#1 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking at the upcoming Adult Swim shows and half of the shows are freakin old kid shows. Star Wars: TCW, Naruto, and much more. What happened to the good old mature cartoons?

#2 Posted by Cgoodness (5138 posts) - - Show Bio

they played pee wee's playhouse for a while also :/

#3 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause apparently, current CN logic is that since the kids who watched those shows before are now supposedly adults, it's OK to add it to adult swim.

#5 Posted by Cgoodness (5138 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

The Anime Stuff was because they are bringing Back Toonami on Saturday Nights.

Peewees Play House they stopped duing was actually pretty adult in later seasons

I remember a joke where the Princess Woman asked The Handy Man "If thats just a wrench in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

And Another where She Told a Firefighter to come to her house and check her smoke alaram...over her bed

#7 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18376 posts) - - Show Bio

I was looking at the upcoming Adult Swim shows and half of the shows are freakin old kid shows. Star Wars: TCW, Naruto, and much more. What happened to the good old muture cartoons?

So mature you spell it with a "U". :D

#8 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Nefarious (21242 posts) - - Show Bio

Its for the new generations.

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7502 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

I was looking at the upcoming Adult Swim shows and half of the shows are freakin old kid shows. Star Wars: TCW, Naruto, and much more. What happened to the good old muture cartoons?

So mature you spell it with a "U". :D

lol

#11 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Star Wars is guaranteed ratings and Disney owns the rights to all new stuff so they need a way to milk what they got

#12 Posted by scorpion2501 (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

Adult swin hit it's pinnacle when it was airing Cowboy Bebop imo.

#13 Posted by Squares (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia, I guess.

#14 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone else said, the anime stuff is due to the return of Toonami on Saturdays. And with Star Wars, I guess they're hoping to cash in on the huge adult-swim watching population who like Star Wars.

#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

they played pee wee's playhouse for a while also :/

I remembered when they aired Pee Wee's Playhouse on Adult Swim. Now that I'm looking back at a few episodes, I can understand why that show was aired on Adult Swim...

#16 Posted by russellmania77 (15663 posts) - - Show Bio

respect toonami and their show line up

#17 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (778 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the FCC is declaring old kids shows as too "mature" for today's kids to handle because kids are simply being sheltered more and more. seriously, it seems like EVERY modern kid show has to have an educational reference in it.

#18 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Adult swin hit it's pinnacle when it was airing Cowboy Bebop imo.

You sir are awesome.

#19 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad about the anime though.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (20060 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT DEPENDS. WHY DID YOU PUT THE THREAD TITLE IN ALL CAPS.

#21 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8461 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network is a very different beast than what it was when I was watching it.

#22 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

The quality of Adult Swim has gone to crap if you ask me unless you like all those live action shows like NTSF: SUV, Eagleheart, Childrens Hospital, etc..

#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4844 posts) - - Show Bio

Um because the only people who care about old kid shows are the kids who are now old.

( +)

#24 Posted by Rouflex (19239 posts) - - Show Bio

Never saw this stuff.

#25 Posted by Rouflex (19239 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

THAT DEPENDS. WHY DID YOU PUT THE THREAD TITLE IN ALL CAPS.

He/She was mad and so are you :).

#26 Posted by The Stegman (24997 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really understood the appeal of Adult Swim. Besides a few gems like Space Ghost, Boondocks and Robot Chicken, it seems like it's just mostly weird a** shows made by 14 year olds.

#27 Posted by longbowhunter (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto and Star Wars are old kids shows?

#28 Posted by scorpion2501 (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really understood the appeal of Adult Swim. Besides a few gems like Space Ghost, Boondocks and Robot Chicken, it seems like it's just mostly weird a** shows made by 14 year olds.

Those are the ones that come to mind? I thought the gems were Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, Etc...

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (11095 posts) - - Show Bio

Shrugs.

#30 Edited by The Stegman (24997 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpion2501: I consider all anime to be apart of Toonami, which to me is separate from Adult Swim.

#31 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I just miss Case Closed tbh. They gave that show such a crappy airtime at 3am, which is obviously why it didn't kick start. Nobody was seeing it. Well, except a few people and me..who actually loved the show so much we'd stay up all night just to see it. Can't say I'd do that for many others. I love crime drama, the English dub actually fit quite well, it gets pretty repetitive but it has a few jewels every season. I think it'd be a hit now if it aired sometime around midnight on Saturday nights,

#32 Edited by dngn4774 (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Cartoon Network hates it's old fans slightly more than Marvel does.

#33 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter:

No, but Transformers, pee-wee's playhouse, Dexter's Lab, and others are old kids shows.

#34 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

They played Saved by the Bell and Pewees Playhouse like for 2 months, 8 years ago. Why are people bringing that up still?

#35 Edited by longbowhunter (7281 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew they showed Pee Wee and Saved By The Bell on occasion. Those I'd consider old kids shows. I guess they figure its the same demographic. I won't lie, I watched 'em when they aired. And DVRed the British Office.

#36 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@commander_kane:

Because I saw them playing Star Wars: TCW and Naruto last night.

#37 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6750 posts) - - Show Bio

Um because the only people who care about old kid shows are the kids who are now old.

( +)