• 149 results
Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I wanna know your personal reason for expressing or not expressing a faith(Religion). How do you think it affects people? Positively Negatively etc.

Not an argument, just your personal reason.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pfcoolio14
SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the better question is; Why would I need one?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I got faith, why not

and GEEZ PEOPLE it's a comic website, lets leave some things at the door. gosh !

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You dont. However I never understood why Atheist should not Rape, Kill, or Murder. I mean, why not? Your all just worm food like you never existed, so NO CONSEQUENCE!

Atheism makes no sense to me.

The funny part is same people who say they are Atheist ask for a priest when faced with death or beg to God like babies when shot.

So.....

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@sheenlantern said:

You dont. However I never understood why Atheist should not Rape, Kill, or Murder. I mean, why not? Your all just worm food like you never existed, so NO CONSEQUENCE!

The funny part is same people who say they are Atheist ask for a priest when faced with death or beg to God like babies when shot.

So.....

Because those are bad things to do, no matter what religion or lack of religion you follow?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sheenlantern said:

So.....

Ummm....Because it's wrong?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

What....the f*ck....is wrong with you....

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I got faith, why not

and GEEZ PEOPLE it's a comic website, lets leave some things at the door. gosh !

I agree, they have been alot of these type of threads as of late.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Bruxae

@cadencev2: I would be more worried about the people who need an almighty deity to tell them its wrong to rape or murder someone, are you saying you would rape and murder if you didnt suffer any consequences? Cause it sounds like it, and then you are seriously ill.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@cadencev2: I would be more worried about the people who need an almighty deity to tell them its wrong to rape or murder someone, are you saying you would rape and murder if you didnt suffer any consequences? Cause it sounds like it, and then you are seriously ill.

This man speaks the truth.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@bruxae: @v_scarlotte_rose: @dccomicsrule2011: @sheenlantern:

Sh*****t, lets just be glad I believe in fear of hell, otherwise I would be a killing alot. I do not know how I feel about stabbing someone, I seriously enjoy shooting somebody, its on my bucket list.

Seriously tho, Atheist are full of crap when they find faith as they get older.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find that it's usually the other way around, that's how it was for me, I believed in the Christian god when I was little, but then again, I also believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just going to leave out of this thread before I go on a rant....

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sh*****t, lets just be glad I believe in fear of hell, otherwise I would be a killing alot. I do not know how I feel about stabbing someone, I seriously enjoy shooting somebody, its on my bucket list.

You're only not killing because you think you might be punished for it when you die?

And you think that atheists who find religion are a problem?

You're a terrible person.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laflux

Simply a case of was I practicing what I believed, and did I "believe" what I believed. And the answer to both those questions were no. So why kid myself and live a lie? From my viewpoints in life, and what I know to be true, it became something where I felt I was either I was diluting myself to fit in to something that wasn't natural for me, or I was warping or ignoring what I was following to suit me. Both of which are not healthy.

Faith has driven people to do both horribly evil and incredibly good things. Faith isn't good or bad in of itself- it merely acts as a catalyst to drive the intentions within us. That's my Opinion anyway :P

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have faith because,my parents force me to have one..I mean going to church for a invisible man in the sky is just straight up crazy!

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pfcoolio14

@laflux:

Well thanks, that's the first well thought out reply in this thread. Much appreciated. You got it going

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have faith because,my parents force me to have one..I mean going to church for a invisible man in the sky is just straight up crazy!

lol, I like you.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But then again, we are on a website where we argue about whether a Green Martian in spandex or a naked silver man on a surfboard would win in a fight. xD

Just kidding, I agree 100%.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

Also what determines it is wrong? In the Midevil days when Rome left Europe to defend for itself, everyone was stealing, killing, and raping for the hell of it. None had any order till the Church stepped in.

Society determines what is wrong and right correct? There were many societies in the past that said raping and killing is A OK as long they are infediles, lesser men, slaves.

This is a fact. It is 9 out of 10 times Faith that steps in and determines moral compasses in a faithless area. The only reason it is wrong to ya is because you were taught it was by your lack of belief.

That means we all are murdering, raping, torturing heathens with no natural moral compass. Thank you non believers for proving this time and again over 4000 years of civilization.

Now I need to find a Russian slave girl for kicks.

No Caption Provided

Flying Spaghetti Monster.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laflux

@cadencev2 said:

@sheenlantern said:

Common human decency perhaps :P

I'm an agnostic BTW. The lack of evidence either or against a God, means people are free to pick what suits them IMO, but I'm pretty sure the Monotheistic Judeo-Christo-Islamic God doesn't exist, or at the very least, isn't what many claim him to be.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AweSam

If Jesus knocked on my door and turned my water into wine, then I'll consider going to church. If a god can't put any effort into proving to its followers that it exists, then it shouldn't expect me to believe it exists.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm just going to leave out of this thread before I go on a rant....

I think I'll follow.The amount of ignorance here is sickening to the point of apathy.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I'm convinced, CadenceV2 is actually an Athiest who is satirising religious nutjobs as a joke.

There's no way anyone like that could possibly be real, I mean, could you believe the sheer ignorance?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I don't believe in God because of all the contradictions. He says he loves us but then gives us disease, hurricanes, tornadoes, famine, Bieber and so on and so on. Plus all of the crap Satan gets into. If he's so all powerful than why aren't we all happy? Religion was created pretty much to control people. Don't do this and this and this. Some make sense like murder and lying and cheating. Don't covet your neighbors goods though? Should wanting the rose bush in their yard or the new car they just bought really be punishable by an eternity of fiery torture? It's all good though. Just ask for forgiveness and you can do whatever you want.

Religion breeds more hatred, ignorance and intolerance than any Atheists have. The Westboro cretins come to mind.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis I've never asked, why are you an atheist? Why not Theist or Agnostic (join the club :P )

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SheenLantern

@awesam said:

@sheenlantern: I've met worse. Far worse.

Please don't tell me, I would have to kill myself.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

How many Atheists do you know that got religious on their deathbed? that's just a stereotype religious people use.

Also if someone does "find god" isn't it a good thing? Isn't that the point of spreading the word of god and the door to door religious salesmen?

And what does that say about certain religious people if the only reason why you don't kill and rape is because you might go to hell? that's it? that's the only reason why you don't do it? I would be scared to be in a church if I knew everyone around me was a psychopath just wanting to kill and rape everyone.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@cadencev2 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Also what determines it is wrong? In the Midevil days when Rome left Europe to defend for itself, everyone was stealing, killing, and raping for the hell of it. None had any order till the Church stepped in.

Society determines what is wrong and right correct? There were many societies in the past that said raping and killing is A OK as long they are infediles, lesser men, slaves.

This is a fact. It is 9 out of 10 times Faith that steps in and determines moral compasses in a faithless area. The only reason it is wrong to ya is because you were taught it was by your lack of belief.

That means we all are murdering, raping, torturing heathens with no natural moral compass. Thank you non believers for proving this time and again over 4000 years of civilization.

Now I need to find a Russian slave girl for kicks.

No Caption Provided

Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I'm not even gonna...I'm going to leave out of this thread before I go into full rage rant mode.The amount of ignorance in this post is....just crazy,Lets ignore the societies that was doing well with out religion,lets ignore the kind of treatment homosexual people get right now because of Religion,lets ignore the wars that have been fought over it,lets ignore how some religions belittle woman,lets ignore the fact that in the book of Titus said it was okay to have slaves lets ignore all of this bullsh!t and look at the positives you have got to be kidding me I will exit this thread before I break my computer screen.

Oh an two can play at the lowballing game:

No Caption Provided

Note:I'm not even an atheist,I am, in fact a deist. Also the Image I posted was not meant to offend it was only meant to counter the low balling of atheism.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By laflux

@cadencev2: I'm convinced, CadenceV2 is actually an Athiest who is satirising religious nutjobs as a joke.

There's no way anyone like that could possibly be real, I mean, could you believe the sheer ignorance?

Not sure, me and him go way back on the battle forums, and he's always been down to earth there. Sarcasm ain't really his thing :P

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys stop it, I didn't make this as a debate. Just tell me your personal reasons.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laflux

@laflux:

Well thanks, that's the first well thought out reply in this thread. Much appreciated. You got it going

Ah thanks. Well to each their own. For some, faith works. For others like me, not so much. And I ruined a fair few threads recently, so I guess its time for me to step :P

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SheenLantern
@laflux said:

@sheenlantern said:

Not sure, me and him go way back on the battle forums, and he's always been down to earth there. Sarcasm ain't really his thing :P

Then I fear for the safety of us all, knowing someone like that is free to roam the streets.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys stop it, I didn't make this as a debate. Just tell me your personal reasons.

Lol theres no way thats going to happen, thats never ever happened on the internet.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: Tell a mod to delete this thread then..c:

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: This is why I avoid religion and politics.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistressoftheelements:

I'm not telling anyone to delete it. I still wanna know. A couple of people have been cooperative. It's just the Cadence guy.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_nightingale: Yeah your right I think it is best if I step out before I go on a full rant and derail the thread.

I'm sorry if you think I derailed the thread,I saw something I strongly disagreed and felt was offensive,and went on a rant,I will be stepping out now, peace everyone.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@cadencev2 said:

@sheenlantern said:

Common human decency perhaps :P

I'm an agnostic BTW. The lack of evidence either or for a God, means people are free to pick what suits them IMO, but I'm pretty sure the Monotheistic Judeo-Christo-Islamic God doesn't exist, or at the very least, isn't what many claim to be.

I believe in 10 Commandments, they are the best Guidelines to a good life for all IMO. Other then the one that says "Thou shall not say God Damnit, when you stub your toe" I think the damn Catholics force that one in there over time.

I also HATE RELIGIOUS FANATICS so much. I hate bible thumpers like the Duggers.

No Caption Provided

These a$$es where skirts and pants when swimming in the ocean or running a marathon. Dumb, idiotic, mother, ooohhh. Stupid, stupid people. God is not punishing anyone or anything for wearing shorts made of running or swimming material!

Anyway I see faith alot like insurance. I rather have even if I may not need it.

Hows that for scumbag thought?

Also all these cool kids who are now Atheist only act the way they do because of the Churches. I believe and worship God in private. Churches want money, they say you have to drive out to them to be forgiven of sin, and the priest get caught raping little boys. You do not have to attend church to have any faith, the Christians slaughtered in droves during the Roman days did not have churches or a central religious leader.

Anyway Religion is a great thing to have, without it we would not have the many of the art, civilizations, or excellent moral compass guidelines we have today. At the same time people abuse faith for their own ends and faith organizations are easily corrupted.

Atheist are just cool, they believe in Science and even tho Science cannot explain MANY THINGS on Earth, Space, or whatever was before Time, the Atheist are correct that their is no God or any higher power(s) even when they themselves cannot prove it.

In the End this sums it up for me.

No Caption Provided

I agree, people who think they have the right Religion are idiots.

No Caption Provided

This is true as well. Atheist is a religion in itself. They belive in nothing. Which in itself is a conundrum.

No Caption Provided

Morpheus sums it best. Bible Thumpers are a$$holes. Atheist are Pu$$!es. Im a straight D!k.

Loading Video...

I believe in something greater than myself, and I will **** all you Fanatic Bible Thumpers and Atheist.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I kind of feel like the religion thread on here really could be bumped with all this discussion going on.
But regarding the topic itself I don't have faith in religion because having faith in something means believing in something without evidence. Also being an atheist and someone who lives without religion it not only makes me happy that I live free from it but also I dont have to be constantly shaping my views around a big block of dogma full of rules and regulations that were made thousands of years ago. And yeah I also do think religion largely affects the world in a negative way and I am anti religious for many reasons.
So yeah that is just my little input on the matter since you asked. I am not going to start debating it again if people want to know more fine go ahead and ask but I am not getting into another debate.
Oh and I am not even going to address the moronic drivel spewing from a certain user on here since logic and intelligence seem to be non existent in their posts.