• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iOxImIT-wc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ftikqwrA8&feature=plcp&context=C31b4ef6UDOEgsToPDskJItU8HlKVwhsZbdTeMvKdQ

these young people would not of committed suicide had the bullying stopped.

when one commits suicide as a result of being bullied, that in my opinion, is another form of murder.

and we all know murderers don't deserve to live. stop the human rights crap and filling up our prisons and just hang them.

#2 Edited by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

and before some bleeding heart liberal scorns me for this idea. well the majority of us condemn rapists and child molesters because they ruin lives.

so why not bullies? to be honest, if I was getting harassed every day of my life and they didn't get caught, or nothing swift got done about it. I'd probably give myself an overdose of medication just to end the pain permanently as well. BEING BULLIED IS JUST AS BAD AS RAPE. as you'll clearly see on the news, or in the videos in the links I posted in my OP. anyone who disagrees is obviously a moron, or a low life thug/ex con themself.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aliensoldier105 said:

and before some bleeding heart liberal scorns me for this idea. well the majority of us condemn rapists and child molesters because they ruin lives.

so why not bullies? to be honest, if I was getting harassed every day of my life and they didn't get caught, or nothing swift got done about it. I'd probably give myself an overdose of medication just to end the pain permanently as well. BEING BULLIED IS JUST AS BAD AS RAPE. as you'll clearly see on the news, or in the videos in the links I posted in my OP. anyone who disagrees is obviously a moron, or a low life thug/ex con themself.

Don't agree with the bold, but everything else, f*cking brilliant. 
#4 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Don't agree with the bold, because of what? you do realize there are many forms of torture.

#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

The death penalty is not the answer. It doesn't change anything, people still murder people even in places that have the death penalty so it is not a deterrent in the least.

And really death penalty for bulling? Wow!

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aliensoldier105: Oh yes, certainly, and speaking as someone who has been bullied, for around a decade, by students and teachers alike, it's still not as bad as being raped.  

I honestly can't even imagine how horrible being raped must be. 
#7 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime`: if it is the direct result of an individual taking their own life, then I say why not. You could say well they should of stood up for themselves or gone to tell someone about it, but the fact of the matter is, it's not always that simple. and people who commit such a vile act prey on the weak.

just think of the money workers would save every year in getting rid of bad people.

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullying is not as bad as rape. And death penalty for bullying seems somewhat excessive to me.

#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahhhhh...no. I agree bullying should be stopped but just because there are a couple of D-bags in high school that call you fat, nerd, geek and knock your book out of your hand is no reason to kill them just because someone was too weak to handle it or seek help and they decide to off themselves instead which is stupid in the first place as well.

#10 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I can't imagine what it would be like to be locked away and chained up somewhere and repeatedly kicked and punched, or forced to eat my own excretions.

You obviously don't know much about terrorists or Saddam Hussein.

#11 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: name calling and fighting is one thing, but torture is another fable entirely, and sometimes bullies do commit acts of torture, guess you'd have to be a victim of it yourself to understand. I've taken the time to think "what if the shoe was on the other foot" and it happened to someone I knew. everyone else should do the same.

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aliensoldier105 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: I can't imagine what it would be like to be locked away and chained up somewhere and repeatedly kicked and punched, or forced to eat my own excretions.

You obviously don't know much about terrorists or Saddam Hussein.

Dude, that's not bullying. That's psychopathic torture. The two are entirely different. 
#13 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: i guess you think rape is the only form of torture then.

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105: Of course rape is not the only form of torture. I've been bullied in school a lot but still bullying is not as bad as rape.

#15 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: You're missing the point, I'm not saying ALL bullies should be killed. just the ones who have turned ones life upside down to the point where they don't have the willpower to carry on any longer. that is where the abuser crosses the line and it becomes psychological torment. You know it, we all know it.

I don't think anyone in my family wants to pay for some scumbag gangster wannabe thug to sit in a prison cell while my dad pays his hard earned taxes for his keep. people like that don't change it's a fact. once a scumbag, always a scumbag.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aliensoldier105: I think you meant to reply to someone else, I agree with you. 
#17 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: You were obviously strong enough to stand up to them, that's why. and they clearly didn't take it far enough for you to get dragged into long term depression otherwise you wouldn't be telling us about your life story. unfortunately some people aren't so lucky or big enough to fight them off, especially kids as young as 10, watch one of the videos I posted a link to.

#18 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105 said:

I appreciate the sentiment you're putting forth here, and I agree that bullying and cyber-bullying deserve to be actual crimes and not just slaps on the the wrist, but the idea that the death sentence should be doled out for it is frankly ridiculous. Suicide is not murder, regardless of the cause. And I live in Texas, the state with the highest rate of death sentences, and I can tell you that rapists and child molesters aren't put to death for their crimes unless they actually murder their victims on top of the rape.

As for the bolded part of your quoted text, get off your soap box and stop being so arrogant. You are not the moral compass for the country.

By the way, Jennifer Aniston is the hottest woman in Hollywood and you're obviously gay if you disagree.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MonkeyToe said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

I appreciate the sentiment you're putting forth here, and I agree that bullying and cyber-bullying deserve to be actual crimes and not just slaps on the the wrist, but the idea that the death sentence should be doled out for it is frankly ridiculous. Suicide is not murder, regardless of the cause. And I live in Texas, the state with the highest rate of death sentences, and I can tell you that rapists and child molesters aren't put to death for their crimes unless they actually murder their victims on top of the rape.

As for the bolded part of your quoted text, get off your soap box and stop being so arrogant. You are not the moral compass for the country.

By the way, Jennifer Aniston is the hottest woman in Hollywood and you're obviously gay if you disagree.

She's gotten hotter as she got older. Just sayin'
#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105: Look it's not that I disagree with you, bullying is something serious but not as serious as rape and definitely not death penalty worthy. I would like to see bullies being punished harder but that is too much IMO.

#21 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

If kids as young as 10 get bullied by an adult then fine give them the death penalty but most bullies that do target these 10 year old kids are most likely 2-4 yrs older at most and in that perspective I still think the death penalty is over the top even if the 10 yr old kid commits suicide, if anyone should be punished it's not the kid, the kid has room to change put him somewhere where he can learn what's right and wrong and give the death penalty to those who deserve it, the parents of the bully who either lead by example, gave their kid a reason to do what he does (beating a kid could make them want to lash out to others that they can lash out on) or ignored the fact that their kid is a bully and let it grow like the cancer it is.

#22 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe: First off, I don't live in the United States, so stfu. second of, you've just shown how soft your liberal nation is when dealing with such scum. You'd spare the life of a rapist as long as they didn't kill? GREAT! I can't wait til death sentences are eventually brought back in the UK and Canada, we'll have some real punishments and deterrents for criminals. while you Americans collapse under your own financial depression because you can't find effective ways to save money.

#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

Look it's not that I disagree with you, bullying is something serious but not as serious as rape and definitely not death penalty worthy. I would like to see bullies being punished harder but that is too much IMO.

I see what you're getting at, cutting their limbs off. Good call, CM.  

CM24's idea is awesome!  
=P
#24 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ComicMan24 said:

Look it's not that I disagree with you, bullying is something serious but not as serious as rape and definitely not death penalty worthy. I would like to see bullies being punished harder but that is too much IMO.

I see what you're getting at, cutting their limbs off. Good call, CM. CM24's idea is awesome! =P

That is actually too mild compared to what I had in mind. Don't think you are ready for it yet :p

#25 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105 said:

@MonkeyToe: First off, I don't live in the United States, so stfu. second of, you've just shown how soft your liberal nation is when dealing with such scum. You'd spare the life of a rapist as long as they didn't kill? GREAT! I can't wait til death sentences are eventually brought back in the UK and Canada, we'll have some real punishments and deterrents for criminals. while you Americans collapse under your own financial depression because you can't find effective ways to save money.

The problem is, the death sentence ISN'T an effective deterrent. If it were, the US wouldn't have as high a crime rate in violent crimes as we do. I don't care where you're from, you're not the moral compass for the world. The money for punishing and killing offenders would be better spent is increasing the security and the school systems of the world as well as providing the proper channels to deal with bullies and their victims. Thinking that the death penalty is a solution for everything is narrow minded and lacks any kind of compassion. You complain about bullying and then get on the forums and call people morons, idiots, and tell them to stfu. You're no better than the class of people you persecute. Maybe you have a guilty conscience.

#26 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: I didn't say capital punishment should apply to juvenile criminals. and I agree. but that's the thing, people should know right from wrong when they're adults. kids, elderly, disabled or even women get abused quite alot nowadays. how many times have you heard about child killers and wife beaters on the Steve Wilkos show? wife beaters don't get a pleasant welcoming in prisons in the country I live in.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MonkeyToe said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

The problem is, the death sentence ISN'T an effective deterrent. If it were, the US wouldn't have as high a crime rate in violent crimes as we do. I don't care where you're from, you're not the moral compass for the world. The money for punishing and killing offenders would be better spent is increasing the security and the school systems of the world as well as providing the proper channels to deal with bullies and their victims. Thinking that the death penalty is a solution for everything is narrow minded and lacks any kind of compassion. You complain about bullying and then get on the forums and call people morons, idiots, and tell them to stfu. You're no better than the class of people you persecute. Maybe you have a guilty conscience.

It sure as Hell deters the criminal from re-offending.   

Also, it takes no money to execute a criminal. You can do it with a kitchen knife. 
#28 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

So this went to hell quickly.

#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105: Be more respectful to the people you are addressing in the future.

#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

It sure as Hell deters the criminal from re-offending. Also, it takes no money to execute a criminal. You can do it with a kitchen knife.

And that is a cheap way indeed but from what I know executing a criminal is an extremely expensive and time consuming process these days.

#31 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe: Well if you don't believe in the death penalty, then how will the family members of victims, or the victims themselves get justice? it certainly wont come from giving the offender (assuming they avoid abuse from inmates) a luxury lifestyle, 3 meals a day, warm cells and TV. all at YOUR expense.

The skydaddy of the old book fairy tale isn't going to come down and punish people for bad deeds. this is the only life we have, that's why it is so precious.

#32 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It sure as Hell deters the criminal from re-offending. Also, it takes no money to execute a criminal. You can do it with a kitchen knife.

Not without it being considered cruel and unusual punishment you can't. Very few States these days condone anything for execution beyond lethal injection and the chemicals it takes do have a cost to them, not to mention the cost of keeping an inmate on death row for years while they go through the judicial process. The point is, the death sentence isn't a catch all solution. The morality of the world has to be fixed and just killing more and more people isn't going to accomplish that.

@CitizenBane said:

So this went to hell quickly.

This type of discussion always will.

#33 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe said:

@aliensoldier105 said:

or the wall

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MonkeyToe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Not without it being considered cruel and unusual punishment you can't. Very few States these days condone anything for execution beyond lethal injection and the chemicals it takes do have a cost to them, not to mention the cost of keeping an inmate on death row for years while they go through the judicial process. The point is, the death sentence isn't a catch all solution. The morality of the world has to be fixed and just killing more and more people isn't going to accomplish that.

That is a whole different issue though, and it's ridiculous. Killing paedophiles shouldn't be human, it should hurt. Quick, sure, but painless and expensive? No. That's just stupid.  

Also, and I'm not saying this is the way to go or anything, the morality of the world will be fixed if enough people are killed, because then there's no one left to argue with whomever killed them. The basis of Dictatorships. 
#35 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105 said:

@MonkeyToe: Well if you don't believe in the death penalty, then how will the family members of victims, or the victims themselves get justice? it certainly wont come from giving the offender (assuming they avoid abuse from inmates) a luxury lifestyle, 3 meals a day, warm cells and TV. all at YOUR expense.

The skydaddy of the old book fairy tale isn't going to come down and punish people for bad deeds. this is the only life we have, that's why it is so precious.

Justice does not equal revenge, and I would hardly call life in jail a 'luxury' lifestyle. I'm not saying that the system isn't broken and that something doesn't need to be done to fix it, but just killing more and more people isn't going to magically fix the issue. The world needs to become PROACTIVE and stop just being REACTIVE.

#36 Edited by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually do find it disturbing with regards to how America spends so much money on prisons. I get the feeling that many people "purposefully" commit crimes because of this very fact.

Also, "bullying" doesn't always end, in my opinion. Bullying can manifest itself in so many different forms. It can happen at school, work, etc. You would be surprised. Welcome to the jungle. LOL

#37 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe said:

Justice does not equal revenge

This, just this. All this talk about torturing and slaughtering convicts is needless and more than a little childish.

#38 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That is a whole different issue though, and it's ridiculous. Killing paedophiles shouldn't be human, it should hurt. Quick, sure, but painless and expensive? No. That's just stupid. Also, and I'm not saying this is the way to go or anything, the morality of the world will be fixed if enough people are killed, because then there's no one left to argue with whomever killed them. The basis of Dictatorships.

This is an extremely short sighted argument. Causing as much pain and suffering as you kill someone as they die 'because they deserve it' is no better than the criminal themselves. It's like when a rapist says, "that woman was just asking for me to rape her, did you see the clothes she was wearing?" If the justice system becomes just as corrupt as the criminals the execute, then whats the point of even having one? I'm not even sure what your second argument is meant to prove. Kill everyone off who disagrees with the people doling out the authority? Because historically that has worked out so well?

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame:

Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun and games.

#40 Posted by Edamame (27991 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun and games.

Oh, there are plenty, and not all of them are ... pleasant. Keep your eyes open and be mindful.

#41 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MonkeyToe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That is a whole different issue though, and it's ridiculous. Killing paedophiles shouldn't be human, it should hurt. Quick, sure, but painless and expensive? No. That's just stupid. Also, and I'm not saying this is the way to go or anything, the morality of the world will be fixed if enough people are killed, because then there's no one left to argue with whomever killed them. The basis of Dictatorships.

This is an extremely short sighted argument. Causing as much pain and suffering as you kill someone as they die 'because they deserve it' is no better than the criminal themselves. It's like when a rapist says, "that woman was just asking for me to rape her, did you see the clothes she was wearing?" If the justice system becomes just as corrupt as the criminals the execute, then whats the point of even having one? I'm not even sure what your second argument is meant to prove. Kill everyone off who disagrees with the people doling out the authority? Because historically that has worked out so well?

It's not short-sighted. And I didn't say "cause as much pain and suffering", DO NOT TWIST MY WORDS. I said that they should be killed as quickly as possible, and if it hurts, then good. Stabbing a rapist in the eye or running over their head with a car isn't hurting anyone. It's not darkening society. It's just a cheap and effective solution to a problem. There's no justice in sentencing a rapist to four years imprisonment. Hell, there's no justice in sending them away for forty years.  

The Justice System is already corrupt, it spares the Rich and favours the guilty. 
#42 Posted by aliensoldier105 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonkeyToe: You have a point, but how else would you suggest we go about stopping people from turning out to be disrespectful thugs who are involved in drug dealing, fraud, or WORSE. crimes against humanity, such as cold and calculated killing or torture of another human being, whether it be physical or mental. torture is still torture and it shouldn't be sugar coated. I've seen some shocking murder stories on Forensic Investigators and they ain't pretty.

that's all I'm saying.

#43 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

Death penalty is a pretty much only dealing with a self perpetuating problem in the very short term. Its not in a bubble either, so it has wider effects. Its pretty a feel good band aid. Actually fixing the problems before people bully or hurt others is something that gets easier and easier barring human willingness, effort, consideration and other pesky things like thinking. Usually you only get some of these things with people generally once you add an emotional or personal angle to things, and thusly objectivity, and efficiency is often lost in way of flawed emotional output.  

Most people doing bad things are usually victims in some other way anyway. Lots of sexual abuse victims untreated often go on to abuse others, same with children abused physically untreated. Many bullies are taught to be bullies by their parents or were bullied themselves. I mean, I guess we could just kill everyone. Its probably worth noting that most countries without death penalty tend to have better states as far as lower corruption for government/law enforcement, lower crime rates, homicides, levels of violent crime, and higher political rights and civil liberties, happiness indexes and all that random stuff. Should some people be killed because they are inflicting unforgivable amounts of pain on others? Sure, it could just be nice if people weren't so lazy as to address things before that got that bad. If people cared about each other more, volunteered more with youth, mentally ill, elderly, schools, there won't be any "bad" people to kill. 

#44 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

I actually do find it disturbing with regards to how America spends so much money on prisons. I get the feeling that many people "purposefully" commit crimes because of this very fact.

Also, "bullying" doesn't always end, in my opinion. Bullying can manifest itself in so many different forms. It can happen at school, work, etc. You would be surprised. Welcome to the jungle. LOL

This is a point I agree to. The system is definitely broken.

#45 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It's not short-sighted. And I didn't say "cause as much pain and suffering", DO NOT TWIST MY WORDS. I said that they should be killed as quickly as possible, and if it hurts, then good. Stabbing a rapist in the eye or running over their head with a car isn't hurting anyone. It's not darkening society. It's just a cheap and effective solution to a problem. There's no justice in sentencing a rapist to four years imprisonment. Hell, there's no justice in sending them away for forty years. The Justice System is already corrupt, it spares the Rich and favours the guilty.

You're argument is Hilarious with a capital H. "I didn't say cause as much pain and suffering", all your saying is "Stab them in the eye or run over their heads with a car." You can kill someone cheaply and quickly in other ways and the ways you're describing ARE IN FACT CAUSING AS MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING AS POSSIBLE. It highlights the problem with your argument. This is revenge and not justice.

#46 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Rape is worse than bullying.

@god_spawn said:

@Edamame:

Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun and games.

We got everything you want honey, we know the names

#47 Posted by MonkeyToe (386 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105 said:

@MonkeyToe: You have a point, but how else would you suggest we go about stopping people from turning out to be disrespectful thugs who are involved in drug dealing, fraud, or WORSE. crimes against humanity, such as cold and calculated killing or torture of another human being, whether it be physical or mental. torture is still torture and it shouldn't be sugar coated. I've seen some shocking murder stories on Forensic Investigators and they ain't pretty.

that's all I'm saying.

I don't disagree that there is a problem. But I think the money is better spent strengthening the foundations of society. Better schools, better care for everyone, better supporting organizations and things like that that can pull society back from the brink of a life that is becoming more and more cold and callous. Children live what they know. If they grow up around violence and abuse they are going to mirror this. Kids need to be taught empathy, they need to be taught the importance of order and community.

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

Rape is worse than bullying.

@god_spawn said:

@Edamame:

Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun and games.

We got everything you want honey, we know the names

THANK YOU. Apparently that flew right over Edamame;s head.

#49 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@aliensoldier105: Were/Are you being bullied?

#50 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MonkeyToe said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It's not short-sighted. And I didn't say "cause as much pain and suffering", DO NOT TWIST MY WORDS. I said that they should be killed as quickly as possible, and if it hurts, then good. Stabbing a rapist in the eye or running over their head with a car isn't hurting anyone. It's not darkening society. It's just a cheap and effective solution to a problem. There's no justice in sentencing a rapist to four years imprisonment. Hell, there's no justice in sending them away for forty years. The Justice System is already corrupt, it spares the Rich and favours the guilty.

You're argument is Hilarious with a capital H. "I didn't say cause as much pain and suffering", all your saying is "Stab them in the eye or run over their heads with a car." You can kill someone cheaply and quickly in other ways and the ways you're describing ARE IN FACT CAUSING AS MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING AS POSSIBLE. It highlights the problem with your argument. This is revenge and not justice.

No, that's not causing as much pain as possible. That's quick. How can you even think that's causing as much pain as possible? Breaking your arm would hurt more than that, those deaths are virtually instantaneous. And killing someone who rapes a kid is justice. Killing someone who kills someone else (unjustifiably) is justice. Justice is balance. Imprisonment is rarely, if ever, balanced.