#1 Posted by Pwok21 (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously what is it, did I not get the memo or something.

Also this criticism doubles as an Ask Me thread just for pure hypocrisy factor.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (222847 posts) - - Show Bio
because it's the only way to do it... 
#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone just started it one day and a bunch of others just followed... and today someone just went and bumped almost all of them.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12307 posts) - - Show Bio

Narcissism

#5 Posted by Samimista (20220 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

Someone just started it one day and a bunch of others just followed... and today someone just went and bumped almost all of them.

That person didn't bump mine. =(

#6 Posted by YoungJustice (6396 posts) - - Show Bio

I got bored, so created one.

#7 Posted by IZZR (4256 posts) - - Show Bio

One aspect of it could be attention seeking lol

#8 Posted by The Stegman (20867 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the new Anti Life equation 

Boredom + Narcissism x (herd mentality)    = More ''Ask Me'' threads
Shamelessness 

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's currently trendy.

#10 Posted by Inverno (12835 posts) - - Show Bio

Because its a good way for people knowing each other on the vine.

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats your favorite color?

What is your favorite New 52 title?

If you were stuck on an elevator for 24 hours who would you want to be stuck with?

#12 Posted by joewell (6240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

If you were stuck on an elevator for 24 hours who would you want to be stuck with?

Silver

Never read a comic

YOUR MOM, no jk, Superman, he can bust me out

#13 Posted by IZZR (4256 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

Black

All of them are wack excpet The Shade

Dave Chappelle or the girl of my dreams
#14 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Brown

Swamp Thing

Catwoman

#15 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

Did this just turn into an ask me thread. ◔_◔

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16918 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Because its a good way for people knowing each other on the vine.

This

And out of boredom for me.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

Did this just turn into an ask me thread. ◔_◔

It became an ask many thread.

#18 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

People get bored so they make one. So they can talk about anything off topic. Thats what its there for. I never made one, but guess I could since Im on a thread and me and another user get caught up in so many off topic stuff.

#19 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them in the sense that I view CV as a community and I enjoy reading the answers people give in them, it can allow for more sincerity and relaxation than most threads and people are interesting. At the same time I wouldn't want CV Off Topic to be flooded with them, and I think its bad when an individual person bumps like more than 5 of them at any given time. Then it almost becomes like the Points Games which I dislike. I don't mind Ask threads as much because at least its a more sincere interaction between two people or more.  

There are certain posters I wished had Ask threads, and I have always wanted an ask thread mind you, not for attention, or boredom (maybe narcissism though lol) mainly to see what questions people ask me and what my answers would be, but personally I wouldn't create one for myself until I felt I earned the right through some means. Maybe having 12, 000 posts? 200, 000 wiki points? 200 Reviews?  

#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I like them in the sense that I view CV as a community and I enjoy reading the answers people give in them, it can allow for more sincerity and relaxation than most threads and people are interesting. At the same time I wouldn't want CV Off Topic to be flooded with them, and I think its bad when an individual person bumps like more than 5 of them at any given time. Then it almost becomes like the Points Games which I dislike. I don't mind Ask threads as much because at least its a more sincere interaction between two people or more. There are certain posters I wished had Ask threads, and I have always wanted an ask thread mind you, not for attention, or boredom (maybe narcissism though lol) mainly to see what questions people ask me and what my answers would be, but personally I wouldn't create one for myself until I felt I earned the right through some means. Maybe having 12, 000 posts? 200, 000 wiki points? 200 Reviews?

Definitely ^_^

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16918 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

I like them in the sense that I view CV as a community and I enjoy reading the answers people give in them, it can allow for more sincerity and relaxation than most threads and people are interesting. At the same time I wouldn't want CV Off Topic to be flooded with them, and I think its bad when an individual person bumps like more than 5 of them at any given time. Then it almost becomes like the Points Games which I dislike. I don't mind Ask threads as much because at least its a more sincere interaction between two people or more. There are certain posters I wished had Ask threads, and I have always wanted an ask thread mind you, not for attention, or boredom (maybe narcissism though lol) mainly to see what questions people ask me and what my answers would be, but personally I wouldn't create one for myself until I felt I earned the right through some means. Maybe having 12, 000 posts? 200, 000 wiki points? 200 Reviews?

If you like em hit me up with a question on mine sometime!

:D

#22 Posted by Pwok21 (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just curious to see what everyone thought about it, and got quite a mixed bag of responses.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's oversaturated right now, as at the time of writing this thread there were twenty on the front page.

Yes I know someone had bumped a majority of them but the number of them really surprised me.

@SC:

Agreed on the front of feeling about deserving to make one.

Also agreed on certain posters that don't have one should have one

#23 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: I agree there I like seeing a couple up one or two bumped once a week to be revisited, but when there are nine up it is a little obnoxious.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

Boredom and Narcissism, well that's why I did mine.

#25 Posted by KnightRise (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Red

Green Lantern?

An attractive female of pleasant conversation and low modesty, preferably leaving a snacks, music, and Nintendo DS convention.

#26 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fun, and a cool way to familiarize with other viners.

#27 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I participated in a few, usually good friends' for silliness but honestly, I don't really read them. It's more for the people who go in there -- ask their question -- get it - and then, move on or ask another question. I did see someone ask a question once and be told it was already answered but going through pages and pages isn't the very fun I think unless of course you are curious. But that's just me.

So -- they don't bother me. If people are curious about me and my takes on things, I would prefer they pm me so we can have a conversation. And really, if these threads do bother you -- just like the points ones - just don't go in there. Scrolling down doesn't take much effort and those who complain about these kinds of threads, like the points ones are not forced to participate. Just like threads others make which people might think is too excessive.

My two shiny pennies.

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

Because that's the way for people to know each other better.

#29 Posted by The3rdOption (27 posts) - - Show Bio

People lack originality?

#30 Edited by SilverGalford (2939 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm bored ask me anything LOL!

#31 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

xxxddd thought it was necessary to revive all the dead ones...