Why do people hate wealthy criminals, but feel pity for gangs?

• 114 results
HankKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HankKi

I mean people hate drug lords like Guzman, and such.. but say 'aw...look at these poor babies in the MS-13 and Crips'...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't pity gangs at all, they're all criminals in my book.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Gangs are slightly more pitied because a large portion of people live or have lived in brutal areas where the only place to survive is in gangs. Drug Lords steal, but in general anybody who makes more money than you do is hated because they have something you don't.

Personally, I hate both. They give ethnic groups bad names, prevent kids from becoming something in the future (going to school, etc.) and help inspire crime instead of prevent it.

Oh, and drugs suck.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

I have no sympathy for any criminals

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nick_hero22

@joshmightbe said:

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Who said I pitied gangs?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By agent9149

I have absolutely NO PITY FOR GANGS NOPE NOPE NOPE if you lived in nyc you will know why...their stupid, unnecessary, and just cause more problems than solve them, and not to mention they suck vulnerable youths in and ruin their lives

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

I have pity for the youths who blindly joined a gang, to feel cool, were pressured, bad family life, etc. However, I do not in any way excuse their actions, but compared to a Wealthy criminal, a run away kid, or a group of misguided uneducated young adults are just more easily pardoned for their crimes. Not all gang members fit that discription, but some have some sort of excuse versus a man or woman who is wealthy and has none.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VictorGrey

@joshmightbe said:

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@VictorGrey said:

@joshmightbe said:

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

It's easy for you to say "ALL CRIMINALS ARE BAD IN MY BOOK!" When you have never had to kill to survive or steal to keep your children fed or join a gang because that's the only way to have someone watch your back in a world where anyone can kill you for the simplest of reasons. I make no excuses for criminals, but I understand what it's like and I do in fact pity them because I was raised around this my whole childhood. It's one thing to hear and see this stuff on the news, but to experience it is a whole different story.

Wealthy Criminals? Their crimes are usually centered around money laundering or embezzlement. Pure and untainted greed.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_

Is this the Korea guy...?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

I always laugh at those that say they had no other options cause guess what McDonald's is always hiring and if you're hard up enough to consider robbing people you are not above flipping burgers. I've been in situations before where I had trouble making sure I got to eat every day, my solution was simple I got what ever job I could get and volunteered for as many hours as they'd give me. I was still broke all the time and didn't have everything I would've liked to have but I had what I needed to live and I didn't have to make anyone else suffer for it.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SandMan_
@joshmightbe said:

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Who pities gangs? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_

@joshmightbe said:

I always laugh at those that say they had no other options cause guess what McDonald's is always hiring and if you're hard up enough to consider robbing people you are not above flipping burgers. I've been in situations before where I had trouble making sure I got to eat every day, my solution was simple I got what ever job I could get and volunteered for as many hours as they'd give me. I was still broke all the time and didn't have everything I would've liked to have but I had what I needed to live and I didn't have to make anyone else suffer for it.

Respect.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I watched dozens of my friends and relatives screw up their lives selling drugs and robbing people while the talked shit to me for working fast food, but you know what if you really care about your kids you'll teach them to do what they gotta do to get by without hurting anyone and not getting themselves locked up.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@joshmightbe said:

Exactly. Big cities = lots and lots and lots of fast food places and Wal-Marts, and other places that hire constantly. There so much more you can do instead of killing each others and continuing the never ending loop of getting families hooked on drugs and ruining lives in other ways.

Stay in school and do good. Go to a tech school. No money for school? Student loans. My brother is in debt with student loans and won't full pay them off til he is in his 50's, but he is living in a decent house and makes 35$ an hour thanks to going to school.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vortex13

I've applied for work with a few local gangs and I'm hopeful that I can get with the Russian mob. They seem to have the best health coverage. Of course that's like my dream gang to work for. Fingers crossed!

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vortex13

@Mercy_: HOLY S##T! You're a moderator now? When did that happen? Geez ya leave for a few weeks and ya miss stuff. Oh well.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@joshmightbe said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I watched dozens of my friends and relatives screw up their lives selling drugs and robbing people while the talked shit to me for working fast food, but you know what if you really care about your kids you'll teach them to do what they gotta do to get by without hurting anyone and not getting themselves locked up.

I was raised by my parents to always turn the other cheek and to always put other people before me and all that other good stuff. I have only fought once in all of high school and it was to defend myself and i'm proud of myself for overcoming the odds, but if it werent for my parents i have no idea where I would be. In these areas things aren't so black and white. Not everyone has a mother and a father who are there for them and are willing to raise them to be honest human beings. Sometimes these kids are raised into gangs, other times there peers force them into it. I'm glad that you managed to do what you had to do to live an honest life, but not everyone is raised into that mindset.

Avatar image for kermit_da_hermit
Kermit_da_Hermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kermit_da_Hermit

Watts.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mercy_

@Vortex13: About a week and a half :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I wasn't raised into that mindset I choose to rise above my crappy upbringing

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Mercy_ said:

@Vortex13: About a week and a half :)

Congratulations! I just noticed that too...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I love gangs!!! Especially the one with the hot redhead and the talking dog : )

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vortex13

@Mercy_: @Mercy_: Congrats! you also have way more wiki points and post than me yet I have been here for like over four years now. In conclusion you rock and I apparently suck lol.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@joshmightbe said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I wasn't raised into that mindset I choose to rise above my crappy upbringing

All I know is if it weren't for my anchors and the perfect outcomes that led to me believing in what I believe in and knowing what I know, I wouldn't be the same guy I am today. I probably would still be stuck in the slums of LA with no job and no education slinging on the corner to support my babies mama.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KnightRise

I dont tolerate gang members, but I understand them. Any one caught up in gang activity is usually part of the cycle of poverty, ignorance, and violence. Its not OK, and there are plenty of other opportunities, but I see why someone in that situation would attach themselves to a gang or drug dealing before trying something harder and legal. I feel the same way about racism. If thats the way you were raised, I understand and its not entirely your fault, but remaining that way after you can make decisions its completely your fault. Violent crime, robbery, and drug activity are sickening (OK, dealing drugs that seriously harm people is sickening. I smoke marijauna and itd be an inconvenience for me without dealers...just kidding..heh...). People who dont take advantage of the golden gift that living in a first world country is are sickening. People that dont know anything about some of their troubles yet still form an opinion are sickening.

Are you refering to white collar, embezzalment-type criminals as wealthy? I hate the fact that some people in charge of major corporations can manipulate the economy in their favor, but honestly if I could and there werent any negative effects, I might dismiss it as laise faire economics at work. People generally hate criminals like that because they indirectly harm a large portion of their country, rather than a limited number of residents in crime ridden areas. Same with crime lords..

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By dernman
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Shame! Shame! You shouldn't be a fan of gangs that use drugs like that one obviously does.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshmightbe

It's almost always middle and upper class kids and actual gang members who claim its societies fault, folks that grew up poor without resorting to that know that's bullsh*t

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@joshmightbe: Not sure if that was directed towards me, but i'm not in a gang and I make 8 dollars an hour... awkward.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

@NlGHTCRAWLER: it wasn't directed at you, I'm not passive aggressive you'd know beyond a shadow of a doubt if it were directed at you. Just saying 9 times out of 10 when I hear the argument that some societal issue caused them to turn to a life of crime its someone whose never actually had to deal with struggle they're just repeating what some crook on tv passed off as an excuse for criminal behavior.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

I like this thread.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Dernman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Shame! Shame! You shouldn't be a fan of gangs that use drugs like that one obviously does.

You have no proof those meddling kids use drugs! Ok Scrappy is obviously a crackhead...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dernman
@ssejllenrad said:

@Dernman said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

You have no proof those meddling kids use drugs! Ok Scrappy is obviously a crackhead...

Not only him but Shaggy is at least a pot head. He's loopy ha;f the time and he always has the munchies. Not to mention they all talk to a DOG. What kind of acid trip are they sharing?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Dernman: They talk to the dog because they're crazy. And you saying that Shaggy is a pot head just because he looks and acts like one doesn't mean he is. That's stereotyping, man! Why you such a hater, man? Why you hating on herbs? They're all natural, man... They make you fly.... Whoooah! Comicvine's screen is like dancing and stuff... Nyehehehehe! Kidding of course.

BTW, what's your dog avi smoking?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dernman
@ssejllenrad said:

@Dernman: They talk to the dog because they're crazy. And you saying that Shaggy is a pot head just because he looks and acts like one doesn't mean he is. That's stereotyping, man! Why you such a hater, man? Why you hating on herbs? They're all natural, man... They make you fly.... Whoooah! Comicvine's screen is like dancing and stuff... Nyehehehehe! Kidding of course.

BTW, what's your dog avi smoking?

What're you a cop? You're not gonna get me to snitch on my dog. Besides that incense he is burning it totally medical and he has a card to prove it.   >__>
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Because my sympathy is about the only thing that the wealthy can't buy.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Dernman: Me? A jack? Naaaaaaah!!! Oh a doughnut shop!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By InnerVenom123
umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#43  Edited By umbrafeline

@joshmightbe said:

mcdonalds dont flip their burgers, they use a clam-shell oven

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By _Zombie_

@JediXMan said:

Who said I pitied gangs?

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheThe

I dont have pity for any type of criminals. I dont "excuse" the gang's members behaviour. This said, i "understand" how their not so kind background plays a role in the criminal ways they'll adopt.Even when life is hard, when you're broke and broken, you've always the choice. Maybe a small amount of liberty to choose, but the final word always belongs to them.

So it's not pity that i have, it's an interrogation :" what could give them enough faith to avoid crime despite their violent world? What could give them enough hope to believe that better days can come for them? What could give to those who are afraid, obligated or weak-minded, enough mental strength to say "no" to this way of life ?

I dont excuse but i can understand the process behind violence. It's like thinking about the whole problem, in order to solve it, in order to prevent youth to fall in gangs.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Tsk. Not only do the OP disgust me but nearly everyone in this thread did as well.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By HolySerpent

I agree with @knightrises & @TheThe

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By majestic99

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Gangs are slightly more pitied because a large portion of people live or have lived in brutal areas where the only place to survive is in gangs. Drug Lords steal, but in general anybody who makes more money than you do is hated because they have something you don't.

Personally, I hate both. They give ethnic groups bad names, prevent kids from becoming something in the future (going to school, etc.) and help inspire crime instead of prevent it.

Oh, and drugs suck.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By cyberninja

@joshmightbe said:

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

What I don't understand is why young Black males (18-30) glorify and idolize drug kingpins like Larry Hoover, Vivian Blake, Big Meech, Frank Lucas, and the like. I'll never judge a man for selling drugs as a means of business, but there's nothing cool or positive about it.