• 52 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

On these forums, every single battle, EVERY SINGLE BATTLE that has HP in it everyone says HP loses. What's up with the hate for Harry Potter on these forums?

#2 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

On these forums, every single battle, EVERY SINGLE BATTLE that has HP in it everyone says HP loses. What's up with the hate for Harry Potter on these forums?

Nah, Harry Potter is a good movie and novel, but he's outmatched by many characters here because of many reason. Any of the battles you think he shouldn't lose?

#3 Posted by Dextersinister (6505 posts) - - Show Bio

He's normally put up against people with comic book hero reflexes which realistically portrayed people can't compete with. If the more powerful wizard's in that verse had some sort of permanent shield then it would be a different story but as it stand's there less efficient than a guy with a gun in a random encounter.

#4 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

He's normally put up against people with comic book hero reflexes which realistically portrayed people can't compete with. If the more powerful wizard's in that verse had some sort of permanent shield then it would be a different story but as it stand's there less efficient than a guy with a gun in a random encounter.

So voldemort would be killed by 3 gangsters that can't even fire a gun right?

#5 Posted by Dextersinister (6505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Dextersinister said:

He's normally put up against people with comic book hero reflexes which realistically portrayed people can't compete with. If the more powerful wizard's in that verse had some sort of permanent shield then it would be a different story but as it stand's there less efficient than a guy with a gun in a random encounter.

So voldemort would be killed by 3 gangsters that can't even fire a gun right?

A better example would be if you had Voldemort with a gun against Voldemort with a wand, assume that gun Volde has as much practice in a gun's use as wand Volde does wand's so that he doesn't just like at it funny when the fight start's.

#6 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I read somewhere that the author of Harry Potter said the most powerful wizard can be killed by an average human with a shot gun. I am not saying my sentence is 100% true.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you post this in this section when it's not a battle?

#8 Edited by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

JK Rowling said Wizards can be killed by handguns(unless they have horcruxes)

Also some people pit HP wizards against people like Palpatine and Superman,who will simply cut their heads of before they can react.Only exception is Voldy who has horcruxes that bound his soul so he can come back if killed.

Their spells are also not that fast(sometimes slower than an arrow),and can be dodged by teenagers even when cast by experient wizards.Also most of them have reflexes just barely better than normal humans,there are even humasn IRL who have better reflexes due to training.

This all comes down to the fact that Death Eathers would have a better chance at killing Harry and co. with Automatic Weapons.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

#10 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

This

#11 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter's best feats are when his parents are protecting him.

#12 Posted by dondave (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

This

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

#14 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate HP (I do dislike it though) but it annoys me a bit when people try and put it on the same level as lotr etc when it's just not. HP verse is a low power verse whatever way you look at it which is fine, often low power verses can be more interesting their own way.

#15 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (25986 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

This. 
 
However, I will admit, sometimes some people ARE biased when commenting on HP threads, and will blatantly show it, I'm talking about the posts that say. "Oh Harry loses because he sucks". Yeah, great debating skills.
#17 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Harry Potter's best feats are when his parents are protecting him.
#18 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: Not a battle

#19 Posted by salamatsabi (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's because he's outmatched in most battles but that doesn't mean they hate him.

#20 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought you were talking about the computer company lol.

#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (16502 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate HP

#22 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

I hardley ever see Harry Potter battles which means hes underrated and because hes underrated, i guess we dont know enough HP fanboys to cover for him.

#23 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I love HP :D

#24 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kellar21 said:

JK Rowling said Wizards can be killed by handguns(unless they have horcruxes)

Also some people pit HP wizards against people like Palpatine and Superman,who will simply cut their heads of before they can react.Only exception is Voldy who has horcruxes that bound his soul so he can come back if killed.

Their spells are also not that fast(sometimes slower than an arrow),and can be dodged by teenagers even when cast by experient wizards.Also most of them have reflexes just barely better than normal humans,there are even humasn IRL who have better reflexes due to training.

This all comes down to the fact that Death Eathers would have a better chance at killing Harry and co. with Automatic Weapons.

So what? Top level witches and wizards would easily defeat humans with handguns, as a human government was easily taken over by wizards. What she meant by that was that witches and wizards are still human.

And there's also battles where HP characters stomp but people refuse to admit it. Most of them do have average reflexes, but it's not like you see Neville Longbottom in any battles, do you? The top notch witches and wizards have very impressive reaction feats.

That's a blanket statement various spells are instantaneous and don't need to travel to a target, not to mention non-verbal. Harry and his friends dodging spells was done in the movies, not so much in the books.

No, it all comes down to the fact that Rowling's writing was very inconsistent and that she specifically treated Harry like a Mary-Stu who was protected by various people more skilled than he was. No way should the DE's have been defeated by Harry and his friends based off the reputation she gave them. Giving them automatic weapons would prove to be useless, Hermione would have just transfigured them within a second.

#25 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Dextersinister said:

He's normally put up against people with comic book hero reflexes which realistically portrayed people can't compete with. If the more powerful wizard's in that verse had some sort of permanent shield then it would be a different story but as it stand's there less efficient than a guy with a gun in a random encounter.

So voldemort would be killed by 3 gangsters that can't even fire a gun right?

A better example would be if you had Voldemort with a gun against Voldemort with a wand, assume that gun Volde has as much practice in a gun's use as wand Volde does wand's so that he doesn't just like at it funny when the fight start's.

Wands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guns

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

HP is lame as. No, thanks.

#27 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate him,his movies and novels.

Deal with it.

#28 Edited by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

unless the other guy is good at quick drawn.Then the other is going to have a hole in his head.

Also Hemione would need to speak and weapons fire faster.

A Wand is not that different from a gun(especially on offensive spells),you need to aim and "press" the triger,Hermione never shown reaction to transmute multiple things within a second.Stop using hyperbole,wizards took over a government using imperio.In direct combat air strikes and snipers in an ambush would slaugther,they never showed hypersonic reaction.Their battles were impressive because they do wiled incredible power,but they could be classified as glass cannons.

I like the books and movies but people keep making mismatches e.g "Voldemort vs Yoda".

#29 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kellar21 said:

unless the other guy is good at quick drawn.Then the other is going to have a hole in his head.

Also Hemione would need to speak and weapons fire faster.

A Wand is not that different from a gun(especially on offensive spells),you need to aim and "press" the triger,Hermione never shown reaction to transmute multiple things within a second.Stop using hyperbole,wizards took over a government using imperio.In direct combat air strikes and snipers in an ambush would slaugther,they never showed hypersonic reaction.Their battles were impressive because they do wiled incredible power,but they could be classified as glass cannons.

I like the books and movies but people keep making mismatches e.g "Voldemort vs Yoda".

Why? Bullets are not fast enough to tag Voldemort, or any top tier witch/wizard, they're way too fast. Not to mention Voldemort with a wand can just cast any number of spells, a shield charm, transfigure the bullets, etc. Then what happens when they run out of bullets?

Incorrect, Hermione has mastered nonverbal spells.

I said not all spells require a target, while you're focusing on only offensive spells. There's no hyperbole here. Hermione has mastered non-verbal spells, in case you didn't know that means she doesn't have to speak. While the other person is thinking about shooting and aiming, Hermione is getting down to business. Plus, she's nowhere near the top tier (Voldemort, Dumbledore, Snape, etc.), those people would simply take over the mind of any gunmen. Those people have been shown to transmutate multiple items at once. So where is the hyperbole, do you know what it means? :]

Who cares how it was done? Wizards were able to infiltrate the government, they could do the same to the military and police departments, you know the people with guns. Go ahead and start a battle thread where wizards are pitted against snipers and air strikes, I'd love to prove you wrong.

Nowhere did I say that was a fair battle, what I DID say was that there are SOME battles where HP characters SHOULD stomp, but people refuse to admit it.

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

No hate for hp

Big hate for that one fan who keeps making stomp threads in favor of Voldemort and while getting hissy fits when his favorite character's 'reputation' is tarnished

#31 Posted by JediXMan (31282 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I just don't give a crap about him.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

Hating something =/= saying that they lose

Moderator
#33 Posted by kuonphobos (4904 posts) - - Show Bio

I heart Hermione.

#34 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

I heart Hermione.

...Wait the being of fear and death that prowls the Off Topic Forums hearts something!?!?!?!!!

DOES NOT COMPUTE1011100001111000011111

#35 Posted by The Stegman (25986 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

Hating something =/= saying that they lose

Saying that someone loses because you hate them= Not cool.  
 
I will admit I have seen people come on HP threads with bias and saying the HP character loses because, and I quote, "Harry Potter is stupid" 
 
@kuonphobos said:

I heart Hermione.

Everyone hearts Hermione, let's be honest, she kept the boys alive throughout all of Deathly Hallows.
#36 Posted by Samimista (21016 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love Harry Potter. I used to watch it so many times back and forth in the living room with my parents and read all the novels. I can't choose which movie or book is my favorite as all of them I truly enjoy.

#37 Posted by kuonphobos (4904 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: what's not to heart? =)

@TheCheeseStabber: Indeed she did. She rules!

The Harry Potter films have kept me alive through some dark times. No joke.

#38 Posted by judasnixon (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Rollins on Harry Potter......  

#39 Posted by KingOfAsh (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

Say Harry Potter loses doesn't mean we hate him. No I like the series a lot.

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause HP should stand for Hewlett Packard!

#41 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
What's wrong with Hewlett Packard ?  They have decent Laptops. 
#42 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

What's wrong with Hewlett Packard ? They have decent Laptops.

What does this have to do with Harry Potter?

O_____o

#43 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaioTrubat said:

@King Saturn said:

What's wrong with Hewlett Packard ? They have decent Laptops.

What does this have to do with Harry Potter?

O_____o

HP is an acronym for Hewlett Packard... Harry Potter is Harry Potter.
#44 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

When the insanity levels get to DB, like db it is a cool and loveable series (dig hagrid and whatnot) but when the fans inject their own logic without backing (i.e. DBZ math and 'voldy is bulletproof because he is not a muggle' then it starts to suck)

#45 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one of these eh?

#46 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Because Harry Potter is not that tough. We don't hate him, but he simply doesn't win.

Agreed.

#47 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20243 posts) - - Show Bio

Liking the character does not mean he has to win against others. They aren't made for battle forums, they are made for reading and enjoying them. Whether or not you think a character wins on battle forum has nothing to do with loving or hating it. Not. One. Bit.

#49 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: It's an earlier one actually. It just got bumped.

Yeah but his theme this time seems to be fixated with Harry Potter,you watch there will be a slew of the John threads ,but this time in centered around Harry Potter

#50 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio