Why do critics hate Arkham Origins?

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Why do they? I honestly think the game is great. Is it because of the lack of change? Honestly, I don't know. I only play for the story line. The game play isn't broken, it stayed the same. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It's alright but predictable

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because they're critic's......

I honestly think Arkham Origins is much better than Arkham City. Arkham Asylum is still IMO the best out of the three.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chances are that there are several factors.

One of them though, is the plot holes/continuity errors in the game. To give an example: The "Grapnel Booster" that was was only a Prototype in Arkham City, is something you already have in Arkham Origins, despite the fact that it's supposed to take place several years before the events of Arkham City. I suppose Batman sent it back in time -.-

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because you touch yourself at night........

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The story was great. But some of the gameplay was straight out of the other 2 games. Like Mad Hatter level was straight outta Scarecrow levels.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BWANASIMBA

The glitches are a pain in the ass. There have been several times where the game has froze on me. The Joker being the main villain again is getting old. Several continuity errors are present in this game (example: why doesn't Batman have the electric gauntlets in later games?). The game also didn't really bring anything new to the series. Also, they hyped up Deathstroke for no apparent reason as he doesn't really do much in the game, and his moves for his challenge mode are just Robin's from the last game.

I still like the game. It's okay, not amazing like the first two, but enjoyable. Granted, I still haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Alot of the reviews I have seen have being favourable towards the game.

I personally did not enjoy it anywhere near as much as the last. It is an alright game. But when the last two games were brilliant and this one comes out as good. Then there is an issue there.

I like the game overall, but I am disappointed in it as well.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 Edited by BWANASIMBA (225 posts) - 1 hour, 20 minutes ago - Show Bio

The glitches are a pain in the ass. There have been several times where the game has froze on me. THE JOKER BEING THE MAIN VILLAIN IS GETTING OLD. Several continuity errors are present in this game (example: why doesn't Batman have the electric gauntlets in later games?). The game also didn't really bring anything new to the series. Also, THEY HYPED UP DEATHSTROKE FOR NO APPARENT REASON as he DOESNT really do much in the GAME, and his moves for his challenge mode are just Robin's from the last game.

I still like the game. It's okay, not amazing like the first two, but enjoyable.

I have tried multiplayer and its alright but it takes half an hour for the game to load and start.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Its not so much bad as it's kind of pretty much the same thing as Arkham City.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By redleader1

@bwanasimba: he had the gloves later. He used then on a new suit on the wii u version of ac

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By viin

I think overall Arkham City was better because it had a bigger line up of well known villains and pretty much no glitches or freeze ups. I think Origins was to get some sort of setup with Jokers origin, as well as the release of multiplayer.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19:

Why does it take a half hour to start?

@redleader1:

I never played the Wii versions. Still doesn't make sense why he doesn't just put it on his main suit, but at least that's sort of explainable.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwanasimba: well it was implied that he was making the suit for a long time so before asylum he might want opponents not to know his weapons till he needs them to

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

eez a clone herr docter

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By cameron83

My opinions and thoughts:

1. It doesn't have as much focus or as dark a tone as the previous two games (which I can understand). Most of the times that it tried to be suspenseful and such failed in my opinion.
  2. The dialogue was awful.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Because you touch yourself at night........

much comedy

so

thoughtful

such design

craftsman original ship

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. It doesn't have as much focus or as dark a tone as the previous two games (which I can understand). Most of the times that it tried to be suspenseful and such failed in my opinion.

Even though I loved Arkham City, there were some awful dialogue in that game too.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

Even though I loved Arkham City, there were some awful dialogue in that game too.

There was,and many of the voices were so...generic,but it was so awful here.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperonyx:

Because compared to the other games it was bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I haven't seen anyone flat-out say they hate it as opposed to them thinking it's alright.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TifaLockhart

Cause they're critics, it's their job.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WarBlade539

One word...Deathstroke.

The game hyped up Deathstroke so much and what happened in the end? Batman beat him up like a four-year old. Black Mask should have been the main antagonist but no...it was Joker. What a surprise?

City is so boring and lifeless. No Easter Eggs, no interesting puzzles.

Too friggin' ease, no challenge even on hard.

Overall WB Montreal f**ked it up. The only solace is that Rocksteady is working on the sequel to AC.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I dont know. Critics are kinda random and alot of the time the score depends on how much the company pays the reviewers (IGN is a prime example of this). Thats why I say never trust reviews, watch gameplay instead and make up your own mind if its worth trying or not, you should do that anyway since taste differs.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any examples?

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recycles gameplay, unoriginal multiplayer and general lack of creativity. For example in this game batman has a glue grenade that does the same thing his ice grenade did in Arkham City. Instead of making a new creative gadget the game just used renamed an old one. Another example is Deathstroke, he is basically Robin with a Deathstroke skin.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bugs. Nuff said.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The multiplayer doesn't work. I tried for half an hour to get into a match but it couldn't find anyone.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

Any examples?

I can't remember the specific dialogue verbatim,but I remember (in the annoying,typical thug voice) one saying "Kill him dead. And if he ain't dead,then anyone left alive after he's done is gonna wish they were deader than he is" or something like that. I can't exactly remember it,but you get the idea.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@cameron83 said:

Any examples?

I can't remember the specific dialogue verbatim,but I remember (in the annoying,typical thug voice) one saying "Kill him dead. And if he ain't dead,then anyone left alive after he's done is gonna wish they were deader than he is" or something like that. I can't exactly remember it,but you get the idea.

Ah okay.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They complain about it rehashing the previous games yet still give the likes of Call of Duty and FIFA high scores.

So I dunno

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because it's basically the same sh!t since Arkham City...

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because critics are stupid.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deathstroke19

@bwanasimba: idk but it looks like you had the same problem as i did. Its fun when the match actually starts but it tales forever to start.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#38  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The biggest issue I had with the game was the glitches as it made enjoying the game difficult as it would randomly freeze up, sometimes during important cutscene's. But since they released the patch I've go through the New Game Plus version of the game and this has quickly become my favorite Batman game out of the series, second only to Arkham City. I know some had issues with the twist concerning the main villain, but as a game that is suppose to be about a defining moment in Batman's early career, I thought the story told this perfectly. Most of the boss fights were epic, from your fight with Deathstroke, the battle with Firefly on the bridge (which was epic by the way, arguably one of my favorite parts in the whole game), and the first battle with Bane.

Aside from the main story, I did feel that they missed a few opportunities with certain characters, particularly with two of the games assassins (Deadshot and Shiva), though I could tell that he later assassin was really more of a way to allude to both Arkham Asylum and City. Overall, while the game was not perfect, I felt that it was a great mesh of what made the two previous installments amazing. Though the game didn't venture out into new territory too much, I do feel that the advancements of the Detective Mode (or Vision?) were pretty epic, being able to investigate a crime scene and being able to create a digital simulation of the crime as it happened; making it feel as if you were a real detective.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is always

No Caption Provided

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're critics. That's what they do.

DeeRock313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because, they changed the layout of the city. After playing hours and hours of arkham city, I can't seem to find my way around that section in origins, most of the game is dlc (some of which are ps3 or pre-order exclusive, while others require media from graphic novels and smartphone apps). So no matter what you do, unless you spend 100+ dollars, it's impossible to get the full experience. And there's not nearly as much to do outside of the main story. It ruins the whole point of the free roam.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WarBlade539

One word...Deathstroke.

The game hyped up Deathstroke so much and what happened in the end? Batman beat him up like a four-year old. Black Mask should have been the main antagonist but no...it was Joker. What a surprise?

City is so boring and lifeless. No Easter Eggs, no interesting puzzles.

Too friggin' ease, no challenge even on hard.

Overall WB Montreal f**ked it up. The only solace is that Rocksteady is working on the sequel to AC.

ARKHAM KNIGHT!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's lesser than asylum and city. If those games never existed this game would be acclaimed, but they do, so its just OK.