Why Everyone Need Immortality To Be Nigh Omniponent? Or Omniponent?

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Why Everyone Need Immortality To Be Nigh Omniponent? Or Omniponent? (6 votes)

Because You Need Immortality 50%
Because Please Want To Be God 17%
Good Question 33%

just wanting to know theres a few nigh-omniponent and omniponent beings who arent on lists of people and its really annoying

no im not wanking,whinning,or fanboying just asking why?

• 
PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't...what?

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't...what?

there's people with nigh omnipotent levels and makes no sense if some died beyonder has his own omnipotent level and there's alot of people who deserve that title also

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good question

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand the question. Also, if you are omnipotent, you could just decide to be immortal as long as you want.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im hungry...

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#8  Edited By AssertingValor
nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: He was asking why would an immortal like Beyonder be considered omnipotent when there are characters whom are not immortal, who could or should be considered nigh or completely omnipotent. Why must that person be immortal to fit the bill?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: oh, I see. I didn't ge the question :)

So, for example who would be considered omnipotent among mortals?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@matteopg said:

@guardiandevil83: oh, I see. I didn't ge the question :)

So, for example who would be considered omnipotent among mortals?

I don't think mortals can be omnipotent.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

If you're omnipotent, it means you are all-powerful. None are capable of defeating you.

If you can be defeated, you are not omnipotent. If you were, you can simply choose not to lose.

There's no such thing as true immortality unless you're omnipotent. No matter how powerful you are, if you're not omnipotent, one who is immortal can simply take away your power.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well, technically speaking its kind of less problematic that an all powerful being isn't immortal, but nigh immortal, since the concept of being able to do anything one wants isn't really at odds at always being around to do anything one wants, unless on wants that in which case the omnipotent will not die because thats not what it wants. If it changes its mind however then it should be capable to prone to death.

On the other hand if an immortal can not die even if it wants to because it can not, then its not really immortal then is it, just maybe really really powerful relatively. Even if the omnipotent does not want to die, the hypothetical questions remain, as far as is it bound by its own inherent qualities or can it break them at its ow desire, will and so on.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I don't think one could be truly omnipotent without immortality or as stated above that individual could make themselves that way. My guess would be Doom or Maybe Lex. Either of these guys have the smarts to place their concious mind in another body upon death. That was the permise of Doom 2099

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: oh, by omnipotent I thought people meant that one has the power to do literally anything. In that sense, whoever is omnipotent can as a consequence become also immortal.

Bluff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@matteopg: Sorry I was on my phone and walking so I didn't phrase it correctly. That is exactly what omnipotent means. All Powerful. But knowledge is power and Lex and Doom have lots of it. They can make it so that they never die, or steal the power of others. Can you imagine Dooms psyche in Hyperions body? Or worse, Sentry. What if Lex had never left Flashes body during JLU? They would practically be nigh-omnipotent. At one point Doom had become the beyonder or atleast had his power.

Basically I was saying if a mortal could or would be chosen to be omnipotent, it would be one of these two.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MatteoPG

@guardiandevil83: ah. I actually thought that omnipotent means that one doesn't have to work to obtain stuff. Like the Beyonder. He just wants something and that thing happens, with more or less effort, but no additional action required. So we were actually talking about two different things.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually had an idea not too long ago about a guy who has a drug called clairvoyance that gives him almost every vision you can think of and gives him a very limited omnipotence. His name was Khan Mercedes.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Because without immortality omnipotence (being able to do anything) would be wasted when it's possessor died.

I'd guess anyone whom obtained/attained true omnipotence would make him/herself omnipotent right away anyway.