This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

iu mean seriously. some people on here are some of the most contentious, rude and angry people ive ever encountered. you never meet these people in real life theyre only this rude behind a keyboard

#2 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because they never get laid.........

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio

You seriously made a thread just because I corrected you about your ignorance on a topic? I wasn't being rude.

#4 Edited by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

Know you are just being rude.

#5 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a great community. I don't know what you encountered that made you criticize the people here.

Or this is just a troll thread?

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

it's the internet. that's the short answer. the long answer would be a psycho-sociological analyzes of the nerd world and the empowering consequences of such members acquiring access to these types of forums

#7 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Being behind the keyboard incites bravery which would otherwise never be exhibited in an individual. That is what I hate about the majority of people on the internet.

#9 Edited by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Because you get what you give, so if you're aggressive you're gonna annoy the users who disagree with you and then the snark comes out.

Just chill out, remember not to push on people and you'll find that most users on here are actually quite nice.

Except in the Battles forums, they'll just rip your head off with their teeth because that section is hardcore.

#10 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe just because there are people on here. There's usually a few rude people anywhere you go.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a great community. I don't know what you encountered that made you criticize the people here.

Or this is just a troll thread?

ive encountered a number of very rude individuals.

#12 Edited by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

You seriously made a thread just because I corrected you about your ignorance on a topic? I wasn't being rude.

you did more than just correct me. and I made this thread because of not only my experience withyou but with others as well. we're pming to sort out our issue

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

People are not as polite on the internet as they are in person. However here on Comic Vine people are far nicer than they are on most of the other sites I've visited.

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty:

I tend to agree. but every once in a while some people on here just get angry because you disagree with them and they attack you

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (7082 posts) - - Show Bio

I really get along with most everyone on the site. You think it's bad here go checkout Comicbookmovie.com. That site is a hellhole of negativity and rudeness.

#16 Posted by Edamame (28143 posts) - - Show Bio

HEH :)

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

C'est la vie, no point making a thread about it. In any community, you're always going to find individuals that you disagree with, or that rub off in a bad way.

I really get along with most everyone on the site. You think it's bad here go checkout Comicbookmovie.com. That site is a hellhole of negativity and rudeness.

It's a funny hellhole of negativity and rudeness to read though. xD

#18 Edited by GreenLanternHalJordan (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he doesn't know the difference between honesty and being rude? ;)

#19 Edited by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

we here at comicvine feel very strongly about our comics, hence the name.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, Comicbookmovie.com is terrible. Constant arguments and flame wars.

#22 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio

its one thing to feel strongly its another to be mean

#23 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@young_beamer said:

its one thing to feel strongly its another to be mean

People get heated, it happens. Heck I've seen you get pretty rude and angry before, especially with certain recent law related stuff.
Sure you apologized after for loosing your cool, but that's the thing, you lost your cool and you're not the only who does that.

The best defense against what you feel is rudeness or anger is to be as calm and polite as possible. Remember that you're talking to another person who could be having a very bad day for all you know, so don't give them more reasons to be mad.

#24 Posted by GreenLanternHalJordan (18 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by i_like_swords (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

I have two points on the matter to make:

1. Comicvine does, for the most part, have a very mature community. The older/more knowledgeable guys will nearly always correct a newbie on something in the most polite manner, and the mods are understanding seem to only hand out warnings or bans in extreme cases. In the event that a viner is picked on, or someone is being out of line, the community will be there to help them out or put the guy in his place.

2. However, because of this very friendly, mature atmosphere on the vine, there is one slight gripe I have. There seems to be a very fine line between being rude/immature or attacking someone, and simply calling them out on something. A line that really isn't very clear at all. You could say something that you think is really harmless, and all you're doing is replying to someone in the same manner in which they posted, intending only to clear something they're saying up, and out of nowhere you'll get the typical reactions "you're being immature" or "you're starting an argument", "you're just as bad as him" and especially "there was no need in that".

It just leaves me there like "really? You're that sensitive?"

So yeah, it's best to avoid any kind of conflict whatsoever. Even stating a difference in opinion can incite some kind of feud between you and another user.

#26 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I assure you I'm just as big an asshole in real life as I am on here, I know there is literally no way to prove that so I completely understand if you don't believe me.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always found the comicvine community to be mostly pretty laid back and easygoing, with a couple exceptions that spring up now and then. However, the community has a very low tolerance for ignorance, and tend to deal with it some pretty aggressive ways, I've noticed.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I know I just felt the need to point it out, I have a long standing family reputation to uphold. I'm an 80th generation prick.

#30 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

People suck.

#31 Edited by Pokeysteve (8299 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to convey tone through text so some people aren't being rude or mean on purpose.

Then you have your small group that are just colossal A Holes.

LOL, Comicbookmovie.com is terrible. Constant arguments and flame wars.

Lol it's always a good read though!

#32 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Comic Vine is their life and they only feel important in life when they are on the Vine being dicks to people.

Basically, they are losers.

Ha.

#33 Edited by xlab3000 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

lol

Because you get what you give, so if you're aggressive you're gonna annoy the users who disagree with you and then the snark comes out.

Just chill out, remember not to push on people and you'll find that most users on here are actually quite nice.

Except in the Battles forums, they'll just rip your head off with their teeth because that section is hardcore.

this

#34 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

You're going to find mean people where ever you go. That's a fact of life.

#35 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@joshmightbe:

I wasn't talking about you

Who were you talking about? Is there a specific board? Or topic? I mean you could you be more specific.

I

#36 Posted by Joygirl (19935 posts) - - Show Bio

Amusingly the nicest forum I've ever been on was a Yaoi fansite.

#37 Posted by SOG7dc (7177 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I've found a lot of people here get easily upset when you disagree with them.

#40 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6171 posts) - - Show Bio

Because were triple triple OG's

#41 Posted by longbowhunter (7082 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I can't do it anymore. I've been a member on that site for years but can't tell you the last time I logged in. Anytime a comic is previewed its, "What is this crap, my 6 year old niece can draw better than this". I don't know if there is any comic fans on that site. It seems like a grouping of children with anger management issues. A real cesspool of trolls.

#42 Edited by God_Spawn (37880 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have an issue with someone take it in PM. Making a thread about people being rude isn't going to help a situation. People get angry. It's a part of life. This thread isn't going to do anything positive and is a perfect grounds to make situations worse.