Why don't MRA's and feminists become equalists?

• 57 results
Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If they truly believe in equality why are they called men's rights activists and feminists. Why not equalists?

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cause they "claim wanting equality" they really just want their gender at the top. There will never be true equality because it's not in human nature. They are driven to put people down and take sides. Why do you think religion and politics were created?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because that's not what they really want.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

Boom truth bomb....blew your mind.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#6 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for human rights and gender equality, but every time I hear the word equalist, I throw up a little in my mouth *shudders*

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By consolemaster001

@bumpyboo: Is it because of Legend of Korra ?

:)

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because reasons.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JakeN7

@bumpyboo said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for human rights and gender equality, but every time I hear the word equalist, I throw up a little in my mouth *shudders*

Everyone is the same and should be treated as such, Bumpy. Don't you know that? There is no coke or pepsi, just soda.

No Caption Provided

Disclaimer to the concerned reader: Please don't be offended by obvious satire. :3

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bumpyboo: WHAT ? HOW DARE YOU !

(Don't worry neither have i :p)

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Because MRAs and Feminists are silly people

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@gymgoer205: Considering I mentioned being all for equality in the first part of my post, no, I guess not.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: every time i hear the word feminist, I do the same u_u

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Genuinely curious, why?

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gymgoer205

@bumpyboo: You said you're all for equality however the second part of your statement contradicts that. You see throwing up is usually a sign of disgust, people don't normally throw up a little in their mouth when they hear something they approve of. Maybe you do and thats okay but I hope you can understand why I assumed that equality disgusts you, as most people I know don't throw up when they hear something that they agree with.

Edit: The 1st part of your statement may not have been contradictory, it just seemed that way to me due to reasons stated above.

My apologies.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@gymgoer205: I am aware of the nature of vomit, yes. Thank you for elaborating.

@pyrogram: It's hard to explain. I guess in part because modern extremists, SJWs and misandrists have twisted the word "feminism" to mean something that it just does not mean. I have no problem with the word feminism, because when people describe equalism, they are describing what feminism was supposed to be about. There are plenty of men who self describe as feminists for example. It does not have to be the dirty word that people seem to insist it must be.

I guess I see it as pedantic. And it frustrates me that people get bogged down in the semantics of what to label something when they could use that energy actually focusing on the issues at hand. To some people, it seems that being able to apply the most appropriate and politically correct hashtag to an argument is more important than the argument itself.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: I see, hard to explain, but I got you.

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Then you understand the reason I assumed that equality disgusted you despite the fact that you say you're all for it? Splendid, and you're welcome. Have a nice evening.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Don't give it much thought.. They are idiots.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@gymgoer205: Oh sure, I see why I gave you that impression. Is all too easy to be unclear on the internet, right? :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 SC  Moderator

Well probably because every group of people will have extremists and people whose definition and application of ideas will veer off dramatically from good sense or reason, feminists, equalists, humanists, atheists, agnostics, people who support Civil Rights, Americans, Christians, comic fans, Muslims, scientists, so on, so at what point do we or should we abandon a group, label or movement and take upon a new name, group and movement to make it easier for people to discern from the good arguments and the poor arguments, the reasonable and unreasonable? Theoretically if every feminist and MRA member all stopped being that and started being Equalists in a few years that would become a dirty word and new groups will have formed with people eventually asking why do we have Equalists and Freedomists when we can just have Niceists, all people who value being nice instead of fighting all the time? Don't Equalists and Freedomists want people to be nice?

I mean its easy to just accuse any group or even individual of not wanting something, everyone in this thread myself included is an apple. Doesn't quite work. I am a big fan of science and in science there isn't modern science or different splinter groups, good science simply wins out over bad science, and you should never waste time arguing with people who are bad at science, only people who understand science. If scientists with new theories only challenged the weakest theories and hypothesis and avoided the strongest and best in trying to validate their own work… well nothing would actually get done.

So when you take feminism at its best, as in look for the best arguments and ideas it offers? Well yes it is about equality and when you ask why its that word and say not equalism? Well its mainly to do with the history and historical context of the word. So wouldn't really be anything wrong in being for feminism, mens rights or being an equalist either, what's more important is good and sincere dialogue and also understanding how labels work, people conform and deviate and other things about human nature, behavior and so on. Other thing about human behavior is most people are naturally lazy and unreasonable, so a lot of us are going to encounter people who find it much more convenient to form straw man arguments or focus on extremes and that generally hinders good and sincere dialogue. To critique and criticize an idea and a group is very important, it just helps to be good at it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cable_Extreme

MRA represent!!!

I actually am not part of the MRA, but I realize how unfavorable it is to be a male in society, it is just so hard to be successful as a white male...

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I identify as a humanist.

Problem solved :P

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@pyrogram: It's hard to explain. I guess in part because modern extremists, SJWs and misandrists have twisted the word "feminism" to mean something that it just does not mean. I have no problem with the word feminism, because when people describe equalism, they are describing what feminism was supposed to be about. There are plenty of men who self describe as feminists for example. It does not have to be the dirty word that people seem to insist it must be.

I guess I see it as pedantic. And it frustrates me that people get bogged down in the semantics of what to label something when they could use that energy actually focusing on the issues at hand. To some people, it seems that being able to apply the most appropriate and politically correct hashtag to an argument is more important than the argument itself.

So beautifully put.

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are bigot's.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's because it's impossible to separate ourselves from our gender and altruism is a myth. So then even feminism becomes women over men, and vice versa with MRA's. No one is completely selfless and in order for their to be true equality a lot of men would have to be really truly selfless. I just don't see either gender doing that, especially men.

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's because it's impossible to separate ourselves from our gender and altruism is a myth. So then even feminism becomes women over men, and vice versa with MRA's. No one is completely selfless and in order for their to be true equality a lot of men would have to be really truly selfless. I just don't see either gender doing that, especially men.

Selflessness is not a myth. I am selfless 60% of the time. The only thing that is impossible as far as I am concerned is being selfless 100% of the time. Selfless acts are easy, once you get used to them.

popoyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think they "claim wanting equality" they really just want their gender at the top. There will never be true equality because it's not in human nature. They are driven to put people down and take sides. Why do you think religion and politics were created?

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DARK_HAMMER

It comes down to ego. Humans don't want to be as selfish as we have become. Humans want to be good. It is the way the world has become that has altered our abilities to look within ourselves and see the good that it there. Ego is the rot in our hearts. Once we can learn to let go of our egos, we can learn to heal, and then we can learn to love.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both male and females face sexism in one way or another, the MRA and Modern Feminism go overboard with their one track minds.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever I meet someone who defines themselves as a feminist or whatever other kind of group, I like to ask them "don't you meant your a humanist?". I enjoy hearing they're response.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@dark_hammer said:

@jonnythewolf said:

Selflessness is not a myth. I am selfless 60% of the time. The only thing that is impossible as far as I am concerned is being selfless 100% of the time. Selfless acts are easy, once you get used to them.

Nope, @jonnythewolf is right, true selflessness is impossible.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both groups are knuckleheads, regardless.

Feminism has essentially been hijacked and is pushed by some as women supremacy, instead of Gender Equality (which is what it SHOULD be).
Most girls I know dislike feminists because people associate feminist's with the aforementioned idiots.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because both groups think that vast majority of privileges are on the other side.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DARK_HAMMER

@squares said:

@dark_hammer said:

@jonnythewolf said:

Lower your standards, and try anyway. I mean what is your definition of true selflessness... I am sure it is something stupid, and meaningless. Give me an example. And I will give you an example of what I mean by my being selfless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@squares said:

@dark_hammer said:

@jonnythewolf said:

Lower your standards, and try anyway. I mean what is your definition of true selflessness... I am sure it is something stupid, and meaningless. Give me an example. And I will give you an example of what I mean by my being selfless.

Okay, don't be so rude (and I'm the one saying this).

Altruism is, by definition, impossible. This is because it requires someone to act completely unselfishly- to do something for someone else without getting anything out of it, and that's absolutely impossible. People do things that are deemed 'selfless' because they get something out of it (whether because they want to be thanked, or because it makes them feel good, or whatever). There is literally no situation in which a person does something for someone else without getting something in return.

And who's to say that's a bad thing, anyways? Mutually beneficial interactions are the foundation of human society, after all.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* By definition, feminism is about gender equality but people have stigmatized the hell out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either you understand what a feminist is, or you don't.

Anyone who believes in anything other than gender equality is not a feminist. Equalist, humanist, call yourself whatever you want but if the reason for not considering yourself a feminist is SOLELY because of the idiots who run around wanting a matriarchal society or even worse, those who think the male gender are all brainless neanderthals then I guess, yes, I prefer you didn't call yourself a feminist. Like them, you don't know what feminism is.