone at the time? Did she do it for anything other than personal pleasure? It mainly has to do with the attitude of society that's been built upon the foundation of women's historical roles. Men sire, women serve, all that BS. If only Mary wasnt a virgin, maybe we wouldn't be so convinced it's a good thing. Slut shaming is still prevalent and still incredibly disgusting, but most men are more than happy that sexually-open women exist. I'd waaaay rather sleep with a girl who's a slut than a virgin (I've done it before, it's messy). More experience goes a looooong way. Ladies, please keep f***ing all you want.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Teehee. Not to be offensive, but I do find it amusing that we're supposed to trust you when you say "women are sneakier" because you've dated one before.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@erik said:

I don't know what you mean. Herpes doesn't care what gender you are.

Ha!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kgb725

Doubke standards

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@tazzmission: Teehee. Not to be offensive, but I do find it amusing that we're supposed to trust you when you say "women are sneakier" because you've dated one before.

opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

the chick in particular was a jerry springer type of scenario lets just keep it at that...............

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitrageist: Yo! TRUUUUTH son. Truth.

I noted as much in my post about the historical value of a virgin. Hell, it's a damn reward in a religion as old as civilization. 72 of 'em! (that's a whole lot of mess and inexperience if you ask me. Lol)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sex is sex. If you have a high sex drive, then go hunting. I don't see an issue with it.

Just don't brag to me about it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JakeN7

@tazzmission: Or noses, everyone has noses.

Jerry Springer? She wasn't your sister was she? Oh I get you, she was crazy right?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TazzMission

@mitrageist said:

Men are all secretly afraid of being compared to other men. Any that deny this truth is lying. It's genetic and inevitable.

No, but seriously, I don't know. Probably a purity thing. That's something that's been valued historically in women. And maybe pregnancy comes in somewhere.

at 29 years old and a virgin i can easily say i once never cheated. its just not in me as a person to be that kind of guy. i know jake likes to give me a hard time in fun and thats fine w/e but i have dated a lot and oddly as luck would have it they all cheated on me pretty much. thats why im like screw it ill just start looking for cougars

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik

@tazzmission: Is it cheating if you refuse to satisfy their needs?

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Deathstroker

Because then they have less time to make sandwiches for us.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JakeN7

@tazzmission: Hahaha! Cougars would go crazy for your skinny ass. But...if all the women you kept dating cheated on you, don't you think it was your fault? I mean, not that you were asking for it, but you're the only constant. Either you did something wrong, kept picking the wrong women, or maybe they needed sex.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24 JediXMan  Moderator
@erik said:

Absolutely. The woman has the freedom to leave the man, if she needs to. No need to pretend to be somebody she isn't - if she isn't happy, she should be up front about it. Be "woman enough" / "man enough" (whatever the case may be) to just leave an unsatisfying relationship.

PS: I didn't really read TM's post, so I don't know the context. I'm just replying to your post.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

are you asking that if you were in a relationship and a random woman just says hey do me right here and you say no im taken is cheating? if so than nope not cheating at all

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: No I think he's saying that the women you dated may have actively gone out looking for sexual satisfaction behind your back because you wouldn't give it to 'em. I don't know if that's the case or not, but I am wondering that myself.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

"She says she's only been with 4 or 5 dudes and you know you gotta multiply that times 3." (+)

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TazzMission

@jaken7 said:

@tazzmission: No I think he's saying that the women you dated may have actively gone out looking for sexual satisfaction behind your back because you wouldn't give it to 'em. I don't know if that's the case or not, but I am wondering that myself.

no. sadly all relationships ive been in ended up in love triangles. the one jerry springer chick i mentioned banged her step brother had a kid with him and his brother is married to the mother of the gf. that isnt the only f*cked up thing either. they both look like the dukes of hazard brothers and i aint kidding either

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@erik said:

Absolutely. The woman has the freedom to leave the man, if she needs to. No need to pretend to be somebody she isn't - if she isn't happy, she should be up front about it. Be "woman enough" / "man enough" (whatever the case may be) to just leave an unsatisfying relationship.

PS: I didn't really read TM's post, so I don't know the context. I'm just replying to your post.

I wasn't asking seriously. I was just using the question to point out what I think might be the reason he is consistently cheated on. He says he has dated a lot of women, he refuses them sex, and has been cheated on by all of them. Women don't usually cheat without a 'good' reason like being in an abusive relationship or not having emotional needs met. But I suppose a flat refusal of sex might do the trick.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: His mother-in-law is also his step-mom AND his sister-in-law!? That's f***ed up. If it was just step-brother and step-sister I'd kind of get that because they aren't genetically related and they may not have grown up together, but to add the rest on is disgusting.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TazzMission

@erik said:

@jedixman said:
@erik said:

I wasn't asking seriously. I was just using the question to point out what I think might be the reason he is consistently cheated on. He says he has dated a lot of women, he refuses them sex, and has been cheated on by all of them. Women don't usually cheat without a 'good' reason like being in an abusive relationship or not having emotional needs met. But I suppose a flat refusal of sex might do the trick.

this is where it hurts. the women always led me on and than say im not sexualy attracted to you. so wile they date me there out fucking other guys. and i was the idiot who would be the guy to help them out money wise and look what happens.

im like you know what i dont need that shit so i cut them out of my life with no hesitation. my attitude is if your not attracted to me why even date me? thats why i havent dated really because the thought of that happening again would just crush me as a human being really. i can be the nicest guy in the world and give a person the shirt off my back and id get screwed. the good guys can never catch a break sadly

thats why i hate this ideology about the whole looks only matter thing because ive dated some very good looking women and they turned out to be sluts and gold diggers.

thats why i have decided if i do decide to date again go for someone in there mid 30s or 40 because there more respectful to themselves. and mature than women who are 20-29

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@tazzmission: His mother-in-law is also his step-mom AND his sister-in-law!? That's f***ed up. If it was just step-brother and step-sister I'd kind of get that because they aren't genetically related and they may not have grown up together, but to add the rest on is disgusting.

Prude.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

i warned you it was some jerry springer stuff

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JakeN7
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's okay for q girl to sleep around, her body is hers and no one should tell her how to live her life. It's not impressive if a girl lands a ton of guys like it would be if a guy lands a ton of girls.

Girls can land a guy effortlessly, no effort needed. A guy actually has to put in work.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: You have money? I suddenly find you very hot. Want to meet up and compare bank account numbers?

I kid. I kid.

Really though it doesn't seem like you're just a nice guy. Maybe you're just easy to take advantage of is all.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JakeN7
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TazzMission

@superguy1591 said:

it's okay for q girl to sleep around, her body is hers and no one should tell her how to live her life. It's not impressive if a girl lands a ton of guys like it would be if a guy lands a ton of girls.

Girls can land a guy effortlessly, no effort needed. A guy actually has to put in work.

i think us men are doomed i really do. a woman can flash her chest to get out of a speeding ticket but if a guy does the same thing they wind up in cuffs.

maybe us men just have some sort of default or whatever because we always look at tits as some object we are amazed by : shrugs:

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TazzMission

@erik said:

Really though it doesn't seem like you're just a nice guy. Maybe you're just easy to take advantage of is all.

yea. my issue was i always let people walk over me. my attitude is a woman sees what she gets and if she dosent like what she sees hey fine good luck to her go date chris brown im sure thatll be fun with his history

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sex is sex. If you have a high sex drive, then go hunting. I don't see an issue with it.

Is this aimed at Wolverine08?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure, the more men girls sleep, the greater chance one of them would be me....

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@monsterstomp said:

Naw. It was aimed at my friends in real life. The ones who'd call me at midnight "Yo man, I just had sex again. That's like my 24th one bro and you haven't had it once!" *hangs up*

You can see how that makes me want to start killing.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@monsterstomp said:

Naw. It was aimed at my friends in real life. The ones who'd call me at midnight "Yo man, I just had sex again. That's like my 24th one bro and you haven't had it once!" *hangs up*

You can see how that makes me want to start killing.

just buy that friend a fleshlight. hed put that to good use.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@squares:

This may...no, this will sound offensive. Which will you prepare or accept:

• My father is a player.
  • My mother is a slut.

Again, sorry for being offensive.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xaos

The thing about this double standard is an old remnant of the patriarcal thinking.

At times, in Europa, it was important for the patriarch of a Roman gentes to rules his family with an Iron fist, to better keep a facade of strenght and honor, especially in higher ladder of society. The woman of their family were also a mean to make alliance among different ruling family and make sure that they can keep a relative equality in power.

The Roman have spread this kind of attitude in all europe by conquering Europa, especially Gaul where Celtic virtues doesn't cared about prudes woman. The Roman virtues have survives through christianity, and through christianity survive through the age untill now.

Today, with the relative gender equality, disease and birth contronl, there's no rationnal reason for woman to not sleeping around, except that you don't blow away moral and social behaviour that survive for millenia like that.

Maybe you will find surprising that many women support the "shaming the promiscuity", for some reason, probably to please some moral institution and to streghten their social position by doing so. They may not be really thinking consciously about that, but the explanation still stand. Another fact is that sex is overexposed today, but art the same time it's still kinda taboo: it's not the thing you will discuss in a family dinner, or even anyone without creating some awkward reaction, so these behaviour of double standar are likely to endure at least a few décades, and more probably a few century.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I guess one could argue that it's a lot easier for women to shack up with dudes.

Personally, I have just as much respect for guys who sleep around as I do the lades that do it. (Very little)

Well, I hate people who brag and crave attention, personally and a lot of people who "sleep around" tend to be that sort of person, but that's my experience.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By aquaman01

First, no one should judge if someone sleeps around with other people, male or female. It is their own body, they can do whatever they want. Actually, I hear less and people talking about whether women doing it is wrong and more how people who are waiting until marriage are idiots...which makes them as bad as people who call women sluts. lol

I mean, I don't believe in that, but as long as they don't try to sleep with me, why should I judge or care what they do? On the other hand, if someone gets pregnant or an STD from it, I either won't care, so don't bring on your troubles on me unless you are really close to me.

Of course, you try to brag about sex (which my college loves to do because college) I will put you down with offensive words male or female lol I don't mean it of course, but it just gets...VERY...annoying.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Double standards, archaic religious beliefs, stupidity.

my stance: do what you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone. (physically or emotionally...ie spreading diseases or cheating)

Avatar image for pinhead_cenobite
Pinhead_Cenobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Men and Women get jealous when the love of there lifecheats and sleeps around on them. How would you feel if the love of your life slep around behind your back? It would hurt you.