Why do fanboys get hurt so much?

Crissdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crissdragon

Everyone can have their favorite character and stick to it but it bothers me that because its their favorite hero or favorite company,he/she will try to put it over other characters and pretending to "forget " their weakness.

I mean why do people do this?

Just because my character doesn't beat everyone in fiction or losing several times does it mean the inspiration itself is less powerfull then an actual "plot device" or "gary stu" character who automatically wins due to better fan base or something?

Why can't people say "despite that its my favorite character he/she will lose to those you mentioned".

Is it because of some insecurity people have and therefore their superhero must be invincible so they feel better about themselves?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

@Crissdragon said:

Why can't people say "despite that its my favorite character he/she will lose to those you mentioned".

Because then they wouldn't be fanboys they'd be rational human beings!

Avatar image for prince_rehtestroc
Prince_RehteStroC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Prince_RehteStroC

A lot of people think that for the character to be considered 'good' it also has to be the most powerful. So when one says so and so can beat that character, they feel like you're saying their fav character sucks. Never liked that line of thought as beatable characters are often more likeable, imo.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Because they fall in such love with a certain character, issue or product that they spend little time worrying about other points of view (meaning they only can comprehend their argument). so when someone attacks the one thing they hold dear it must hurt like having a favorite dragonball t-shirt thrown in a mudpuddle, or finding out that Batman told Robin he wants to be more than just a mentor (officially that is) :)

But honestly without fanboys who else would tell us that we are wrong no matter what, and how wrong having a point of view other than theirs is.

I love fanboys

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Swagger462

Because they're immature and stubborn. Also they have an inability to see in anything other than black and white. They like them so they have to win. I mean, I'm a huge Punisher fan boy, specifically Garths MAX punisher. I can say that I honestly think that relative to what he is (a regular human with no super powers) he's one of the toughest heros there is. But I openly admit that Colosus or Superman would bat him around like a cat with a rodent.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

Some fanboys. There are plenty of fanboys on this site who are not what you described, myself included.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Tbh, a real fan of a character knows said character weakness and what they can and can't do.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad

It's getting butthurt that makes a fanboy. Without the bitterness and fanaticism, they would just be called fans.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@nickthedevil said:

Some fanboys. There are plenty of fanboys on this site who are not what you described, myself included.

This.

I am a fellow Halo/Jason Todd (Red Hood) fanboy, but that doesn't cloud my judgement. I can still offer civilized debates.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By charlieboy

@ssejllenrad said:

It's getting butthurt that makes a fanboy. Without the bitterness and fanaticism, they would just be called fans.

I agree with this. You can love something without being insane about it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@charlieboy said:

@ssejllenrad said:

I agree with this. You can love something without being insane about it.

Agreed 100%.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By YoungJustice

@ssejllenrad said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Tbh, a real fan of a character knows said character weakness and what they can and can't do.

@nickthedevil said:

This, I love me some Black Bolt, but I know that he isnt unstoppable and can provide a nice debate about it.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ARMIV2

The butt-hurt fanboys get all...well, butt-hurt over their favorite character because they've got their own sad and tiny little worlds centered around this idol of theirs.

And yes, I'm thinking of Bat-Man fanboys here.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@nickthedevil said: