Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By dane
@Undergroundgod said:
" @Dane said:
"tbh, look at the people on TV in America. Everyone else looks at America from a TV or through the Internet. That is where foreigners get their impression of your country from.   Seriously, The View, what the f#ck is that sh#t? "
LOL... Yeah I can see someone watching UPN or Jerry Springer and being like WTF. What is wrong with them, are they retarded? "

Exactly, I mean I don't judge it that way 'cause I speak to Americans and I know they aren't all trainwrecks. But look at it this way, if you only ever watched those kooky Japanese game shows you'd think Japan was a madhouse. The problem is, your first impression of a place is what sticks with you and most peoples first impression of America is something garbage on TV.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Precise
@goldenkey said:
" there is no where like here.  As much as we are losing there is no other place you can prosper as you can then here with the freedoms we have.  Look at how many people are moving here and for what reasons.  Only place remotely close is Amsterdam and it's got it's own problems. "
Now i'm curious seeing as how i live there, why do you feel Amsterdam would come close?
brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By brendon277
@brendon277: I don't get how if we cross a foreign border illegally we get jail time and stuff like that  but if a foreigner crosses our border illegally they get money, job's, healthcare basically everything we get now but even more so what's up with that??? I think we should have just as bad punishments as other states for crossing a border illegally it's so UNFAIR!!!!!!!
Neon_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Neon_Nemesis
@Vance Astro said:
" Americans think they are better than everyone...and sadly enough we're not even close.Do the research.Even third world countries sh#t on us academically.... "
Co signed
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Neon_Nemesis said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Americans think they are better than everyone...and sadly enough we're not even close.Do the research.Even third world countries sh#t on us academically.... "
Co signed "
Because we are better than everyone else :P
chewbaccazm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By chewbaccazm

the food

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Aronmorales

I don't mean to sound like some bleedin' heart sissy, but hate is wrong...

chewbaccazm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By chewbaccazm

I don't mean to sound like an ass but no 

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By Undergroundgod
@chewbaccazm said:
"the food "

Were are you from? America has every Food you can think of, because we steal it from the rest of the world. If you mean real American food, I guess... What do you mean? Hotdogs and Cheese Burgers and shit, or Corn and Turkey?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Chaos Prime

Ive not read all the post & to be honest im starting straight from the back just going by the title of the thread.
Never judge a nation by the experience u have meeting or dealing with a few for starters.
Secondly i hear quiet alot when im out in the Far East thsi Anti-American view & its manly by normal people in tourist areas that think all Americans cant talk but have to shout even if its in a quiet coffee shop.Asians (Thais, Cambodians & Laoatians) are very quiet by nature so hearing a loud american they think that theres something wrong with them because they cant keep there voices down so they assume that this person has alot of anger or bad vibes & they think the whole American nation is the same.Yes i know it sounds strange but i hear it so many times when im out in the far east.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By Undergroundgod
@Chaos Prime said:
"Ive not read all the post & to be honest im starting straight from the back just going by the title of the thread. Never judge a nation by the experience u have meeting or dealing with a few for starters. Secondly i hear quiet alot when im out in the Far East thsi Anti-American view & its manly by normal people in tourist areas that think all Americans cant talk but have to shout even if its in a quiet coffee shop.Asians (Thais, Cambodians & Laoatians) are very quiet by nature so hearing a loud american they think that theres something wrong with them because they cant keep there voices down so they assume that this person has alot of anger or bad vibes & they think the whole American nation is the same.Yes i know it sounds strange but i hear it so many times when im out in the far east. "

No, I agree, I was there aswell, I know what you mean, where are you?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Undergroundgod said:
" @Chaos Prime said:
"Ive not read all the post & to be honest im starting straight from the back just going by the title of the thread. Never judge a nation by the experience u have meeting or dealing with a few for starters. Secondly i hear quiet alot when im out in the Far East thsi Anti-American view & its manly by normal people in tourist areas that think all Americans cant talk but have to shout even if its in a quiet coffee shop.Asians (Thais, Cambodians & Laoatians) are very quiet by nature so hearing a loud american they think that theres something wrong with them because they cant keep there voices down so they assume that this person has alot of anger or bad vibes & they think the whole American nation is the same.Yes i know it sounds strange but i hear it so many times when im out in the far east. "
No, I agree, I was there aswell, I know what you mean, where are you? "
In London now but fly back out to the Far East end of June.Funny thing is when talking to the American Ex-Pats they have to be the most vocal Anti-American tourists ive met..
Avatar image for eisforextinction
EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

Why do people hate Canada so much? We gave you Justin Bieber... wait, bad example.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Vortex13
@aztek the lost said:
" @Cubethulhu said:
" Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me? "
to answer your question: re-read your post "
F##king awesome lol.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The great thing about being the most powerful nation in the world is that you dont have to care if anyone else likes you :P

chewbaccazm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By chewbaccazm

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Do I have to give a name? said:

" @WW-Fan said:

" i think George Bush has ruined USA image maybe "
Good point.  "
Well Obama is helping  the world view of America but doesnt seem to be helping a whole lot with the actual people or the United States. Thats just how i feel
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Dane:
most of the shows we get we rip off from Britain

@Vortex13 said:
" @Gylan Thomas: What America stands for is an idea that all men are equal (women included) everyone has the right to believe what they want and freedom from hatred or ignorance. That is a damn good think to like or believe in. As for it's action negating that I don't believe it does because in my opinion what America is/does is not what the ideal is. We parted ways with the true American dream a looooooooong time ago, almost right away, but the Idea is still there. Though if anyone in our county claims we're all still that well they should be shot for their stupidity because like I said we parted ways with the idea so no you're not free to believe what you want =P. "
your free to believe what you want as long as you dont try to get others to believe it also and you can no longer say those kind of things in public lol.

@DH69 said:
"

its the general belief of what you americans are not the true facts but the negative stereotypes, honestly i know quite a few americans having stayed in washington for a year (glad to be back in bc) and you aint that bad.

"
lol appreciate the support

@Edamame said:

" Actually, America is now regarded as a hyperpower, not a superpower.  "

Whats the difference?
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By capall

due to heavily biased opinions that derives from media on global scale, lack of understanding of social, economical, cultural, military structures yet everyone wants to visit Disney world and purchase their brand products and associate in business someway, hmmmmmmmm

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Manchine

If we took everyone as their Sterotype.  English people are snooty.  French just run away and don't want to take a stand.  Germains just drink.  The middle eastern countries just go on suicide runs and kill themselves.  Japanise think nothing but sex because they have small ...........  Africa just have tribes of Black People walking around half naked.  So on and so forth.  Hating something you don't personally know is just stupid. 
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Because you can't kill people into liking you.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Edamame:
I first heard of hypernova last weekend as far as i rememeber but i dont know the differences between them
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By FLCL1
@Cubethulhu said:
"Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me? "

comments like this make me ashamed to be american sometimes because i dont want to be filed in with you...
ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ironshadow
@Cubethulhu said:
" Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me? "
Better than over 90% of the world you say , maybe but you're probably equal to Canada and Australia. Also the fact that your government invades and bombs other countries  and gets involved in their affairs might have something to do with it and that being said I would like to live in America......or maybe Canada or Australia or England.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FLCL1
@Dane said:
"tbh, look at the people on TV in America. Everyone else looks at America from a TV or through the Internet. That is where foreigners get their impression of your country from.   Seriously, The View, what the f#ck is that sh#t? "

any channel shows american doucheness 

MTV,BET, AND VH1 

hell even disney channel
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:
"

" @WW-Fan said:

Good point.  "
Well Obama is helping  the world view of America but doesnt seem to be helping a whole lot with the actual people or the United States. Thats just how i feel "
Yeah, I quite like Obama from what I've seen on this side of the pond. But a lot of Americans I talk to really don't. Could be the same for Clinton, I f*#%ing love that guy from what I see on tv. What's was he like for people that actually had to live under him?
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:
" If we took everyone as their Sterotype.  English people are snooty.  French just run away and don't want to take a stand.  Germains just drink.  The middle eastern countries just go on suicide runs and kill themselves.  Japanise think nothing but sex because they have small ...........  Africa just have tribes of Black People walking around half naked.  So on and so forth.  Hating something you don't personally know is just stupid.  "
Funnily enough, the French have participated in more wars than pretty much any other country. They won a good percentage of them too.  
(I know you were only pointing out stereotypes, but that was one stereotype I was quite surprised to find out wasn't true lol)
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Manchine
" @Manchine said:
" If we took everyone as their Sterotype.  English people are snooty.  French just run away and don't want to take a stand.  Germains just drink.  The middle eastern countries just go on suicide runs and kill themselves.  Japanise think nothing but sex because they have small ...........  Africa just have tribes of Black People walking around half naked.  So on and so forth.  Hating something you don't personally know is just stupid.  "
Funnily enough, the French have participated in more wars than pretty much any other country. They won a good percentage of them too.  (I know you were only pointing out stereotypes, but that was one stereotype I was quite surprised to find out wasn't true lol) "

Mostly it was due to Napoleon wars he had.  Yep I knew that also.  =)
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DEGRAAF
"

Yeah, I quite like Obama from what I've seen on this side of the pond. But a lot of Americans I talk to really don't. Could be the same for Clinton, I f*#%ing love that guy from what I see on tv. What's was he like for people that actually had to live under him? "

Idk, i always heard he was good and people liked him (except for his affair during office) but i was to young to vote when he was elected either time so i never payed any attention
Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Tyler Starke

Cause they're jealous of all the awesome stuff we do all the time.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Edamame:
oh, cool
FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By FiguredOut95

@.Riddick. said:

TBH I like USA. UK I can't stand. And I LIVE here.

what this guy said ^^

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Bruxae

@FiguredOut95 said:

@.Riddick. said:

TBH I like USA. UK I can't stand. And I LIVE here.

what this guy said ^^

You bumped a 2 year old troll topic to quote someone?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By minigunman123

@Bruxae said:

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Sideslash

@minigunman123 said:

@Bruxae said:

And he quoted one of my alts.

I'm so proud now.

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#139  Edited By dtm1980

@Cubethulhu:

Lol I have a good few friends in the US and I'm in the UK. Believe me, there are a lot of places over there that would be awesome in comparison to this dump and then there are a lot of problems that we seem to share and there are quite a few places in America I wouldn't live. Like apparently there is still a lot of hatred between races with different reasons than we have here. One of my best friends just went to Atlanta Georgia and he said the hatred towards white people was unbelievable on quite a few occasions. And whereas I get on with the majority of people, if not get along like a house on fire, there are some Americans that really go out of their way to hate people for no good reason.

I was friends with one that used to joke about me being a "Redcoat" or at least I took it as a joke otherwise why would he have befriended me, right?! Wrong, he befriended people that he needed to belittle and to make himself look superior. But he was a bigot and the worst kind of patriot. He had that 'fuck the rest of the world, we're the best and we can do what we want' kind of attitude and when he turned that towards me for being English, I put him in his place. The problem is, THAT is what the negative aspect of the US is mostly known for. Bigots. People assuming that their own opinions are all the "facts" they need to put the world to rights... I am now best friends with his younger sister and have it on good information that his family do not associate with him because of his attitude. Which leads us to the fact of the matter. It all just comes down to the universal stereotype and the better majority of people suffer thanks to the idiot minority because of the way the media portrays people as a whole.

I think the best way to look at it is to ignore the hate. Hate isn't an institution, it's the seed of mental illness and it consumes people and their ability to reason. Let the haters run out of steam. Don't give them the arrogance that fuels them. As much as the government and the media think they speak and act for the majority, they don't, and you end up with the feeling that it's you against the world. It's not, otherwise you wouldn't have such a rich heritage and mix of cultures. Just be the best you can be and dont give a damn about why people have the time and energy to hate the USA.

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#140  Edited By dtm1980

Oh and sorry lol I'm not the one that bumped this topic, I had no idea :p

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#141  Edited By ReVamp
  • Many people are close-minded.
  • Many people live in America.
  • Since many people live there, there's bound to be one or ten idiots there.
  • Close Minded people sees someone like... say, the Westboro Baptist Church, and immediately generalizes the whole American population.

There.

America is awesome.

I mean, that's where some great comics come from, so anyone who says otherwise immediately has an invalid argument, lol.

Avatar image for kylegartman1185
kylegartman1185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

Actually, America is now regarded as a hyperpower, not a superpower.

Okay, that is a lie. The US is still the only superpower. That is just the truth.

Avatar image for kylegartman1185
kylegartman1185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF

said:

"

" @WW-Fan said:

Good point. "
Well Obama is helping the world view of America but doesnt seem to be helping a whole lot with the actual people or the United States. Thats just how i feel "

Yeah, I quite like Obama from what I've seen on this side of the pond. But a lot of Americans I talk to really don't. Could be the same for Clinton, I f*#%ing love that guy from what I see on tv. What's was he like for people that actually had to live under him?

You love Obama. LOL

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Remember when you were in high school and there was that cocky jock that sat in the back of the class room. Nobody really liked him but he always got his way. He was the USA.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another shitty bump, but yeah. Its all there in the OP, overconfidence and complete ignorance of the outside world. (for the most part)

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cubethulhu: Well if we're SO perfect... Then why do we need Switzerland bank accounts? (Owned) 0_0

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By INLIFE

Well, my entire family overseas hates the U.S.A. I do not, but that is mostly due to the fact that I don't give a $h!t and all nations are flawed, broken, in their core. Why would I give a crap about a broken nation if the world is broken along with it? Sometimes you just have to let things go and acknowledge that any government out there, whether foreign or yours, is fully willing to kill you in its interests.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#148  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I happen to love my country and what it stands for, obviously or I should not be in the military. Having said that, I am not ignorant enough to think we don't have a lot of work to do on ourselves or that our way of life and though is for everyone. I've had the pleasure of meeting some damn good men and women from other countries in my line of work (Brits and Canadians know how to party...), and none of them who had been to the States have hated it. No, it may not be some place they are clamoring to immigrate to. And yes, they've critiqued it. But hell, so do I. We've turned critiquing this country into something un-patriotic. I think it's patriotic to recognize your homeland's faults, and to have the desire and motivation to improve them.

Just my two cents.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They jelly.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 the_red_viper  Moderator

People HATE the USA? Heh, you don't know the meaning of the word "hate".

With warm regards, from Israel.