• 53 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Something that has always bothered me over the past year or so is people complaining about Disney owning Star Wars. Why does it matter? As you all probably know Avengers was technically a Disney film, if you didn't know that you never would have guessed. So why do people bitch over it?

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Disney ruins everything these days when they can get ahold of something that can financially boost them. They're a money-making-machine. It's not what it used to be anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zijuun said:

Disney ruins everything these days when they can get ahold of something that can financially boost them. They're a money-making-machine. It's not what it used to be anymore.

What did they ruin? The Lone Ranger? A radio character from the 30s no one cares about?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Because if they are planing to do with I think they are doing, we can kiss alot of post ROTJ EU materiel good bye.

That's my only gripe with it, especially since I consider EU>>Movies. Other then that, I don't see why others complain.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zijuun

@gor724 said:

@zijuun said:

What did they ruin? The Lone Ranger? A radio character from the 30s no one cares about?

Have you seen the animations they've produced these days? They're horrible cliche plots that they repeat & repeat & repeat for each & every one of their animations. What makes you say they're going to make any other company they own better. Oh & I hear The Lone Ranger is a bad film too. ;o

And have you see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D? That TV show's just a another Disney-is-being-greedy production & this time they used Marvel's name for it. I personally disliked it as they should have stopped after they released the Avengers. Now they're ruining Coulsen's character by making him say these oh-so "witty" catch phrases.

These are just a few examples.

I'm nor saying it's a completely bad idea that Disney owns Marvel, but I feel Marvel could still do better on their own.

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the same reason why you're bitchin' about people bitchin' about Disney owning Star Wars...

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomguy said:

Probably the same reason why you're bitchin' about people bitchin' about Disney owning Star Wars...

OWNED

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By russellmania77

because john carter, sands of time, and others

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is there really a need to censor the word "bitch" ?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By judasnixon

You never hear people bitch about Disney owning ESPN...... That's right Disney owns ESPN.......

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Because it's the internet and people need something to whine about. It's sad, but true.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen all the non pixar disney movies and Brave?

Disney movies arent remotly good anymore.

Besides the fact they hired a guy that has no idea of what he was doing with Star Trek just for the fact he was famous.

Besides the fact they dont let franchise die and ruin characters for the sake of make them more mainstream.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zijuun said:

@gor724 said:

@zijuun said:

Have you seen the animations they've produced these days? They're horrible cliche plots that they repeat & repeat & repeat for each & every one of their animations. What makes you say they're going to make any other company they own better. Oh & I hear The Lone Ranger is a bad film too. ;o

And have you see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D? That TV show's just a another Disney-is-being-greedy production & this time they used Marvel's name for it. I personally disliked it as they should have stopped after they released the Avengers. Now they're ruining Coulsen's character by making him say these oh-so "witty" catch phrases.

These are just a few examples.

I'm nor saying it's a completely bad idea that Disney owns Marvel, but I feel Marvel could still do better on their own.

Your right about Agents of Shield. I loved the first episode, but the next 2 were dreadful. But I feel like Star Wars is in the right hands with Abrams, and no one has seen the movie yet. A lot of people are saying the movies going to suck, but how do we know if it sucks or not? Also, I think they are being extra careful about it. No Jar Jar, no bad casting choices, no George Lucas, they are going to approach the movie carefully for sure.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People love to complain about everything.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's the internet and people need something to whine about. It's sad, but true.

These.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

These.

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread complaining about the F4 casting choices yet.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of some understandable reasons like what my friend @dccomicsrule2011 said, the integrity of the Expanded Universe post Return of the Jedi is in danger. And the greatest fear shared by EU fans is that their favorite material might be disregarded all together by the movies (which can easily happen for movie going fans that aren't aware of the Expanded Universe, since they are Lucasart's priorities at hand they want to please). Other reasons are theoretical like they wanting to turn into "Highschool Musical IN SPACE" or "Space Twilight" to appease teenagers, but unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot and piss off older SW fans, I trust Disney isn't going to do this. A personal reason is J.J. Abrams directing. I admit he is a talented director, but I have my issues that he might make a movie that is too referential to previous ones than a whole new story (if you think I am wrong, watch Star Trek Wrath of Khan 2.0. also known as Star Trek Into Darkness). He is essentially paying homage to the previous installments than making a straigh movie.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@war_killer said:

These.

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread complaining about the F4 casting choices yet.

Actually there is, lol

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@war_killer said:

These.

Actually there is, lol

It's not on the F4 forum bored. Can you send me a link? I kinda have to see it now

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You apparently haven't seen Wreck-It Ralph.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

A couple of some understandable reasons like what my friend @dccomicsrule2011 said, the integrity of the Expanded Universe post Return of the Jedi is in danger. And the greatest fear shared by EU fans is that their favorite material might be disregarded all together by the movies (which can easily happen for movie going fans that aren't aware of the Expanded Universe, since they are Lucasart's priorities at hand they want to please). Other reasons are theoretical like they wanting to turn into "Highschool Musical IN SPACE" or "Space Twilight" to appease teenagers, but unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot and piss off older SW fans, I trust Disney isn't going to do this. A personal reason is J.J. Abrams directing. I admit he is a talented director, but I have my issues that he might make a movie that is too referential to previous ones than a whole new story (if you think I am wrong, watch Star Trek Wrath of Khan 2.0. also known as Star Trek Into Darkness). He is essentially paying homage to the previous installments than making a straigh movie.

This. Really hoping that the EU stays.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

@gor724 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@war_killer said:

These.

Actually there is, lol

It's not on the F4 forum bored. Can you send me a link? I kinda have to see it now

http://www.comicvine.com/human-torch/4005-2120/forums/johnny-storm-to-be-played-by-a-black-actor-1458291/

Their might be another, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zijuun: Avengers wouldn't have had such a big budget if Marvel made it on their own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomguy said:

OWNED

LOL word.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:

You apparently haven't seen Wreck-It Ralph.

One of how many movies?

I mean from Pirates only 1 is good, the franchise is terrible and they did everything in their power to make Jack Sparrow more good for the fact he was terribly popular.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@samimista said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

This. Really hoping that the EU stays.

What pains me the most about this, is, it's completely understandable.

Disney is a business and a business is about making money, let's be honest here; the movies is where the real bread is made and is what started Star Wars of from the beginning so no matter how much I say EU>>>>>>>Movies the fact remains that the movies are on a much higher level of importance then the EU is, and ever will be. If canning most of the post ROTJ EU material is good for the business, then that's what they will do. But all of this can easily be avoided and both sides could be made happy if they actually had balls and would make a movie during the Old Republic and stop feeding of the Skywalker name.

But again that's brings me back to my original point: Skywalker's sale so they would rather say "f_ck you" to small fraction of fans then try something different entirely. Which from a shrewd business stand point a good move. But from my point of view, is the worst thing you can do.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people like to bitch? Super-fans always bitch about anything that happens to something they like, it's not just Star Wars with Disney. (Although that was a pretty prominent instance.)

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there really a need to censor the word "bitch" ?

True, in this context, bitch means to moan or complain. So not an insult or curse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I think this picture sums up what people worry might happen:

No Caption Provided

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By M3th

It's tHe idea tHat tHey will produce watered down material for tHe sake of being kid friendly.

OtHer users Have claimed Avengers was watered down and could Have been more violently epic.

Some users Have claimed Iron Man I was tHe only good IronMan film because it was before Disney bougHt Marvel and it was very violent. MetH is not saying tHis is true or tHat it is not true. MetH is only pointing out statements users Have made.

June'sVeryOwn ABstract4$$#073 IsBACK

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BatmanFan11

The only good thing Disney did recently was Wreck-It Ralph, but other than that they suck at everything and now there are plan's for a sequel, which I know they'll ruin a good movie of. When it comes to Sequel's. Disney suck's at them. The only good Disney sequel they ever made was Mulan II.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BatmanFan11

@xwraith:

And now there's plans for a sequel and you know how Disney sucks with sequel's.....

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Disney owns enough. What more do they need? How about they make their own original characters?

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe:

Yeah I hope Disney goes bankrupt one day, but I doubt that will ever happen.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

It's tHe idea tHat tHey will produce watered down material for tHe sake of being kid friendly.

OtHer users Have claimed Avengers was watered down and could Have been more violently epic.

Some users Have claimed Iron Man I was tHe only good IronMan film because it was before Disney bougHt Marvel and it was very violent. MetH is not saying tHis is true or tHat it is not true. MetH is only pointing out statements users Have made.

June'sVeryOwn ABstract4$$#073 IsBACK

Disney has produced many rated R movies. Disney owns Touchstone Miramax, and Hollywood pictures, witch have all had a number of rated r films

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PotatoOfDoom
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm really fine as long as the EU doesn't get messed up.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jwwprod

Because there are a tone of Disney haters nowere days.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz Disney isn't the same as it used to be

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I do because is Jar Jar Abrams!!!

And the fact this mean we get Simon Pegg in Star Wars.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@gor724: Hey! Hey! No..Lone Ranger is awesome.