#1 Posted by Cubethulhu (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me?
#2 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cubethulhu said:

"Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me? "

Theres your reason right there champ, tad bit of overconfidence. Our country does a lot of things subpared when compared to the rest of the world. 
 I mean live here in the states and I know it has plenty of problems, ranging from education in schools really falling behind compared to other countries, violence(well everywhere in the states, you know theres some places you can leave your door unlocked, theres a lot of places you simply can't), racism(Take a good look at some of the signs outside Washington atm), media that doesn't cover real news at times(Occasionally making news up out of no where for propaganda), 5 % of Americans making more than the other 95% combined(Yay for capitalism:P) and such.   
It's really not hard to find the flaws here and there.

Oddly enough I still don't see myself living anywhere else, though I could think of a couple of scary scenarios that might motivate me to leave the country.
Inb4"youjusthateamerica!"nonsensepost. :P
#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" @Cubethulhu said:

"Seriously everyone I talk to about America complians about how much we suck. They always say that everywhere else is way better. This makes me laugh. To be honest America is better than a good 90% of the world. I mean were better than most places in Africa and the middle east. Were better than most of Asia you know beacuse there a bunch of dirty communist. Plus were way bettwer than Canada and Austrilla. The only place I can think of that might be better are some places in the U.K.. I think if you hate america so much you should get out. Who's with me? "

Theres your reason right there champ, tad bit of overconfidence. Our country does a lot of things subpared when compared to the rest of the world. 
 I mean live here in the states and I know it has plenty of problems, ranging from education in schools really falling behind compared to other countries, violence(well everywhere in the states, you know theres some places you can leave your door unlocked, theres a lot of places you simply can't), racism(Take a good look at some of the signs outside Washington atm), media that doesn't cover real news at times(Occasionally making news up out of no where for propaganda), 5 % of Americans making more than the other 95% combined(Yay for capitalism:P) and such.   
It's really not hard to find the flaws here and there.

Oddly enough I still don't see myself living anywhere else, though I could think of a couple of scary scenarios that might motivate me to leave the country.
Inb4"youjusthateamerica!"nonsensepost. :P "
#4 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHA that's funny because your complaining about people hating on America, while hating on other countries as well. If America is so much more better than The Middle East, why are we in such dire need of their oil? If America is so much more better than Asia, why are their banks, helping some of our failing businesses. As for Africa, it's really messed up but that's another story. Canada, is a isolated Country as well as Australia, they might help in wars, but you'll never see them go out on a whim and just start one; They cater to their constituents.  America needs the other countries to thrive just as, they need us, Better I'd say nope. The only thing we have that makes us better than the rest of the world is our Constitution, and even that can be argued.

#5 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sha said:
"HAHAHAHA that's funny because your complaining about people hating on America, while hating on other countries as well. If America is so much more better than The Middle East, why are we in such dire need of their oil? If America is so much more better than Asia, why are their banks, helping some of our failing businesses. As for Africa, it's really messed up but that's another story. Canada, is a isolated Country as well as Australia, they might help in wars, but you'll never see them go out on a whim and just start one; They cater to their constituents.  America needs the other countries to thrive just as, they need us, Better I'd say nope. The only thing we have that makes us better than the rest of the world is our Constitution, and even that can be argued. "

To be entirely fair, the world's way of life is dependant on oil to a rediculous extreme. It's actually quite scary, if it were to disappear civilization as he know it would probably go out the window.  
Kudos though, you do bring up some good points.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Americans think they are better than everyone...and sadly enough we're not even close.Do the research.Even third world countries sh#t on us academically....

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate America. I just don't get certain things about the policies, like the gun policy. But on the other hand i'm sure many Americans won't understand the Dutch policy about legalizing soft drugs and the red light district either. So I believe it comes from assumptions and simply ignorance from both sides. And this isn't just America but the same goes for Asia, Russia etc. 

However, by making statements that America is better than 90% of the world you're basically just fuelling the negative feelings about America.

#8 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

In South america USA is hated for a hell lot of reasons 
1. They put pressure on our feeble economy 
2. They Think they are the owners of the world, so if the Mercosur (like the EU but from south America) wants to do something they appear and bitch around telling that's bad for the economy, 'couse is bad to them. 
3. USA is the reason of several dictatorships in the 60's and 70's 'couse the CIA didnt wanted communism to enroot South America, so they orchestrated some of the most terryfing goverments in South America history and even know the wounds made by this still dont close... 

#9 Posted by Cubethulhu (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not hating on anyone, Im just saying atleast we dont have a civil war going on. At least we dont go on a murderous rampage every time are team losses at football. Were not that bad in comparison to alot of places. Were not perfect but we try. Shure we have slipped from are principals but honestly who hasn't? You can nipick any country like that no ones perfect. Im just saying people should be gratefull if they didn't live here they couldn't even complain are they'd be thrown in jail. Atleast I can speak my mind with out and fearing for my life. I just hate how people always point out the bad in America but never the good. Plus when ever someone talks about other places they never bad talk them. People get brainwashed by T.V. and other media into thinking everywhere else is better. I think if people want to complain whine about something that actually does suck.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cubethulhu said:
" Im not hating on anyone, Im just saying atleast we dont have a civil war going on. At least we dont go on a murderous rampage every time are team losses at football. Were not that bad in comparison to alot of places. Were not perfect but we try. Shure we have slipped from are principals but honestly who hasn't? You can nipick any country like that no ones perfect. Im just saying people should be gratefull if they didn't live here they couldn't even complain are they'd be thrown in jail. Atleast I can speak my mind with out and fearing for my life. I just hate how people always point out the bad in America but never the good. Plus when ever someone talks about other places they never bad talk them. People get brainwashed by T.V. and other media into thinking everywhere else is better. I think if people want to complain whine about something that actually does suck. "
Why do you even care what people think.If America is so awesome let everyone else remain in their sh#tty countries and talk sh#t.It doesn't matter what country you live in..someone is going to hate one where you live.We do that in this country to other states and people from other states..and we make fun of other countries as well.
Moderator Online
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

the reason the wporld hates us is because some of our citizens act like the rest of the world should bow down and kiss our asses, in truth there is some stuff we do better than alot of countries and some stuff we do worse but when you get down to it aside from third world countries most places are pretty similar the crime rate varies from place to place while our crime rate is higher than japan's its about the same as russia's so basically we're a normal country we just have some people who live here who think we have the right to tell other countries how to be and people hate that

#12 Posted by NightFang (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

People are gonna hate, just live with it.

#13 Posted by .Riddick. (632 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH I like USA. UK I can't stand. And I LIVE here.

#14 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

i like USA too. 

but perhaps, people hate because of insecurities.

#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in the UK and HATE AMERICAN!

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope people saw that as a TROLL.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the United States of America. Sure, it has its share of problems, but all countries do. Btw, I don't live there.

#18 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Some countries just need to be more modest. Saying you're the best is a big reason for people hating. Don't get me wrong there are parts of American I don't like my self, but there are a lot of parts of England I don't like. Just the way it is. You can't have everything your own way. And the quicker everyone realises that, the quick we can become a nation of Earth not separate.
Why separate when the one thing we need to do to live is combined.

#19 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:

" Some countries just need to be more modest. Saying you're the best is a big reason for people hating. Don't get me wrong there are parts of American I don't like my self, but there are a lot of parts of England I don't like. Just the way it is. You can't have everything your own way. And the quicker everyone realises that, the quick we can become a nation of Earth not separate. Why separate when the one thing we need to do to live is combined. "

Exactly, then we can eliminate the greatest injustice in the history of divided nations...

REGION LOCKED DVDS.
#20 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in the US and I'm glad, I'm proud to be an American. I think we have a f##k load of problems that other countries look down at us for and it's valid.  I do not think we are the best country in the world but I do like living here. I think most people that do hate us, hate us because we're fat.

#21 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
" Some countries just need to be more modest. Saying you're the best is a big reason for people hating. Don't get me wrong there are parts of American I don't like my self, but there are a lot of parts of England I don't like. Just the way it is. You can't have everything your own way. And the quicker everyone realises that, the quick we can become a nation of Earth not separate. Why separate when the one thing we need to do to live is combined. "
Exactly, then we can eliminate the greatest injustice in the history of dtvided nations...  REGION LOCKED DVDS. "
No, regionally locked Blu-Rays!!
#22 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
   @Supreme Marvel said:
LMAO, Yes!
#23 Posted by Tesseract (872 posts) - - Show Bio

America bombed my country and targeted alot of civilian objects so i have a good reason to feel some hostility towards America...

#24 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tesseract: Yes you do.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:

Exactly, then we can eliminate the greatest injustice in the history of divided nations...  REGION LOCKED DVDS. "
Get an Xbox360 like everyone else.
Moderator Online
#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

That OP made me sooo proud to be an American.......... -_-
Staff
#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tesseract said:
"America bombed my country and targeted alot of civilian objects so i have a good reason to feel some hostility towards America... "

Sorry to hear that. If it counts for anything, a lot of us really don't like the way our military operates in foreign countries =( 

Then again, there's almost an equal amount who call those people "unpatriotic" for having the "nerve" to question our military =/
Staff
#28 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate is a primordial emotion and since everyone is trying to be friendly around the world all that unreleased potential has to be projected somewhere, and that somewhere just happens to be .... the USA.

#29 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Silly mortals bickering over land

#30 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

I like US .

#31 Posted by inferiorego (23084 posts) - - Show Bio

I love everywhere.

Staff
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

God Bless America.And Nowhere else.

Moderator Online
#33 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Nobody is bickering over land, we're saying why people hate America, it's because we're fat asses.
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
"I love everywhere. "

Even Gas Station bathrooms?
Staff
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Nobody is bickering over land, we're saying why people hate America, it's because we're fat asses. "
Speak for yourself.YOU'RE A FAT ASS.Not Vance Astrovik.I am perfect in every way.
Moderator Online
#36 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Vortex13 said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Nobody is bickering over land, we're saying why people hate America, it's because we're fat asses. "
Speak for yourself.YOU'RE A FAT ASS.Not Vance Astrovik.I am perfect in every way. "

HE WILL BREAK YOU!
Staff
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Vortex13 said:
Speak for yourself.YOU'RE A FAT ASS.Not Vance Astrovik.I am perfect in every way. "
HE WILL BREAK YOU! "
Bane beat him to it.
Moderator Online
#38 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: I'd post a picture of my shirtless but I'm pretty sure people would start puking lol. I'm really not fat overweight sure but not fat, but I'm pale and hairy so yea like I said puking.
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @Vance Astro: I'd post a picture of my shirtless but I'm pretty sure people would start puking lol. I'm really not fat overweight sure but not fat, but I'm pale and hairy so yea like I said puking. "
I would post a picture of me with my shirt off my i'm afraid you'd climax....
Moderator Online
#40 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cubethulhu 

Like a lot of other poster on this thread I think you almost answered your own question with all that "we're better than...." stuff. 

I personally don't hate america and believe 'hate' is a very strong term. 

Every country has it's bad points and good points and most people tend to feel quite patriotic towards there own home. I can see you do. I could point out a few areas in any country where there's room for improvement and where they're doing well.

I'm very lucky. I'm from an entirely Irish background but born in England and don't really consider myself a true son of either nation. This gives me a very open minded view when it comes to patriotism and my outlook on other nations. 

I would be interested to know where the places in the UK you refer to are.  

Possible you're being it all a little personally. 

Thanks

#41 Posted by Tesseract (872 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Tesseract said:
"America bombed my country and targeted alot of civilian objects so i have a good reason to feel some hostility towards America... "

Sorry to hear that. If it counts for anything, a lot of us really don't like the way our military operates in foreign countries =(  Then again, there's almost an equal amount who call those people "unpatriotic" for having the "nerve" to question our military =/ "
No, I dont blame everyone in America, I understand that not every person in your country is responsible for it....I dont hate Americans in general....certain people, dont like  so much..
#42 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people don't hate the USA, we just lie saying we do to be popular :P

#43 Edited by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Supreme Marvel said:

Exactly, then we can eliminate the greatest injustice in the history of divided nations...  REGION LOCKED DVDS. "
Get an Xbox360 like everyone else. "
Or A PS3 from Japan =D
#44 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: LMAO!
#45 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i love USA :)
#46 Posted by Dark Noldor (547 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cubethulhu:  My dear, no doubt that the USA is a great nation and country, but it sounds a little bigotry from you to make the assumption that America is better than 90% of the World...better in which parameters? Wealth, income, health insurance, economy, politics, agriculture, art, food etc. Poverty is a matter that scares the whole world, from Africa to Europe, and the fundamentalist from Asia targets USA 'cause it represents the wealth, the demonized version of capitalism...that´s the way of jihad...they are wrong, and there´s nothing good coming out of war and terrorism...but the way the american average people think (republican right wing), like you I presume, that America is the best of tthe entire world, come on, be a little more meek, ok?
#47 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Because we have food, we have water, we are wealthy, we are free and we are sexy... And many countries can't be ;P

#48 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like and I do not hate U.S.A....I believe that USA should not be judged as a state or by her external polices, but from multiple (above 50) perspectives...I believe that a Hawaiian, compared to Alaskan has a different point of view and a way of life, therefore I believe that the USA and Americans should not view themselves through nationalistic unity, but through ethnic diversity and tolerance... But the bad perspective that most countries have towards Americans stems from American companies operating abroad that apply double standards between Americans (providing them a better pay and social and human rights) and non-Americans (Where priority of economical profit yields through exploitation of workers not providing them the rights and pay that they provide their own people) ....How you noticed those labels that say made in Taiwan, China, Cambodia? Or did you know how many factories Nike has in the world? I did not believe it when I found out...None, zilch, nadda...All those high quality snickers come from underpaid overused third world workers to maximize the profit of "multi-national" American companies the way  they could not back home...
   I do not mean to to offend anyone, I am not an American (I'm a Third-Worlder), I do not wear Nike (only because it is 60% more expensive were I come from then in the USA)...I do wear, however "Pro Touch" and yes  they are made in Cambodia....
  What I am saying is, America, only 5% of your people makes you look bad...Isn't that Ironic?  

#49 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i think George Bush has ruined USA image maybe
#50 Posted by starman1994 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Viva La Mexico