why is being a virgin looked upon so poorly?

• 131 results
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Haven't any of you read X-Men?

"People hate and fear what they don't understand"

But everyone starts out a virgin. :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Except Bruce Campbell

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@innervenom123 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Everyone starts out a foetus too, and racists still hate black people.

Something to think about (nods)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@laflux said:

@the_stegman: Dunno whether its me, but I prefer women who are not virgins....

That's about the experience you'll attain rather than a mental stigma I assume.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Because you're in a sex soaked media ridden society full of standards that don't even make sense. Guys have a friend that bangs a girl just for the hell of it and he does this every night and he becomes a champion to his friends. A girl does it and she becomes a whore, a prostitute. Yet a girl doesn't have sex and she gets called uppity and needs to loosen up, yet you're a guy in your 20's and still a virgin, you're nothing but a loser. Someone doomed to be lonely forever. Weak. You see, society likes to dictate certain things and people blindly follow it like sheep without even realizing it. Yet once you see past the veil and unlock the puzzle of your mind, you see it really doesn't matter. You're just choosing to save yourself and based off of some religions that is what it says to do. So why let someone else dictate your life and your decisions, especially something like sex because things could wrong in many ways and you could wind up with an STD, just lying there crying or in an that awkward silence feeling sorry for yourself, or you could get her pregnant when neither of you are ready are ready for a kid and it isn't your decision to get an abortion and it isn't something you would really want to force. It comes down to society's rules. And while different standards have been set over the course of centuries, they always kind of revolve back around to the similar idea. But at the end of the day it is all a big bunch of opinions based of what a bigger portrayal says so and it's just a bunch of people mindlessly following it. So really it doesn't matter what they say. It's a decision with life altering possibilities, but it sure as hell is fun if you know how to do it right. If you want to save yourself for marriage, that is your decision. If you believe it to be sacred and you want to give it to someone who you vow to be with forever, it's all on you. Just like it is all on all of those other people that just have sex to have sex. It's fun and can be absolutely crazy sometimes. It is also a great stress reliever, and it is also a very basic programming with in our minds to procreate.

TL;DR: It just comes down to what you want to do with your life, they aren't in charge, but they are stupid and need to wake up.

This is brilliant.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@innervenom123 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Ooo [narrow eyes and rubs jaw]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Because everybody thinks that sex makes you more mature.

Personally I think that having no control of hormonal desires makes LESS mature.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

you care while you have it. when you lose, you go 1 of 2 roads: dont care anymore these things and you're not a dick to the next generations or you are a dick to the next generations. simple.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Maturity is over rated but I don't think someone should be looked down on for being a virgin.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

But as a foetus, you don't get to choose what race you are.

You do however eventually get to choose if and when you have sex.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I don't now what the fuss is all about, sex is overrated anyway.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coming from someone in high school, it's viewed as the "cool" thing nowadays. But it's not like anything is wrong with you, as long as you are doing what you think is right, screw them. It's not always about having as much sex, it's more about enjoying the decisions in your life. Sex is just the cherry on top, in my opinion. Never done it before.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By joshmightbe

Not if you're doing it right.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

short answer - it really isnt, and if anyone is doing so its outright childish.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@cyberninja said:

Most people don't do it right.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@god_spawn said:

Because you're in a sex soaked media ridden society full of standards that don't even make sense. Guys have a friend that bangs a girl just for the hell of it and he does this every night and he becomes a champion to his friends. A girl does it and she becomes a whore, a prostitute. Yet a girl doesn't have sex and she gets called uppity and needs to loosen up, yet you're a guy in your 20's and still a virgin, you're nothing but a loser. Someone doomed to be lonely forever. Weak. You see, society likes to dictate certain things and people blindly follow it like sheep without even realizing it. Yet once you see past the veil and unlock the puzzle of your mind, you see it really doesn't matter. You're just choosing to save yourself and based off of some religions that is what it says to do. So why let someone else dictate your life and your decisions, especially something like sex because things could wrong in many ways and you could wind up with an STD, just lying there crying or in an that awkward silence feeling sorry for yourself, or you could get her pregnant when neither of you are ready are ready for a kid and it isn't your decision to get an abortion and it isn't something you would really want to force. It comes down to society's rules. And while different standards have been set over the course of centuries, they always kind of revolve back around to the similar idea. But at the end of the day it is all a big bunch of opinions based of what a bigger portrayal says so and it's just a bunch of people mindlessly following it. So really it doesn't matter what they say. It's a decision with life altering possibilities, but it sure as hell is fun if you know how to do it right. If you want to save yourself for marriage, that is your decision. If you believe it to be sacred and you want to give it to someone who you vow to be with forever, it's all on you. Just like it is all on all of those other people that just have sex to have sex. It's fun and can be absolutely crazy sometimes. It is also a great stress reliever, and it is also a very basic programming with in our minds to procreate.

TL;DR: It just comes down to what you want to do with your life, they aren't in charge, but they are stupid and need to wake up.

This is brilliant.

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, or not being a virgin. The only thing that is wrong is if something outside of your own thoughts and wants and views influences your decision.

For what it's worth, I would not regard a guy who is a virgin as being a "loser" etc.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cyberninja

@joshmightbe said:

@cyberninja said:

Oh the things comic book fans say.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

@cyberninja said:

It's true! First you need to figure out exactly HOW many Hit Points the girl has, and subtract it to how many thrust points you have, then you have! It's easy man!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberninja said:

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

@cyberninja said:

It's true! First you need to figure out exactly HOW many Hit Points the girl has, and subtract it to how many thrust points you have, then you have! It's easy man!

Ok casanova, whatever you say.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By joshmightbe

@awesam: I was saying if you're having sex right then its one of the funnest things on Earth

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I was saying if you're having sex right then its one of the funnest things on Earth

You gotta' be pretty strange to do it wrong.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I have literally never done anything more fun, sure the effort to get it can be depressing and a serious chore but it's worth it as far as I'm concerned. I have done all kinds of crazy crap in my life up to and including hard drugs for a brief stint but nothing so far can compete.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Well, that's just preference. Also, you probably lived an uneventful life. Skydiving's more fun.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Who cares about what other people say about being a virgin?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I've never sky dived but my life has been plenty eventful, and its kind of douchey for you to just assume otherwise. Also jumping out of a perfectly good plane for fun seems pretty dumb to me.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I meant it as a joke, but I understand how you would take offense to it. Sorry. Also, you can't really judge it without trying it yourself.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I'm not saying that people who sky dive are dumb I'm saying the whole concept seems like a bad idea. I'm okay with doing risky things but it just seems crazy to do something where you know for a fact that the only option other than having fun is gory death.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#82  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@monsterstomp said:

@granitesoldier said:

I've only had sex with a few women, but all were "serious" (at the time) relationships that had a future.

This statement just contradicted itself by the way.

Not really, when you're young and you think it's going to last. And one I had plans to marry until I deployed and she slept around. A relationship can be serious even if it doesn't last. So no, I did not contradict myself.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

I made thechoice to wait until im married for sex but amongst my classmates and coworkers that are close to my age it is looked upon very negatively. Why is this?

I am in the exact same position currently. My friends seem like they literally cannot fathom why I would even want to wait, it gets pretty annoying.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Strongarm

Save your feelings for the one you love

Experiment with sex with strangers you don't love

more notes

do whatever you want with your p or your vagee

its just that nowadays values have changed

Avatar image for comicbookgeek247
ComicBookGeek247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel sad for virgins. It's like visiting the beach but not stepping in the ocean. It feels amazing!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@granitesoldier said:

I've only had sex with a few women, but all were "serious" (at the time) relationships that had a future.

Not really, when you're young and you think it's going to last. And one I had plans to marry until I deployed and she slept around. A relationship can be serious even if it doesn't last. So no, I did not contradict myself.

Woops. That reply was late at night lol. I thought the bold said "at the same time".

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By warlock360

Virtues have seemingly lost of interest as of latest century.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Quoting Bruce Lee
Quoting Bruce Lee

Andrew smith but it was funny

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88  Edited By kagato

@sog7dc: Mostly i think those of us who did it too early (that does include me) and with someone they didnt really care for, wish they could take it back and do it again with someone they actually liked. For me it was a personal regret and i dont judge anyone for having sex earlier or later than me, but i know there are some who are jealous that they will never have their first time again and will try to force others into the same situation because as we all know, misery loves company.

I doubt thats everyone's reason but honestly, stick to your guns, let the first time actually mean something and not just be some drunken fumble, youll feel much better about yourself in the end.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old fashioned virgin here btw. Biding time for the sureshot.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier said:

@monsterstomp said:

@granitesoldier said:

Woops. That reply was late at night lol. I thought the bold said "at the same time".

Haha! Isn't sleep deprivation fun? No I've never cheated on someone, I've been cheated on and it was one of the crappiest feelings I've ever experienced. I would never do that to someone else.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think that everyone should choose the point at which they desire to have sex without being judged, though this will always be impossible.

If one chooses to not commit to a sexual relationship until they're married I give props to them, they've got incredible willpower. This isn't me saying that everyone is a sex crazed fiend but everyone feels the urges due to the wild hormones we have in our bodies.

Though this also means that it shouldn't be looked down upon if someone decides to have sex rather early in their life. Nobody should be branded a whore or a slut because they enjoy sexual intercourse.

The problem arises for me when people begin having sex that isn't safe. The only reason being then you've got a lot of problems on your plate including possible unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, just a whole bunch of bad stuff. If one can practice the acts of sex in a safe environment, go for it, as long as the participants are their willingly and have given consent.

Also make sure your first time is special and not some drunken activity you participated in. It's a real shame when people don't have a good memory of their first time.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jezer

At its core, being a virgin is looked down upon for the same reason that a woman being slutty is looked down upon.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's because men wanna get laid that bad and the women who lost it felt a sudden sense of regret as they just realized their not getting it back. So they invite that term being a "Virgin" is bad. lol

But IMO women should wait tell marriage. Let the guy wait and work for it.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#95  Edited By Joygirl

Because sex rules. Saying you haven't had sex is like saying you've never had ice cream.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really isn't looked down upon. Maybe your just in an idiosyncratic situation.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@lykopis said:

@bumpyboo said:

@god_spawn said:

This is brilliant.

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, or not being a virgin. The only thing that is wrong is if something outside of your own thoughts and wants and views influences your decision.

For what it's worth, I would not regard a guy who is a virgin as being a "loser" etc.

All of the above really.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My closest friends are virgins. One is waiting for love (a committed relationship with a quality girl, not necessarily marriage) and the other just recently started talking to females. I don't look down on them at all. I respect them, if anything. But for me personally, if I were still a virgin at almost 21 I'd be livid with myself, for the sole reason that sex is friggin' wonderful.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jnr6Lil

And some people are Christians also.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

And some people are Christians also.

And Muslims. Lots of religions advocate for abstinence until marriage.