• 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

This site is like 20 users talking to each other each using a bunch of alts. Why has comicvine been reduced to this?

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Because we're a close knit family? ^.^ I don't have any alts and I have no clue which belong to whom.

#3 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Your all my creations of my fractured mind

#4 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait I can do that math...20x 12=....Terminator Fans?

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

Online
#6 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

You know for a fact that these are alts? Because KnightRise totally isn't one of my alts... or is it?

#8 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! I'm literally comicvine. All of you are alts. You just don't know it yet. Dum Dum Duuuuummmmm!!!!

#9 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Because RPG people are too lazy to switch usernames to post on every different thread. It hardly has some huge impact on everything.

#10 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity said:

This site is like 20 users talking to each other each using a bunch of alts. Why has comicvine been reduced to this?

Better question when the hell did anime vs comics become okay on the battle boards? and when did said boards become a breeding ground for morons?

#11 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

This site is like 20 users talking to each other each using a bunch of alts. Why has comicvine been reduced to this?

Better question when the hell did anime vs comics become okay on the battle boards? and when did said boards become a breeding ground for morons?

CV is no longer associated with Animevice thus there's no longer the argument that those battles belong there.

The second thing you mentioned has always been an issue, it's nothing new.

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18071 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no alts I am aware of a few alts.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

Congrats. You just answered your own question.

#14 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

Congrats. You just answered your own question.

I did?

#15 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Ha! I'm literally comicvine. All of you are alts. You just don't know it yet. Dum Dum Duuuuummmmm!!!!

Unless your name is Icarusflies you are full of crap.

#16 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity said:

This site is like 20 users talking to each other each using a bunch of alts. Why has comicvine been reduced to this?

How very perceptive of you.

I'd say 10 to 15 users per each side of the hemispheres. But that is just the forum part of the site. The Wiki side should have many more users who log in. But as for unique visitor log in. I don't believe there are many.

#17 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

Congrats. You just answered your own question.

I did?

Quit talking to yourself

#18 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Plenty of pole-jocking.

#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

Congrats. You just answered your own question.

I did?

Quit talking to yourself

I can talk to me all I want.

#20 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@JohnnyGat said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Isn't the account you're using right now an alt?

I forget.

Congrats. You just answered your own question.

I did?

Quit talking to yourself

I can talk to me all I want.

They are Venom!

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one account here and will have only one forever. Too lazy to have numerous alts.

#22 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10267 posts) - - Show Bio

Because we are awesome.

#23 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

I only need one name as it will become Legend.

#24 Posted by Bushwhacker_ (576 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my new alt..

#25 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6301 posts) - - Show Bio

What are alts for?

#26 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

What are alts for?

RPGs, usually.

They are also used to change ones name, avoid bans, and to fool other users.

#27 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Because KnightRise totally isn't one of my alts... or is it?

You pose an interesting question

#28 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

that's not true at all

#29 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Or is it?

#30 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

*No alt*

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have any alts

#32 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

lmfao

#33 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when Vance pretended to be a new user and everyone who debated him called him an up and coming debater.

It was quite funny.

#34 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have one alt.......I'm weird.

#35 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has the time for 12 alts?

#36 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I was called an "alt" of one of the mods one time. lol. That mod came in and made a fool of him.

#37 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one alt that I don't use, I used it once or twice to make some threads that I didn't think were good ideas but wanted to do anyways...

#38 Posted by nickthedevil (12500 posts) - - Show Bio

No alts here

#39 Posted by superstay (9839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Living_Monstrosity:

LOL I don't have an alt account

dô¿õb

#40 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Who needs alts when you can hack some accounts and screw with their profiles instead? Right ? Nyahahahahaha!

#41 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Hudson said:

I remember when Vance pretended to be a new user and everyone who debated him called him an up and coming debater.

It was quite funny.

oh mylanta, that sounds hilarious

...wait, 95 posts? Yet you refer to Vine history? ALT! ALT! ALT!

#42 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15: "Plenty of pole-jocking."
 
Sounds like a euphemism.  But, being out of context, I must ask: what is 'pole-jocking'?
#43 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrgod: In short: Sucking up to an extreme.

#44 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

?
I'm sorry, I don't follow you.
Still sounds like a euphemism.

#45 Posted by Inverno (13230 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two alts.

Online
#46 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never had an alt and I've been here since very close to the beginning of the site

#47 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Dex Starr

#48 Posted by Sonata (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to have alts on here years ago, but I can't even access them anymore so this is my main one here.:P

#49 Posted by SC (13120 posts) - - Show Bio

@satyrgod said:

? I'm sorry, I don't follow you. Still sounds like a euphemism.

I believe he basically means people that are sycophantic. Are excessively complimentary to some types of people to gain their favor, favorable treatment, gain association with them, and so on. Sort of similar to people "kissing up" to the boss. Type of double standard. Hope that helps.

Moderator
#50 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Hudson said:

I remember when Vance pretended to be a new user and everyone who debated him called him an up and coming debater.

It was quite funny.

This was amazing.