Why do people think Vegeta didn't die from the earth exploding?

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DBZ fans seem to think that an increase in ki automatically means an increase in durability(ie. Super Saiyan transformations),but this was never stated in the manga or the anime.It was stated abd shown in the manga and the anime that Super Saiyan transformations give an increase in strength,strike force,speed,and overall destructive power and or potential but it has never been stated to increase durability.Now of course there are different forms of durability in DBZ and super Saiyan transformations two increase durability in two of these forms.The first is durability to blunt force attacks which of course increases with there power level,the second is ki resistance which of course increases there resistance to ki as their power levels go up,and the third is planet level durability which only a handful of DBZ villains.Goku and Vegeta may have surpassed Frieza in speed and power by a long shot but it is frieza and his species physiology that allows them to survive theost horrific injuries.Think about it,cooler survived going into the sun but broly was killed,frieza survived a planet blowing up on him but Vegeta died.Now guys in no way am I bashing DBZ, I love dbz but certain things just don't make sense and I would love to hear your opinions.So guys let me know.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gods can breef in space maybe?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a theory that the SSJ forms make one more durable, allowing for more power output with less harm to oneself. This would explain why Mystic Gohan doesn't need to go SSJ, he's already durable enough in base form to use his maximum power.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we simply don't know how he died. It could have been from the explosion or it could have been from suffocation. It wasn't shown.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizel: Broly is movie only for mow,if you know what I mean.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to see if anyone said

"Because he didn't"

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't

But that's all I'll say

I won't take your bait

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your a DBZ hater

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Cause he's their Husbano

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Because they don't understand that durability is not the solution to all problems.

1. Vegeta is definitely capable of surviving the explosion - heck, first form frieza, final form frieza devoid of any ki, cut in three pieces and severely beaten down still tank exploding planets. Durability is not the problem at all.

2. What goku/vegeta do not have is the ability to survive space - without oxygen and what not. It was made clear by frieza in his own arc, and it was confirmed by whis in the movie - the question of surviving came down to ability to survive space.

Also: I am simply going off the title - OP is.. lacking paragraphs for a start. Tl; Dr.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: flagged again.

If you continue to post in threads i already post in, there will be consequences.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josteinfleurme65: I honestly don't think it matters. He could be durable enough because of the form he is in, but then suffocated. It was a 4 second scene lol. I don't think there should really be that many debates over the rules of this character who's limits are unknown....

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: But you must understand,it was not ki that allowed frieza to survive,it was hjs physiology.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: I understand and I respect your opinion,it was just never implied to increase his durability.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: But you must understand,it was not ki that allowed frieza to survive,it was hjs physiology.

of course. That's exactly what makes the entire ordeal so impressive. If he had any ki left, one could argue 'he used ki to defend himself' - but here, he did it just with the durability of his body.

That's what made super saiyan goku's punches and physical durability so incredibly impressive.

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By w0nd

@josteinfleurme65 said:

@w0nd: I understand and I respect your opinion,it was just never implied to increase his durability.

you're right, but it's hard to say that didn't either. I mean he casually strolled throw a blast that was intended to kill him right...what ever the reason may be, and then in his weakened depowered form he blew up the planet. Why didn't he just do that right off the bat? Why use a weaker attack to kill vegeta?

if vegeta could handle his golden attacks should he be able to withstand the planet blowing up too? or react fast enough to do something. It wasnt an instantaneous explosion, he probably could have out flew it....but then he would suffocate i guess. Either way he dead

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Once again there is a huge difference,Goku's punches are concentrated on one point of friezas body while the planet bust is everywhere,just because Goku's punches hurt him doesn't necessarily mean they did more damage,it's essentially the force of the blast dispersed vs. the force of the punch concentrated.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Once again there is a huge difference,Goku's punches are concentrated on one point of friezas body while the planet bust is everywhere,just because Goku's punches hurt him doesn't necessarily mean they did more damage,it's essentially the force of the blast dispersed vs. the force of the punch concentrated.

Huh, goku is hitting a full power a very healthy frieza with maximum ki. Frieza who took the explosion had his internal organs exposed and had no ki left to amp his durability..

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: That of which you are describing is blunt force durability and ki resistance.To answer your second question,PLOT.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: That of which you are describing is blunt force durability and ki resistance.To answer your second question,PLOT.

i was just trying to see the other side of the argument lol. I honestly think he would be killed.

Same reason he tried to impale goku on a sharp rock...because unlike superman they aren't invulnerable.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I mentioned this in my paragraph below my title,that is blunt force durability,totally different from planet exploding durability.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Nice to know where you stand.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I mentioned this in my paragraph below my title,that is blunt force durability,totally different from planet exploding durability.

'planet exploding' deals a good amount of blunt force anyway.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Josteinfleurme65

@princearagorn1: But also huge amounts of heat and pressure hitting every corner of friezas body.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1: Bu also huge amounts of heat and pressure hitting every corner of friezas body.

pressure is blunt force, but yes, a good amount of heat.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Which we can both agree did most of the damage,(I'm talking about the heat).

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He died because he can't breath in space and durability had absolutely nothing to do with it since Vegeta would have easily survived the explosion.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: you know that thing in dbz where the higher your power level the less damage ki attacks do to you like cooler and broly tanking point blank kamehamehas with no damage.

jadenyuki02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignore the fanboys, he did died.

Vegeta is a joke fighter.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: But how do you KNOW that?

Because he would've easily survived the explosion and it has been stated that Goku and Vegeta can't breathe in space.

@knightsofdarkness2: you know that thing in dbz where the higher your power level the less damage ki attacks do to you like cooler and broly tanking point blank kamehamehas with no damage.

I know but that has nothing to do with the discussion since Vegeta would've survived the explosion with relative ease anyway. It's just that he can't breathe in space yet which is why he died.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By YodaPrime

@josteinfleurme65 said:

love dbz but certain things just don't make sense and I would love to hear your opinions.So guys let me know.

A lot of things won't make sense about this series if you take it apart. That's one of the trademarks of the series. It's not really meant to. Even most of the names are jokes and puns.

Anyway, ABC works fine in this series. If "A" can survive ___ explosion/attack/hit, and "B" is stronger than "A," Then "B" can survive whatever as well. Barring some special circumstances (and plot) such as Spirit Bombs.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: Once again it is NEVER stated in any official or unofficial sources that Super Saiyan transformations even ones that give the user GODLY KI increase concussive explosion durability in any way,now I don't know for certain what killed Vegeta only Toriyama knows,but in my personal opinion I think it was the explosion amd there is NO evidence otherwise.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: It is all about Physiology not ki level so in the durability section abc logic falls short.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers