Why do people complain about Superboy Prime being an emo?

• 58 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Think about it. His entire Universe was destroyed, then he saw his entire Multiverse destroyed and was forced to live with the Golden Age Superman trapped inside a dimension and forced to watch the new Multiverse.

People say Batman is though because he can handle his parents death, and Batman is my favorite character.

But having your entire Universe destroyed and witnessing the events of every single Universe being destroyed > Your parents dying (on a worseness scale).

You have to admit, it's true.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By utotheg38

Because he kept whining about It.

.....................Every other panel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@utotheg38 said:

Come on. Your entire Universe is destroyed, and you have to watch the every other Universe get killed....

I think if that happened to any other character, they wouldn't like it much. Even the Golden Age Superman was pretty twisted for a while.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By utotheg38

@comicdude23 said:

@utotheg38 said:

Come on. Your entire Universe is destroyed, and you have to watch the every other Universe get killed....

I think if that happened to any other character, they wouldn't like it much. Even the Golden Age Superman was pretty twisted for a while.

Yeah, But he got his sh!t together.

LOL

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mfundo

Superboy Prime... Makes my skin crawl and eyes water. How does one amount to so much bloodlust and murder?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

Superboy Prime... Makes my skin crawl and eyes water. How does one amount to so much bloodlust and murder?

He saw every single Universe get slaughtered? Including his own.

@utotheg38 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@utotheg38 said:

Yeah, But he got his sh!t together.

LOL

Yeah but he was gonna die anyways.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: That doesn't justify why he had to murder so many people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

@comicdude23: That doesn't justify why he had to murder so many people.

Read Crisis on Infinite Earths. It justifies his madness.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: The guy needed some serious therapy. Did he know what he was doing was wrong?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

@comicdude23: The guy needed some serious therapy. Did he know what he was doing was wrong?

...Yeah, like a therapist would believe his Universe and the Multiverse was destroyed. Besides, therapists from the Pre-Crisis Universe were destroyed :D

No, he thought what he was doing was right. If I were him, I don't know how I'd react.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Night Thrasher
@comicdude23: No it doesn't, it explains his madness. He sucked not because of COIE or Infinite Crisis, but mainly because of Countdown. He consistently complained "you guys suck at being good guys", "my Earth was soooooo much better". If that's the case then why didn't he try to recreate his earth like Parrallax instead of crying about how much this Earth sucked. I mean, it wouldn't have worked and he still would've been a villain but at least we wouldn't have to deal with him b#tching.
Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Swagger462

I think if I was in his position I wouldn't whine at all. I'd just hit the meth and the whiskey until my heart stopped. If there was no meth or whiskey in this dimension he's trapped in then I'd whine... A lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Swagger462 said:

I think if I was in his position I wouldn't whine at all. I'd just hit the meth and the whiskey until my heart stopped. If there was no meth or whiskey in this dimension he's trapped in then I'd whine... A lot.

Whiskey wouldn't affect a Kryptonian.

@Night Thrasher said:

@comicdude23: No it doesn't, it explains his madness. He sucked not because of COIE or Infinite Crisis, but mainly because of Countdown. He consistently complained "you guys suck at being good guys", "my Earth was soooooo much better". If that's the case then why didn't he try to recreate his earth like Parrallax instead of crying about how much this Earth sucked. I mean, it wouldn't have worked and he still would've been a villain but at least we wouldn't have to deal with him b#tching.

That's what I said. He was saying all that crap for excuses, he was eventually driven to madness. He did try to do all that crap in Infinite Crisis but they all stopped him. They should have let him do it and restore the Pre-Crisis Universe, it would have been better.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Izaiah

Power Girl (Pre-Flashpoint) had her universe destroyed too...you haven't seen her whining about it or using it as an excuse to murder people.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Swagger462

@comicdude23: Good point. Double the meth I guess...

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By utotheg38

@comicdude23 said:

@Swagger462 said:

Whiskey wouldn't affect a Kryptonian.

@Night Thrasher said:

That's what I said. He was saying all that crap for excuses, he was eventually driven to madness. He did try to do all that crap in Infinite Crisis but they all stopped him. They should have let him do it and restore the Pre-Crisis Universe, it would have been better.

Whiskey spiked with kryptonite?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Izaiah said:

Power Girl (Pre-Flashpoint) had her universe destroyed too...you haven't seen her whining about it or using it as an excuse to murder people.

...She didn't remember all of it, her origin was changed.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mfundo

@Izaiah: Thank you, that's a good point.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnnyWalker

because hes a little b*tch a** murderer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

@Izaiah: Thank you, that's a good point.

Actually, she had someone. She still had Kal-L (her cousin) and Lois. The people closest to her, Prime didn't. That and he was only a teenager.

@utotheg38: That'd just kill you. I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have left Kal-L alive and left Superboy dead. I didn't care for Superboy, I cared for the GA Superman.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Night Thrasher
@comicdude23: You kinda implied that he was justified for his actions. Almost like saying if Batman started killing everyone in Gotham City's parents he would be justified because his parents got murdered. 
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nelomaxwell

If I was him I'd try to start over. Join the Titans have sex with girls my own age and be just like Nightwing If he had superman's powers. I'd be living. The problem with superboy prime is the same problem Jason Todd had until 52, which has worked wonders for him. He was obssesed with proving people wrong and not focused on figuring himself out. Look a Jason now, He got a girl a team a cool suit (Albeit with his big brother's clothes on) but he's doing well for a former whining, psychopathic b*tch and superboy could've been the same way. Does he exist in the new 52?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Night Thrasher said:

@comicdude23: You kinda implied that he was justified for his actions. Almost like saying if Batman started killing everyone in Gotham City's parents he would be justified because his parents got murdered.

Multiverse and Universe destroyed is worse than having your parents dying...I'm saying, he has a right to be insane.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Swagger462

@utotheg38: Would that be called Kryptoskey or Whisktonite?

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: You can't blame murder on puberty and loneliness.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Izaiah
@comicdude23 said:

From what I understood, she did remember, once she met Kal-L again in Infinite Crisis. But then he and Lois had to die too.
mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: You live in a universe where people have superpowers and secret identities, who's not going to believe that your Universe and Multi-Verse was destroyed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

You live in a universe where people have superpowers and secret identities, who's not going to believe that your Universe and Multi-Verse was destroyed?

IIRC, read the last pages of COIE. No-one believed this survivor, he was put in a mental hospital due to his ''stories''.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By utotheg38

@Swagger462 said:

@utotheg38: Would that be called Kryptoskey or Whisktonite?

Kryptoskey

:D

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Inverno

I have a theory: he is supposed to be a stand-in for the comic book fans and he is depicted as a whiny loser that complains about every change. I don't think many people like to be seen like that, specially when the writers think so "highly" of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Izaiah said:

@comicdude23 said:

From what I understood, she did remember, once she met Kal-L again in Infinite Crisis. But then he and Lois had to die too.

Fact is, she was put into the new Universe and already made new friends.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: Get a telepath like Miss Martian or Martian Manhunter to verify his 'stories' or a magician like Zatanna.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundo said:

@comicdude23: Get a telepath like Miss Martian or Martian Manhunter to verify his 'stories' or a magician like Zatanna.

The people at the Asylum would have seen it as so ridiculous that they wouldn't have allowed it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By z3ro180

@comicdude23: true but at least bat man didnt cry every five fu&&ing minutes about it

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Night Thrasher
@comicdude23: Not really...he didn't really care about everyone in his universe. He only really knew a small handful. The people he cared most about was what he was whining most about, I didn't see him crying over Ted, the guy who played that one Coldplay song on his iPad for him. The point is they both suffered through life altering tragedies. The difference is: one coped by overcompensating with emotional detachment and an obsessive compulsive complex with paranoia . While the other is a whiny b!#ch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Z3RO180 said:

@comicdude23: true but at least bat man didnt cry every five fu&&ing minutes about it

He might if his ENTIRE Universe was destroyed.

@Night Thrasher said:

@comicdude23: Not really...he didn't really care about everyone in his universe. He only really knew a small handful. The people he cared most about was what he was whining most about, I didn't see him crying over Ted, the guy who played that one Coldplay song on his iPad for him. The point is they both suffered through life altering tragedies. The difference is: one coped by overcompensating with emotional detachment and an obsessive compulsive complex with paranoia . While the other is a whiny b!#ch.

He didn't have many friends, and those closest to him perished. Why would he cry over Ted? Power-Girl was fine. She was retconned into the new Universe, either way she had alot of friends. Prime didn't.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Night Thrasher
@comicdude23: So if you have to go to a New School that's an excuse to go Columbine? Being a social outcast isn't a good excuse either. You have to cope with things, that's the human thing to do. 
mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mfundo

@comicdude23: Well those stupid biatches brought that to themselves. I'm pretty sure the JL or TT would've liked to help him, especially Superman.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By z3ro180
No Caption Provided

@comicdude23:

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ms__omega

People tried to help him and he goes off on a temper tantrum like a 4 year old that lost a toy.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zdaybreak

@Nelomaxwell And all the more ironic since none of that would have happened if Superboy-prime didn't punch the multiverse, lol

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Izaiah
@comicdude23 said:

Fact is, she was put into the new Universe and already made new friends.

Certainly.  Which still doesn't even come close to explaining or justifying Superboy-Prime's actions.  He could have done the same thing if he had wanted to, if he had put some effort into it.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#44  Edited By Dracade102

To be fair, he did have actually have somewhat of a life before everything bad started going down for him. Plus, he was just a hormonal teenager when his universe was destroyed. Plus he got super-powers and all that too. That's something nobody could have a reaction prepared for, least of all a minor... Sure he handled it all pretty badly, but it's not like every villain with an emotional damaging back story could become either a Batman or Magneto from it. He just had more emotional tension than he knew what to do with and he wasn't mentally strong enough to cope with it. No I don't sympathize with him very much, but it's not like I can't understand what was going through his mind.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By InnerVenom123

Because he's an annoying little c**t.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By YoungJustice

Most emo's are generally hated.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I actually pity prime. 
Every thing went down hill after this... 

You can tell he really didn't mean to do what he did.  He only wanted to be beat up Superboy for just sitting around, and not helping the other superheroes. Which caused Prime to become jealous, because he never got the chance to be Superboy.  

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I understand why he's upset, and I actually cared in the beginning of Infinite Crisis, since I had just read CoIE and I sympathized with the character. I stopped caring when he became a whining death machine with no character development.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@InnerVenom123 said:

Because he's an annoying little c**t.

hahaha This ..so hard.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts