#53  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Agent Buttons

3 pages in and no "because rap is crap". I'm impressed...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By danhimself

I hate most of the rap and hip hop that's been released after the year 2000

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By YoungJustice

Because Lil Wayne, Asap Rocky, etc. have made it into sh*t. Which somehow makes it onto the radio, TV, etc. So, it is proclaimed as inappropriate. And honestly, I highly doubt most who hate rap dive deep.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Jezer

@Pfcoolio15 said:

Honestly, I think it's the most versatile form of music and requires a lot of talent. Sure, a lot of the mainstream stuff is pretty meaningless, but when you look past that, rap is some great stuff. Lupe Fiasco is one of my favorites.

I luv you. That being said, I don't particularly like this song by Lupe. I luv Lupe though.

If you're interested, check out this guy called Prince Ea. His song "Brain" is unique, kind of one-of-a-kind and really demonstrates the versatility of rap.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rap songs are disgusting. They contain swearing, talking about private parts, and encourage criminal activities like murder, robbery, drugs etc. Although, I do admit their catchy.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this aged pretty well.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The majority, if not all, of today's "rap" is the definition of crap "music." Nothing more than pussy, cop killing, stealing money lyrics.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because their lyrics is awful,and other stuff are garbage too

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

because of 6ix9ine

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different tastes in music?

Avatar image for deactivated-60c61163e3626
deactivated-60c61163e3626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's cringe.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's bland

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rap is pretty good imo. But other people have different opinions.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz people are dumb

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The majority, if not all, of today's "rap" is the definition of crap "music." Nothing more than pussy, cop killing, stealing money lyrics.

This ^

Not to mention culturally degenerative.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate rap, but I hate it when the lyrics are full of curse words talking about guns violence, hoes and using the N word!

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 takenstew22  Moderator

Because most of it is cringe or annoying.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Depends on the person.

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No chords, no meoldy, no composition, no harmony, typical Low IQ stuff with dumb lyrics, you could call it 'percussive poetry' but they don't even do words do beat, but no words to beats anymore, they just mumble out some crap.

all samples no playing, no instruments, it gets even worse with modern SoundCloud rap

Most of the record industry is controlled by the same Epstein Weinstein blackmail casting couch in Hollyweird Commiefornia, just more record companies, more fake artifical plastic and on a global scale.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racism

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Louis Armstrong is an amazing singer and musician, he would never lower himself to the moronic shit that is called 'Rap'

He is an amazing musician

No Caption Provided

Racism

No only Low IQ idiots think 'racism'

Eminem and Vanilla Ice are also untalented tone deaf idiots who can not play an instruments, they can not play or sing, they happen to be White Caucasians

So what special ethnicity or Race is a tone deaf Rapper?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Louis Armstrong is an amazing singer and musician, he would never lower himself to the moronic shit that is called 'Rap'

He is an amazing musician

No Caption Provided
@killianduclark said:

Racism

No only Low IQ idiots think 'racism'

Eminem and Vanilla Ice are also untalented tone deaf idiots who can not play an instruments, they can not play or sing, they happen to be White Caucasians

So what special ethnicity or Race is a tone deaf Rapper?

Well technically Louis Armstrong existed at a time when Rap was no where near existing. At least not the Rap we are talking about here. Louis Armstrong is one of the Greatest Musicians Ever Indeed.

Eminem is untalented ? Slim is very good lyricist and an okay Hip Hop Producer which means he makes Beats from samples and such so he has some Talent. He aint as good as he was back in 1999 - 2002 but still better than Vanilla Ice.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot of Rap that sucks so I can understand why some people would hate it. I am very picky with my own Rap selections.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people dislike rap because of the topics, and terminology within a lot of rap content, especially when you look at today’s rap climate. Topics, and terminology include words and terms that insult and objectify women, the ‘N’ word, acts of violence and murder, gang-banging, and sex in explicit detail.

However, that being said not all rap is bad or negative: there are some rap songs that promote positive messages such as ‘That Thing’ by Lauryn Hill, ‘Dear Mama’ by Tupac, and ‘Good Day’ by Nappy Roots. The positive music is out there, you just gotta find it.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KillianDuclark

@impossibleimpy: and only low IQ brainlets wouldn't be able to identify sarcasm in it's simplest form.

Also, your shitty taste in music =\= objective metric for judging musical quality around the world

GilbertShiesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'd be mad 2 if I looked like this

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rap songs that are popular today are shit but catchy.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d4d60fdf33c
deactivated-60d4d60fdf33c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, vile language?

GilbertShiesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GilbertShiesty

But fr tho its a mix of

1. Basing the whole of the genre on what's on the radio

2. Pure bandwagoning, doing it cuz their friends do it, etc. etc.

3. Just not liking the genre

and 3 I understand, but some people act like a rapper killed their entire family and their dog the way they wake up every morning, log onto twitter, and fill their day with bashing the whole genre and/or just making fun of those who lost their life

GilbertShiesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, vile language?

They be sayin nigga in those anime op's tho

💀

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 cocacolaman  Moderator

Changes from person to person. A lot of people don't like it not because of rap in general, but the culture around it and the rappers who use it. Other than NF, I can't name a rapper who doesn't swear, which is an instant turn off for many. The "less offensive" version of the N word specifically is a turn off since anybody who isn't black will get their entire life ruined if they even mouth that word absentmindedly without any racist intentions but rather with the same intention as the black artist, who isn't racist for the same thing because reasons. The lyrics can get vulgar without cussing, like talking about promiscuity, nudity, killing, etc. So many people get into mad beefs that cause division in the community and it's especially bad when you have the biggest rappers clash with smaller ones, the prime example being Eminem and MGK years ago where Marshall's stans were a far more overwhelming force than Eminem's own response to Kelly. These divisions are already there as some people, like Kendrick, Cole and Joyner Lucas, are lyrical geniuses with a love for the old style of rhythm and poetry, where others are Gen. Z/Alpha appealing millennials who mumble. It doesn't help that so many focus on the old days when things were better. When you listen to rap, you can get harassed by people who think you should be listening to "better music," another prime example being Eminem, where those who listen to him are told to go listen to guys like ASAP Rocky or MF Doom because God forbid you like mainstream stuff. And God forbid you hate it, too, because so many will tell you your "out of touch" or an "old head" if you don't like modern rap.

Really there's a variety of reasons some won't like it, other reasons popping up the further down you go. It's just a very negative culture to be honest with lots of controversy constantly ongoing. Very few people are universally respected, if any.

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ImpossibleImpy

There is a reason you might call one group of people 'Musicians' and another group 'Rappers'

Almost no rapper plays any instrument, they don't use any tones from a strong or wood intrument or brass or melodies, if they do use notes its typically samples maybe 3 electronic noises or 4 fake electronic tonal sound noises, most of the work is done by a skilled audio engineer and a software program, all the basslines are faked and all the drums are samples, typically another groove is stolen or they just use some drum and bass machine, they hit the 'on' button and the software plays and cuts their music for them, that's the level of rap these days and they dont even 'Rap' to rhythm anymore, they just mumble some shit out and upload it to soundcloud or youtube or some shit

The reason music is so shit today is because people stopped criticizing, they stopped fixing people's playing, stopped telling people they were out of tune, with crap like Rap almost anything any beat or noise is acceptable as long as its looped to a beat.

They dont even have to 'Rap' these days they actually Mumble

At one time people in Rap or Hiphop would sample real musicians, now its all plastic fake and remade and re-cut, a fake sample of the stoner Snoop Dogg, sampled by Kanye Omari West sampled by another fake muble rapper, with all these electronic samples of other electronic samples, there is nothing real left in this stuff anymore and eventually the tonal quality goes to shit.

@killianduclark said:

Also, your shitty taste in music =\= objective metric for judging musical quality around the world

Music all acorss this fucking world from Japan to Brazil to African Blues and Gospel music, to the folk music of India to ancient Greece and Rome have definitions of music, they have melody, chords. Inside the layers of music it has these things called Melody, just about every animal has rhythm, a dog barking a cow running should have rhythm, but music should also have more, not just noises put to beats it should have a melodic framework for improvisation and composition, in Indian Hindu music you have raga and tala, in Blues you had chords and a 12 bar form, and improvised bars for solos, in Western Classical music you have layers or harmony, you have melody lines mixing with other modes and other scales and other chordal harmonies....its not me who says this, its the entire culture of our planet Earth has defined music like this, for THOUSANDS of years, the act of producing musical sounds with the voice in bords, in whales in monkey gibbons has been around since the dawn of time, if you are tone deaf and can not sing any notes, then you can become a rapper.

Any REAL musician should be able to hear what key a song is in, hear the Perfect Fifth, know the Octave your ears should AT LEAST hear a doubling of the frequency unless you have hearing issues, hear the Fourth note, maybe know a third tell if the song is Major or Minor, know the root note or key of the song. If you can not hear any of this shit then you are simply TONE DEAF, the most primitive caveman of civilisations even knew the Fourth and the Perfect Fifths in songs, we played and sang this way for thousands of years, even the most primitive spear chucking tribe should be able to do something pentatonic, if you cant hear 3 different notes then its possible you are TONE DEAF, the tone deaf idiots are allowed call themselves rappers.

Rap however is typically Low IQ shit, dumb noisy music, city people noises shit for the dumb hoodrats and children who are entertained by vulgar pop songs on the radio.

Everything in cRap music and SHiT-hop music culture involves using a fake plastic machine software to make the song or outrought stealing samples of other songs, James Brown's drummer Clyde Stubblefield has a certain beat sampled hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of times, once you 'hear' this beat you hear the drum everywheer, its in every damn song over and over and over again, another is Led Zeppelin's drum groove and John Paul Jones bassline, its not a rapper that made this work, they just stole some otehr person's work and sampled it, maybe slow it down a little, cut it, but once you recognize the playing you hear the sample over and over fucking and over and over and yet over and over and fucking over and over over and over and over and over and yet over and over and over and fucking over over and over and over and over and over and fucking over and fucking over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....THE SAME SAMPLED cRAP AGAIN AND AGAIN

No Originality!

Modern mumble rap requires zero talent and has no musical merit...its literally American culture starting to de-evolve.

Really Dumb Low IQ shit, they can not play an instrument, not a single instrument, not even make a fucking 3 chord trick on a guitar.

So we are told Rappers have musical merit? Rap has words and rhythm so does every other fucking genre of music. Think of a deformed child that is angry violent and just ends up in jail and addiction and hating police and more jail, this is 'Rap' thing is one of the greatest fucking embarassments America has ever made for herself, only shit hoodrat culture and its mama could 'love' rap. Calling Rap music is like calling Japanese Hentai Pronography 'Art'. Rap is one of the greatest cultural embarassments America has ever produced, at least the Japanese dont claim this crap as 'high art'.

Yungbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ningenoid

@impossibleimpy: I agree completely. Rap isn't music. Calling it music is disservice to other music. Rap is a different thing, it has no musical merit

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

lmao

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are entitled to dislike what they want however don't judge me for what I like, which is something people tend to do.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not hate Hip Hop and just as a reminder, Nas just released a New Album today that is Pretty Good.

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shithop is not Rap

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because of shit like this happening

Loading Video...

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate Rap, but I do hate it when the singers whole song is full of the N word and talks about nothing more than degrading women, doing drugs and encourage violence

Good Rap!

Loading Video...

Bad Rap!

Loading Video...