#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i went through FF X time period, but for those who say FF 7 is the best FF ever or even best game ever!

Why? FF 7 is best because?

Just wanted to know and thanks Comicvine members!

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't MUHAHA!

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's one of the top FF games but not the best. Definitely think it's the most overrated.

#4 Posted by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's the best Final Fantasy ever, but the game was released at the time where I was just getting exposed to the series (I was a Genesis guy as a kid) and to 32-bit hardware, and the game had an epic scale, grandiose music, great graphics (at the time), fun battles and an extremely interesting story. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced, and it was just so polished and memorable every step of the way. Some of that might be nostalgia talking, but it was a matter of right place, right time, right game. It might not be the best, but it's the most memorable for me.

#5 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the most revolutionary for sure. It has a great cast(unlike some of the newer Final fantasy's), a great story, good gameplay, replay value, quite possibly the most iconic villain in all of gaming and it has Vincent Valentine.

#6 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mekboy said:

It's the most revolutionary for sure. It has a great cast(unlike some of the newer Final fantasy's), a great story, good gameplay, replay value, quite possibly the most iconic villain in all of gaming and it has Vincent Valentine.

I didn't know Wesker was in FF7? Nyahahaha! Kidding... But yeah Sephiroth is the badass of all badasses.

@VinceNotVance said:

I don't think it's the best Final Fantasy ever, but the game was released at the time where I was just getting exposed to the series (I was a Genesis guy as a kid) and to 32-bit hardware, and the game had an epic scale, grandiose music, great graphics (at the time), fun battles and an extremely interesting story. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced, and it was just so polished and memorable every step of the way. Some of that might be nostalgia talking, but it was a matter of right place, right time, right game. It might not be the best, but it's the most memorable for me.

Wow! I had almost the same setup... I bet you would've also gotten a Sega Saturn had it been in a solid competition with PS1. Come to think of it, FF7 was a big reason for Sega's (hardware) demise! WTF Square?!?!?!? You killed my fave company with one of my fave games!!!!

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

FFX-2 FTW

#8 Posted by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: I actually own a Sega Saturn to this day (I got mine a year or so after I got my PlayStation). Still bust it out from time to time to play some Daytona USA & Clockwork Knight.

DON'T JUDGE ME

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

FF7 was my first Final Fantasy after Final Fantasy III (which I believe is technically FF6 or something like that).The story line was a amazing and it held my interest the entire time.Most RPG's i've played that haven't been made by Square have failed to do that,especially ones that are turn based.I start playing and then half way through it becomes a job.Although it was turned based there were so many combinations of equipment you could use,it had the best "limit breaks" of any FF before it because at least this time you actually get to see it how it's really supposed to look.It had the best cast of any FF game IMO from the heroes to the villains.Cloud is my favorite leading hero of any FF game.I even liked the soundtrack in the game.Final Fantasy since hasn't had a cast that I really liked.FF13 is close.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is FFVII the greatest video game of all time? Easy, because it's just a perfect game.  

The gameplay is tremendous, and hasn't aged. The cast is the best of any game ever, with some really lovable characters who stick with you for decades after the release, and Cait Sith; one of the most loathe-worthy characters ever in a video game. Sure, the graphics need work, but if you only care about graphics in a game, then you suck. The music is perfect, the villain is the most iconic of any video game, the story is genuinely gripping and has the best "shock" moment ever.  

Then we have the journey of Cloud, the best VG character of all time, and it's nature as a beautiful Existential Bildungsroman.  

Simply put, FFVII is the best game ever, and the only one worthy of being considered a literary masterpiece.

#11 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Lol you don't have to be kidding, I don't even like Sephiroth and Wesker's a bada** motherf***er

#12 Posted by nickthedevil (13900 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because it is.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a Final Fantasy?

#14 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10229 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. The fantasy you have before you get a reality check. On topic: FF7 was the best because of Sephiroth. and Tifa.

#15 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not. FF6 is.

#16 Posted by Enemybird (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many reasons to name them all...

#17 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

What's a Final Fantasy?

Liar, liar.

FFX for the win
#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Lmao :P The only Final Fantasy I've ever played was the one that game out a few years back 13?

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoomDoomDoom said:

I don't MUHAHA!

#20 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

no. I thought it was FF6 was the best game ever.

#21 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not big on the whole FF series but as far as FF VII goes. It was revolutionary. Games to this date are going after the model that game set. Engaging characters with a plot heavy gameplay and gorgeous cut scenes. IDK if it's the best, but it was definitely the most influential.

#22 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

And that is why this is the best game ever...

#23 Posted by Ohgawd (148 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by zexion_armando (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Its top 5, for sure, but after IX and VI.

IX is the perfect game, lol.

#25 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

It is indeed the best.

#27 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

FF tactics is my favorite FF game period

FF 10 was my fav numbered Lulu forever!

#28 Posted by Mr_riddler (15708 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Fantasy VI >>>>> Final Fantasy VII

Kefka >>>>>>>> Sephiroth.

#29 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ohgawd said:

@zexion_armando said:

Its top 5, for sure, but after IX and VI.

IX is the perfect game, lol.

I love you guys <3

#30 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

So much love for FF9! So much win!

#31 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: FF9 doesn't get enough credit.