#51 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words: Foreign policy

#52 Posted by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps jealousy?

#53 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Arizona gives the rest of the states a bad name!

#54 Posted by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get allergies in Arizona.  : )

#55 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I can't say I hate America (You guys make my comics) But if I were to believe everything I saw on Tv I would have to conclude that America is full of seriously, seriously, seriously stupid racists with superiority complexes. But I don't believe everything I see on TV and instead base my opinions on the Americans I've met (90% of them have been cool people) Though I do sometimes get the impression that America is quite racist.  

But i'd say of all the posts in this thread, Argentino_18, Tesseract  and DarkRaven have probably got the most insight and are in a better position to say than someone like myself.
#56 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" I don't get allergies in Arizona.  : ) "
no you get deported!
#57 Posted by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio
: (
#58 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" i think George Bush has ruined USA image maybe "
Good point. 
#59 Posted by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of Rick Astley.

#60 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Noldor:
the average american is neither right or left wing most people fall inbetween
#61 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" Two words: Foreign policy "
#62 Posted by Shanana (53026 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" @Sha said:
"HAHAHAHA that's funny because your complaining about people hating on America, while hating on other countries as well. If America is so much more better than The Middle East, why are we in such dire need of their oil? If America is so much more better than Asia, why are their banks, helping some of our failing businesses. As for Africa, it's really messed up but that's another story. Canada, is a isolated Country as well as Australia, they might help in wars, but you'll never see them go out on a whim and just start one; They cater to their constituents.  America needs the other countries to thrive just as, they need us, Better I'd say nope. The only thing we have that makes us better than the rest of the world is our Constitution, and even that can be argued. "
To be entirely fair, the world's way of life is dependant on oil to a rediculous extreme. It's actually quite scary, if it were to disappear civilization as he know it would probably go out the window.  Kudos though, you do bring up some good points. "
YAY ME!
#64 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" Two words: Foreign policy "
             Finally, the truth is here.
#65 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

america is full of double standards and hypocrisy as a whole 
individually i find most americans to be immensely  friendly, lovely people and very polite,but quite naive about life outside of america

but ireland aint perfect either 
we are currently the second most in debt country in European union, have a corrupt goverment which is also full of incompetent eejits 
but we also have one of the most highly qualified workforce in the world 

#66 Posted by Cubethulhu (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Silly mortals bickering over land "

Immortals got no room to talk.
#67 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" america is full of double standards and hypocrisy as a whole individually i find most americans to be immensely  friendly, lovely people and very polite,but quite naive about life outside of america but ireland aint perfect either we are currently the second most in debt country in European union, have a corrupt goverment which is also full of incompetent eejits but we also have one of the most highly qualified workforce in the world  "
Well this is not so much the fault of the people as it is the Government and Media who seem to want to stick their noses in everyone's business but only want us to know about some dog who won a cutest puppy ribbon in Arkansas. Like the other day a flood in Hoboken NJ made national news there was probably only like 1,000 US dollars worth of damage. Allot of us do try but it is expensive it means ordering a special newspaper or news station usually
#68 Posted by Cubethulhu (180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Noldor said:
" @Cubethulhu:  My dear, no doubt that the USA is a great nation and country, but it sounds a little bigotry from you to make the assumption that America is better than 90% of the World...better in which parameters? Wealth, income, health insurance, economy, politics, agriculture, art, food etc. Poverty is a matter that scares the whole world, from Africa to Europe, and the fundamentalist from Asia targets USA 'cause it represents the wealth, the demonized version of capitalism...that´s the way of jihad...they are wrong, and there´s nothing good coming out of war and terrorism...but the way the american average people think (republican right wing), like you I presume, that America is the best of tthe entire world, come on, be a little more meek, ok? "

Well part of the joke is 70% of the globe is water about 8% is unliveable and theres about another 5% thats always an active war zone so really the 90% wasn't as bad as you guys think it was -_-.
#69 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause we got Captain America!!! What's the rest of the got?

#70 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
This is why, skip too 4:15.
#71 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the US and will never will any where else but i would like to see other places. I dont think we are any better then alot of other countries. Maybe in some areas we are but definitely not in all of them or even half of them. I think America looks so good sometimes because anyone can come here and make and living and a name for them selves  with a hard work and good ideas. Also America is basically a big mosh of every where else. I no it will never happen but i couldnt be happier if the whole world would stop looking at the world as different countries and more just a one world that all can help each other to accomplish the impossible. It our world came together and shared findings more and cooperated we probably would have landed someone on mars by now.

#72 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Terrible f##king song....
#73 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cubethulhu said:
" Im not hating on anyone, Im just saying atleast we dont have a civil war going on. At least we dont go on a murderous rampage every time are team losses at football. Were not that bad in comparison to alot of places. Were not perfect but we try. Shure we have slipped from are principals but honestly who hasn't? You can nipick any country like that no ones perfect. Im just saying people should be gratefull if they didn't live here they couldn't even complain are they'd be thrown in jail. Atleast I can speak my mind with out and fearing for my life. I just hate how people always point out the bad in America but never the good. Plus when ever someone talks about other places they never bad talk them. People get brainwashed by T.V. and other media into thinking everywhere else is better. I think if people want to complain whine about something that actually does suck. "
your just looking at the bad parts of of the other countries. We've had civil war and people do go on murderous rampages (not for football maybe but still).
#74 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Anyone can come here? Tell that to the Jews that were shipped back home during WWII (before we entered) when they came here to escape persecution from the Nazis. Come to think of it that right there is probably a good reason for some.
#75 Posted by Shanana (53026 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll said:
" Cause we got Captain America!!! What's the rest of the got? "
  • Captain Britain
  • Speedy Gonzales
#76 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: lol not a country fan?

I kinda ment like the here and now. in my life time. (the last 24 yrs). Also did they ship the jews that were official american citizens bc remember hearing we shipped them back during WW2. If you could find that info that would be great.
#77 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: 
By September 1939, approximately 282,000 Jews had left Germany and 117,000 from annexed Austria. Of these, some 95,000 emigrated to the United States, 60,000 to Palestine, 40,000 to Great Britain, and about 75,000 to Central and South America, with the largest numbers entering Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia. More than 18,000 Jews from the German Reich were also able to find refuge in Shanghai, in Japanese-occupied China.  

Found that info below
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005468
#78 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll said:
" Cause we got Captain America!!! What's the rest of the got? " 

I just had to upload this(ROLF):

#79 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: It was Jewish refuges from the war area seeking safety from Nazis, something like 300,000 and we sent them back.
#80 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: We cant give them all refuge.
#81 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: We've done a lot of shitty stuff over the years including in recent memory but it wasn't our country that did it it was heads of state. We also have a large number of white supremacist groups in our country. I like America for what it stands for not for what it does, big difference.
#82 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: 
I understand and i agree with you totally
#83 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

there is no where like here.  As much as we are losing there is no other place you can prosper as you can then here with the freedoms we have.  Look at how many people are moving here and for what reasons.  Only place remotely close is Amsterdam and it's got it's own problems.
#84 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate. 

#85 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Americans think they are better than everyone...and sadly enough we're not even close.Do the research.Even third world countries sh#t on us academically.... "
that's very true
#86 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

#87 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we're more advanced than other places but the only thing i hate about America is how many Foreigners they let in or sneak in we are very over populated and not being racist but every time i go out i see more foreigners than straight up american's so we need to cut back on that. 

#88 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @DEGRAAF: I like America for what it stands for not for what it does, big difference. "
I like this statement.
It reminds me of something Superman would say. ::D
#89 Posted by Edamame (28171 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, America is now regarded as a hyperpower, not a superpower. 

#90 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@brendon277 said:
" Well we're more advanced than other places but the only thing i hate about America is how many Foreigners they let in or sneak in we are very over populated and not being racist but every time i go out i see more foreigners than straight up american's so we need to cut back on that.  "
Wasn't America stolen from it's original inhabitants though? :P

@Vortex13 said:
" @DEGRAAF: We've done a lot of shitty stuff over the years including in recent memory but it wasn't our country that did it it was heads of state. We also have a large number of white supremacist groups in our country. I like America for what it stands for not for what it does, big difference. "
Please don't go thinkin' I'm an a@@ here. More a sort of phylosophical thing I suppose but is there a point where what some thing is supposed to stand for is canceled out by what it does?

@goldenkey said:
" there is no where like here.  As much as we are losing there is no other place you can prosper as you can then here with the freedoms we have.  Look at how many people are moving here and for what reasons.  Only place remotely close is Amsterdam and it's got it's own problems. "
I'd have to say most of western Europe and Autrailia are probably on the same level. Canada too.
#91 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gylan Thomas: What America stands for is an idea that all men are equal (women included) everyone has the right to believe what they want and freedom from hatred or ignorance. That is a damn good think to like or believe in. As for it's action negating that I don't believe it does because in my opinion what America is/does is not what the ideal is. We parted ways with the true American dream a looooooooong time ago, almost right away, but the Idea is still there. Though if anyone in our county claims we're all still that well they should be shot for their stupidity because like I said we parted ways with the idea so no you're not free to believe what you want =P.
#92 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

its the general belief of what you americans are not the true facts but the negative stereotypes, honestly i know quite a few americans having stayed in washington for a year (glad to be back in bc) and you aint that bad.

#93 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio

the way i look at it. we have some of the most rediculously attractive women on earth. the US, Brazil and Russia are like the big three of gorgeous ladies. while you can easily point out people from other countries who are also rediculously hot, the big three get the most publicity. maybe if other countries hotties were getting similar press they might not hate us as much. at least it couldn't hurt to try.

#94 Posted by mavfan626 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

#95 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of the dumb ass people, we allow to lead us!
#96 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

tbh, look at the people on TV in America. Everyone else looks at America from a TV or through the Internet. That is where foreigners get their impression of your country from. 

Seriously, The View, what the f#ck is that sh#t?

#97 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
"tbh, look at the people on TV in America. Everyone else looks at America from a TV or through the Internet. That is where foreigners get their impression of your country from.   Seriously, The View, what the f#ck is that sh#t? "

LOL... Yeah I can see someone watching UPN or Jerry Springer and being like WTF. What is wrong with them, are they retarded?
#98 Posted by Bio Guyver (6853 posts) - - Show Bio

Look around you, and you'll find the answers. Think from a foreigner's perspective.

#99 Posted by Lunacyde (19129 posts) - - Show Bio

Jealousy :)

#100 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America says. "Love America, or I will kill you!" 

And Apollo Creed says. "Love America, or Captain America is going to kill your ass!"