• 0 results
#1 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people click on a thread and end up posting nothing. Its like they just visit the thread to see the pictures or something. Obviously if you clicked on it you should have some knowledge of the matchup, so why not just post your opinion. What makes you leave a thread? I recently designed one all pretty like and with pictures of everything and have yet to recieve posts. Whats wrong with the threads, why do you yourself click on a page and then just leave?

#2 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

I don't get why people click on a thread and end up posting nothing. Its like they just visit the thread to see the pictures or something. Obviously if you clicked on it you should have some knowledge of the matchup, so why not just post your opinion. What makes you leave a thread? I recently designed one all pretty like and with pictures of everything and have yet to recieve posts. Whats wrong with the threads, why do you yourself click on a page and then just leave?

Word! That makes me mad unless it's a battle that hits more than 1,00 views.

#3 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Just out of spite you're gonna have 3,000 views with 5 comments.

But seriously, It's usually because the person thought the thread would have something to do with something else Or the thread was so vague that the person had to see what It was about. Or finally you have the hop on's, those are people who just want to be in the middle of a popularizing thread.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23127 posts) - - Show Bio

But seriously, It's usually because the person thought the thread would have something to do with something else Or the thread was so vague that the person had to see what It was about. Or finally you have the hop on's, those are people who just want to be in the middle of a popularizing thread.

exactly this, when I do it, it's usually because a thread isn't exactly what it seems, for instance if I see 

"Captain America beats Superman" I would assume it would be a wacky instance in where Cap in some instance won against supes in a fight, when in actuality it's just the OP stating why he likes Cap more than Supes.
#5 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

*looks at thread. doesn't feel like commenting and leaves*

#6 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, it's almost as if people like reading threads! Who would of thought, huh?

#8 Edited by Illuminatus (9492 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people don't always feel the need to comment on the thread's topic for a variety of reasons. I'm sure you've done it yourself.

#9 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

When I click on a thread, sometimes I find I have something meaningful to add, other times I don't. If everything I wanted to say has already been said, I have no reason to be redundant. Besides, sometimes I just enjoy reading other comments on a particular topic.

#10 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

When I click on a thread, sometimes I find I have something meaningful to add, other times I don't. If everything I wanted to say has already been said, I have no reason to be redundant. Besides, sometimes I just enjoy reading other comments on a particular topic.

Precisely. There are only so many things to say on any given topic, but you can't know what's been said until viewing the thread.

#11 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe we should ask the 42 users who didn't comment on this thread :P

#12 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they didn't have anything to say.

#13 Posted by nickthedevil (11598 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the secret conspiracy against you forming... They want you to know that they are watching your every activity.

#14 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

exactly this, when I do it, it's usually because a thread isn't exactly what it seems, for instance if I see "Captain America beats Superman" I would assume it would be a wacky instance in where Cap in some instance won against supes in a fight, when in actuality it's just the OP stating why he likes Cap more than Supes.

my thread did not even hit 8 posts. Its the Thanos vs Emotional Spectrum one. I took so much time and effort finding those pice of those rainbow monsters. So why didn't anyone post? should I put more pictures?

#15 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

i had "boobs" in the title of my threads and I gotten a few thousand views.

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Because sometimes they don't know what to say.

And sometimes the thread they clicked on was stupid and not worth their time.

#17 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

So why click on it in the first place? Its more effort to click on a page, scroll down, click on the next page. then move the cursor up to the back button. Why not just scroll down, type in the opinion and leave, the battles button is closer to you than the back button anyways...

#18 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

i had "boobs" in the title of my threads and I gotten a few thousand views.

Seriously? Man, now I want to create a "boobs" thread....

m99

#19 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@The Poet said:

So why click on it in the first place? Its more effort to click on a page, scroll down, click on the next page. then move the cursor up to the back button. Why not just scroll down, type in the opinion and leave, the battles button is closer to you than the back button anyways...

that was a joke...someone beat me to explaining anyway...

#20 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

I clicked on it earlier then left. Only commenting now to let you know that.

#21 Posted by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

There are way too many answers to your question...

#22 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#23 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

lol

lawllwalwalwalawwalwlalwal

#24 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

XD

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

LMFAO.

#26 Posted by _Zombie_ (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

Pfffffftttt.

#27 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I do it all the time like you open it up this is gonna be a good discussion then you realize that the discussion has

A Become a troll fest

B Been diluted by idiots

or C You have nothing to add to the thread so why bother

#28 Posted by whacknasty (5605 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I clicked on it earlier then left. Only commenting now to let you know that.

Lol

#29 Posted by VictorGrey (13428 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaving....

#30 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

I do such things all the time and my reasons are these:

1. The battle is boring or has dumb rules.
  2. See the other posts and I realize that I don't have to post stuff that everybody has already posted.
  3. The tittle of the thread seemed more interesting that the thread itself.
  4. I lose my motivation, once I see the thread.
  5. I dissagree with most of the posts in the whole thread.
#31 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

BECAUSE I'M THE GODDANM BATMAN! THAT'S WHY!

#32 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

LOL.
#33 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes people might be ignorant *gasp* want to know the opinion of more educated Viners. For instance, if there's a battle thread between Iron Man and Spawn it would be stupid for me to argue in that thread because I've never read Spawn comics. I might be curious to know which one would win, though.

#34 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes because we want to comment until we see what others have already said. Then we realize the thread is just not worth the time.

#35 Posted by Murder_2120 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: I usually just lurk because this forum limits you to a certain amount of post a day. So, I'll save my post for a really good topic where I can actually discuss it.

Damn it.. I wasted another post =(

#36 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly don't know. There could be a variety of reasons.

m99

#37 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9956 posts) - - Show Bio

People can only leave nice comments on the internet for so long. Eventually, they all go through their troll phase (Idk why people think that's cool but whatever). People who view threads and leave either don't have anything relevant to say or are just being mature. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

#38 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (645 posts) - - Show Bio

I like reading the comments. And I usually don't have anything good to offer back.

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why...but it makes me angry when there are like 1,000 views and only 6 comments...

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Let's help him out by commenting!!!!

#41 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I have nothing to add, but now I feel bad not saying something....

#42 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#43 Posted by ARMIV2 (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't think of anything to post it here.

#44 Edited by Owie (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of times people have already said what I was going to say (like they have said this exact statement above, for instance).

Also, I may not know a lot about the characters, but I am interested in learning about them, so I read it.

Or I may think I am interested in commenting because of the title, but upon reading the OP in detail, I realize it's not what I thought.

(Although I am with you in spirit here, as someone who has made many battles that have taken forever to make, and have garnered little response. But I already know my problem is that the characters are too obscure and/or the battles are too complicated for most people, and I'm OK with that.)

#45 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17588 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes i look on a thread and dont feel like commenting on it for whatever reason.

#47 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

A lot of times people have already said what I was going to say (like they have said this exact statement above, for instance).

Also, I may not know a lot about the characters, but I am interested in learning about them, so I read it.

Or I may think I am interested in commenting because of the title, but upon reading the OP in detail, I realize it's not what I thought.

(Although I am with you in spirit here, as someone who has made many battles that have taken forever to make, and have garnered little response. But I already know my problem is that the characters are too obscure and/or the battles are too complicated for most people, and I'm OK with that.)

this

#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one of the reasons I click on a thread is because I'm very clumsy with the mouse. For instance, I meant to click on the Mighty Mouse vs Strontium Dog thread when I viewed this, so it falls along disappointment and "Why, god? Why!"

Otherwise, if I have nothing to say about a topic because it's all been said and done or it bores me to tears then... yeah.

#49 Posted by TheBully_ (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Either they are lazy, stupid, or they thought it was something different.

#50 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they have nothing worthwhile adding.