why doesn't anyone talk about the Wii U?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

I forgot there ever was a Wii U. I'm usually busy playing PS3 or Xbox 360.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And there's your reason. If your any type of serious gamer the Wii U is garbage. Plus the best games come on PS3 and 360.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you just answered your own question after u said " I'm usually busy playing PS3 or Xbox 360 "...

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marksman

First rule of the Wii U: We do not talk about the Wii U.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By deadpoolrules

That ^

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mhanuroth

i would care for the wii u when nintendo realese the exclusives that i want

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that Nintendo is bad because they do have excellent franchises, it's just that I love my PS exclusives and hardcore gaming. I think that applies to most people and that's why the Wii U gets ignored.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Not enough games for it.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough games for it.

The Xbox 720 gets more talk than it and it hasn't even came out!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

The PS3 and 360 will always be more popular with gamers; the Wii is for casual gamers. That said, the Wii U is not getting nearly the kind of attention that the Wii got. Probably because motion controls were new (sort of) at the time, and we've had time to get over it.

I don't see myself getting a Wii U until, perhaps, after they make a new Super Smash Bros. and a Metroid game.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By GunGunW

Don't hate on the Wii U. I just got Injustice for it a couple of days ago

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marksman said:

Second rule of Wii U: You do not talk about Wii U

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thorson said:

I forgot there ever was a Wii U. I'm usually busy playing PS3 or Xbox 360.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@marksman said:

Enough with the Fight Club references!

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii U? What do you speak of

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:
@marksman said:

What is that?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JakeN7

@knightrise said:

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:
@marksman said:

What is that?

Your feigned ignorance would be more believable if 1/3 of the picture you use as your avatar wasn't a still of Brad Pitt in Fight Club (the other two being Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange and Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.) ;P

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KnightRise

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:
@marksman said:

What is that?

Your feigned ignorance would be more believable if 1/3 of the picture you use as your avatar wasn't a still of Brad Pitt in Fight Club (the other two being Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange and Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.) ;P

Seriously, I don't know what you're refering to. If I did however, I'm sure that topic is something that is not to be refered to. A restriction so important (hypothetically speaking), that it is to be repeated twice.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:
@marksman said:

What is that?

Seriously, I don't know what you're refering to. If I did however, I'm sure that topic is something that is not to be refered to. A restriction so important (hypothetically speaking), that it is to be repeated twice.

Ok, ok, I get it now. Sorry, I'm slow tonight. Besides, I wasn't exactly "talking" about it...more like "alluding" to it. But yeah "first rule, blah blah blah." Got it. LOL!

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KnightRise

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:

@jaken7 said:

@knightrise said:
@marksman said:

What is that?

Ok, ok, I get it now. Sorry, I'm slow tonight. Besides, I wasn't exactly "talking" about it...more like "alluding" to it. But yeah "first rule, blah blah blah." Got it. LOL!

No Caption Provided

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole notion of "wii u has no serious games" is just dumb, the PS3 was crap the first few years before it even remotely picked up....the Wii U has far better graphics then the normal Wii and good games, they've just begun give it time...and as someone who plays Xbox and Wii online often, the lag isn't that different sadly...I've played COD, MK, SF, Halo etc online and still lags...I've played Dr. Mario, Smash etc online I honestly don't notice any more or less playability...

Fact is, as usual a lot of people hate on the wii for dumb reasons yet M$ and Sony stole their ideas(yet again) with motion controls AFTER they both initially said "nahh we're sticking to the traditional direction" yeah....bs, lol they like Nintendo go after what sells, period.

As far as "hardcore vs. casual games" that concept is overrated, you can play any game really "hardcore or casually" hell, most games now are even made for the specific purpose of either depending on the player. I know adults who play Smash competitively, and I know little 9 year olds who play Halo, MK etc so I assure you that's a myth concerning age. Of course, the Wii U isn't doing as well as the Wii did but then, neither will PS4 or Xbox 720...they're going to be pricey, changed as well which always plays a role for people as well.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you're one of the 5 people that own a wii u..

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

probably cause people are afraid to admit they have one or play one. nintendo has long been associated with being a kids console or games and people dont want to look like a little kid. call of duty is associated with being an adult game(how thats beyond me) and people want to look cooler so they say they play cod which is sold for ps3 and xbox. Ive had friends during elementary school would play pokemon but in high school denied ever knowing anything about pokemon. Why? to keep from looking like a little kid.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

It's got it's share of Games, the controls are gimmicks maybe that's why, but I still dig it <3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait until it gets a Zelda, Mario Kart, or Super Smash Bros. game.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

got one just for the Super Mario game....loved it...then got that Marvel fighting game and the Transformers Prime game....both had horrible graphics and controls...after playing them for around an hour a piece I stopped playing Wii U

Nintendo is behind on everything except for stupid gimmicky controllers....the graphics on the Wii U still don't seem to be on par with PS3 and 360 and their stupid gimmicks make it harder for developers to port games over to the system

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vaeternus

@danhimself, They're not behind on anything except perhaps the online element(which could use improvement) but everything else they're ahead of the comp with creativeness and interactive features. That's incorrect, Wii U is on par if not better then PS3 and 360....

And how can you say it's gimmicky when M$ put out Kinect and PS Move? lol Apparently you don't follow gaming if you don't know they all go for what brings the crowd in...

I also fail to see how owning a Nintendo makes you a "kid" lol, gotta love fanboys. Kids play Xbox and PS too, I've seen it first hand so that's flawed logic.

@xwraith said:

Just wait until it gets a Zelda, Mario Kart, or Super Smash Bros. game.

Yep, then you'll see all those "hardcore adults" play and talk about nothing else lol. I actually know more adults waiting for Zelda and Smash then kids seriously...the youth today that thinks "wii is a kiddy system" have no idea that Zelda, Mario practically started the success of gaming to what it is today

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself, They're not behind on anything except perhaps the online element(which could use improvement) but everything else they're ahead of the comp with creativeness and interactive features. That's incorrect, Wii U is on par if not better then PS3 and 360....

And how can you say it's gimmicky when M$ put out Kinect and PS Move? lol Apparently you don't follow gaming if you don't know they all go for what brings the crowd in...

I also fail to see how owning a Nintendo makes you a "kid" lol, gotta love fanboys. Kids play Xbox and PS too, I've seen it first hand so that's flawed logic.

the wii's motion controls were gimmicky, wii u's tablet is gimmicky, the move and the kinect are gimmicky...my opinion...I'm calling it as I see it....it's pretty much the developers saying "look what this thing can do! buy some games that work with it!" and then they never make anything really worthwhile with the technology....it's a gimmick designed to get people interested and buy the console or add on....the only thing that the technology really lends itself to is party games.

I do follow gaming....and it's not about bringing in the crowd it's about keeping them there...that's why the sales on Wii were great but after that you never really heard anything about it because they couldn't keep anyone playing...it's also why Wii U sales tanked....everyone knew what the Wii was like and most people stayed away from the system

I also never said anything about Nintendo being for games...but since you brought it up....Nintendo hasn't been about hardcore gamers since the Wii...it's why their game sales suck

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vaeternus

The wii remotes are not gimmicky, they're apart of the gameplay. Wii U's tablet isn't gimmicky, it's again part of the gameplay and actually helpful(ie listing special moves, tips, maps, touchscreen etc) more then I can say for a mainstream version of the game on other consoles. The move and Kinect I also feel while not gimmicky in the sense of "gameplay" may be to a degree with attraction... if you're going to say the wii u tab is gimmicky then I suppose your android or iphone is too right? touch screen, fancy features that aren't "necessary" you could just have a normal flip phone right? Or do you want the "latest" thing to make life easier? Same thing with consoles, you want to get up and shut off the tv or have the option right in your hands(which you can do in the wii u tab mind you that you can't do with any other console, not talking about just the console but the TV with using various remotes)

If you want to say this whole "motion control scheme trend is gimmicky" to attract people, perhaps to a point I can see that but that's just the big 3 doing what sells...in that aspect they're all the same. They just have slightly different ways if not similar of going about it. Graphics, that's another issue. Me personally, if the game plays great looks average I'm fine with it. If it looks great plays like crap, not so good to me. And while there are lots of games on wii that could look better, I've seen just as many great looking eye candy games on PS3 or Xbox that play horribly.

It's also about bringing in to attract them, everyone for example had the wii before it came out being "dumb, lame won't sell etc, etc" then look what happened...and don't forget Xbox and Sony both said "yeah they're going a different direction then us, we'll stick to traditional controls.." then fast forward and that was a lie...they all fluctuate, but one thing that's a fact is Nintendo arguably started the gaming gig becoming uber popular, it killed the Atari's failed ideas and started over 20 years ago yet is still here today. Whether or not you like or hate them, you have to respect them. Especially when their competitors are taking their ideas which made them successful into their own consoles now.

Games sales just so you know have sucked at times for PS and 360 too, PS3 first two years sucked in game sales...compared to the wii and xbox. Then picked up, then the Xbox kept a mainsteam steadyness and Wii died down...etc. Still, overall last gen Wii overall dominated with sales, software and creativity.

Game sales is another issues, being as how it's all trendy and preferences anyway(ie COD, Halo) where anything with a COD badge on it sells...I don't really consider it that big of a deal.

Besides, the hardcore element is overrated...you can play any game hardcore or casually. Personally, if you make a game made for both crowds like say NRS games, Mario games, EA sports games etc, etc where you can play casually or hardcore it's up to the player. Besides, remember at the end of the day the casual crowd heavily outweighs, outnumbers and outmatters the "smaller hardcore crowd" believe me I know, I'm a high level MK player who's been to a few tourneys. The casuals have a say too whether you like it or not, not just "the hardcore"

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frogdog

I'm just waiting for Bayonetta 2, and lower price drop.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a casual gamers console.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be a hardcore one soon enough, the juicy titles haven't even come out yet...just give it time.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frogdog

@bruxae said:

All consoles are for casuals dude.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather play a kinect over Wiiu any day

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

If you say 'Wii-U' fast repeatedly it sounds like an ambulance. =D

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@bruxae said:

Yeah, but Wii is strictly casual, you cant be competative on it.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@frogdog said:

@bruxae said:

Wii U has Tekken tag 2, Injustice and Black ops 2, all of them are competitive offline/online games.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vaeternus

@frogdog said:

@bruxae said:

True, and/or rather anyone can play any console hardcore or casual..

It's like comics..."hardcore comic reader or casual" is there really a difference? Either way, people on here read comics some more then others. I see no difference.

I agree, you can be very competitive on Wii U games and just wait until Smash comes out...that game is as competitive as any other fighter out there.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

It's a console in it's first year of release and like many console launch years, it's been a drought.

Same thing happened when Xbox 360 and PS3 released. 360 had a year-long drought until Gears of War came, PS3 had two years of nothing until MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet. Both these systems and the Wii U had a bunch of exaggerated negativity towards them, all three have been called the next Sega Dreamcast, the console that would make it's company bankrupt, etc. Add to that the fact that lots of people are ignorant and narrow-minded about Nintendo and you have something that people will bash no matter what, despite the fact they probably haven't played it but like to pretend they know what they're talking about.

I own a Wii U. I don't play it much, but like any system, there will be a time when that does a complete 180.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@bruxae said:

@frogdog said:

@bruxae said:

Wii U has Tekken tag 2, Injustice and Black ops 2, all of them are competitive offline/online games.

And all of them plays better on a PS or Xbox, not trying to bash the Wii its fun its just not the console of choice for competative gaming (even though its possible) and I think that answers the OP's question in my opinion. Ive just always seen it (along with alot of people I presume) as a having a good time with friends console rather then something you buy if you are planning on competative gaming or RPG's mainly.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I would only say bad things about it. So it wouldn't really be adding anything worthwhile to a discussion. =)

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Because it sucks! Just kidding I don't know why.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vaeternus

@Bruxae, That's actually not true, Tekken, COD2, Injustice play the exact same on the Wii U as they do on PSN/Xbox...plus with the tablet you get the moves, maps etc while you're playing which if anything makes it better. Online is comparable to all 3 being as they all lag...

It's a console in it's first year of release and like many console launch years, it's been a drought.

Same thing happened when Xbox 360 and PS3 released. 360 had a year-long drought until Gears of War came, PS3 had two years of nothing until MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet. Both these systems and the Wii U had a bunch of exaggerated negativity towards them, all three have been called the next Sega Dreamcast, the console that would make it's company bankrupt, etc. Add to that the fact that lots of people are ignorant and narrow-minded about Nintendo and you have something that people will bash no matter what, despite the fact they probably haven't played it but like to pretend they know what they're talking about.

I own a Wii U. I don't play it much, but like any system, there will be a time when that does a complete 180.

Good post and true, sometimes consoles start off slowly then pick up later on...we've seen this happen with every console at some point or another.