Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Honestly, this is what my High-School was like:

• The smartest people in the highest sets were the popular ones (sets are 1-4, 1 being best and 4 being lowest)
  • Being in a low-set and getting bad grades was bad, people called you dumbass, retard, etc
  • Nerds weren't smart, they were in the lowest sets and dumb (obviously I was an exception). The ones into comics weren't that smart really
  • Bullying isn't much of a problem
  • No-one takes lunch money off other people
  • Basically the dumb people were picked on

But I have moved around alot.

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm sure all high schools have their differences and similarities. One thing for sure is that apparently people who write scripts for Hollywood have never been to High School...or middle school, or elementary school for that matter.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Which of those groups were never taught how to hyphenate? ZING!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
My high school definitely fit the stereotype. ...except for the lunch money thing..that stoppped in grade 5
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ms__omega

@comicdude23 said:

• The smartest people in the highest sets were the popular ones (sets are 1-4, 1 being best and 4 being lowest)
  • Being in a low-set and getting bad grades was bad, people called you dumbass, retard, etc
  • Nerds weren't smart, they were in the lowest sets and dumb (obviously I was an exception). The ones into comics weren't that smart really

I beg to differ the smartest people in the school were the nerds (I was one of the smartest people in my class) we were picked on all the time by the "dumb" people aka jocks and cheerleaders. My group of friends aka "nerds* were beat up on daily. But that turned out ok because half the jocks and cheerleaders ended up in jail or worse.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Earth stereotyped by other the views of other worlds including its own people?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoungJustice

@Ms. Omega said:

@comicdude23 said:

I beg to differ the smartest people in the school were the nerds (I was one of the smartest people in my class) we were picked on all the time by the "dumb" people aka jocks and cheerleaders. My group of friends aka "nerds* were beat up on daily. But that turned out ok because half the jocks and cheerleaders ended up in jail or worse.

Lets see where Jim and Kimberly are today.

Well, when Jim was caught using steroids on the football team, he was booted, in a fit of rage, he struck his mother and littke brother.

Jim is now in jail with a 6,000 dollar bail.

Kimberly was lost after she left high school.

Kimberly is now a stripper, using her agelessness to steal the show.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By jobiwankenobi

What? Dumb people make fun of the smart people, and the smart people ignore them because they are dumb.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

@YoungJustice said:

@Ms. Omega said:

@comicdude23 said:

Lets see where Jim and Kimberly are today.

Well, when Jim was caught using steroids on the football team, he was booted, in a fit of rage, he struck his mother and littke brother.

Jim is now in jail with a 6,000 dollar bail.

Kimberly was lost after she left high school.

Kimberly is now a stripper, using her agelessness to steal the show.

Yup that's pretty much what happened to most of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

For me the "cool" people seemed to be anyone who played football (soccer) and was a dick. Most of the people I knew to be cool were openly racist and bullied people like me. Intelligence didn't seem to matter a part from those who had special needs. They had the s*** ripped out of them.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightRise

@comicdude23: I graduated in 2011 and it was pretty similar. I hung out with the more popular kids, but had friends in every circle. We (the more popular kids) all were in advanced classes, got good grades, were out going in the community, and also drank and did drugs. (like Power Rangers, but with bowls instead of blasters). Being "nerdy", either genuinely or ironically was cool. Doing poorly was not cool, but no one openly insulted each other. And there was absolutely no physical abuse. There were no "cliques" the way has been portraying Highschools since the 60s. The movie 21 Jump Street was pretty accurate.

Cajun_Roux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cajun_Roux

@Kal'smahboi said:

Which of those groups were never taught how to hyphenate? ZING!

Ha.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HBKTimHBK

My high school isn't stereotyped too badly. Honestly, it's just different groups of people with different interests, that's all.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By _Zombie_

My high school was full of stuck-up hypocrites that were more concerned with smoking weed and getting smashed than they were with doing their homework.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lykopis

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

I'm sure all high schools have their differences and similarities. One thing for sure is that apparently people who write scripts for Hollywood have never been to High School...or middle school, or elementary school for that matter.

My view mirrors this. Maybe it's an American thing, but that whole cheer-leader/jock thing didn't exist where I went for school. Or any other high school in my home town. Cheerleaders were considered try-hards and pollyannish but not in a mean way. Jocks were more than likely to be in the upper echelons academically and there weren't any "nerds" -- not in the way they are portrayed in movies/sitcoms, etc.

Bullying was real though -- very very real although not in the stereotypical slam-him/her-against-the-locker. It was more malicious in terms of reputation (the girls) and as for guys, more that they were not "man" enough to get any. I was protected mostly so my opinion isn't all that reliable but in regards to bullying --- cyber-bullying? Very, very real.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

For the same reasons everything else is.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By xxxddd

@PowerHerc said:

For the same reasons everything else is.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Home school is the worst form of high school and it fits all the stereotypes. I couldn't go two feet without tripping myself and spitting in my hair.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By sexy_merc

There were a lot of "cliques" then. I was on the basketball team all 4 years and was well known, but a lot of the stereotypes weren't present at my school. There was barely any bullying from what I remember, at least on a serious level (I could be wrong). Actually, there were a few "loners" - a couple who were just really quiet and awkward, and some other really nerdy ones playing Pokemon and doing all this other stuff - who were picked on verbally and made fun of by some of the more "popular" students.

From my perspective, the only stereotypes from shows/movies I've seen that applied to me somewhat was favourable treatment from select teachers. It's not that they gave me higher marks for no reason, or bumped any grades, but they seemed to treat me better than most of the other students. I also dated one of the head cheerleaders (and no, she wasn't sl~tty), so I guess that's somewhat of a stereotype. Lunch money, I don't think so ... I always thought that was some old school American thing back then, because I usually just saw "Yo, can I get a loonie. Come on bro etc." so hustling people, I guess, lol.

There were "cliques" you wouldn't see at parties, or the ones I went to anyway. I was kind to everyone and generally got along with everyone from different "cliques" but I established my circle of close friends pretty early on (some went to the same elementary school, and about 70% of them were either on the same basketball or rugby team as me). There was one Chinese guy, who fit the bill of a nerd pretty well. Always studied, and was talking about computers, university plans (sophomore year), and all that. He was more mature academically than most, but his social skills were really bad (I actually hooked him up with a girl he liked in return for something near the end of 3rd year).

But overall, the cliques, and especially the drama, were very real. Oh man, the drama was hilarious. My friends and I would always get a good laugh out of it, because some of the girls and guys there were just so dumb.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

A typical western country society is sterortypical... Nyahahaha!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ms. Omega said:

@comicdude23 said:

Yeah, that's the fake, made up T.V version of school. This may apply elsewhere, but I've met many people who went to a similar school to mine. It depends which school you went to really. I dated cheerleaders and they were dead smart and nice to everyone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the dumb kids were really bullied by the smarter ones and Batman was cool.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By PurpleCandy

To make people cynical and to make them loose faith in all their peers, or ofcourse for the opposite (make them want to be crazy;make them want to seperate from them)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@comicdude23: That is almost exactly like it was at my high school

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yeah. There were a few steryo-types IMO, douchebag ''jocks'' (people who played sports) but they were very smart usually. I only did one sport anyway.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@comicdude23 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yeah. There were a few steryo-types IMO, douchebag ''jocks'' (people who played sports) but they were very smart usually. I only did one sport anyway.

The only stereotype at my high school was the rugby players (since I'm from Scotland) they were all poshboy farmers or Ya Ya's as we called them
nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nishi99

My high school was full of stereotypes Emos Dumb Jocks and Nerds who love math and no life stoners. But that's high school for u.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Funrush
  • On that one to four scale, the popular ones were threes.
  • Bullying happens, but not that much
  • The only ones people really bully are the assholes who bully others first. It's almost as if the school justice system where I went was based off of bullying the bullies.
  • Nerds were rising in popularity. They still weren't higher than the jocks, but they were getting there.
  • The nerds were usually the smartest. The 3's and 4's teased us about it, but we didn't really care.
superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By superstay

@comicdude23:

The same reason all stereotypes start...........because "The Man is working with the Animal Kingdom

d-_-b