• 143 results
#1 Edited by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I was working with a guy tonight who asked me what time we would be done with our project (putting up sound and lights for the Miss Arkansas competition). When I told him we would be lucky to be done by midnight, he looked at me with fear in his eyes and said, "My wife is going to chew me out if I tell her that!"

What the **** is wrong with guys? Why would you be with someone who emasculates you any time you don't bow to her whim? From what I've seen, 70% of guys ask, "How high?" when their significant other tells them to jump.

I like my girlfriend, and I often do things that are not necessarily my favorite things to do just because I want to make her happy, but if I ever get the slightest hint that she is trying to bully, nag, manipulate, or guilt me into doing something, I refuse her. If she continues in that way, I politely call her on it and tell her to stop.

A man whose woman does not respect him is not much of a man.

Edit:

For those of you who do not see a difference between being respectful of your wife/girlfriend and being whipped by your wife/girlfriend, here is a similar event which happened with my girlfriend today, Mary Jane. Mary Jane has been wanting me to meet some friends of hers for awhile, and we finally planned a double date with them tonight. Today at work around ten this morning, I find out that I have to work until eleven this evening.

Disgruntled, I called my girlfriend and got voice mail. I said, "Get ready to be disappointed. I have to work tonight for Miss Arkansas. Friday night too. Sorry. Hopefully we can work something out for next week. I'm still on for tomorrow night. Bye."

She called back in a little while, and I took the call. She said she wanted to let me know she wasn't disappointed, and we could meet them some other time. I called her back again later in the day to let her know that we could watch the Miss Arkansas show together because I will not actually be very busy even though I have to be at work. She said she had already made plans with her friend Aubrey, but she would watch it with me Friday.

See, we consider each other, but we don't "chew out" each other.

Best girlfriend ever!

#2 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Whoa! You are Black and White. You are both Rebecca Black and Betty White...

Where is your God now!

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27356 posts) - - Show Bio

grow up

#5 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Rock and roll all night

#6 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a whipped thing.

#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like it

#8 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: @HolySerpent: @telepathic666:

What are any of you talking about?

#9 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

when you get married you enter a whole new set of rules lol it's not about whipped it's respect.

#10 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems scared of his wife= Whipped

#11 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666 said:

when you get married you enter a whole new set of rules lol it's not about whipped it's respect.

I get that marriage is a huge commitment, and that you give up a lot of your preferences to please the person you marry. That is cool. I get that instead of just inviting friends over, you call and see if your spouse is okay with company. I get that you want to keep tabs on where your spouse is. I understand that when you marry someone, it is irresponsible to go out hanging out with friends every night. I get you need to coordinate with money. All that is fine and great.

However, being afraid that your wife is going to gripe you out is pathetic. I'm sorry, is your mommy saying you are in trouble? That is just one example, but I see this all the time in different forms. There is the classic girl moves "If you love me, you'd do this for me." Then there is nagging. Have you made an appointment with the doctor? When are you going to see the doctor? You really need to see the doctor. Don't wait to see if you are really sick, you must go first thing in the morning. There is the withholding sex routine. Anytime a guy says, "I'll have to check with my wife to see if I can do that."

Considering your wife or girlfriend and doing nice things for her is wonderful. Having your wife or girlfriend treat you like an immature child is pathetic. Many men fall into the latter category.

#12 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

He seems scared of his wife= Whipped

That's my opinion, yes. Wanting to please your wife is wonderful. Fearing your wife might "chew you out" is pathetic.

I don't understand the "Rock and Roll all night" comment though.

#13 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Well when sometimes men act like children (im male) not that women are exempt but i do find men do dumber things than women more often than not hence why they are treated like children.

#14 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666 said:

Well when sometimes men act like children (im male) not that women are exempt but i do find men do dumber things than women more often than not hence why they are treated like children.

I get that there is a lot of immaturity with a lot of men (though I don't guy into the idea that women are any better), and I think you are right in implying that men's immaturity brings out the mothering nature of women. For instance, a husband stays out and parties with friends neglecting to spend time with his wife and/or children, so the wife starts nagging him about staying home all the time, but this is a horribly dysfunctional relationship, and neither spouse will be happy in that situation.

However, some men seem generally responsible, yet they still put up with their wives henpecking them.

#15 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Or this guy messed up eralier or is still in the dog house It's like a math equation many variable that we/you may not know of, or the other option she could be a total bitch

#16 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666 said:

Or this guy messed up eralier or is still in the dog house It's like a math equation many variable that we/you may not know of, or the other option she could be a total bitch

(laughs) Well, there very well may be a good reason for her to be mad at him, but it is still pathetic for a man to live in fear of his wife...or vice-versa for that matter.

#17 Posted by Mikey Venture (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the answer your looking for is "Sexist remark." Am I right fellas, huh ? Shit, my mom's calling me. Gotta go !

#18 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

grow up

Are you going to explain your rudeness, or are you just going to leave me assuming you are an idiot?

#19 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@telepathic666 said:

(laughs) Well, there very well may be a good reason for her to be mad at him, but it is still pathetic for a man to live in fear of his wife...or vice-versa for that matter.

For some people the power of nookie is a powerful thing my friend

#20 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

I call that having respect for your wife.

#21 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

How is being afraid of your wife the same as having respect for her? I understand letting your wife know when you will be home, but nobody should be afraid of their wife "chewing them out" for doing their job.

#22 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoKnights said:

@cyberninja said:

How is being afraid of your wife the same as having respect for her? I understand letting your wife know when you will be home, but nobody should be afraid of their wife "chewing them out" for doing their job.

Ha! Aren't we just taking things too literally? Let me tell you something kiddo, in my book a man who shows his "manliness" at home isn't really a man. 
#23 Edited by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: I'm not sure what it means to show "manliness" at home unless we are talking about someone whipping out his trouser snake. The fear in this guys eyes was genuine, and I see lots of guys who are under the thumb of their women.

Also, I'm not a kiddo, Old Man.

#24 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights:  A man should save his tough guy routine and douchebaggery for others, not for the wife, that's all I got to say. I don't know how much clearer to make it for you kiddo, I mean old man. 

#25 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

A real relationship is based on respect. You respect each other.

So is a man supposed to be the dominate spouse? Because that would require sacrifice for the woman in the relationship. But if it's the other way around God forbid a man be "whipped" and lose his "masculinity".

You probably know nothing about their relationship and his wife would be concerned about her husband if he's home late.

#26 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoKnights: I don't see what the big deal is, plus it is hard to base what you said off of the content.  By the way, you are working for the Miss Arkansas pageant, and you think other guys are not masculine enough?
#27 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9919 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. She/He got you there pardner =p

#28 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666:

For some people the power of nookie is a powerful thing my friend

QFT.

#29 Edited by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@PsychoKnights: A man should save his tough guy routine and douchebaggery for others, not for the wife, that's all I got to say. I don't know how much clearer to make it for you kiddo, I mean old man.

I disagree completely. A man should be a tough guy all the time and a douchebag none of the time. You really think a guy should be a weak nice guy at home and tough jerk other places?

Look, I think you guys are reading things in my post that I didn't actually say. Either that or you are all whipped and feel a need to attack me for pointing it out, but I'm hoping it is the first. I'm not saying a guy should be inconsiderate of his wife. A guy's wife is his partner, his treasure, his most treasured gift. However, (laughs) he shouldn't be afraid of her. I don't see why this is a controversial concept. If the roles were reversed and a woman had to stay late to finish a work project, and she looked at me in fear and said, "My husband is going to be furious," I would say the husband is being a domineering jerk, and I suspect you would agree with me, but we reverse this situation, and it is somehow okay for a man to live in fear of the emotional scolding of his wife?

Bull crap. If you are defending that, then you deserve to be dominated.

#30 Posted by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace said:

@PsychoKnights: By the way, you are working for the Miss Arkansas pageant, and you think other guys are not masculine enough?

I'm just gonna be blunt and say that this was one of the most retarded comments I've read in this thread.

#31 Posted by Enemybird (3103 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what you mean. I used to have a job in customer service a few years ago and I've had many conversations with married men, sometimes they'll say something along the lines of "let me go consult the boss" when referring to their wife or girlfriend . Yet, I've never heard he contrary from women. I am not married so I cant really say for sure how I'd act towards my future wife but I think If I loved a woman enough to make such a big commitment I could see myself doing almost anything to make her happy.

#32 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Being whipped IMO has nothing to do with 'respecting your wife'. Being whipped is when you let your wife/girlfriend disrespect you. And to hell with that sh!t.

#33 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer said:

@BlackLace said:

@PsychoKnights: By the way, you are working for the Miss Arkansas pageant, and you think other guys are not masculine enough?

I'm just gonna be blunt and say that this was one of the most retarded comments I've read in this thread.

Please do not use the term retarded, it is disrespectful towards the mentally handicapped.  
#34 Edited by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace said:

@Jezer said:

@BlackLace said:

Please do not use the term retarded, it is disrespectful towards the mentally handicapped.

I don't suscribe to that interpretation of the word retarded, regardless. It comes from the latin word for slow; slow implies stupidity.

If you're making the mental leap that this connects with the mentally handicapped, then it's on you. If I said "that was the one of the most mentally retarded comments", then you'd have something more, directly connecting what I'm saying with the mentally handicapped.

#35 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: sex > masculinity.

#36 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer: Thanks for the explanation but maybe you need to chill out and back off of your defensive stance, I wasn't going to flag you or anything, I just don't like being labeled as retarded.  Unless I am later for something I guess.  
#37 Edited by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace said:

@Jezer: Thanks for the explanation but maybe you need to chill out and back off of your defensive stance, I wasn't going to flag you or anything, I just don't like being labeled as retarded. Unless I am later for something I guess.

Yeah... because if I make a detailed, indepth post to make my point.....then that means I'm not "chilled".

('-' )

Actually all of my posts are like this; I think things through instead of just typing what pops into my head.

"I just don't like being labeled as retarded."

Cool, that's why your last post had nothing to do with you being offended? Is that why your last post said

@BlackLace said:

instead of "hey thats offensive to me"?

('-' ) ('-' ) -_-

#38 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer: I guess you are right, I just don't think terms like retarded, gay or rape should be used out of their actually meanings, as it takes away from the meaning of those words.  
#39 Posted by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace said:

@Jezer: I guess you are right, I just don't think terms like retarded, gay or rape should be used out of their actually meanings, as it takes away from the meaning of those words.

I agree with gay and rape.

#40 Posted by BlackLace (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer: OK, well if you are talking about what society accepts as the definition of retarded, it stems from the 1970s when lobby groups fought to establish that as a an acceptable alternative to imbecile (imbecile has a psychiatric definition by the way.)  And so it became part of popular culture in that the name became synonymous with stupidity, which it is isn't.  You can explain the etymology of the name as you see fit, but most people see the term "retarded" as offensive to the mentally handicapped.  
#41 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by TERMINATOR1234 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all are wipped.

#43 Edited by Jezer (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace said:

@Jezer: OK, well if you are talking about what society accepts as the definition of retarded, it stems from the 1970s when lobby groups fought to establish that as a an acceptable alternative to imbecile (imbecile has a psychiatric definition by the way.) And so it became part of popular culture in that the name became synonymous with stupidity, which it is isn't. You can explain the etymology of the name as you see fit, but most people see the term "retarded" as offensive to the mentally handicapped.

I severely doubt that. Post some statistics if you really believe that.

I didn't say that "retarded is synonymous with stupid", I said that it implies stupidity. So this isn't a matter of "well retarded only means stupid since 1970s", it's a matter of the idea that retarded implies stupid based on my interpretation of its latin root.

Furthermore, languages change with time. It doesn't matter if that change started in 1970, before psychologists used retarded to refer to the mentally handicapped, there's a 100% chance that it had a different meaning and was used to refer to something else(like the latin roots I posted). So why are we acting like one previous past meaning holds more weight than another? What's important is its current meaning. I'm 20, I went half if not most of my life without knowing that the word "retarded" had anything to do with the mentally handicapped. And people expect me to care about anything other than how its currently used? (I'd only change up my usage of the word if I was in the actual presence of someone mentally handicapped or someone who lives or works with someone handicapped as a social curtesy)

#44 Edited by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I thought "whipped" meant having a massive crush on someone. I didn't realise it adopted such terms as described.

Plus, did the guy really fear for his life? I mean there is a difference between being "emasculated" and being in fear.

#45 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not make compromise?

#46 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

Married life is routine. Staying over could mean spending less time with his wife (watching television together, reading a book beside her or eating the dinner she prepared). This results in fights sometimes. People are emotional like that.

#47 Posted by The Stegman (20736 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why all human interactions are ridiculous.

#48 Posted by Raiiyn (3288 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackLace: hmm you remind me of someone...

I think that there is more to it then simply fear of being "chewed" out. The circumstances surrounding the relationship are unknown to any but those involved, so judging any relationship for "whipped" status is short-sighted. Every relationship differs and when you are married, there are certain things that both parties expect from the other. It's not about being whipped. Like many have said, its about having respect for your spouse and vice versa.

#49 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

For a second, I took the title in the literal manner.

#50 Posted by AweSam (7084 posts) - - Show Bio