Why do a lot of Samoans in WWE have the same sleeve tattoo?

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yokergeist

The Rock, Roman Reigns, The Usos, they all have the exact same sleeve tattoo that comes up to the chest (well, idk about Roman). And all of their sleeve tattoos have a similar pattern. Coincidence? Or a cultural thing?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TazzMission

samoan culture and there all related.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Jphu8414

I think it's some sort of Samoan tradition to have those types of tattoos

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You arent looking closely they dont have the same tattoos. How does the rock and roman reigns have related tattoos they look nothing alike ? The Usos have different ones too one has two sleeved tattoos one has a half sleeve and a full

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

You arent looking closely they dont have the same tattoos. How does the rock and roman reigns have related tattoos they look nothing alike ? The Usos have different ones too one has two sleeved tattoos one has a half sleeve and a full

im saying rock reigns and usos are related. not the tats. youd be suprised at how much history that family has in the wwe

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:

Like I said, they don't have exactly the same. They all have a pattern that shows no skin and goes up to their chest

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthChelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally made an account so I would be able to post this. The reason they look the same is, if they are related like you say, the pattern is similar but if you looks closely each of these individuals tattoos have differences. The reason they are similar is because specific designs in the tattoo are linked to show the families lineage. This swirl represents this family member or that curved line is what made another family member gain notice. The difference in tattoo are representations of the individuals life, defining moments, hard times they overcame, etc. All people of Polynesian decent (Maori, Samoan,Tongan, etc) have the same in depth and personal stylization and history of there tattoo designs. the Polynesia tribal tattoo is a very personal thing and why most traditional tribal tattooists won't just let you pick your own tattoo. They have to make sure your not going to insult an individual, a family, or an entire tribe.