Why do we even still have a pro bowl?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Its a pointless, unwatched game that rewards players with big names and flashy stats, who might not be actually all that good.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zaied  Online

Pointless? Maybe. Unwatched? Nope. That's why it's still around... people tune in every year.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

They should just have a combine instead with cash rewards. Like a 40 yard dash, some receiver vs db drills, one handed catch contest, one on ones for linemen and linebackers, quickness competition for TBs, etc. That would be more entertaining IMO.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pros playing pros in half ass effort for BERGILLION dollars!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HumanRocket

The NBA and NHL have their All Star exhibition weekend perfectly set. The NFL and MLB need to catch up.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kriminal
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To give a middle finger to the entire Chargers roster

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For whatever reason I am one that loves to watch football, but could not care less about the pro bowl. I can watch an NBA all star game and at least feel entertained, but when I have seen the pro bowl in the past it was boring to me.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

It's not even the game itself, its the fact is that fans that vote don't know squat about football which ends up with deserving players missing out. For example, Lavonte David, outside linebacker for the tampa bay bucs, was a first team all pro last year(considered the highest award for each position), yet didn't even make the pro bowl as a substitute.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By HumanRocket
@kriminal said:

@humanrocket: NFL has the highest rated all star game.

The NFL in general has the highest rated games of any sports. Yes. But as for the product they are showing fans, it's one of the worst All Star games in sports. Players don't tackle. Players don't play with effort. Easy passes are dropped and players are distracted by other things and don't put in much of an effort in the game. Granted I will give them the benefit of players not wanting to get inquired and put their contracts in risk. But when the players don't put in the effort then the quality of the games goes down. The last two pro bowl games have been a joke with the effort that players have given. No competition what so ever.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Its not even the level of competition, its the voting. So many players that are deserving don't make it because of fans who think they know football vote for the wrong guys. For example, last year's outside linebacker of the Tampa Bay Bucs Lavonte David was an first team all pro(considered the highest award for each position), while he didn't even make the pro bowl as a substitute.

On a separate note, does Luke Keuchly look like Clark Kent to y'all? He already has the built and physique.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: He sure is like Superman on the football field. The dude is a physical beast, and extremely football intelligent.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Dumb fans always voting for for the wrong reasons and not for the best skill. They change that so I can get in.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Last years game was actually good.. They actually put forth an effort..

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

It's just something to make teams not going to the Super Bowl feel better.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to love Pro-Bowl weekend. The skills and beach competitions leading up to the actual game. The game itself has never held much interest for me.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

believe it or not, people still take interest in bowling. it's like a bowler asking why do we still have Golf. -_- because it interest people.