Avatar image for georgewashington
GeorgeWashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By GeorgeWashington

You know, I have a question. All across the Internet, I see people saying they hate minivans. HOW CAN YOU HATE MINIVANS? I don't get it. They're comfortable and they're increasingly luxurious, with reclining 1st and 2nd row seats and rear TVs and everything. How can you hate that? Makes no sense.

Take a look at this Dodge Caravan for example.

No Caption Provided

It is in the top 3 of the most luxurious minivans around, behind only Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. This thing has rear DVD players to keep you entertained on long car rides. It's equal to a plane. It's nuts. How can people hate something like that.

People say minivans suck because they're not "cool" or "sporty" or "stylish" or anything like that. Well, you know what?

I COULDN'T CARE LESS!

Who cares if it's stylish or cool or anything like that? Not me. All I care about is the amazing features and the versatility. It's useful for carrying cargo or several passengers. What's up with the hate?

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Psy_

George Washinton rode a horse, not in a minivan.
/thread

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

This is off topic even for the off topic forum.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Samimista

My thoughts of seeing the OP's name: How come Haytham Kenway doesn't have a CV account?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I don't hate minivans.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samimista

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I don't hate minivans.

Yeah I don't either. I wouldn't want one for a car as I'm a loner but they're very comfortable.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

SUV's>>>>>Minivans

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

Child rape.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

They hate them because they don't have a need for them and hence they cannot appreciate how truly practical and awesome they are.

Avatar image for georgewashington
GeorgeWashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GeorgeWashington

@PowerHerc: Makes sense.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

@GeorgeWashington:

Thank you GeorgeWashington, Father of our Country.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because insecure males see them as the universal sign they gave up their balls

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By minigunman123

@Samimista said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I don't hate minivans.

Yeah I don't either. I wouldn't want one for a car as I'm a loner but they're very comfortable.

Samimista, your avatar wouldn't happen to be Halo 4 based, now, would it? =DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Also, I like cars that drive well, not cars that keep passengers happy. If minivans drive like crap, I'm not getting one when I get older. I want to be able to be confidant I'm not going to kill everyone in the car, when I'm driving, since I'm still an inexperienced 16 year old ^^ Hopefully by the time I'm more experienced, I will be more confidant in my ability to drive.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Roman

@_Punk_ said:

George Washinton rode a horse, not in a minivan. /thread

I ROFL'd. I can't even put into words how well you played that, I-I just... Applauds

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Samimista

@minigunman123: Lol! It's Mass Effect. I will be sporting Halo 4 soon though when I get to play it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blood1991

@Samimista: HOLY FUDGE WREX!!!!!!

I'm more a Grunt man, but Wrex is awesome!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Samimista

@Blood1991: Lol! Finally someone knows who he is! xD I just started the series two day ago. I'm searching for Liara in ME1 now. I like Wrex so far he seems kinda funny. xD I just beat ACIII this morning so I'll focus more on ME1.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By agent9149

They're ugly. They look like fat slugs.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blood1991

@Samimista said:

@Blood1991: Lol! Finally someone knows who he is! xD I just started the series two day ago. I'm searching for Liara in ME1 now. I like Wrex so far he seems kinda funny. xD I just beat ACIII this morning so I'll focus more on ME1.

ME is one of my favorite series ever! You have three awesome games to catch up on ^_^

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Samimista

@Blood1991 said:

@Samimista said:

ME is one of my favorite series ever! You have three awesome games to catch up on ^_^

I'm looking forward to it. ^_^ I normally don't do side quests but already working on some in ME1. Kinda wish I could make Fem Shep's hair a bit longer but that's okay. xD

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@Samimista said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Samimista said:

I'm looking forward to it. ^_^ I normally don't do side quests but already working on some in ME1. Kinda wish I could make Fem Shep's hair a bit longer but that's okay. xD

Lol making a good looking avatar in ME is an art form

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vortex13

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

Child rape.

That's actual vans not mini-vans. Mini-vans are seen as more soccer momish. Personally I like Vans they're big you can fit a lot of people in them and if you get one of those super badass ones that are like miniature campers you're set. I like them. Mini-vans I like too.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dont hate them.

There are alot more things to hate which are more justified.

Meticulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Meticulous

I put Minivans into the same category as the Fanny pack. Sure its practical, sure its comfortable, but... Yeah its the same kind of vibe. If you are okay with looking silly you wear fanny packs and drive Minivans.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

My first car, in high school, was a mini van. 94' Dodge Caravan. I used to pack it up with my friends and we'd cruise the strip blasting Bad Religion. Those were the days.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

..Now I wanna make a Ben Franklin Account...AND drive a mini van.

Avatar image for ronpaulrevolution
RonPaulRevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GeorgeWashington said:

You know, I have a question. All across the Internet, I see people saying they hate minivans. HOW CAN YOU HATE MINIVANS? I don't get it. They're comfortable and they're increasingly luxurious, with reclining 1st and 2nd row seats and rear TVs and everything. How can you hate that? Makes no sense.

Take a look at this Dodge Caravan for example.

No Caption Provided

It is in the top 3 of the most luxurious minivans around, behind only Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. This thing has rear DVD players to keep you entertained on long car rides. It's equal to a plane. It's nuts. How can people hate something like that.

People say minivans suck because they're not "cool" or "sporty" or "stylish" or anything like that. Well, you know what?

I COULDN'T CARE LESS!

Who cares if it's stylish or cool or anything like that? Not me. All I care about is the amazing features and the versatility. It's useful for carrying cargo or several passengers. What's up with the hate?

It's because they are gas guzzlers.

If you can buy 4 gallons for a buck, then sure, they would be a popular thing.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Station wagons are more practical.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By nefarious

They are small.

ABooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ABooth

2 simple reasons:

1) Minivan drivers are bad drivers. Insurance premiums for a minivan are 50% higher than for a station wagon or SUV of similar cost to repair because they're involved in more accidents. Something about the minivan DNA causes their drivers to be considerably less attentive or skilled behind the wheel.

2) Minivans are mechanically archaic and are designed to wring out the manufacturer's cost. All current models have evolved into large front-wheel drive vehicles with open differentials and use electronic 'traction control' systems which pulse the brakes on the spinning wheels rather than variably apportioning torque to the wheel(s) with grip, as a much more sensible (and only slightly more costly) limited-slip differential would do. This problem is especially noticeable when trying to accelerate out of a turn or when turning while climbing a hill. The poor traction problem is exacerbated by the new 5- and 6-speed transmission which have very short 1st and 2nd gears intended to give the van 'sporty' acceleration, but also multiply the (mis)application of torque in the aforementioned situations. Moreover, most minivans must use archaic rear suspension designs to accommodate the need to flip-&-fold the rear seats, such as twist beam rear axles. The twist beam rear axle may save space, but it was designed in the mid-1930s for the Citroen Traction Avant and really doesn't perform well when cornering under load or when hitting big bumps in the road (the rear wheels will adjust for camber, but not toe, causing the rear end to step out a bit, and the rear will shimmy when crossing railroad tracks). They also have spooky handling dynamics because of all of the glass placed way up high, which raises the center of gravity because glass windows weigh a lot more than steel body panels do.

I'm sure minivans are reasonably sensible vehicles for those who want or need to haul a bunch of stuff and don't really care about how well they handle in bad weather or emergency evasion (or even spirited driving), but they're not good cars by any definition, unless you're using the ability to haul heaps of crap as the standard by which you judge a vehicle. If that's your need, just get a diesel truck - they're really excellent at that and get better mileage too.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because of girls.

you got a guy with a ford mini van vs some guy with a roadster, who do you think she will choose?

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've never understood the reputation minivans get either. "Nice Grocery Getter, dude". Yeah, it is nice for getting groceries. Are groceries not cool either? Minivans are great for taking loads of friends to shows outta state or conventions. You can fit so much music equipment in a minivan if you take the seats out. And they're the only vehicle I've comfortably had sex in. What's cooler than that?

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There not so funny after you have kids. Then they're practical. I had a cool 2 door Honda Civic hatchback that really sucked after we had kids.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Samimista

I completely forgot about this thread. xD Didn't expect this to ever be bumped again.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Cus its a soccer mom car

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

because of girls.

you got a guy with a ford mini van vs some guy with a roadster, who do you think she will choose?

Stay away from females like that.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

So for the past 4 years our school, a boarding school has been using Minivans for transportation.

I have come to loathe them, they are awful, smell, easily break, have locking on seat belts, and get awful radio reception