• 68 results
#1 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean cmon they eat flesh all the time why dont they poop

where does it go

and while were on the topic what happens if they dont eat do they just turn to dust or die

what happens please answer me

#2 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

They rot the fat away

#3 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they don't "poop" because their insides don't work,they are dead.

And no they don't just turn into dust and die if they don't eat anything,they don't need to eat people to survive they just simply do consume it probably because it is one of their basic functions that is left whilst the rest of their brain is shut down.

#4 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

And no they don't just turn into dust and die if they don't eat anything,they don't need to eat people to survive they just simply do consume it.

That's consumism,sir.Zombies are consumists.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223990 posts) - - Show Bio

if they did poop... I would think their insides would completely fall out since they are dead.

#6 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

And no they don't just turn into dust and die if they don't eat anything,they don't need to eat people to survive they just simply do consume it.

That's consumism,sir.Zombies are consumists.

lol

#7 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (21731 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought they would explode after eating too much :P

#8 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

well if they don't need food to survive then why do they plus if there insides don't work they cant swallow their food because they need saliva just to swallow so something has to happen to that food

#9 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir said:

well if they don't need food to survive then why do they plus if there insides don't work they cant swallow their food because they need saliva just to swallow so something has to happen to that food

I think you are approaching this in a realistic way.And perhaps are expecting scientific type answers.But the truth is it is not real or even scientifically accurate.Its fiction.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20121 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is because only their brain is working to move their body parts to eat. I don't think they even digest what they eat either. They just...eat. Heck, their nervous system doesn't even function.

#11 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is because only their brain is working to move their body parts to eat. I don't think they even digest what they eat either. They just...eat. Heck, their nervous system doesn't even function.

Exactly

#12 Edited by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader people bring science into flashs running and how he things a gazillion ideas a pico second

they bring math into the heat of captains marvel lightning bolt

they bring math into the amount of money batman spends on his gadgets

why cant i put anatomy/biology into zombies

#13 Edited by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

if they don't digest it does it just stay there does this mean if to much goes in do they explode

#14 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir said:

@mrdecepticonleader people bring science into flashs running and how he things a gazillion ideas a pico second

they bring math into the heat of captains marvel lightning bolt

they bring math into the amount of money batman spends on his gadgets

why cant i put anatomy/biology into zombies

I am not saying you cant but you cant expect it to fit in reality either,because there are things about zombies that realistically speaking make no sense.But that doesn't matter its fiction.

I just think sometimes people need to take a step back and realize its fiction and not reality (not talking about you specifically) But when people start thinking up realistic ways how it is possible for Flash to run like that,I think they may have lost their bearings.

#15 Edited by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

so if a human needs to poop and it changes to one of them will they just never poop

#16 Edited by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir:

How do you know they dont poop?

#17 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

And no they don't just turn into dust and die if they don't eat anything,they don't need to eat people to survive they just simply do consume it probably because it is one of their basic functions that is left whilst the rest of their brain is shut down.

I think it depends on the lore, though. Walking Dead zombies, from what I've seen, tend to crumble and get cracks all over their flesh when they haven't eaten in a long time.

Still, it bodes the question: where does the flesh that they eat go, if they don't excrete it and remain skinny?

#18 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

Walking Dead zombies from what I remember are not really dead, they are reanimated. In one episode it was shown that their brains are alive and have basic functions. Without any "supernatural" process, then it stands to reason that they must be alive, otherwise all the cells of their bodies would deteriorate and be completely useless within days of "death". Since WD zombies continue to move, to think, to see, to eat, then it stands to reason that their bodies are in fact alive and functioning... and hence processing food is not out of the question.

#20 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir said:

@willpayton never seen it in any zombie movie

And that proves... what? Also, how do you even know what a pooping zombie looks like? Do you think they go find a bathroom and use toilet paper?

#21 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess they'd poop they're pants

#22 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir:

How do you know they dont poop?

I just pictured fully engourged zombies with poop just cascading down their legs. Damn you.

But really that makes sense. I mean, they ;likely couldn't control their bowels who's to say the smell of rotting human doesn't overpower the stench of poop? The brain needs oxygen, blood and nurishment to survive. All that peoplepie could be what keeps their Z-train chugging along.

#23 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir said:

i guess they'd poop they're pants

Exactly, this could very well be the case. It would just make them dirty and smelly, which they already are, so there'd be no external difference or reason for a character to comment on it. In any case, you hardly see human characters using the bathroom in movies/shows either... it doesnt mean they dont. It's just not an especially interesting thing to show if it's not directly related to the plot.

So my guess is that for more "realistic" zombies like the Walking Dead ones this is the case. If the zombies are supernatural in origin and they truly are "dead" then probably not.

#24 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

-__-

#25 Edited by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir said:

@willpayton lets assume they don't where does it go

The stuff they eat must go somewhere. It either gets digested and used for energy, or it goes through unprocessed, or it gets stored in the stomach. Any of those could be true as far as I can tell from what I've seen. To me it makes sense that they process it for energy, since they (the Walking Dead ones) show all the signs of being alive. If so then they eat and poop just like a normal animal.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

I think it depends on the lore, though. Walking Dead zombies, from what I've seen, tend to crumble and get cracks all over their flesh when they haven't eaten in a long time.

Still, it bodes the question: where does the flesh that they eat go, if they don't excrete it and remain skinny?

It does depend on the lore. I thought the reason they get cracks and whatnot was really because they are rotting away.Not necessarily because they hadn't eaten.

Well not all zombies are skinny either.Maybe they do excrete it but for that to work their insides would have to function.The flesh may go straight through but then that wouldn't be excreting it.So whatever they consume may just stay inside their bodies or just go straight out the other side.

Walking Dead zombies from what I remember are not really dead, they are reanimated. In one episode it was shown that their brains are alive and have basic functions. Without any "supernatural" process, then it stands to reason that they must be alive, otherwise all the cells of their bodies would deteriorate and be completely useless within days of "death". Since WD zombies continue to move, to think, to see, to eat, then it stands to reason that their bodies are in fact alive and functioning... and hence processing food is not out of the question.

Well technically they are dead but the corpse re animates.As I said in a previous comment its not meant to be looked at in such a way as certain things been possible and others not because it is fiction.I mean the fact that in Walking Dead the zombies do look as if they are rotting away.Also when people die in the show unless they are shot in the brain they come back as a zombie.

#28 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

first thing they need in season 4 is a pooping zombie that'll make everything perfect

#29 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

Alive or re-animated, that's just semantics. If they're make up of cells that are alive, take in nutrients, and do work... then they're alive. That would explain why they eat and why they dont just rot away after a few days. There's no biologically logical way for those bodies to be doing what they do without being alive. Of course, it's not to say that ALL of their bodies are alive... they could very well have parts that are alive and parts that are dead tissue. We only see the outsides, so saying that they "look" like they're rotting doesnt mean much, any more than we can conclude that they dont poop because we dont see them poop.

#30 Edited by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess as to how the WD zombies work is that at the point when that part of the brain they use gets re-animated, then that causes the rest of the body to come back to life. But, depending on the state of the corps, some parts may be too far gone, so they stay as dead tissue. Other parts may come partially to life, so they work, but not as fully as when they were "alive". Then on top of that there's probably something that slows down cell degeneration, so at times when they're not getting any food at all they'll still eventually die, but at a much slower rate than a "living" human. This would explain why when you cut off a zombies head, the head still continues to function. Basically, it will do that until the cells eventually die due to lack of nutrient-carrying blood.

Also look at WD zombie kill scenes, and notice all the blood that splatters when a zombie gets killed. Ask yourself, why so much blood? Where did the blood come from without a circulatory system to get it to places like the head or chest? Answer, if the body isnt alive and the circulatory system isnt working, then all the blood would just pool in the legs and dry out. Blood splatter means they're alive.

#31 Posted by russellmania77 (14859 posts) - - Show Bio

cuz they're always walking....

#32 Posted by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

Best. Topic name. Ever.

#33 Edited by russellmania77 (14859 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by BumpyBoo (8135 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

Best. Topic name. Ever.

Definitely ;)

#35 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

Alive or re-animated, that's just semantics. If they're make up of cells that are alive, take in nutrients, and do work... then they're alive. That would explain why they eat and why they dont just rot away after a few days. There's no biologically logical way for those bodies to be doing what they do without being alive. Of course, it's not to say that ALL of their bodies are alive... they could very well have parts that are alive and parts that are dead tissue. We only see the outsides, so saying that they "look" like they're rotting doesnt mean much, any more than we can conclude that they dont poop because we dont see them poop.

Well I think it has more to do with the fact that the person who's body it is,is dead.And the body has come back.It depends on the interpretation on how the zombie may actually work,weather its cells are alive or not weather they eat because they are hungry and need to consume it or they just do etc.

#36 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Corpses poop after several hours. Showing a zombie poop might ruin the mystery. It would be like watching Meg Ryan poop and that just can't happen. Although, in the movie Deadgirl someone crapped out his own guts.

#37 Posted by KingOfAsh (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

If Zombies don't poop, then they'd possibly transform into big blob monsters, unless the food falls out of their rotted guts.

#38 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to assume they just let it go. Most lack higher functioning processes beyond 'chase' 'eat' 'smash', etc. I'd imagine that, presuming their digestive systems are undamaged, it just releases into their pants, exactly like a normal person's does when they die.

#39 Edited by wildvine (8799 posts) - - Show Bio

@tasir

In Marvel zombies vs the Army of Darkness, its implied at the end that super zombies do indeed poop.

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by WillPayton (9333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad we're getting to the bottom of this business.

#41 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine that a zombie wouldn't even realize it's 'gotta drop a deuce' in the first place. I mean, they don't just stop, drop trow, and leave a steamer in the middle of a street, and then continue with their zombiness. It would be really funny if that was the intro to season 4 of WD, though.

#43 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad we're getting to the bottom of this business.

lol

#44 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you Monkey D Luffy?

#45 Posted by jwalser3 (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

I never actually thought about this....

#46 Posted by russellmania77 (14859 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread is over

#47 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Can they fart too? =O

#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

so many questions what if we are the sick ones and zombies are just biting us to cure us

#50 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23824 posts) - - Show Bio

I was though this was going to be a joke thread but the cases put together for if the "poop" or not is serious lol.