#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

I am I the only one who is wondering what's taking so long to prosecute this man? I mean he murder's this teenager in cold blood, what gives?

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

I am I the only one who is wondering what's taking so long to prosecute this man? I mean he murder's this teenager in cold blood, what gives?

From what I've just read, it seems there's some confusion about whether it was murder or in self defense. Maybe that's why it's taking a while.

#3 Edited by A Touch of Class (ATC) (572 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling the case has been discussed extensively in a prior topic. But I'll just say that I'm thankful that we have a system of justice like we do in the USA, because if it were up to public opinion this guy could possibly have been unfairly imprisoned due to the way the media fabricated aspects of the situation (like NBC editing Zimmerman's conversation with the cop to make it seem like he said 'he looks black' out of nowhere whereas the unedited version shows that Zimmerman was responding to the question of what the guy's ethnicity was). Then again, Zimmerman did follow Martin when he was advised not to and the whole situation could have been avoided. There are so many things to consider that I cannot say for certain whether the fault was mainly Zimmerman's or Martin's. I do think, however, that Zimmerman did not kill Martin out of 'racism' as some would want you to think.