• 61 results
#1 Edited by THORSON (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

when they are role playing and pretending

when villains can be so much cooler and fun to be.

they are always arguing about wanting to be a good guy, but without a villain we wouldn't need a hero.

#2 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9382 posts) - - Show Bio

I was Deathstroke ever since I could speak.

#3 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

most children grow up with the tought being morally wright is better which is a good thing I think.

#4 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive prefered the bad guys for aslong as I can remember, but thats just me.

#5 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

#6 Posted by Rainquility (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme:

I liked that response. Hilarious, and made my morning.

Normally when I was younger I preferred the good guys until I got older and liked the bad guys. Only to inevitably like which ever characters melded with me as a person. Good or Bad it didn't matter, just as long as they were relatable or intriguing.

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8592 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I sure didn't I can tell ya that.

#8 Posted by russellmania77 (15525 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it opposite

#9 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine because in a kids mind, the bad guys always lose.

#10 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9382 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme:

I liked that response. Hilarious, and made my morning.

Normally when I was younger I preferred the good guys until I got older and liked the bad guys. Only to inevitably like which ever characters melded with me as a person. Good or Bad it didn't matter, just as long as they were relatable or intriguing.

:D I do see that though. All the kids nowadays want to be iron man, or Spiderman, or Superman ect.. No kid wants to be lex luther, or mr. freeze ect.. lol

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18191 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I was old enough to talk I have always preferred villains to heroes in general. That is still the same now really.

#12 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

I always preferred the secondary heroes over the main heroes and villains though.

#13 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe because the bad guy always gets his ass handed to him and i don't know what kid wants that unless the kid partakes in some self sadism....

#14 Posted by Nefarious (20649 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the villain is almost always the "loser".

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29504 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was the other way around.

Guess it was just me.

#16 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17877 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that kind of good, though? Not to take children's game seriously, but still..

#17 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked to be the villain

#18 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad Guys are ugly and are the losers. Heroes are morally just and always get the girl.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#19 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Riot_Sqrrl (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved being the bad guy when I was a kid. I justified recruiting more friends to my side and being a dick as playing the role. As I got older, I preferred being antiheroes.

#21 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke02: Heroes Have a better cHance at getting tHe girl tHan a villain.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#22 Posted by Deathstroke02 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th: Yes but, the villain is mostly the bad4ss of the story (not when we're talking about a kid tale)

#23 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

#24 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: bad guys always lose in kid's media

#25 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5312 posts) - - Show Bio

No child wants to suffer from Villain's Syndrome and always lose.

#26 Posted by Samimista (20759 posts) - - Show Bio

I would imagine because in a kids mind, the bad guys always lose.

Hehe! xD This is why I liked being the hero as a kid. =D Still like the hero role.

#27 Edited by bob808 (6778 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always the villain.

#28 Edited by PowerHerc (84369 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they have been taught from birth not to be bad.

When Storybooks, Comic Books, Cartoons, TV shows, Movies, etc. typically depict good vs evil, good guys vs bad guys, they present stories where good and evil are clearly defined and so are the good guy and the bad guy. These stories almost always end with good triumphing over evil; the good guy wins.

It is thus that kids learn about good and bad. Kids, being no different than anybody else, want to win. When they see the good guy always wins, they tend to want to be more like that good guy because they always want to win, too. Therefore it's natural for small kids to want to be the good guy and to resist being cast in the role of the villain, though older kids sometimes relish it.

#29 Edited by Samimista (20759 posts) - - Show Bio

When Storybooks, Comic Books, Cartoons, TV shows, Movies, etc. typically depict good vs evil, good guys vs bad guys, they present stories where good and evil are clearly defined and so are the good guy and the bad guy. These stories almost always end with good triumphing over evil; the good guy wins.

It is thus that kids learn about good and bad. Kids, being no different than anybody else, want to win. When they see the good guy always wins, they tend to want to be more like that good guy because they always want to win, too. Therefore it's natural for small kids to want to be the good guy and to resist being cast in the role of the villain, though older kids sometimes relish it.

Couldn't of said it better. You summed this up very well Herc. =D

#30 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought bad guys were more powerful. Then later I realized that's why the hero is so cool.

#31 Posted by Batmanx2005 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: because frist of all mr freeze had to have a suit that keep him cold. Second kids hate being bald like lex. I aways like the good guys because they win all the times

#32 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje said:

most children grow up with the tought being morally wright is better which is a good thing I think.

This. only on super rare occasions when the bad guy meets their specific tastes (Armada Starscream,Venom,etc) does kid want to be the bad guy.

#33 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5830 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad guys get their asses kicked.

#34 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: They do? I always see kids talking about the villains and dressing up as them for Halloween

#35 Posted by PowerHerc (84369 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9382 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: because frist of all mr freeze had to have a suit that keep him cold. Second kids hate being bald like lex. I aways like the good guys because they win all the times

Cept I am pretty sure Batman has lost to Deathstroke C(:

#37 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (288 posts) - - Show Bio

because bad guys are totally lame bro

#38 Posted by Racob7 (5793 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always the bad guy. It's more fun that way.

#39 Edited by Samimista (20759 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Racob7 (5793 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla says hello.

#41 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

me and my friends always argued over who got to be the bad guy! being the bad guy was more fun. XD

#42 Posted by MaccyD (4181 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

That saves me time commenting :P

Also GTA made the bad guy cool where I lived when I was young B)

#43 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5684 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was younger I wanted to be Rhino, Venom or Bane. Now I prefer anti-heroes like Punisher or Grifter.

#44 Posted by Squares (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

Because people hate being wrong, and kids are taught that the bad guy is wrong. That's my guess, at least.

#45 Posted by Joygirl (20045 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

#46 Edited by Raiiyn (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the bad guys always lose and losing is no fun.

#47 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@the_titan_lord said:

Godzilla says hello.

Godzilla isnt a bad guy.he's a force of nature.....who just so happens to lose whenever he's the antagonist.

#48 Posted by Racob7 (5793 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: IMO he's a villain who often fights other villains. (unless it's the kid's version)

#49 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played heroes and villains in video games and in DnD, and honestly I've always enjoyed helping more than hurting. I don't enjoy the subterfuge, backstabbing, and conniving that usually comes along with being the villain. I prefer to serve and protect, than exploit and destroy. Being a villain can be fun, and sometimes more enjoyable, but adventuring and unweaving the plot a villain worked so hard to put together and blowing it up in his/her face is more fun to me. It would probably explain the line of work I went into.

#50 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@avenging_x_bolt: IMO he's a villain who often fights other villains. (unless it's the kid's version)

your opinion is wrong : )